/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Official Ramadan Thread. Ramadan 1430 A.H/August 2009

'Abd-al Latif
07-02-2009, 11:14 PM
:salamext:

The month of Ramadan is next month.

The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe fasts that month… [al-Baqarah 2:185]

The Prophet (saaws) used to tell his Companions the good news of the onset of Ramadan, and urge them to make the most of it.

Abu Hurayrah (saaws) said: “The Messenger of Allah (saaws) said,

There has come to you Ramadan, a blessed month. Allah has made it obligatory on you to fast (this month). During it the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are locked, and the devils are chained up. In it there is a night that is better than a thousand months, and whoever is deprived of its goodness is deprived indeed. [Reported by al-Nisaa'i, 4/129; Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/490]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
07-02-2009, 11:17 PM
insh'Allah we will all benefit from this years Ramadhan and gain much more. And become better Muslims toward Allah. Ameen

Hayaa
07-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Ameen

10 great goals to set for this Ramadan

1. Eat, drink and be moderate

Almost all of us do it - once Iftar time hits, we just keep plowing food and drink into our mouths till it's hard to move afterwards. And those of us who do it know this is totally contrary to the spirit of Ramadan, through which we're supposed to learn self-control not self-indulgence. Let's try to stick to the Prophetic rule on eating: fill our stomachs with one-third food, one-third water and one-third breathing space, even in Ramadan.

2. Give a dollar a day in charity...or five or ten

The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, was always generous but even more so in Ramadan. Let's open our hearts and dig a little deeper in our wallets this year. Even less than a dollar a day adds up. Whatever you can give, it's the intention that counts.

3. Memorize 4 new Surahs

Memorizing the Quran often seems like a daunting task. But the key is doing it in small bites. Since there are four weeks in Ramadan, try to memorize one new Surah a week. Start off with a short, easy one. Once you've started, you'll build momentum and may even want to memorize a longer one the following week.

4. Go to Tarawih prayers

Post-Iftar, the first urge is to sleep after an exhausting day. But try your best to head out to the mosque for Tarawih prayers. Praying alone is wonderful, but doing it in congregation is fantastic. The community spirit is part of Ramadan's blessings. Don't miss it this year. If going every day is not possible, try going at least one week.

5. Attend the Tarawih prayer in which the recitation of the Quran will be finished

Call the local mosque and find out which day the Imam will be finishing the recitation of the Quran in prayer. Attend to not only hear part of the Quran's recitation in prayer, but also participate in the heart-rending Duas that follow it.

6. Stop swearing and/or backbiting – with a special box

It's hard not to shoot our mouths off when someone's upset us. Whether we utter those four-letter words or backbite about someone to our family and friends, we know this isn't the God-approved way of letting off steam. In Ramadan, when we want to build our spirituality, we've got to wage Jihad against our bad habits.

Try this: get a box and every time you catch yourself swearing or backbiting put some money in it. It could be a buck or less. The point is to choose an amount that makes it feel like punishment.

At the end of the month send the money to a charity or buy a gift for the person whom you've backbitten the most against.

7. Call/email your relatives

You'd think that given the easy access to email, competitive long-distance calling rates, phone cards, etc. these days, we'd keep in touch with family and friends more often. But the opposite seems to be the case, as we get caught up in life's "busyness."

Strengthening ties with family members and keeping in touch with friends is part of our way of life and an act Allah is very pleased with. This Ramadan, call family and friends or at least email them a Ramadan card and ask them how their fasting is going.

8. Go on a technology diet

Even if you work in the IT industry, you can do this. Avoid checking personal email and surfing the web during your fast. After Iftar, instead of plopping yourself in front of the screen, go to Tarawih. The same goes for the television. The point is to try to give our full attention to spiritual elevation this month.

9. Read 5 minutes of Quran a day...just five, not more, not less

Even if you feel you've got absolutely no time, set a timer or the alarm on your cell phone and find a relatively quiet place. You can read the first page of the Quran you open or follow a sequence. The choice is yours. The point is simply to connect with God through His revelation in the month of the Quran.

10. Forgive everyone who has hurt you

Still got a festering wound from the fight with your friend last year? Still upset about something your spouse said during a heated argument? Or are you still bitter about the way your parents sometimes treated you as a kid? Let go of the anger and pain this Ramadan and forgive those who have hurt you. Forgiving someone is not only good for the body, but it's also great for the soul. And in Ramadan, ten days of which are devoted to Allah's forgiveness, shouldn't we lesser beings forgive too?

If you find it very difficult to forgive everyone, forgive at least three people.

Source: Teen Islam- Yahoo Groups.

-Elle-
07-03-2009, 12:21 AM
OH!Mash'Allah!I loved that article!^^there are some good ideas in there...:D

I love the atmosphere during Ramadan, its really a beautiful thing. You truly feel that muslim "connection"...we all call each other "brother" or "sister"..but during Ramadan you kinda feel it:D..lol ok anyway,

Insh'Allah we will all live to see this year's Ramadan...and make the most out of this month:)...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
07-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Ramadan Fiqh Issues by Salim Al-Amry
Part 1
Media Tags are no longer supported
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
They can also be found on googlevideo here:
Episode 1. Rules of Fasting
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...h+issues&hl=en
Episode 2. Virtues of Qiyam
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...25389648&hl=en
Episode 3. Laylatul Qadr
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...78279952&hl=en
Episode 4. Sadaqatul Fitr
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...pisode+4&hl=en
Episode 5. Eid
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-61594473836213272&ei=0TJOSsW0E5Lr-AaJh43jCw&q=Ramadan+Fiqh+Issues+-+Episode+5&hl=en

Pk_#2
07-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Akh 'Abd Al-Latif, your Fiqh Issues dint cum up.

I cnt wait till Ramadhan! I pray that we all make it to Ramadhan and atleast to Laylat-ul-Qadr too, just think in a sec we can lose our lives, carrying with us r sins weighing heavily on the scales. :'(

Narrated Sahl (RadiAllahu Anhu): The Prophet Muhammad (salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) said, 'There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyyan, and those who observe Saum (fasts) will enter through it on the day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe Saum (fasts)?' They will get up and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it'

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RadiAllahu Anhu): All the deeds of Adams sons (people) are for them, except Saum (Fasting) which is for Me, and I will give the reward for it' There are two pleasures for the people observing fasts, one at the time of Iftar and the other at the time when he will meet his Lord, then he will be pleased because of his Saum (Fasting).

Narrated Anas Bin malik (RadiAllahu Anhu) : The Prophet Muhammad (Salalahu Alayhi Wassalam) said, 'Take suhur as there is a blessing in it'

Narrated Sahl Bin Sa'ad (RadiAllahu Anhu): Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) said, 'The people will remain on the right path as long as they hasten the iftar'
(Bukhari)

'Abd-al Latif
07-03-2009, 04:30 PM

Sorry about that. I've fixed the videos.

'Abd-al Latif
07-03-2009, 10:44 PM
The Wisdom and Benefits behind Fasting

Author: Imaam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah
Taken From his book: Zaad al-Ma'aad

The objective behind fasting is to restrain the soul from (its) desires and to prevent it from those things, which are beloved to it. And its purpose is to control the soul's strength, so that it can be prepared to attain what is found in it (the fast) from success and joy for the soul. Through the fast, one curbs his hunger and thirst and is reminded of the condition of the hungry stomachs of needy people.

Through fasting, one narrows the passages the Devil has inside the servant (of Allaah) by narrowing the passages of food and drink. Also, it prevents the forces of the limbs from getting too accustomed to things that are harmful to it in this world and the hereafter. And each of the soul's body limbs and energies can cease their rebelliousness (to Allaah) and be harnessed by its bridle.

So therefore, the fast is the bridle of those who fear and obey Allaah and the shield of those wage war (against desires). And it is a garden for the righteous and devoted servants of Allaah. And it is for the Lord of the worlds, over all other actions (done to please Allaah). This is since the person who fasts, in fact does nothing. He only abandons his desire and his food for the sake of the One whom he worships.

So fasting is an abandonment of those things that the soul loves and desires, preferring instead Allaah's love and contentment. And it is a secret kept between the servant and his Lord – no one else is aware of it.

Fasting has an amazing effect in preserving one's outer limbs and inner capacities as well as protecting the soul from being overtaken by destructive components, which can ruin and destroy it. And it has a remarkable effect in causing all the harmful things that prevent the soul from being healthy to be emptied out. So fasting guards and protects the health of the person's heart and body limbs. And it returns the soul all that the hands of the desires has taken from it. So it is from the greatest ways of improving one's Taqwaa, as Allaah says: "O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you in order that you attain Taqwaa." [Surah Al-Baqarah: 185]

The Prophet (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Fasting is a shield." And he commanded those who had intense desires for marriage but were not able to marry, to observe fasting, making it a shield against those desires (of marriage).

When the benefits of fasting are born witness to by sensible minds and upright intuitions, one will come to realize that Allaah prescribed it as a mercy for mankind, goodness to them and a protection and shield for them. The Prophet's (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) guidance concerning it was the most perfect of guidance, and the best for reaching the desired objective and the easiest on the soul.

Since restraining the soul from what it loves and desires is from the most difficult and hardest of things, its obligation was delayed until the middle of Islaam, after the Hijrah. This was at the point when the Tawheed and the Prayer had become firmly established in the souls of the Muslims and when they loved the commands of Allaah. So their souls were lead to its obligation in gradual steps. It became obligatory in the second year of Hijrah.

When the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) died, he had fasted nine Ramadaans in total. Originally, it was obligated as an option left to the people to choose whether they wanted to fast or to feed needy people for every day. Then that option was transferred into the final obligatory fasting. And the matter of feeding people was left only for the old men and women who did not have the ability to fast.

Fasting had three stages. The first stage was its being obligated with the option of fasting or feeding a needy person. In the second stage, only the fasting was allowed, but if the person fasting slept before breaking his fast, he was forbidden from eating and drinking until the following night. This was abrogated in the third stage. And this is the stage at which the Religion has settled with until the Day of Judgement.

'Abd-al Latif
07-05-2009, 07:56 AM

Please check out!

ramadaanchecklist[1].pdf

brotherubaid
07-05-2009, 10:50 AM
may Allah bless us with this ramadan , hope we all and our famlies n friends make it to ramadan n benefit from it , n may Allah make it a way for us to get closer to him n to change our ways.

I recommend We Need A ramadan By our brother Abu Uwais RahimahuLLah, the series is on youtube , Here is the link to the first part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99GEAq-6owA and InshahAlah u guys can find the rest of the parts along the video.

M.B
07-05-2009, 11:16 AM
:sl:

Brother abdul latif do you know which country sheikh salim al amry is doing the talk also when was that lecture because i've got that channel and wanted to know when it comes on. which day was the lecture.

:w:

brotherubaid
07-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Bro he is in saudi arabia as far as i know, I wasnt able to get any info on him , I will try with some students of knowldge n see if they have an idea InshahAllah.

M.B
07-05-2009, 02:56 PM

It looks like Egypt you know but if it i saudi arabia it does not really look like saudi arabia.

brotherubaid
07-07-2009, 02:12 PM
If its
عبيد بن سالم العمري

His official website seems to be this
http://www.obaidalamri.com
On the website u can see the schedule of his lessons

He is ( N Allah knows best)
معيد فى الكلية المتوسطة بالمدينة النبوية وخريج الجامعة الاسلامية بالمدينة المنورة
إمام و خطيب جامع الميقات - الأستاذ المساعد بقسم الدراسات الإسلامية بكلية المعلمين بجامعة طيبة

Yanal
07-08-2009, 04:26 AM

By Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful Islam has two major holidays, Eid al-Fitr (Post-Fasting Festival) and Eid al-Adha. The word Eid itself is an Arabic word, whose root connotation is that which comes back, time after time, and rejoicing. Its particular usage in Islam, for the two major holidays, is because these two days are meant to be days of rejoicing. [1] The Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, They are days of eating, drinking, and remembrance of God. [Reported by Bukhari in his Sahih, an authoritative collection of the sayings of the Prophet.] In this same spirit, the Quran mentions that, Jesus, son of Mary, said: “O Allah, Lord of us! Send down for us a table spread with food from heaven, that it may be a feast (Eid) for us, for the first of us and for the last of us and a sign from You. Give us sustenance, for You are the Best of Sustainers.” (Quran, 5: 114) Eid al-Fitr celebrates the completion of the month of Ramadan, in which Muslims fast and increase their spiritual devotions, and is meant to be a recognition the material and spiritual favors of God to His creation. On this day, Muslims all over the world thank God for the gift of fasting, in which they avoided food, drink and intercourse from dawn to dusk, out of obedience and servitude. The Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whoever fasts the month of Ramadan out of faith, seeking its reward, shall have all their past sins forgiven.” [Also reported by Bukhari in his Sahih, and others] The many lessons in Ramadan are acted upon on this day of festivity, in order that they not be forgotten: 1. Devoting oneself to God: Muslims start the day by showering after dawn on Eid day, then go to the short Eid prayer and sermon that takes place early in the morning. 2. Recognizing one’s blessings and thanking God for them: Muslims are encouraged to wear their best clothes, give gifts (especially to children) and celebrate with family, friends, and neighbors. 3. Remembering the plight of the poor and giving in charity: On Eid day, it is especially recommended to give in charity, the best time of which is before going to the mosque or prayer hall in the morning. Here in Jordan, we gather after the Eid prayer with fellow students, greet each other, and then have a short group dhikr (remembrance of God) that is accompanied by spiritual songs. Before people part, they drink coffee and have local biscuits and sweets. In this and other ways, Muslims seek to join between worldly and spiritual celebration, for it is said, “True rejoicing is not (merely) in wearing new clothes, but in becoming true in one’s devotion to God.” As a result, it is encouraged for Muslims to fast another six days after Eid during the month of Shawwal, in order to keep alive the lessons learned during the month of Ramadan, and to become of those devoted to God. It is because of this that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said: “Whoever fasts of Ramadan then fasts six days in the month of Shawwal shall have the reward of having fasted the whole year.” (Sahih Muslim) The Prophet (Allah bless him and peace be with him) said "for every person there is a feast and this is ours"

Source:Ramadhan.co.za

Beardo
07-08-2009, 05:49 AM
Ramadhan = Taraweeh. Taraweeh = I lead. I lead = frantically nervous. That's my mathematical equation. Though, when it's over, it is depressing. :(

-----
A hafidh reflects on Taraweeh
By Hafidh Raakin Hossain & Rashad Abdullah

Just as any company or business, a Muslim also has a peak season wherein much opportunity and success lies. I completed the memorization of the Qur’an from the Institute of Knowledge in Walnut, Calif. just about five months ago and will be leading Taraweeh prayers for the first time this Ramadan.

