/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wot

جوري
07-02-2009, 07:09 PM
:sl:

WOT is a firefox tool that blocks you from going into suspicious websites..
today I was going into an Islamic website, and I noticed that WOT blocked me, I tried rating its trustworthiness when again, I saw nothing but a barrage of tasteless comments from christian fundies, against Islam. .. Are you guys aware of the multitudes of portals these man-worshipers use in fighting you, even in trying to educate the public about your religion?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
07-02-2009, 07:14 PM
If you think that's bad, never, ever, search for Islam in YouTube.

More seriously: Surely it's possible for users to reverse the trustworthiness rating? I.e. 'vote' it back into trustworthiness?

جوري
07-02-2009, 07:20 PM
I did but it didn't counteract it one vote against 12 doesn't count for much, plus for me to write something impartial I have to register which I didn't want to do, all I could do was reading their hateful Bull **** and fume..
I changed the rating on this site, if you download wot on firefox islamiboard is now fully green, it was in the yellow before...

when I visit youtube I only seek out what I want by name so thankfully I don't have to see alot of bull.. but this potentially stops people from visiting websites all together..

Muezzin
07-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Very dirty tactics by these people.

The sad thing is they are still nowhere near as dirty as those being employed against Muhammad (SAW) in his time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-02-2009, 07:32 PM
^^ it is comforting to read that.. but we are not early Muslims, I am not sure we have the support of Allah swt, it is difficult for me to withstand all of this imsad

aamirsaab
07-02-2009, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
...Are you guys aware of the multitudes of portals these man-worshipers use in fighting you, even in trying to educate the public about your religion?

This is one of the dilemas I myself have and still do face I used to fight back against such idiots whenever I got the chance (youtube, facebook etc) but it has become much of a strain now. It's like putting out a forest fire with only one bucket of water.

I still get the urge to rumble with them whenever I see their rhetoric but am very reluctant to do so anymore; the claims they are making are the same ones from when the Prophet [saw] was alive and I simply don't have the energy to keep repeating myself time and time again: there's too many of them.

Plus I cannot convert people to Islam faster than others can push them away. I've tried it for 4+ years now, but people in general are losing their own fitrah: common sense and manners are being replaced with immodesty and stupidity.

It's gotten to a point where I cannot even have a rational conversation, whether I take Mr Nice guy approach or not because the mentality of my 'opponents' is that of He who shouts loudest has won the discussion'...

جوري
07-02-2009, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
This is one of the dilemas I myself have and still do face I used to fight back against such idiots whenever I got the chance (youtube, facebook etc) but it has become much of a strain now. It's like putting out a forest fire with only one bucket of water.

I still get the urge to rumble with them whenever I see their rhetoric but am very reluctant to do so anymore; the claims they are making are the same ones from when the Prophet [saw] was alive and I simply don't have the energy to keep repeating myself time and time again: there's too many of them.

Plus I cannot convert people to Islam faster than others can push them away. I've tried it for 4+ years now, but people in general are losing their own fitrah: common sense and manners are being replaced with immodesty and stupidity.

It's gotten to a point where I cannot even have a rational conversation, whether I take Mr Nice guy approach or not because the mentality of my 'opponents' is that of He who shouts loudest has won the discussion'...

I know of a few Muslims working on a webprogram that spots these hate sites and automatically reports it to al-azhar so that responses can be made, but I am not sure how successful that is, the idea behind it is a sheikh who is a graduate of both Al-Azhar and did postgraduate work Yale, but unfortunately has been struck with a very grave sickness in the prime of his life which will require an organ donation as his condition is progressive imsad-- I am not sure he has the energy or drive to go forward with anything anymore.. nonetheless, I think that with all the internet geeks we have masha'Allah, I haven't spotted as many nerdy folks with computers as I have Muslim brothers, that they can either link this stupidity directly to another site that responds or do the same thing with their websites like the answering islam bull crap, I mean we outnumber them if each one of us did something no matter how small it will count.. yes at times I feel like it is just me then I give up, but we mustn't each one of us must do something no matter how trivial it seems.

alcurad
07-02-2009, 10:12 PM
youtube does get pretty bad, I never post there. for the others, just leave a link to LI or any website you trust, otherwise I think it's a waste of time, they don't even Want to listen, rather just throw up completely incorrect/out of context stuff.
the idea you mention above is good, but websites pop up every second, It'd be pretty hard to track all of them methinks.

aamirsaab
07-03-2009, 08:14 AM
I agree we should do things to at least match them and I do still rumble with them from time to time (just nowhere near as frequently) and fully support those that are doing so but as I said before: people are losing their fitrah, so logical debates/perspectives are fast becoming useless...they only want to hate and I don't know how to fight that (and believe me I have tried many times).

As a compromise though, I try to do as much as I can on LI but that still leaves the problems of hate sites popping up (and getting scores of hits) in matters of days.

Maybe I need to do a Rocky training session (egg yolks an' all) to get me back in the zone.

Azy
07-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I had to look at this thread, for a second there I thought Skye had started spelling like a 6 year old :-[

جوري
07-03-2009, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azy
I had to look at this thread, for a second there I thought Skye had started spelling like a 6 year old :-[

It is possible, especially when I am under the influence of headache and/or allergy meds.. I wouldn't put it completely out of the question.. skye isn't ultralente :D

peace

جوري
07-03-2009, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
I agree we should do things to at least match them and I do still rumble with them from time to time (just nowhere near as frequently) and fully support those that are doing so but as I said before: people are losing their fitrah, so logical debates/perspectives are fast becoming useless...they only want to hate and I don't know how to fight that (and believe me I have tried many times).

As a compromise though, I try to do as much as I can on LI but that still leaves the problems of hate sites popping up (and getting scores of hits) in matters of days.

Maybe I need to do a Rocky training session (egg yolks an' all) to get me back in the zone.

probably the same troll scoring his own hits on his own website..
if you got a score and you are a loser you have two routes to go about it, either a blow up doll or an anti-islamic website..
the latter makes you seem more macho so you can forgo the blow up dolls and act all principled like with broads of lesser minds...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!