/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Second Interview..so frightened!

Ummah
07-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Salaam all,

first of all jazakAllah for the duahs during my exams, alhamdulillah they went well and i'm sure those here making duah for me made it that much better for me.

I need your duahs again bros n sisters, I had an interview today and i thought it went really well. Im desperate for this job it would be a great opportunity for me inshAllah.
I got a phonecall from the recruiter telling me im shortlisted with two other people. I've been told to research the firm's website content and I think the interviewer wants to see how much I can absorb.

Im going to crack on with it now, because I've been told my interview could be tomorrow or monday so I need to be very prepared!!!!

Im really frightened, stressed and anxious... I have no idea how it will be and i just want this job so much. i love the job and the firm and everything about it!! plus my parents have got their hopes real high too.

Please do duah to Allah swt for me that I am successful and get this job
:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
07-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Just be yourself, Ummah.
Let them see who you are, and hopefully they will think you are the right candidate ...
No matter how much you want this job, there is no point pretending to be somebody you are not.

Just try to look after yourself until the interview, pamper yourself and try to relax!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

GuestFellow
07-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Salaam Brother!

I bet your nervous. Try not to worry too much, remember during the interview remain calm, be confident and speak clearly. I remember my first practice interview and my mouth went dry because I got nervous. Try to think of what type of questions they might ask you, interviewers can be quite unpredictable at times. You do not want a question thrown at you, where you might not know the answer exactly. If you face yourself in a similar situation be spontaneous. I will pray for your success!

Ummah
07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
salaam again,

my second interview has been scheduled for tomorrow. I think the toughest questions were all asked in the first interview... u know the niggly ones where they try and trick you, but Alhamdulillah i remained calm and at the end the interviewer told me he thinks i am intelligent, friendly bubbly and bright, with good experience! so i was really pleased alhamdulillah.

on the second interview he will be testing my research skills to see if i have understood the job role. ive got a feeling he might roleplay with me so have been going through all sorts of eventualities in my head trying to prepare.

i have been myself throughout the process, and all i am praying to Allah swt is that I am successful and get the job, and that i am successful and respected in this job too inshAllah.

my interviewer is a muslim too, hes a really nice person mashAllah and one of the most driven and enthusiastic people ive ever met. but i did feel a little bit like i was talking to sir alan sugar lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
07-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Ummah;

I've been told to research the firm's website content and I think the interviewer wants to see how much I can absorb.
As well as absorbing lots of information, look for some challenging questions to ask them about the company and about the job. No website is perfect, look for constructive and positive ways to challenge what you see. Look at the websites of possible rival companies, see what they have to offer, search for more challenging questions. Possibly post a link to their site, maybe members here might offer you suggestions

Show a keenness, ask about training and future prospects, ask about time for prayers.

By the way what is the job?

In the spirit of striving

Eric

glo
07-04-2009, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
salaam again,

my second interview has been scheduled for tomorrow. I think the toughest questions were all asked in the first interview... u know the niggly ones where they try and trick you, but Alhamdulillah i remained calm and at the end the interviewer told me he thinks i am intelligent, friendly bubbly and bright, with good experience! so i was really pleased alhamdulillah.
Sounds like you have done well so far. I told you just to be yourself! :)

What kind of job is it, that they are interviewing on a Sunday?

Ummah
07-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Salaam again
and jazakAllah for the helpful advice :)

the job is a legal advisory role with a view to a training contract to become a solicitor inshAllah.

when he said research the website, it was more the legal content, to understand what the firm and its services are about so that we can convince a client to use the firm.

ive concentrated my research on understanding what the competitors are offering, if we cant beat their charges or services, then why we are still the best firm to instruct...i think that's the hardest thing to do so if he asks me that i should be prepared for it.

the interview is on monday....i feel like the weekend is dragging.. just want it over and done with!

Layla454
07-04-2009, 08:07 PM
:w:

Don't panic sis, if you are meant to get this job then it will happen. If not, then you move on and Allah will Give you something better insha Allah :)

liya
07-04-2009, 08:57 PM
insha allah sister may Allah make it easy for u amiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

_PakistaN_
07-05-2009, 05:58 AM
Inshallah you will do good on the interview.

Eric H
07-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Ummah;
ive concentrated my research on understanding what the competitors are offering, if we cant beat their charges or services, then why we are still the best firm to instruct...i think that's the hardest thing to do so if he asks me that i should be prepared for it.
If the question is troubling you, then you can ask him the same question, say something in your own words like….

I know I have lots to learn, but what do you offer clients to make them come to you, and keep coming back, what do you do that you think is better than your competitors, do you get many enquiries from people who have seen your website, what do they ask?

Like glo said try and be yourself, if you don’t feel right asking these kind of question then don’t ask; if you do ask, then ask them in a way that sounds right for you.

In the spirit of stepping into the unknown with God’s help

Eric

Ummah
07-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Alhamdulillah i got the job.

Allahu Akbar, so grateful to Allah swt =)

JazakAllah for all your advice bros n sisters. Whenever I have something troubling me or whenever I am in need of advice and duahs, I remember to make a thread on this forum because of the support and duahs I get...
You guys are the best =)

inshAllah I will be very successful in this job and earn it with respect so that I can make my family proud of me, and excel to a training contract to become a solicitor at this firm. =)

Najm
07-06-2009, 10:49 PM

JazakAllah for all your advice bros n sisters. Whenever I have something troubling me or whenever I am in need of advice and duahs, I remember to make a thread on this forum because of the support and duahs I get...
You guys are the best =)

inshAllah I will be very successful in this job and earn it with respect so that I can make my family proud of me, and excel to a training contract to become a solicitor at this firm. =)
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah!! Well done. InshaAllah, this will be the begining of your success!

FiAmaaniAllah

glo
07-07-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm so pleased for you, Ummah. Well done! :)

GuestFellow
07-07-2009, 12:56 PM

You guys are the best =)

Wow your becoming a solicitor!!!! That is what I want to become! BEST OF LUCK!!! To come this far must have been really tough.

Layla454
07-07-2009, 02:11 PM

You guys are the best =)

Allahu Akbar thats great news sis! I'm so happy for you! :thumbs_up

Ummah
07-07-2009, 02:49 PM
thank you for the kind words =)

GuestFellow bro are you studying law at the moment? if you ever need any help with your studies or career advice definately send me a message =)
the recession has really made it tough but inshAllah where there's a will there's a way

- IqRa -
07-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Congratulations. May Allah make this job good for ur dunya and Aakhirah, ameen.

Ummah
07-07-2009, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Congratulations. May Allah make this job good for ur dunya and Aakhirah, ameen.
Ameen

:)

aadil77
07-07-2009, 05:17 PM
mashAllah that good sis, getting job security is a huge relief

nebula
07-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Subhannallah!

Gratz on getting the job! we knew you could do it!

May Allah make everything difficult for you easy! ameen

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Masha'Allah well done sisterino :--)

GuestFellow
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
thank you for the kind words =)

GuestFellow bro are you studying law at the moment? if you ever need any help with your studies or career advice definately send me a message =)
the recession has really made it tough but inshAllah where there's a will there's a way
I am going to do the ILEX course. I am going to train to become a Legal Executive and then train to become a Solicitor. Excluding the 2 year training contract. Help and advice would be much appreciated. =)

Congrats on getting a job!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.