I’ve been revising and strengthening my Qur’an, attending the morning sessions offered at the institute.

Though a lot of my pressure has been eased through the efforts of my teacher, Mufti Ridwan Ahmed, I still feel the phobia of the “stage,” or in this case, the prayer rug.

The pressure doesn’t start when the prayer begins, but rather with every step taken from the time you leave the house.

The thought of leading a congregation, both with a mix of people you know and don’t know, and those who have come from afar to listen to your recitation, does not make it any easier.

However, it’s a package deal which must be accepted, especially when leading Taraweeh for the first time.

The true honor is in the reward granted in the hereafter, but there is also a sense of pride when leading a group that ranges from all different age groups.

Being 15 and my first time, I suppose that thought occurs to me more than it would to those who are much older or experienced in years.

There is a list of preparations and precautions when taking on the responsibility of Imam.

These points start from not eating gassy or oily foods to strengthening your share of the recitation in that day’s session.

For the imams, the month of Ramadan is “samosa-less” and every free minute is the most ideal time to practice your day’s part of Taraweeh.

Sometimes when the day’s session is difficult, the leaders perform simulations either individually or with their partners and family.

As for myself, I find the individual simulations and constant recitation to be of a tremendous amount of benefit.

The main factor that had motivated me to both initiate and complete my memorization of Qur’an was the encouragement of my mother.

That encouragement had kept me steadfast to my ultimate goal alongside pursuing my secular education.

Juggling both balls was, of course, quite a project alone.

With every difficult situation comes ease, and that is a promise from Allah which I had put my trust in.

There is a saying by one of my previous scholars that one may read hours on end about a mango, but the true taste can only be experienced after physically trying that fruit.

In that very same way, one cannot imagine such a position of leading Taraweeh until they perform it in the exact scenario themselves.

Before concluding, it is my desire to mention one point on behalf of the millions of imams that will be leading this year.

When the Imam makes a mistake, it is said that it is due to the lack of concentration in the attendees.

That major point could be of much use to those who blame the imams for not practicing to their maximum ability.

I would also wish those who will be behind me this year to keep this in mind as well, so as to remain free of fault and guilt.

---

lol @ Raakin's Samosa-less addition. :laugh:

'Abd-al Latif
07-08-2009, 10:14 AM
The Muslim in Ramadaan

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Sawm (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Sawm (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allaah [i.e. to say Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar: Allaah is the Most Great)] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him.” [al-Baqarah 2:185]
This blessed month is a great opportunity for goodness, barakah (blessing), worship and obedience towards Allaah.

It is a great month, a noble season, a month in which hasanaat (rewards for good deeds) are multiplied and in which committing sayi’aat (bad deeds) is more serious than at other times. The gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are shut, and the sinners’ repentance to Allaah is accepted. It is a month whose beginning is mercy, its middle is forgiveness and its end is redemption from the Fire.

So give thanks to Him for the season of goodness and blessing that He has bestowed upon you, and for the means of bounty and various kinds of great blessings for which He has singled you out. Make the most of this blessed time by filling it with acts of worship and forsaking haraam things, so that you may attain a good life in this world and happiness after death.

For the sincere believer, every month is an occasion for worship and his whole life is spent in obeying Allaah, but in the month of Ramadaan he has even more motives to do good and his heart is even more focused on worship, and he turns even more to his Lord. By His grace, our generous Lord bestows His bounty upon the fasting believers and multiplies the reward for them on this blessed occasion, so He gives abundantly and rewards generously for righteous deeds.

Time passes quickly

Days pass so quickly, as if they were mere moments. We welcomed Ramadaan, then we bade it farewell, and only a short period of time passed and we are welcoming Ramadaan again. So we should hasten to do good deeds in this month and strive to fill it with that which Allaah is pleased with and with that which will help us on the Day when we meet Him.

How can we prepare for Ramadaan?

We can prepare for Ramadaan by taking stock of ourselves and recognizing our shortcomings in living up to the Shahaadatayn, or our shortcoming in fulfilling our duties, or our shortcomings in not keeping away from the desires and doubts that we may have fallen into…

We should set ourselves straight so that in Ramadaan we will have a higher degree of faith. For faith increases and decreases. It increases through obedience to Allaah and it decreases through disobedience and sin. The first act of obedience that a person should achieve is that of being a true slave of Allaah and believing that there is none that is rightfully worshipped except Allaah, so he directs all kinds of worship to Allaah and does not associate anyone else in worship with Him. Each of us should realize that whatever has befallen him could not have missed him, and whatever missed him could not have befallen him, and that everything happens by the will and decree of Allaah.

We should avoid everything that could undermine our commitment to the Shahaadatayn. This means keeping away from bid’ah (innovations) and things that have been introduced into the religion. We should also follow the principle of al-walaa’ wa’l-bara’ (loyalty and friendship vs. disavowal and enmity), by taking the believers as our friends and by regarding the kaafirs and hypocrites as enemies, and we should rejoice when the Muslims gain a victory over their enemies. We should follow the example of the Prophet () and his companions and adhere to the Sunnah of the Prophet () and the way of the Rightly-Guided Khulafa’ who came after him. We should love the Sunnah and love those who adhere to it and defend it, in whatever country they are and whatever colour or nationality they are.

After that we should take stock of ourselves and recognize our shortcomings in doing acts of worship such as praying in congregation, remembering Allaah (dhikr), paying attention to the rights of neighbours, relatives and the Muslims, spreading the greeting of salaam, enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, urging one another to follow the truth and be patient and steadfast in doing so, being patient in avoiding evil actions and in doing good deeds, and accepting the decree of Allaah with patience.

Then we should take stock of ourselves and our sins and our following whims and desires. We should stop ourselves from persisting in that, whether the sin is great or small, whether it is a sin of the eye, by looking at that which Allaah has forbidden; or by listening to music; or by walking to things of which Allaah does not approve; or by using one's hands to srike in a manner with which Allaah is not pleased; or by consuming things that Allaah has forbidden such as riba (usury) and bribes, or any other means of consuming people’s wealth unlawfully.

We should never forget that Allaah stretches forth His hand during the day to accept the repentance of those who sinned at night, and He stretches forth His hand at night to accept the repentance of those who sinned during the day. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-Muttaqoon (the pious).

Those who spend (in Allaah’s Cause) in prosperity and in adversity, who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allaah loves Al-Muhsinoon (the good‑doers).

And those who, when they have committed Faahishah (illegal sexual intercourse) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allaah and ask forgiveness for their sins; — and none can forgive sins but Allaah — and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.

For such, the reward is forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath (Paradise), wherein they shall abide forever. How excellent is this reward for the doers (who do righteous deeds according to Allaah’s Orders)” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:133-136]
“Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful” [al-Zumar 39:53]
“And whoever does evil or wrongs himself but afterwards seeks Allaah’s forgiveness, he will find Allaah Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful” [al-Nisa’ 4:110]
By taking stock, repenting and seeking forgiveness, this is how we should welcome Ramadaan. “The smart man is the one who takes stock of himself and strives to do that which will benefit him after death, and the helpless one is the one who follows his own whims and desires and engages in wishful thinking, (assuming that Allaah will forgive him regardless of what he does and that he does not need to strive to good deeds).”

The month of Ramadaan is the month of great gains and profits. The smart trader is the one who makes the most of special occasions to increase his profits. So make the most of this month by doing lots of acts of worship, praying a great deal, reading Qur’aan, forgiving people, being kind to others and giving charity to the poor.

In the month of Ramadaan the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are shut. The devils are put in chains and a caller cries out each night, O seeker of good, proceed, O seeker of evil, desist.

So, O slaves of Allaah, be among the people of good, following the path of your righteous forebears who were guided by the Sunnah of your Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so that we may end Ramadaan with our sins forgiven and our righteous deeds accepted.

We should note that the month of Ramadaan is the best of months.

Ibn al-Qayyim said:
Another of example of that – i.e., of the differentiation between the things that Allaah has created – is the fact that the month of Ramadaan is superior to all other months, and the last ten nights are superior to the other nights.” Zaad al-Ma’aad, 1/56
This month is superior to others in four things:

1 – In it there is the best night of the year, which is Laylat al-Qadr. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily, We have sent it (this Qur’aan) down in the Night of Al‑Qadr (Decree).

And what will make you know what the Night of Al‑Qadr (Decree) is?

The Night of Al‑Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allaah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).

Therein descend the angels and the Rooh [Jibreel (Gabriel)] by Allaah’s Permission with all Decrees,

(All that night), there is peace (and goodness from Allaah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn” [al-Qadar 97:1-5]
So worship on this night is better than worshipping for a thousand months.

2 – In this month was revealed the best of Books to the best of the Prophets (peace be upon them). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong)” [al-Baqarah 2:185]
“We sent it (this Qur’aan) down on a blessed night [(i.e. the Night of Al‑Qadr) in the month of Ramadan — the 9th month of the Islamic calendar]. Verily, We are ever warning [mankind that Our Torment will reach those who disbelieve in Our Oneness of Lordship and in Our Oneness of worship].

Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainments.

As a Command (or this Qur’aan or the Decree of every matter) from Us. Verily, We are ever sending (the Messengers)” [al-Dukhaan 44:3-5]
It was narrated by Ahmad and by al-Tabaraani in al-Mu’jam al-Kabeer that Waathilah ibn al-Asqa’ (r) said: The Messenger of Allaah () said: “The Scriptures of Ibraaheem were sent down on the first of the month of Ramadaan. The Tawraat was sent down on the sixth of Ramadaan. The Injeel was sent down on the thirteenth of Ramadaan. The Zaboor was sent down on the eighteenth of Ramadaan, and the Qur’aan was sent down on the twenty-fourth of Ramadaan. [Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 1575.]

3 – In this month the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are shut, and the devils are chained up.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Ramadan comes, the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are closed, and the devils are put in chains.” (Agreed upon).

Al-Nasaa’i narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah () said: “When Ramadaan comes, the gates of mercy are opened and the gates of Hell are shut, and the devils are put in chains.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 471.

Al-Tirmidhi, Ibn Maajah and Ibn Khuzaymah narrated in one report: “When the first night of the month of Ramadaan comes, the devils and rebellious jinn are chained up and the gates of Hell are closed, and not one gate of it is opened. The gates of Paradise are opened and not one gate of it is closed. And a caller cries out: ‘O seeker of good, proceed; O seeker of evil, desist. And Allaah has those whom He redeems from the Fire, and that happens every night.” [Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 759.]

If it is asked, how come we see many evil actions and sins committed in Ramadaan, for if the devils are chained up that would not happen?

The answer is that evil actions become less for those who observe the conditions and etiquette of fasting;

or that the ones who are chained up are some of the devils – namely the rebellious ones – not all of them;

or that what is meant is that evil is reduced in Ramadaan, which is a proven fact. If evil happens at this time, it is still less than at other times. Even if all of them (the devils) are chained up, that does not necessarily mean that no evil or sin will happen, because there are other causes of that besides the devils, such as evil souls, bad habits and the devils among mankind. Al-Fath, 4/145

4 – There are many kinds of worship in Ramadaan, some of which are not done at other times, such as fasting, praying qiyaam, feeding the poor, i’tikaaf, sadaqah, and reading Qur’aan.

I ask Allaah, the Exalted, the Almighty, to help us all to do that and to help us to fast and pray qiyaam, and to do acts of worship and to avoid doing evil. Praise be to Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds.

Islam Q&A
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/12468

'Abd-al Latif
07-09-2009, 10:50 PM

Amazing website: http://www.islamway.com/ramadan1427/

muslimah1234
07-09-2009, 11:17 PM
cant wait till ramadan this year......iA i will live to complete this years fasts! it just brings the hole of the muslim community together and increases your imaan greatly. im very grateful to allah swt for this blessed month! ameen

'Abd-al Latif
07-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Spreading the Good News of Ramadaan

AUTHOR: 'Abdullaah bin Saalih Al-Fawzaan
SOURCE: Ahaadeeth As-Siyaam: Ahkaam wa Adaab (pg. 13-15)
PRODUCED BY: Al-Ibaanah.com (Link)

Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: "Ramadaan has come to you - a blessed month. Allaah has made it obligatory on you to fast in it. During this month, the gates of heaven are open, the gates of the Hellfire are closed and the evil devils are chained. To Allaah belongs a night in it, which is better than a thousand months. Whosoever is prevented from its good, then he has been deprived." [1]

The hadeeth is a glad tiding to the righteous servants of Allaah, of the coming of the blessed month of Ramadaan. The Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) informed his Companions of its coming and it was not just a simple relaying of news. Rather, his intent was to give them the glad tidings of a magnificent time of the year, so that the righteous people who are quick to do deeds can give it its due estimate. This is because the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) explained in it (the hadeeth) what Allaah has prepared for His servants from the ways towards gaining forgiveness and His contentment - and they are many. So whoever has forgiveness escape him during the month of Ramadaan, then he has been deprived with the utmost deprivation.

From the great favors and bounties that Allaah has bestowed upon His servants is that He has prepared for them meritous occasions so that they may be of profit to those who obey Him and a race for those who rush to compete (for good deeds). These meritous occasions are times for fulfilling hopes by exerting in obedience and uplifting flaws and deficiencies through self-rectification and repentance. There is not a single occasion from these virtuous times, except that Allaah has assigned in it works of obedience, by which one may draw close to Him. And Allaah possesses the most beautiful things as gifts, which He bestows upon whomsoever He wills by His Grace and Mercy.

So the one who achieves true happiness is he who takes advantage of these virtuous months, days and hours and draws closer to His Guardian in them, by doing what is prescribed in them from acts of worship.

Thus perhaps he will be showered with one of the many blessings of those occasions and be helped by it, with an assistance that is enough to save him from the Fire and what it contains, such as its blazing heat. [2]

Being able to reach Ramadaan is itself a magnificent bounty that is bestowed on the one who reaches it and rises to its occasion, by standing in prayer during its night and fasting during its day. In it, he returns to his Protector -- from disobeying Him to obeying Him, from neglecting Him to remembering Him, from remaining distant from Him to turning towards Him in submissive repentance.

A Muslim must be conscious of this bounty and acknowledge its magnitude. For indeed, many people are prevented from fasting, either because they die before they reach it, or because they are not capable of observing it or because they oppose and turn away from it. Thus, the one who fasts must give praise to his Lord for this bounty and should welcome this month with joy and delight that a magnificent time of the year out of all the occasions for performing obedience is welcomed. He should exert himself deeply in doing good deeds. And he should invoke Allaah to grant him the ability to fast and stand in night prayer, and that He provide him with seriousness, enthusiasm, strength, and energy in that month. And that He awaken him from heedless oversleeping so that he may take advantage of these virtuous times of good.

It is unfortunate to find that many people do not know the value of this virtuous occasion, nor do they consider it to be sacred. So the month of Ramadaan no longer becomes a significant time for obedience, worship, reciting the Qur'aan, giving in charity and making remembrance of Allaah. Rather, to some people, it becomes a signifcant time to diversify their foods and drinks and to prepare different types of meals before the month begins. Some other people do not know Ramadaan except as a month of sleeplessness and constant recurring gatherings, while sleeping by day. This is to the point that some among them sleep past the time of the obligatory prayers, thus not praying them in congregation or in their proper times. Other people do not know Ramadaan except as a signifcant time for conducting worldly affairs, not as a significant time for conducting affairs for the Hereafter. Thus, they work busily in it, buying and selling, and they stay in the market areas, consequently abandoning the masaajid. And when they do pray with the people, they do so in such a hurried manner. This is because they find their pleasure in the market places. This is the extent that the notions and views (of Ramadaan) have been changed.

Some of the Salaf used to say: "Indeed Allaah, the Most High, has made the month of Ramadaan as a competition for His creatures, in which they may race with one another to His pleasure, by obeying Him. Thus, one group comes first and so they prosper and another group comes last and so they fail." [3]

Also, the individual does not know if this is perhaps the last Ramadaan he will ever see in his life, if he completes it. How many men, women and children have fasted with us the past year, and yet now they lie buried in the depths of the earth, relying on their good deeds. And they expected to fast many more Ramadaans. Likewise, we too shall all follow their path. Therefore, it is upon the Muslim to rejoice at this magnificent occasion for worship. And he should not renounce it, but instead busy himself with what will benefit him and what will cause its effect to remain. For what else is it, except numbered days, which are fasted in succession and which finish rapidly.

May Allaah make us, as well as you, from among those who are foremost in attaining good deeds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footnotes:

[1] This hadeeth is reported by Ahmad and An-Nasaa'ee. See Ahmad Shaakir's checking of the Musnad (no. 7148) and Saheeh at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb of al-Albaanee (1490) as well as Tamaam-ul-Mannah (395)

[2] These are the words of Ibn Rajab in Lataa'if-ul-Ma'aarif: pg. 8

[3] Lataa'if-ul-Ma'aarif of Ibn Rajab: page 246

'Abd-al Latif
07-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Toward an Outstanding Ramadan

By Muhammad al-Shareef. "O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, as it was prescribed upon those before you in order that you may attain taqwaa [in general, it means 'God consciousness,' 'God awareness,' 'fear of God,' and so on]." [Soorah al-Baqarah (2):183]

'Abd-al Latif
07-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Reaping the benefits of Ramadan

Dr. Ali Al-Timimi

Adopted from a lecture

In the month of Ramadaan it is very important that we spent a few moments to understand some of the wisdoms and lessons that we can learn from this month of fasting.

Unfortunately, many Muslims come in to this month and they are as a companion of the Prophet, peace be upon him, said: "Let it not be that the day that you fast and the day that you break fast be equal." Meaning, one's behaviour, attitude and outlook are the same whether one fasts or not, i.e. fasting has no effect upon that person. This is why we need to reflect on some of these lessons.

LESSON 1: Gaining Taqwaa

Allaah legislated fasting for gaining taqwaa, "O you who believe, fasting has been prescribed upon you as it has been prescribed upon those before you, so that you may attain taqwaa." (meaning of SoraatulBaqarah (2):183) Taqwaa in this case means to make a shield between oneself and Allaah’s anger and Hellfire. So we should ask ourselves, when we break our fasts, ‘Has this fasting day made us fear Allaah more? Has it resulted that we want to protect ourselves from the hellfire or not?

LESSON 2: Drawing closer to Allaah

This is achieved by reciting and reflecting on Al-Qur’aan during night and day, attending the taraaweeh prayers, remembering Allaah, sitting in circles of knowledge and, for those who can, making `umrah. Also for those who can, making I`tikaaf (seclusion) in the last ten nights of Ramadaan, so as to leave all worldly pursuits and seclude oneself in a masjid just thinking of Allaah, so as to bring oneself closer to Allaah (SWT). When one sins, one feels distant from Allaah. That is why one might find it heard to read the Qur’aan and come to the masjid. However, the obedient worshipper feels closer to Allaah and wants to worship Allaah more, because he is not shy from his sins.

LESSON 3: Acquiring patience and strong will

Allaah has mentioned patience more than seventy times in the Qur’aan and has commanded patience in more than sixteen ways in His Book. So when one fasts, and gives up one’s food and drink, and one’s marital sexual relations for those hours, one learns restraint and patience. This Ummah needs man and women that are strong willed, who can stand upon the Sunnah and the Book of Allah and not waver in front of the enemies of Allaah. We do not need emotional people, who just raise slogans and shout, but when the time comes to stand upon something firm, they cannot do so, they waver.

LESSON 4: Striving for Ihsaan (righteousness and sincerity) and staying away from riyaa’ (showing off)

Ihsaan means to worship Allaah as if one seeks Him, and even though one does not see Him, He sees all. Hasan al-Basree said, "By Allaah, in the last twenty years, I have not said a word or taken something with my hand or refrained to take something with my hand or stepped forth or stepped back, except that I have thought before I have done any action, ‘Does Allaah love this action? Is Allaah pleased with this action?' So when one is fasting, one should gain this quality of watching oneself and also staying away from riyaa’ (showing off). That is why Allah said in a hadeeth qudsee, "Fasting is for Me and I reward it." (al-Bukhaaree) Allaah singles out fasting from all other types of worship saying, "Fasting is for Me", because no one knows whether you are fasting or not, except Allaah. For example, when one is praying or giving charity or making tawaaaf, one can be seen by the people, so one might do the action seeking the praise of the people. Sufyaan ath-Thawree used to spend the nights and the days crying and the people used to ask him, "Why do you cry, is it due to the fear of Allaah? He said, ‘No.’ They said, "Is it due to the fear of the Hellfire?" He said, ‘No. It is not the fear of Hellfire that makes me cry, what makes me cry is that I have been worshipping Allaah all these years and doing scholarly teaching, and I am not certain that my intentions are purely for Allaah.’"

LESSON 5: Refinement of manners, especially those related totruthfulness and discharging trusts.

The Prophet (may Allaah send His blessing and peace upon him) said, "Whoever does not abandon falsehood in word and action, then Allaah (SWT) has no need that he should heave his food and drink." (al-Bukhaaree) What we learn from this, is that we must pay attention to the purification of our manners. The Prophet (may Allaah send His blessing and peace upon him) said, "was sent to perfect good manners." (Maalik) So we must check ourselves, are we following the behaviour of the Prophet (may Allaah send His blessing and peace upon him)? For example: Do we give salaam to those we don’t know and those we do know? Do we follow the manners of Islaam, by telling the truth and only telling the truth? Are we sincere? Are we merciful to the creation?

LESSON 6: Recognizing that one can change for the better

The Prophet (may Allaah send His blessing and peace upon him) said, "Every son of Adam sins and the best of the sinners are those *****pent." (Ibn Maajah) Allaah provides many opportunities to repent to Him and seek His forgiveness. If one was disobedient they can become obedient.

LESSON 7: Being more charitable

Ibn `Abaas said, "The Prophet (may Allaah send His blessing and peace upon him) was the most charitable amongst the people, and he used to be more so in the month of Ramadaan when Jibreel used to meet him on every night of Ramadaan till the end of the month…" (al-Bukhaaree) The Prophet (may Allaah send His blessing and peace upon him) said, "He who gives food for a fasting person to break his fast, he will receive the same reward as him, without nothing being reduced from the fasting person’s reward." (at-Tirmidhee)

LESSON 8: Sensing the unity of the Muslims

The Prophet (may Allaah send His blessing and peace upon him) said, "…Those of you who will live after me will see many differences. Then you must cling to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided khaleefahs. Hold fast to it and stick to it." (Aboo Daawood) In this month we sense that there is a possibility for unity, because we all fast together, we break fast together, we all worship Allah together, and we pray Salaatul-`Eid together. Therefore we sense that the unity of Muslims is possible. It is possible for Muslims to be a single body, but this will only be achieved when obedience is only to Allaah and His Messenger.

LESSON 9: Learning discipline

The Prophet (ma Allaah send His blessing and peace upon him) made us adhere to discipline and strictness, strictness that does not lead to fanaticism or going outside the bounds that Allaah has laid down. One cannot knowingly break the fast before the sunset, as this will not be accepted by Allaah. Muslims should learn to be very strict in their lives, because they are people of an important message, which they mold their lives around.

LESSON 10: Teaching the young to worship Allaah

It was the practice of the people of Madeenah, that during the fast of `Aashooraa (which is now a recommended fast of one day) to get their children to fast with them. When the children would cry of hunger and thirst, their parents would distract their attention by giving them some sort of toy to play with. The children would break their fast with their parents. (as mentioned in al-Bukhaaree).

So the young should be brought to the masjid and they should pray with their parents, so that they are able to get into the habit of becoming worshippers of Allaah. If one does not encourage children to fast when they are young, they will find it very difficult to fast for thirty days at the age of puberty. This is why the Prophet (may Allah send His blessing and peace upon him) said, "Command your children to pray at the age of seven and beat them at the age of ten (if they do not pray." (Haakim)

LESSON 11: Caring for one’s health

Fasting has many medical benefits and it teaches Muslims to take care of their health and too build strong bodies. The Prophet (may Allaah send His blessing and peace upon him) said, "A strong believer is better and is more beloved to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in everyone." (Muslim)

http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=142

Tony
07-20-2009, 10:46 PM
I have just learned from a scholar on Peace tv that there is Sunnah to fast a further 6 days (non work days) after Ramadan, it is apparently equivelant to fasting a whole year. Can someone please post any hadith related to this. Many thanks in advance, peace

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Concerns of the Islamic Scholar During Month of Ramadan

http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=515

Shaykh `Aa'id Abdullah al-Qarnee
Thirty Lessons for those who Fast
© 1999 Message of Islam

Allah Almighty declares in the Quran: 'Verily, [O you who believe in Me,] this community of yours is one single community, since I am the Sustainer of you all: worship, then Me [alone]' (21:92).

He further explains: 'All believers are but brethren' (49:10).

As for the Prophet sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, he clarified the nature of the relationship between Muslims in this famous hadith: 'The example of the Muslims in their love and mercy for each other is like the body. If one part is afflicted, all the other parts rally to its aid with fever and sleeplessness.'

Today Muslims pass this month of Ramadan in transgression and crises.

Capitalism is rife with greed. It directs its hostility against the Islamic world with intellectual onslaughts. The foremost means toward this is through women, wine and other enticements, distractions, luxuries and unlawful amusements.

Secularism calls for the separation between the religion and worldly affairs. It seeks to oust Islam from life's stage on the pretext that religion distinguishes between people. In effect, secularism is an atheist ideology that disregards all religions and, therefore, excludes Islam in its entirety from playing any role in human life.

Freemasonry, the Jewish creation, has come to destroy religions including Islam. On the surface it appears to be calling for the unity of all people. It has its own means, taboos, emblems and cliques. It operates in secret, has world-wide influence and springs from Zionist origins.

Hence today the Islamic nation suffers from intense wounds:

Palestine has been stolen from it, Al Aqsa mosque remains a hostage while old men, women and children are slaughtered morning and evening. Yet, Palestine will never be returned to the Muslim lands except by an Islam with the rage of Umar ibn al Khattab, the boldness of Salah al Din and the sincerity of Ibn Taymiya.

The Muslim woman is fought against because of her covering, modesty, purity and religion.

Our young men are seduced by destructive means, satanic enticements and sensual delights.

Evangelism is penetrating the Islamic world from all four directions.

Divisions and schisms are widespread among Muslims except those whom Allah has shielded.

In the circumstances, what is required is that the Muslim should live for these great issues with his sentiments, wealth and prayers. He should strive to increase awareness among his Muslim brothers of these dangers. The Muslim should work relentlessly to bring about unity within the ranks of his own community. More importantly, the Islamic nation must avoid disputes and internal wrangling that only cause failure; particularly when the news of these calamities that afflict the Islamic world are exposed and become the issues of the day. As a result, no Muslim should despise himself because in every Muslim there is good.

Indeed, every Muslim is expected to struggle if he or she is able and to stop making excuses. They must strive with their persons and their wealth. If not, with their wealth and the support of others who spend of their wealth to advance the cause of Islam. They should, at the end of each prayer, in the early hours of the morning, and other times when prayers are answered, implore Allah to establish and grant victory to the Muslims. We must, moreover, all call upon Allah to increase us in piety and God-consciousness because the disasters and calamities that have befallen us are all on account of our sins and shortcomings. 'And do you, now that a calamity has befallen you after you had inflicted twice as much [on your foes], ask yourselves,

"How has this come about?" Say: "It has come from your own selves"' (3:165).

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2009, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
I have just learned from a scholar on Peace tv that there is Sunnah to fast a further 6 days (non work days) after Ramadan, it is apparently equivelant to fasting a whole year. Can someone please post any hadith related to this. Many thanks in advance, peace

From islamqa.com:

The virtue of fasting six days of Shawwaal

Q.What is the ruling on fasting six days of Shawwaal? Is it waajib (obligatory)?

A.Praise be to Allaah.

Fasting six days of Shawwaal after the obligatory fast of Ramadaan is Sunnah Mustahabbah, not waajib. It is recommended for the Muslim to fast six days of Shawwaal, and in this there is great virtue and an immense reward. Whoever fasts these six days will have recorded for him a reward as if he had fasted a whole year, as was reported in a saheeh hadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Abu Ayyoob (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadaan and follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.” (Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained this when he said: “Whoever fasts for six days after (Eid) al-Fitr has completed the year: (whoever does a good deed (hasanah) will have ten hasanah like it).” According to another report: “Allaah has made for each hasanah ten like it, so a month is like fasting ten months, and fasting six days completes the year.” (al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah. See also Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1/421). It was also narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah with the wording: “Fasting for the month of Ramadaan brings the reward of ten like it, and fasting for six days brings the reward of two months, and that is the fasting of the whole year.”

The Hanbali and Shaafa’i fuqaha’ explained that fasting six days of Shawwaal after fasting Ramadaan makes it as if one has fasted for an entire year of obligatory fasts, because the multiplication of the reward applies even to naafil fasts, because each hasanah brings the reward of ten like it.

Another of the important benefits of fasting six days of Shawwaal is that is makes up for any shortfall in a person's obligatory Ramadaan fasts, because no one is free of shortcomings or sins that have a negative effect on his fasting. On the Day of Resurrection, some of his naafil deeds will be taken to make up the shortcomings in his obligatory deeds, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first thing for which people will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be their salaah (prayer). Our Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, will say to His angels – although He knows best – ‘Look at the salaah of My slave, whether it is complete or incomplete.’ If it is perfect, it will be recorded as perfect, and if something is lacking, He will say, ‘Look and see whether My slave did any voluntary (naafil) prayers.’ If he did some voluntary prayers, [Allaah] will say, Complete the obligatory actions of My slave from his voluntary actions.’ Then all his actions will be dealt with in a similar manner.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/7859

Tony
07-20-2009, 10:58 PM
^^ Thanks brother, A very fast reply indeed. It appears from your answer that I should get my Namaz checked by someone who can help also, many many thanks and peace and blessings of Allah be upon you, Ameen

brotherubaid
07-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Abu Hurayrah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa
sallam) said:

“Ramadan has come to you - a blessed month. Allaah has made obligatory upon
you its fasting. In it, the gates of heaven are open, the gates of the Hellfire are
closed and the evil devils are chained. To Allaah belongs a night in it, which is
better than a thousand months. Whosoever is prevented from its good, then he
has been deprived.” (Ahmed & an-Nasaa’ee)

The hadeeth is a glad tiding to the righteous servants of Allaah, of the coming of
the blessed month of Ramadan. The Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)
informed his companions of its coming and it was not just a simple relaying of
news. Rather, his intent was to give them the glad tidings of a magnificent time
of the year, so that the righteous people who are quick to do deeds can give it its
due estimate. This is because the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)
explained in it (the hadeeth) what Allaah has prepared for His servants from the
ways towards gaining forgiveness and His contentment - and there are many
ways. So whosoever has forgiveness escaped from him during the month of
Ramadan, then he has been deprived with the utmost deprivation.

From the great favours and bounties that Allaah has bestowed upon His servants
is that He has prepared for them meritous occasions so that they may be of profit
for those who obey Him and a race for those who rush to compete (for good
deeds). These meritous occasions are times for fulfilling hopes by exerting in
obedience and uplifting flaws and deficiencies by self-rectification and repentance.

There is not a single occasion from these virtuous times, except that Allaah has
assigned in it works of obedience, by which one may draw close to Him. And
Allaah possesses the most beautiful things as gifts, which He bestows upon
whomsoever He wills by His Grace and Mercy.

So the one who achieves true happiness is he who takes advantage of these
virtuous months, days and hours and draws closer to His Guardian in them, by
doing what is prescribed in them from the acts of obedience.

Thus perhaps he will be showered with one of the many blessings of those
occasions and be helped by it, with an assistance that saves him from the Fire
and what it contains, such as its blazing heat. (These are the words of Ibn Rajab
in Lataa’if-ul-Ma’aarif)

Being able to reach Ramadan is a magnificent bounty in itself, bestowed upon the
one who reaches it and rises to its occasion, by standing in prayer during its night
and fasting during its day. In it, he returns to his Protector - from disobeying
Him to obeying Him, from neglecting Him to remembering Him, from remaining
distant from Him to turning towards Him in submissive repentance.

Some of the Salaf used to say:

“Indeed Allaah, the Most High, has made the month of Ramadan as a competition

for His creatures, in which they may race with one another to His pleasure, by
obeying Him. Thus, one group comes first and so they prosper and another
group comes last and so they fail.” (Lataa’if-ul-Ma’aarif of Ibn Rajab)

Also, the individual does not know if this is perhaps the last Ramadan he will ever
see in his life, if he completes it. How many men, women and children have
fasted with us the past year, and yet now they lie buried in the depths of the
earth, depending on their good deeds. And they expected to fast many more
Ramadan’s. Likewise, we too shall all follow their path.

Therefore, it is upon the Muslim to rejoice at this magnificent occasion for
obedience. And he should not renounce it, but instead busy himself with what
will benefit him and what will cause its effect to remain. For what else is it,
except numbered days, which are fasted in succession and which finish rapidly.

May Allaah make us, as well as you, from among those who are foremost in
attaining good deeds.

Spreading The Good News Of Ramadaan
Shaykh Abdullaah al-Fawzaan
Source: Ahaadeeth as-Siyaam: Ahkaam wa Adaab, Pgs. 13-15
Translator: Isma’eel Alarcon
www.calltoislam.com

brotherubaid
07-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Ramadan: The Month of Love
Abu 'Abdir-Rahman Navaid Aziz

Al hamdulillaahi rabbil ‘aalameen was salaatu was salaamu ‘ala ashrifil anbiyaai
wa al mursaleen nabeeyina Mohammad wa ‘ala aalihi wa sahbihee ajma’een.

Amma Ba'ad:

To many of you reading this the title may seem absurd, and may have even
caught you off-guard, as love generally is not associated with the month of
worship and blessing. Yet, if we were to contemplate the actions that we partake
during this blessed month we would see that the vast majority of them revolve
around love, we are often people that just fail to reflect.

The first thing that is needed to actually conceptualise where I am coming from
would be to understand what love really is, or at the very least how it is being
defined in this treatise. We all know that love has many manifestations, degrees,
and types [1]. The way a child loves his or her parents is not the same as the
way a woman may love her husband, and likewise, the way a person may love
chocolate, per se, is not the same way a person would love his or her Lord (or at
least we hope not).

However in all of these types of love there is a common and key theme, that of
sacrifice and fulfilment. The more we love something, the more we are willing to
sacrifice for it, and the more we will strive to fulfil the every command and wish
of our beloved. This should not be misunderstood as sacrifice and fulfilment
being the only components of love, but rather they are from amongst the
essential components that make up love, along with longing and cherishing. And
this is why we should see that love, along with hope and fear, is a pillar of our
worship [2].

Our worship will not be complete or acceptable until it encompasses the right
amounts of love, hope, and fear. After having comprehended this, we can see
how shirk [3] can be performed even in love [4 & 5], yet most of mankind knows
not.

If we were to take just a moment to reflect what Islaam means linguistically (let
alone conventionally), we would see that submission (the true linguistic definition
of Islaam, and not peace contrary to common belief), entails a common theme
with love and that being sacrifice. When we truly submit to Allaah we are willing
to sacrifice anything and everything for Him. This can be seen in one of the most
fundamental mottos of a Muslim:

“Say: Indeed my prayer, and my sacrifice, and my living, and my dying
are for none other than Allaah, Lord of all that exists.” [6]

So when one goes about sacrificing and fulfilling the wants of other than Allaah,
just as much or, more than what he does for Allaah then such an individual has
fallen into shirk. And if one fails to meet the necessary sacrifices and falls short
in fulfilling the required obligations then such an individual has fallen into
disbelief. It is in light of these words that we understand the verse:

“From mankind are those people who have taken andaadan (deities)
other than Allaah, they love them as they love Allaah, and those who
have Eemaan (i.e. are Muslims) are stronger in their love for Allaah.” [7]

We are now beginning to get a clearer picture of how love is associated with this
blessed month. It is a woman's love for her child and husband that will make her
wake up in the late hours of the night to prepare a nice meal for suhoor (the pre-
dawn meal). It is a man's love for his community that will drive him to take time
off of work to ensure his fellow Muslims have sufficient food for iftaar (the meal at
sunset). And it is our love for Allaah, as Muslims, which drives us to sacrifice the
two pinnacles of desire [8], food and marital relations, for no other reason than
the pleasure of our very Creator.

Our love for Allaah (glorified and praised is He) does not stop here but, rather,
merely just begins. One of the key pillars of loving Allaah lies in following the
Prophet Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) [9], and an exemplary role
model he is, as can be seen by Allaah's statement:

“Say (O Mohammad to the people): ‘If you really love Allaah, then follow
me. And He (Allaah) in return will love you, and will forgive you for you
sins, and indeed Allaah is oft-forgiving and most merciful.’ Say: ‘Obey
Allaah and the Messenger’, and if they turn away, then verily Allaah does
not love the disbelievers.” [10]

So what are some of the traditions that we have been left with to follow?

Waking up to have suhoor, even if it is something little:

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Eat suhoor for in
suhoor there is blessing.” [11]

Not delaying the iftaar:

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “The people will
remain upon goodness as long as they hasten in breaking their fasts.” [12]

Supplicating throughout the day and night, especially during iftaar time:

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Three prayers are
not rejected: the prayer of a father, the prayer of a fasting person, and the
prayer of a traveller.” [13]

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Indeed there is for
the fasting person, when he breaks his fast, a supplication which is not rejected.”
[14]

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) used to say upon
breaking his fast: “Dhahaba al-‘dhamaa’ wa abtallat al-‘urooq wa thabata al-ajr in
sha Allaah.” [15] (The thirst is gone, the veins have been moistened and the
reward is assured, if Allaah wills).

'Aa’ishah (May Allaah be pleased with her) reported that Allaah's messenger (sall-
Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) instructed her to say:

“Allaahumma innaka ‘affoowun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’foo ‘annee.” [16] (O Allaah
indeed you are one that pardons, and you love to pardon, so pardon me).

Spending the nights in prayer, as well as encouraging the family to do so:

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever stands in
prayer with the Imaam until its conclusion, will be like the one who prayed the
whole night.” [17]

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever
establishes prayers during the nights of Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping
to attain Allaah's rewards, all his past sins will be forgiven.” [18]

'Aa’ishah (May Allaah be pleased with her) narrated that the messenger of Allaah
(sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) used to spend the whole night in prayer, and used
to awake his family to do so as well. [19]

Being generous and feeding the people iftaar:

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever gives
iftaar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without detracting from the
reward of the person fasting.” [20]

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) has been described as:
“Being the most generous of people, and he was at his most generous during
Ramadan.” [21]

Staying away from all immoral acts, especially those of the tongue:

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Fasting is not
abstaining from eating and drinking alone, but it is also abstaining from vain
speech and foul language. If one of you is being cursed or annoyed, he should
say: ‘I am fasting, I am fasting’.” [22]

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Allaah does not
need the fast of the one who does not abandon falsehood in speech or in action.”
[23]

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Perhaps a fasting
person will get nothing from his fast except hunger, and perhaps the one who
stands to pray at night will get nothing from his prayer except tiredness.” [24]

Performing ‘Umrah (the minor pilgrimage):

The Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Perform ‘Umrah
when Ramadan comes, for ‘Umrah in Ramadan is equal to Hajj (in reward).” [25]

Like all things in life, this treatise has come to an end. But prior to concluding it
is only befitting that we be reminded of a plague that lies in the hearts and minds
of many Muslims today. And that is one of affirming words but not affirming their
respective meanings [26]. How often do we hear Muslims cry and shout of their
love of Allaah, yet it is a love that has no meaning as their actions show likewise.
This is something that Allaah (glorified and praised is He) warns us of Himself
when He says:

“O you who believe, why do you say that which you do not do? Most
hateful to Allaah is that you should say that which you do not do.” [27]

As Muslims we are to be people whose actions speak louder than their words. If
we truly love Allaah then we need to show it with our actions. As everyone
claims love but very few go about proving it.

Lastly, it is not hidden from anyone that indeed Ramadan is a month of blessings.
In it everything is blessed from, our food to our actions. It is in this very month
that we should plant the seeds for goodness that we hope will last us throughout
the year. It was the Prophet (Sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) who said:

“The best of deeds are the most consistent of them.” [28]

So we should always be looking for self-improvement, and enrichment, and not
just in Ramadan. At the end of the day we have enough “Ramadan Muslims”,
now we are in need of Muslims who live in Ramadan all year long.

Wallaahu ta'aalaa 'aalam.

With all the best wishes of a blessed, beneficial, benevolent, and fruitful
Ramadan,

Your Brother
By Abu 'Abdir-Rahman Navaid Aziz
Al-Madeenah an-Nabaweeyyah
The 1st of Ramadan, 1426

Footnotes:

[1] Refer to the respective chapters in Ibn Hazm's Al-Akhlaaq was-Siyar and
Tawq al-Hamaamah
[2] Refer to the respective chapters in Ibn al-Qayyim's Madaarij us-Saalikeen
[3] Directing an action, statement, or emotion, that should be specific to Allaah to
other than Allaah
[4] Refer to the respective chapters in Suleymaan ‘Abdullah's Tayseer ul-'Azeez
il-Hameed
[5] One need go no further than Browning's famous poem: “How do I love thee,
let me count the ways.”
[6] 6:162
[7] 2:165
[8] Refer to the respective chapters in Abu Haamid al-Ghazzaali's Ihyaa ‘Uloom
id-Deen
[9] The phrase “sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam” is commonly mistranslated as:
“May Allaah's peace and blessings be upon him”, where as the terms Salaah and
salaam are more encompassing in meaning than can possibly be translated, thus
it is preferred to leave it in its original Arabic. Refer to Ibn al-Qayyim's Jalaa ul-
Afhaam for further details
[10] 3:31-32
[11] Narrated by Bukhaaree & Muslim
[12] Narrated by Bukhaaree & Muslim
[13] Narrated by al-Bayhaqi (3/345) and classified as Saheeh in Silsilat ul-
Ahaadeeth as-Saheehah (#1797)
[14] Narrated by Ibn Maajah & al-Haakim
[15] Narrated by Aboo Daawood, al-Bayhaqi and classified as hasan in Irwaa ul-
Ghaleel (4/39)
[16] Narrated by Ahmed, Tirmidhee & Ibn Maajah
[17] Narrated by Tirmidhee (who graded it as Saheeh), Aboo Daawood, Nasaa’ee
& Ibn Maajah
[18] Narrated by Bukhaaree
[19] Narrated by Bukhaaree & Muslim
[20] Narrated by Tirmidhee, Ibn Maajah & Ibn Hibbaan
[21] Narrated by Bukhaaree & Muslim
[22] Narrated with this wording by Ibn Khuzaymah, Ibn Hibbaan, and al-Haakim.
The key portion of the hadeeth can also be found in Bukhaaree & Muslim
[23] Narrated by Bukhaaree
[24] Narrated by Nasaa’ee, Ibn Maajah & al-Haakim
[25] Narrated by Bukhaaree.
[26] Refer to Ahmed al-Qaadhi's Madhabu Ahli-Tafweedh
[27] 61:2-3
[28] Narrated by Tirmidhee

Na7lah
07-26-2009, 10:46 PM

Ramadan is just around the corner, so Are You Ready?

Some things to get you ready:

That which is measured improves.
A 30-Day Tarbiyah Journal designed by Muhammad Alshareef.

Download it Here

Ramadaan Checklist

How To Make This Your Best Ramadan Ever

Sheikh Waleed Basyouni
We all want to make sure we put our best effort out for Ramadan and this lecture tells you how to accomplish the goal.

2:183 O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint.

2:184 (Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (with hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will, it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.

Download the Lectures:

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9

CountdowN

25 More Days
(inshallah)

Feel Free to share any video's, pictures, articles, poems, lectures, and anything else that has anything to do with Ramadan!

Na7lah
07-26-2009, 10:53 PM

Recharge your batteries!

M.B
07-26-2009, 10:54 PM
mashallah alhamdulliah the countdown has begun inshallah we will be able to get to ramadhan.

Na7lah
07-27-2009, 03:51 PM
CountdowN

24 More Days
(inshallah)

الصيام عبادة وليس عادة

“Fasting is an act of worship and not a custom."

Nájlá
07-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Jazakiallah khayr sis. Good stuff.

But is it 24 days left? I thought it was 23 days left? :X
Time to edit my TMZ thread now... :S

Sizzlerjimer
07-27-2009, 09:02 PM
asalam u alikum wa rehamatulahi wa berkathu

my brothers and sisters ramadan is coming to us again insALLAH and those who will live to see it would be the luckiest people.Rememember PROPHET SAW said Ramadan is ALLAHS SWT month and Shabaan is my month.

Fast in shabaan as well please mondays and thursdays and 13,14,15 of shabaan or fast if you can the frist 20days.It might be hard as days are long but the reward is more insALLAH.

May ALLAH give us all the strength to fast in shabaan and ramadan. AMEEN

Jazak ALLAH

Grofica
07-27-2009, 10:30 PM
I have a question about this...(please i know this is not exact wording) I remember reading the Koran that during the time of Ramazan a person should NOT sleep all day and wake up in the evening to "skip over" the fast. that would be like the person's days and nights are backwards and it doesnt count...

My question is... I would really like to participate in Ramazan from the bottom of my heart but right now i work night shift... So for me... (if i understand correctly) I would fast during my "normal hours" or in this case at night... and after sunrise i could eat and drink respectivley... I am only confused because my shift is at night...

One there was a girl (i wont mention names) i worked with and she worked nights at the time and mentioned in passing that she had to "observe" ramazan all day and that she was so hungry but it seemed to me since she slept all day that she wasnt really changing her routine... nothing about her ramazan was different because she didnt normally eat during the day...

Can someone please clarify this for me?

Na7lah
07-28-2009, 05:17 PM
CountdowN

23 More Days
(inshallah)

The prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wassalam) said, 'None of you shall miss it (Sehri/Suhur) even if it is a sip of water since Allaah bless those who have the dawn meal' (Ahmad)

north_malaysian
07-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Yayyyyy!!!!

No countdown signature like last year?

Na7lah
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
CountdowN

22 More Days
(inshallah)

Akhi north_malaysian you can be the first with that sig :)

ducki
07-29-2009, 07:57 PM
im so excited! its going to be a bit of a challenge this year :D

Ali_008
07-30-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm just hoping that my eemaan gets the nitro boost, its desperately looking for.

Hayaa
07-31-2009, 01:39 AM

Fasting: Its Wisdom and its Benefits

| Sheikh Salman al-Oadah|

There is great wisdom in why fasting has been prescribed for us. We might only be able to appreciate a fraction of this wisdom, the rest of it being beyond the scope of our knowledge.

Fasting strengthens our devotion to Allah

Fasting brings to fore the reality of our subservience to Allah and it helps in our submission to Him. This is why fasting has been made one of the pillars of Islam, so that Islam itself is incomplete without it. Fasting conditions the worshipper upon obedience and upon carrying out his religious duties. It also reminds him that he is the servant of Allah Almighty and of no one else.

We see that Allah orders His servants to eat at certain times, so that if they were to fast at those times, they would be sinning. This is the case for the two `Îd celebrations. This is also the case for someone who fasts consecutive days without breaking his fast at night. At other times, by contrast, the worshippers are ordered to fast, so that if they were to eat at those times, they would be sinning.

We see the same thing when a pilgrim enters into the sacred state of ihrâm. While he is in that state, he is prohibited from certain things that he is commanded to do at other times. In this and many other ways, the worshipper continually reminds himself that he is the servant of Allah who complies with his Lord's command and who keeps to the limits set by his Lord.

This is a concept of great significance that if people would only realize it in their worship, their devotions would then have a far greater impact upon them. The state of a believer should be that of a dutiful sentinel standing at attention, whose hand is ever poised to action and who is ready to advance and go forth whenever he is commanded to do so.

The importance of our worshipping Allah is one of the greatest objectives behind our fasting and behind all of our acts of devotion. Unfortunately, many Muslims fall short in their appreciation of this fact. Though they adhere to the performance of these acts of worship, their devotions are bereft of spiritual meaning and consequently fail to have the desired effect of bringing about true devotion and subservience to Allah.

Fasting strengthens our fear of Allah and gives us self restraint

Fasting conditions us upon the fear of Allah. This is why Allah says: "O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, as it was prescribed for those before you, so that you may guard against evil." [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 183]

When a person fasts, whether it be a voluntary fast or an obligatory one, he is constantly reminding himself not to eat or drink. This is in spite of the fact that eating and drinking are perfectly lawful for him at other times. He abstains from these otherwise lawful acts on account of Allah's promise, in hopes of attaining Allah's reward. It naturally follows that he will abstain from sin, from those acts that are prohibited to him at all times.

A Muslim needs to understand that this is the whole idea behind fasting. How can a person abstain from food and drink – though they are lawful to him at other times – and then go on to backbite people, spread rumors, tell lies, and engage in all sorts of other sins?

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever does not leave off false speech and evil deeds, then Allah has no need of his leaving off his food and drink." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (1903)]

We know that Allah has no need for us to leave off eating and drinking in any case, even when we abstain from false words and false deeds. What this means is that fasting has not been prescribed because Allah needs us to do so, it has only been prescribed to assist us in restraining ourselves from false words and evil deeds. Therefore, if we do not abandon these things, then to what avail is our fasting?

If fasting does not awaken in us this consciousness, then it is to no purpose. We must work to cultivate this consciousness. Fasting needs to bring us to the point where we can easily give up sinful deeds like backbiting, spreading rumors, slander, licentiousness, and all ignoble, destructive traits.

Fasting builds character

Another benefit of fasting is that it develops our character by strengthening our willpower and bolstering our patience. This is why fasting is sometimes referred to as patience and Ramadan is sometimes called "the month of patience".

Allah says: "Seek help in patience and in prayer." [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 45]

Some commentators of the Qur'ân have said: "The word `patience' here refers to fasting. It means `Seek help in fasting and prayer'."

This is because fasting forces us to exercise our willpower and practice patience. Many of us need to constantly exercise our willpower to keep it strong.

There is a psychological benefit in operation here. Researchers into the causes of success say that success requires three ingredients:

1. Desire: All people wish to be strong, successful, and financially well off. Desires like these exist for everyone.

2. Strength or ability: Most people have the mental and physical wherewithal and the skills that they need to succeed if they properly put their minds to it.

3. Willpower: Strong willpower is one of the greatest reasons for success in both this world and the next.

Fasting strengthens the will and conditions a person to cope with difficulties in all aspects of his life. It helps to develop the very quality that only successful people possess, the quality of those people who can turn their desires into a reality by using skills and abilities that they have.

Fasting puts our passions and our vain desires in check

This is why the Prophet gave the following advice: "O assembly of young people, whosoever among you has the wherewithal to marry should do so, as it will help him to lower his gaze and safeguard his chastity. And whoever is unable to do so should fast, because it diminishes sexual desire." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (5066) and Sahîh Muslim (1400)]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) points out that fasting withholds a person from responding to his passions.

Some scholars have discussed this hadîth in conjunction with another, where the Prophet (peace be upon him) says: "Indeed, Satan circulates through the descendant of Adam as blood circulates through the body." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (2039) and Sahîh Muslim (2174)]

Even though the phrase "…so restrict his circulatory paths by fasting" that is sometimes quoted along with this hadîth is baseless, the fact remains that fasting does put our passions in check, and it is quite possible that one way in which it does so is by restricting Satan's ability to circulate within our persons, as stated by some scholars.

What is more likely is that fasting keeps our compulsions in check by keeping us involved in a specific act of worship. This continuous connection with an act of worship helps us to refrain from unlawful acts, including those acts, like the forbidden gaze, that incite our desires.

Fasting provides numerous and varied spiritual and physical benefits

Doctors have discussed the health benefits of fasting and how it can help us in learning to manage our diets. At times, doctors even prescribe fasting for various reasons. Without a doubt, these are at most secondary benefits of fasting. The same can be said for the physical benefits of prayer, pilgrimage, and other aspects of formal worship.

Still, the real reason that a Muslim does any of these things is for the sake of worshipping and obeying Allah. He would do so even if there were no health benefits. Indeed, were it proven to be injurious to his health, he would still do so. However, Allah never commands us to do anything that would harm us in the least except when the benefits of doing so far outweigh the harm.

Source: Teen Islam-Yahoo Groups

zakirs
07-31-2009, 06:05 AM
One there was a girl (i wont mention names) i worked with and she worked nights at the time and mentioned in passing that she had to "observe" ramazan all day and that she was so hungry but it seemed to me since she slept all day that she wasnt really changing her routine... nothing about her ramazan was different because she didnt normally eat during the day...

can u ask it in the advice form , i am too less knowledgeable to answer it .. btw yaay! to approaching ramadan

Na7lah
08-01-2009, 07:25 PM
CountdowN

19 More Days
(inshallah)

'Abd-al Latif
08-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Threads Merged

Najm
08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Ramadhan is coming so fast now, and there is so much to prepare for. This thread inshaAllah will help all of us with reminders, articles, quotes to increase our imaan and taqwa and solidify our deen......

FiAmaaniAllah

Proud of Islam
08-02-2009, 02:11 AM
Jazakom Allah Khair for this beneficial thread..

Soon insha Allah we will be in the holy & great month..

It’s great that we have a month to wash our sins & rest our souls by feeling the mercy of Allah..
It’s great that we feel the suffer of poor people & so make do’aa for them & give them alms..
It’s great when feeling that we are one Ummah fasting together & competing and encouraging each other to worship Allah..

The Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) has said: "Perhaps a person fasting will receive nothing from his fasting except hunger and thirst." [Ibn Majah, Ad-Daarimee, Ahmad, al-Baihaqi, Sahih]..
Hope we won’t be among those..
We have to protect our fasting from any obscene talk or deed..

We have to try to make our worship in each Ramadan better than the previous Ramadan, because one Ramadan will be the last one in our life..

O Allah, Allow let us live to witness the holy month of Ramadan..

----------------------------------------------------------------

Longing for the Paradise (Al-Jannah) where the endless happiness…

ansar.tajudeen
08-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Alhamdulilah nice thread...

Masha Allah:D

Omar Abdi
08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah4ever.
Ameen

10 great goals to set for this Ramadan

1. Eat, drink and be moderate

Almost all of us do it - once Iftar time hits, we just keep plowing food and drink into our mouths till it's hard to move afterwards. And those of us who do it know this is totally contrary to the spirit of Ramadan, through which we're supposed to learn self-control not self-indulgence. Let's try to stick to the Prophetic rule on eating: fill our stomachs with one-third food, one-third water and one-third breathing space, even in Ramadan.

2. Give a dollar a day in charity...or five or ten

The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, was always generous but even more so in Ramadan. Let's open our hearts and dig a little deeper in our wallets this year. Even less than a dollar a day adds up. Whatever you can give, it's the intention that counts.

3. Memorize 4 new Surahs

Memorizing the Quran often seems like a daunting task. But the key is doing it in small bites. Since there are four weeks in Ramadan, try to memorize one new Surah a week. Start off with a short, easy one. Once you've started, you'll build momentum and may even want to memorize a longer one the following week.

4. Go to Tarawih prayers

Post-Iftar, the first urge is to sleep after an exhausting day. But try your best to head out to the mosque for Tarawih prayers. Praying alone is wonderful, but doing it in congregation is fantastic. The community spirit is part of Ramadan's blessings. Don't miss it this year. If going every day is not possible, try going at least one week.

5. Attend the Tarawih prayer in which the recitation of the Quran will be finished

Call the local mosque and find out which day the Imam will be finishing the recitation of the Quran in prayer. Attend to not only hear part of the Quran's recitation in prayer, but also participate in the heart-rending Duas that follow it.

6. Stop swearing and/or backbiting – with a special box

It's hard not to shoot our mouths off when someone's upset us. Whether we utter those four-letter words or backbite about someone to our family and friends, we know this isn't the God-approved way of letting off steam. In Ramadan, when we want to build our spirituality, we've got to wage Jihad against our bad habits.

Try this: get a box and every time you catch yourself swearing or backbiting put some money in it. It could be a buck or less. The point is to choose an amount that makes it feel like punishment.

At the end of the month send the money to a charity or buy a gift for the person whom you've backbitten the most against.

7. Call/email your relatives

You'd think that given the easy access to email, competitive long-distance calling rates, phone cards, etc. these days, we'd keep in touch with family and friends more often. But the opposite seems to be the case, as we get caught up in life's "busyness."

Strengthening ties with family members and keeping in touch with friends is part of our way of life and an act Allah is very pleased with. This Ramadan, call family and friends or at least email them a Ramadan card and ask them how their fasting is going.

8. Go on a technology diet

Even if you work in the IT industry, you can do this. Avoid checking personal email and surfing the web during your fast. After Iftar, instead of plopping yourself in front of the screen, go to Tarawih. The same goes for the television. The point is to try to give our full attention to spiritual elevation this month.

9. Read 5 minutes of Quran a day...just five, not more, not less

Even if you feel you've got absolutely no time, set a timer or the alarm on your cell phone and find a relatively quiet place. You can read the first page of the Quran you open or follow a sequence. The choice is yours. The point is simply to connect with God through His revelation in the month of the Quran.

10. Forgive everyone who has hurt you

Still got a festering wound from the fight with your friend last year? Still upset about something your spouse said during a heated argument? Or are you still bitter about the way your parents sometimes treated you as a kid? Let go of the anger and pain this Ramadan and forgive those who have hurt you. Forgiving someone is not only good for the body, but it's also great for the soul. And in Ramadan, ten days of which are devoted to Allah's forgiveness, shouldn't we lesser beings forgive too?

If you find it very difficult to forgive everyone, forgive at least three people.

Source: Teen Islam- Yahoo Groups.
MashAllah,Jasakalahu kheirun ,May Allah reward you. Very good tips.
Alhamudulilah.
:wasalamex

Na7lah
08-02-2009, 08:07 PM
CountdowN

18 More Days
(inshallah)

Najm
08-05-2009, 04:39 PM

FiAmaaniAllah

BlackMamba
08-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Wow it's coming so quickly. Just 12 days after school starts is Ramadan. I think Isna says that Ramadan will begin 22nd so taraweeh in most of America is Friday night the 21st. Coming close!

Na7lah
08-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Ughh i keep forgetting to post the countdown (someone else can take the honor if you want) :p

Is it 15 Days now?

sirajstc
08-06-2009, 08:55 AM
wow grea8 jazakalla kahair

north_malaysian
08-06-2009, 09:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Wow it's coming so quickly. Just 12 days after school starts is Ramadan. I think Isna says that Ramadan will begin 22nd so taraweeh in most of America is Friday night the 21st. Coming close!
in Malaysia too... it's said that 22nd August will be the first day of fasting

sirajstc
08-07-2009, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
in Malaysia too... it's said that 22nd August will be the first day of fasting
here sri lanka 21:statisfiemay be 22

brotherubaid
08-07-2009, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
I have a question about this...(please i know this is not exact wording) I remember reading the Koran that during the time of Ramazan a person should NOT sleep all day and wake up in the evening to "skip over" the fast. that would be like the person's days and nights are backwards and it doesnt count...

My question is... I would really like to participate in Ramazan from the bottom of my heart but right now i work night shift... So for me... (if i understand correctly) I would fast during my "normal hours" or in this case at night... and after sunrise i could eat and drink respectivley... I am only confused because my shift is at night...

Assalam O Alikum Wa Rahmatul Lahi Wa barakathu

Sister what u read about not sleeping in day time to skip over that fast is mostly for those people who are not working etc , or students n all , who stay awake all night hanging out with frineds and wasting teir time , or out here in arab world the youth just play games n eat n drink n hang out all night n then sleep from sunrise after fajr all the way to opening of the fast.This behaviour is disliked and such a person does not get the fruits of fasting.

Fasting is leaving eating , drinking and marital relations during the day , untill sunset and praying at nights , and busying tyhe nights is supplications reading quran and standing up in prayer , and offcourse sleeping. So those who change their roiutines completly will not benefit from ramadan a lot.

But sister those people are an exception who work night shifts , They are not waking up at night for meaningless things and so they can sleep all day and skip over the fast , they are working. But YeS They do lose out on something very importnat , that is doing good in nights , like prayer , supplication n dua n making lots of istighfaar n repenting n reading quran etc . So such people are not exactly like the peple we discussed earlier. But those who work night shifts have to Understand these things.

1- They can sleep at day time , but they ahve to wake up for Each salah (Prayer) at its time and pray it on its time , coz fast will not benefit a person if he is not praying , leaving prayer all together , leaving some prayers or skipping prayers and not prayingt them on their time can ALL get a person out of islam n we seek refuge from Allah. SO one can work at night , sleep in day BUT has to make sure he/she wakes up for ALL prayers , Like fajr , Dhur n asr and pray them ON their TIME!! this is very importnat.

2- Such people miss out on the voluntairy acts of worship like prayers , quran n supplication n repentence , But they should try to have a time for that in their days , prefreably between the Fajr( Morning) Prayer and Dhur(Noon) prayer . The Prophet sala lahu alihiu wa sallam if missed his Voluntairy prayers at night and witr He would Pray them at thime between fajr n duhur. He sala lahu alihi wa sallam used to pray 11 units of prayer or rakats at night in ramadan n inother months 8 taraweeh n three witr and if due to some reason he could not pray them then He used to prasy 12 Rakats between fajr n duhur which is also called the DUHA time. here we also conclude that if a person prays 3 witr at night and he misses them , then in the morning he will have to PRAY 4 rakat n not THREE , as the Prophet prayed 12 instead of 11 rakats. Witr are wajib n should be made up , if a person prays one rakat he can pray 2 and if he prays 3 he can pray 4 in the morning.

3- Ramadan is like a school , lke aprogramm that prepares us for the comming year , it has great bounties n blessing , so one sleeping all day will miss a lot, but those who have to work at night are an exception InshahAllah , They shoukd try to set their annual leave according to ramadan , n take holidays if they can , but if they cannot then InshahAllah there is notthing wrong , and even if they have to sleep at day time, they should make sure they wake up fr all prayers , and They have to observe the fast during day time.

4 and Most Importnat

Even if u work at night n sleep at day , the fast is only during the day , and the Prophet has ordered to hurry up and not delay the Opening of fast in the evening , right after sunset. So one should in no way continue his fast in the evening and night because indoing so he is actually going agaist tjhe teachings of the prophet n He sala lahu alihi wa sallam said My ummah is in goodness as long as they hasten to break the fast. Or how ever he said it i dont remebr the exact words.

The fast is from WHEN THE WHIT THREAD OF DAWN (LIGHT) APPEARS TO BE DISTINCT FROM THE BLACK THREAD .. Mening when the time of fajr starts .. till sunset ... so no mater what a persons schedule is , His fast has to be from first and beginning of dawn till the sunset. In no way should fast be fasted in night coz one stays awake at night , No that is changing the religion and fast all together!! So fast is in day , i a working person has tro sleep in day time , its alright , he still has to fast in day.

Here is from surah Al baqarah verse 183 -187 it should explain what fast is , from what time to what time InshahAllah.

183. O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqûn (the pious). ... -( Fast is prescribed so we can become pious)

184. [Observing Saum (fasts)] for a fixed number of days, but if any of you is ill or on a journey, the same number (should be made up) from other days. And as for those who can fast with difficulty, (e.g. an old man, etc.), they have (a choice either to fast or) to feed a Miskîn (poor person) (for every day). But whoever does good of his own accord, it is better for him. And that you fast, it is better for you if only you know.

185. The month of Ramadân in which was revealed the Qur'ân, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadân i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Saum (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Saum (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allâh intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allâh [i.e. to say Takbîr (Allâhu-Akbar; Allâh is the Most Great) on seeing the crescent of the months of Ramadân and Shawwâl] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him.[]

186. And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.

187. It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Saum (the fasts). They are Lîbas [i.e. body cover, or screen, or Sakan, (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with her - as in Verse 7:189) Tafsir At-Tabarî], for you and you are the same for them. Allâh knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allâh has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Saum (fast) till the nightfall. And do not have sexual relations with them (your wives) while you are in I'tikâf (i.e. confining oneself in a mosque for prayers and invocations leaving the worldly activities) in the mosques. These are the limits (set) by Allâh, so approach them not. Thus does Allâh make clear His Ayât (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelations, verses, laws, legal and illegal things, Allâh's set limits, orders, etc.) to mankind that they may become Al-Muttaqûn (the pious - see V.2:2).

I hope it clears ur question , i end it by stressing that one should fast during the day , and not exceed the limits of Allah and break the fast at sunset and hurry in breaking the fast and do not delay it , coz in doing so is the good and khair as the Prophet told us sala lahu alihi wa sallam.

In no way or unde and circunstances prayer should be left , it has to be prayed at its time , those youth who sleep all day and miss all prayers , what good will fast do to u , coz this action of u is getting u out of islam , so what good fasting will do to a non muslim?? fear Allah .

Please know the importance of prayer and imp[lement it as soona s possible in ur lives , isnt it enough to know that the Prophet On his death bed was continously advusung and ordering to keep praying and never leave it besides other things like Turning graves into places of worship and always thining good of Allah.So praying is like the last will of the prophet , some of his last words were about holding on to the prayers .. subhanAllah , how could we be neglectful... read the seerah and the last days n hours of the prophet and u will realise how important prayer is.

Assalam O Alikum

Subhanak Allahuma wa bihamdika Ishabdu in la Illah illa ant Astighfiruk wa atoub ilayk

MMohammed
08-07-2009, 12:03 PM
15 day smore!
Yay!
MashaAllah.

BintAbee
08-07-2009, 02:15 PM

Here are some tips that can help in our preparation Insha Allah
Preparing the soul
• Reflect upon the arrival of Ramadan, its importance and analyze the ways in which you can make this year’s sacred month better than the previous ones.
• Recite and listen to the Qur’an a lot more than in usual days. Reflect and ponder upon its meaning.
• Read inspiring books that help you change your bad habits into good ones. Books like “The Ideal Muslim” and “The Ideal Muslimah” by Muhammad Ali Al-Hashimi are certainly helpful Insha Allah.
• Read the Prophet’s Seerah (peace be upon him) to see how he and his Companions strove to become the best of human beings.
• Clean up your daily schedule by removing unnecessary distractions such as wasting too much browsing the Internet. Create more time for worship.
• Develop a routine that you can carry into Ramadan. (For example, reciting one Juz of the Qur’an after Asr everyday.)
• Offer your prayers without delay at its earliest time.
• Note down the habitual mistakes and wrong deeds you do. Ramadan is the perfect time to work them off. It’s much easier to do this in Ramadan than in any other month.
• Keep a close check on what you say, the words you utter, and how your relationship is with your parents and other people close to you.
• Try waking up early to pray Tahajjud so it becomes a routine when Ramadan comes.

Preparing the body
• If you have the habit of eating a lot, then reduce your intake. Eat according to the Sunnah (one-third of the stomach for food, one-third for water and one-third empty).
• Cut down on your extra sleeping hours to put in more time for worship in Ramadan.
• How about quitting smoking? Isn’t this the perfect time to take the step once-and-for-all?
• Eat a healthy diet. Consume more of fresh fruits, vegetables and meat. Avoid fried and fatty food.
• Slowly decrease your daily consumption of caffeinated beverages (during the day, at least) so you do not experience headaches or lethargy while fasting in Ramadan.
• Try and go without food for six hours, at least between meals, to prepare the body metabolism to adapt to the change. You will be amazed at how versatile the body is.
• Drink more water (at least 8-10 glasses everyday) to cleanse your body of toxins and jump-start your metabolism.
• Adopt simple, easy-to-do exercises such as stretching. Take a 30 minute walk to keep your muscles tuned up (ready for the race of good deeds in Ramadan).

“And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me.” (Qur’an, 51:56) – SG

Source

aadil77
08-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I hope this year the pakistani and all other mosques start and finish ramadan and celebrate eid on the same day :hmm:

brotherubaid
08-08-2009, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I hope this year the pakistani and all other mosques start and finish ramadan and celebrate eid on the same day :hmm:
Its sad , soem one tell them this hadith

Aboo Hurayrah (radiyallaahu ’anhu) related that the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi
wa sallam) said: "Fast when they fast, end the fast when they end theirs, and sacrifice the day that they sacrifice." [Saheeh: Related by at-Tirmidthee (2/37).
Shaykh al-Albaanee authenticated it in as-Saheehah (no.224)]

Its much clearer in arabic , Basicaly means fast is one the day when u all fast n eid is the day when u all have eid, its importance canot be stressed enough , there are other hadiths also in this regard , that fast in the day when u all fast , collectively , so its very sad to see in pakistan that one city or a village is fasting n the other is not n in peshawer its eid but next town its not.. really the hadiths of beginning n ending ramadan are plenty n its sooo sad to see this

Here is a great article , i suggest every one read it , InshahAllah u guys will benefit.

Ramadaan: A Reminder of Unity

Aboo Hurayrah (radiyallaahu ’anhu) related that the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi
wa sallam) said: "Fast when they fast, end the fast when they end theirs, and sacrifice the day that they sacrifice." [Saheeh: Related by at-Tirmidthee (2/37).Shaykh al-Albaanee authenticated it in as-Saheehah (no.224)]

Al-Bayhaqee relates by way of Aboo Haneefah, who said: ’Alee Ibnul-Aqmar
related to me, from Masrooq, who said: I entered upon ’Aa‘ishah on the day of
’Arafah, so she said: "Serve Masrooq with some gruel, and make it more
sweeter." Masrooq said: Nothing prevented me from fasting this day except that I feared that it may be the day of Sacrifice. So ’Aaishah said to me: "The day of Sacrifice is when the people sacrifice, and the day of ending the fast is when the people end their fast."
This chain of narration is jayyid (good), due to what has preceded.

UNDERSTANDING THE HADEETH
Imaam at-Tirmidthee says after quoting the hadeeth: "One of the People of
Knowledge has explained this hadeeth by saying: Its meaning is to fast and end the fast along with the Jamaa'ah and the majority of people."
As-San'aanee said in Sublus-Salaam (2/72): "In this (hadeeth) is a proof that
being in agreement with the people is accepted in establishing the ’Eed, and that the individual person who believes that it is the day of ’Eed - because of sighting the moon - then it is obligatory upon him to be in agreement with the people, and that the ruling of the people - concerning the Prayer, breaking the fast, and sacrificing - is binding upon that individual."

Ibnul-Qayyim (rahimahullaah) mentioned this meaning in Tahdheebus-Sunan
(3/214), and said: "It is said: In it is a refutation of those who say that
whosoever knows the positions of the moon due to astronomical calculations,
then it is permissible for him to fast and end the fast, even if others do not know.
It is also said: 'that the individual witness who sees the moon, but the qaadee
(judge) has not accepted his testimony, then there is no fasting for him, just as there is no fasting for the people."

Abul-Hasan as-Sindee said in Haashiyah ’alaa Ibn Maajah, after mentioning the
hadeeth of Aboo Hurayrah which was related by at Tirmidthee: "And its apparent meaning is: That there is no room for individual (opinions) to enter into these affairs, nor to act individually in this. Rather, this affair goes back to the Imaam (the Leader of the Muslims) and the Jamaa’ah (united body of Muslims under the Imaam). It is obligatory upon the individuals to follow the Imaam and theJamaa’ah. From this is that if an individual sights the moon, but the qaadee rejects his witness, then the individual has no right in these matters, but rather he must follow the Jamaa’ah in this."

And this is the meaning which is evident from the hadeeth, and which is
emphasized by the fact that ’Aa‘ishah (radiyallaahu ’anhaa) used it with Masrooq when he prevented himself from fasting on the day of ’Arafah, fearing that it could be the day of Sacrifice. So she explained to him that there is no weight given to his individual opinion in this, and that he should follow the Jamaa’ah. So she said to him: "The day of Sacrifice is when the people sacrifice, and the day of ending the fast is when the people end their fast.’’

And this is what is befitting for the easy-natured and tolerant Sharee’ah
(Prescribed Islaamic law), one of the goals of which is uniting the people
together, unifying their ranks and keeping away from them all that would split
their comprehensive unity - from the individual opinions. So the Sharee’ah does not give any weight to the individual opinion in matters concerning ’ibaadah jamaa’iyyah (collective acts of worship); such as Fasting, -‘Eed, and Prayer in congregation - even if the opinion is correct, from one angle.

Do you not see that the Sahaabah (the Companions) (radiyallaahu ’anhum) used to pray behind each other? So from them were those who held the view that touching a woman, or the flowing of blood from the body invalidates the wudhoo’ (ablution), along with those who did not hold this view. From them were those who would complete the Prayer whilst travelling, whilst others shortened.
Yet these, and other such differences, did not prevent them from collectively prayin behind a single Imaam and deeming it to be acceptable.
And this is because they knew that tafarruq (splitting-up) in the Religion is more evil than having ikhtilaaf (differences) in some opinions. Indeed, the matter with one of them reached the extent that he would not even deem acceptable any opinion which differed with the great Imaam in the major gatherings; such as the gathering at Minaa (during Hajj), to the extent that he would totally abandon acting upon his opinion in that gathering - fleeing from that which could result from this evil, because of acting according to his own opinion.

Thus, Aboo Daawood relates (1/307) that ’Uthmaan (radiyallaahu ’anhu) prayed four rak’ahs at Minaa, so ’Abdullaah Ibn Mas’ood criticised him saying: "I prayed two rak’ahs with the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam), and two rak’ahs with Aboo Bakr, and two rak’ahs with ’Umar, and two rak’ahs with ’Uthmaan in the beginning of his rule, then he completed it (i.e. by praying four rak’ahs). After that the ways became divided with you all. So I hope from these four rak’ahs, that two of them would be accepted." Then Ibn Mas’ood prayed four rak’ahs. So it was said to him: You criticised ’Uthmaan, yet you prayed four? So he said:
"Differing is evil."

So those who continue splitting-up with regards to the Prayer, and who refuse to follow the local Imaams in some mosques - especially in the witr Prayer during Ramadhaan - using as proof that this is against their madhhab (school of thought), then they should reflect upon the above mentioned hadeeth and athar (narrations). Likewise, those who claim knowledge of astronomy and who, due to their opinion, fast and end their fast alone - preceding or lagging behind the majority of Muslims, not seeing any problem in doing so - should also reflect upon the previously quoted proofs.
So all of them should consider, and reflect upon the knowledge that has been
mentioned. Perhaps they will find for themselves a cure for their ignorance and self-delusion, so that they may then become a unified rank along with their Muslim brothers - for indeed the Hand of Allaah is over the Jamaa’ah.

Ramadaan: A Reminder of Unity
Shaykh Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaanee
Source: Silsilatul-Ahaadeethus-Saheehah (1/442-445), the hadeeth
authentication has been abridged and edited
www.calltoislam.com

aadil77
08-09-2009, 12:00 AM
yep in saudi its much better because the Gov't sets the day once its been agreed by the scholars

here its a nightmare, you could walk up to your friend and say eid mubarak and find out they're celebrating it the next day

transition?
08-10-2009, 11:34 PM
^^ lol. those are really awkward moments. When some people still fast O_o., you're like errmm.. so I'm gonna go ahead.. celebrate.. good luck with your fast, ukhti/akhi.

transition?
08-10-2009, 11:34 PM
RAMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAAAAAA AAAANNN

I'm waiting for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Najm
08-11-2009, 10:16 PM

Since fasting is no ordinary act of worship, the potential rewards are exceptional. The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) said :

Allah says, 'All the deeds of the son of Adam are for him: the good deeds will be multiplied ten times to seven hundred times, except fasting, which is for Me and I will reward for it accordingly. He abandons his (sexual) desire, food and drink for Me.'
[Sahih Muslim]

Are we those who are ready for the exceptional reward?

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
08-14-2009, 09:35 PM

I am in dire need of help!! How can i make this Ramadhan UNFORGETABLE????

Anybody wanna post a particular Ramadhan which was unforgetable? May help all of us increase our deeds InshaAllah!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

brotherubaid
08-15-2009, 02:12 AM
Bro ramadan is the month of Quran , Try to read lots n not just read , try to ponder over its meanings , its beautiful

Ibn Abi Mulaykah narrated:
"'Ikrimah bin Abi Jahl used to press the Mushaf to his face and cry, saying: "The Book of my Lord! The Words of my Lord!""

[Reported by 'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak in 'al-Jihad'; # 56]

Lots n lots of repentence n making istighfaar , pray at night , n seek knowledge , knowledge about this month n the bounties of this month n know what a big loser is the one who is blessed with this month yet is not forgiven,

For me one unforgetable ramadan would have to be 2006 when i prayed at the mosque where Salah Bu Khatir leads in ramadan , i got to pray behind him the whole ramadan n the way he recited quran that year was just amazing , n i had just got back from Umrah like a couple of months before ramadan , so AlhumdolILLAh i benefited a lot.

Unfortunately all the stuff of salah bu khatir like videos n audio on youtube or his complete Mushaf on the net is older , the videos are like 2005 or even 04 n the Mushaf is pretty old, last few years n specially 2006 was just amazing.

- IqRa -
08-17-2009, 10:43 AM
So when are people keeping the first fast? Ramadan Calenders must have been printed in your masjid?

samsam
08-17-2009, 06:10 PM
:sl: Yuup the mosque set the date at 22 august . Soo excited ;D :wa:

BintAbee
08-17-2009, 06:24 PM

^I can't wait either... everytime I think of Ramadhaan, I get butterflies :X

Najm
08-18-2009, 10:27 PM

Brothers and Sisters,

Remember! Ramadhan is about attaining Taqwa and not hunger!

FiAmaaniAllah

Ali_008
08-19-2009, 09:22 AM
it starts on Saturday, 3 more days to go and Muslims start behaving like Muslims and lets hope this time it doesn't end with Ramadaan.

aadil77
08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by samsam
:sl: Yuup the mosque set the date at 22 august . Soo excited ;D :wa:
saturday 22nd? Our mosque has it roughly on friday

I hope everyone starts and finishes the same time, I can't stand it here when the odd pakistani masjid does it different to everyone else

In birmingham do all the masjids start and finish on same days?

Duhaa786M
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Insha-allah we will all enjoy out ramadhaan in the right way. eeerm not sure if I'm comming here in ramadhaan, anyone else?

- IqRa -
08-19-2009, 10:27 AM
I hope it is not an issue again when we start and when we do eid. It is like that every year, may Allaah guide us all.

- IqRa -
08-19-2009, 10:42 AM
CountdowN

3 More Days
(inshallah)

- IqRa -
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
I mean 2..

Najm
08-19-2009, 07:03 PM

Brothers and Sisters!

The fasting person's dua when he breaks his fast is not reject! [Ibn Majah]

And about suhoor: None of you should miss it even if it is a sip of water since Allah and his angels bless those who have the dawn meal! [Ahmad]

So please wake up for the dawn meal to eat and makes lots of dua throughout the day. InshaAllah!

Allahumma Inni as'aluka brirahmatika al-lati wasi-at kulla shayin an tagfira li.....O Allah, i ask you by Your mercy which envelopes all things, that You forgive me. [Ibn Abi Mulaykah]

Allahumma Ameen!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

brotherubaid
08-19-2009, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
I hope it is not an issue again when we start and when we do eid. It is like that every year, may Allaah guide us all.
May Allah reward u n bless you , I believe that ramadan all over the world can n cannot start n end on the same day , no doubt coz we are supposed to start the fast by the sight of the moon n do the eid by the sight of the moon n that can differ in diffrent parts of the world , but in the same country n even the same city or neighbouring countries it has to be on the same day , subhanAllah , its crazy how one city or one neighbourhood is having eid while another is fasting , we should fear Allah , SEEK KNOWLEDGE , SEEEK knowledge , stop follwoing our desires n opinions, it is not possible that in the same country on same city we differ on eid n ramadan , we need to check ourselfes. If some one in our city or country has spotted the moon n government declared eid we should be with the jamaah.

check an article by the name of Ramadan the month of unity that i posted in this thread a few days ago or so , its important n inshahAllah u will benefut bro.

Plus u are promoting salah al haajat , but u should get the facts about it , there is no such salah proved from the prophet sala lahu alihi wa sallam n his companions n Allah knows best.

BlackMamba
08-19-2009, 08:27 PM
^come on now, this point can he argued forever. I mean the hadeeth says to sight the moon, so that's what u gotta do. If your country doesn't sight the moon but starts Ramadan, should you just abandon the hadeeth and do the wrong thing?

And also what counts as local? Like America is HUGE with 300+million people, the whole thing is not your locality. No way.

Najm
08-19-2009, 08:48 PM

Brothers and Sisters!

Please let us not concentrate on the issues of starting Ramadhan on different day. Concentrate on our unity...

Let use think about the big task ahead, the real task ahead. Think about this......

........It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There may be people who fast and get nothing from their fast except hunger, and there may be those who pray qiyaam and get nothing from their qiyaam but a sleepless night."

Do we want our fast and prayers to be accepted?

Think about this.....

.......It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ascended the minbar and said: “Ameen,ameen, ameen.” It was said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, you ascended the minbar and said, ‘Ameen, ameen, ameen.” He said: “Jibreel (peace be upon him) came to me and said: ‘If Ramadaan comes and a person is not forgiven, he will enter Hell and Allaah will cast him far away. Say Ameen.’ So I said Ameen.He said: ‘O Muhammad, if both or one of a person’s parents are alive and he does not honour them and he dies, he will enter Hell and Allaah will cast him far away. Say Ameen.’ So I said Ameen. He said: ‘If you are mentioned in a person’s presence and he does not send blessings upon you and he dies, he will enter Hell and Allaah will cast him far away. Say Ameen.’ So I said Ameen.”

We need to get our intentions right, we need to be proactive throughout the month. We are all sinful, we all need to get our sins forgiven. Come on brothers and sisters....For surely the reward will come inshaAllah

............This month inshaAllah will be the start of something unforgetable!!!!!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

- IqRa -
08-20-2009, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
May Allah reward u n bless you , I believe that ramadan all over the world can n cannot start n end on the same day , no doubt coz we are supposed to start the fast by the sight of the moon n do the eid by the sight of the moon n that can differ in diffrent parts of the world , but in the same country n even the same city or neighbouring countries it has to be on the same day , subhanAllah , its crazy how one city or one neighbourhood is having eid while another is fasting , we should fear Allah , SEEK KNOWLEDGE , SEEEK knowledge , stop follwoing our desires n opinions, it is not possible that in the same country on same city we differ on eid n ramadan , we need to check ourselfes. If some one in our city or country has spotted the moon n government declared eid we should be with the jamaah.

check an article by the name of Ramadan the month of unity that i posted in this thread a few days ago or so , its important n inshahAllah u will benefut bro.

Plus u are promoting salah al haajat , but u should get the facts about it , there is no such salah proved from the prophet sala lahu alihi wa sallam n his companions n Allah knows best.
You should know the facts about salatul hajat as well, before dissing it.

ducki
08-20-2009, 01:30 PM
ramadhan is like here! im so excited :D

Far7an
08-20-2009, 04:57 PM
As of 19:33 hours Saudi time...
al-Hamdu-Lillaahi Rabbil-'Aalameen was-Salaatu was-Salaamu 'alaa Ashrafil-Anbiyaa.e wal-Mursaleen, wa ba'd:
as-Salaam 'alaykum wa-Rahmatullaahe wa-Barakaatuhu,
Thursday 20 August 2009: As of 19:33 hours Saudi time, we are informed that the High Judiciary Council of Saudi Arabia are still meeting and have not yet issued any statement to the King's Court to inform them of the sighting of the moon of Ramadhaan. In this regard, and until we are advised otherwise, tomorrow - Friday 21 August 2009 - will be the 30th day of Sha'baan 1430AH, inshaa.-Allaah..
As soon as we receive any further information we shall inform you, inshaa.-Allaah.
Baarak-Allaahu Feekum...
Abu 'Abdullaah Mohammed Akhtar Chaudhry

http://fatwa-online.com/news/0090820_1.htm

Far7an
08-20-2009, 04:58 PM
فلكيًا.. رمضان السبت في مصر والسعودية والجمعة بليبيا وأوروبا الخميس 29 شعبان 1430 الموافق 20 أغسطس 2009

الإسلام اليوم/ القاهرة
أعلن المشروع الإسلامي لرصد الأهلة أن يوم السبت 22 أغسطس 2009 هو أول أيام شهر رمضان المبارك في معظم الدول العربية والإسلامية، مشيراً إلى ضعف احتمالية أن يكون الأحد 23 من الشهر نفسه هو غرة الشهر الكريم.
وأوضح بيان صادر عن المشروع, أنه نتيجة لاختلاف الدول الإسلامية في بداية شهر شعبان الهجري، سيتم تحري هلال شهر رمضان في العالم الإسلامي في يومين مختلفين، ففي يوم 29 شعبان (الخميس 20 أغسطس) سيتم تحري الهلال في الدول العربية عدا سلطنة عمان والمغرب وموريتانيا، فيما سيكون يوم 29 شعبان هو يوم الجمعة 21 أغسطس في دول إسلامية أخرى مثل بنجلاديش والهند وباكستان وإيران وسلطنة عمان والمغرب وموريتانيا والعديد من الدول الإفريقية الأخرى.
وأشار البيان إلى استحالة رؤية الهلال يوم الخميس 20 أغسطس في جميع مناطق العالم الإسلامي, "نظراً لغروب القمر قبل أو مع غروب الشمس، وبالتالي ينبغي أن تكمل الدول الإسلامية التي تعتمد رؤية الهلال في تحديد بدايات الشهور الهجرية شهر شعبان 30 يوماً، وأن يكون يوم السبت 22 أغسطس هو أول أيام شهر رمضان المبارك فيها".
وأما بالنسبة لرؤية الهلال يوم الجمعة فإن رؤية الهلال ممكنة بالعين المجردة بسهولة في كل من أستراليا وجنوب آسيا ووسط وجنوب إفريقيا وفي القارتين الأمريكيتين عدا الأجزاء الشمالية.
في حين أن رؤية الهلال ستكون صعبة بالعين المجردة وربما لا يرى الهلال إلا باستخدام "المرقب" في كل من وسط آسيا وشمال إفريقيا وشمال الولايات المتحدة، وستكون رؤية الهلال ممكنة بالتلسكوب فقط من شمال آسيا ووسط وجنوب أوروبا.
وعلى هذا الأساس فإن معظم الدول ستتمكن من رؤية الهلال يوم الجمعة ليكون يوم السبت هو أول أيام شهر رمضان المبارك فيها، أما بالنسبة للدول التي سيكون يوم الجمعة هو التاسع والعشرون من شهر شعبان ولن تتمكن من رؤية الهلال يوم الجمعة، فستبدأ شهر رمضان المبارك يوم الأحد، إلا أن هذه الاحتمالية ضعيفة.
واستعرض البيان البداية المتوقعة لشهر رمضان في بعض الدول الإسلامية, ففي ليبيا لا تُعتَمَد رؤية الهلال وتعتمد ليبيا شروطاً فلكية أخرى ستتحقق يوم الخميس, وعليه فهي أعلنت أن يوم الجمعة هو أول أيام شهر رمضان المبارك فيها، وبالنسبة لمصر والسعودية فهما يحاولان التوفيق بين الرؤية الشرعية والحسابات الفلكية، فإذا ما سارت هذا العام على ما جرت عليه العادة فسيبدأ شهر رمضان يوم السبت, لاستحالة رؤية الهلال يوم الخميس.
أما سلطنة عمان والمغرب وموريتانيا فحيث إن رؤية الهلال ممكنة يوم الجمعة فمن المتوقع أن تبدأ هذه الدول شهر رمضان يوم السبت، أما بالنسبة لبقية الدول الإسلامية فلا توجد قاعدة عامة يمكن الاعتماد عليها, فبعضها يقبل شهادة الشهود برؤية الهلال، ولذلك لا يمكن معرفة بدء شهر رمضان المبارك مسبقًا في هذه الدول، بحسب البيان.
وتثير عملية تحديد أول أيام شهر رمضان الجدل بين الدول الإسلامية، كما يختلف علماء الإسلام على بدايته أيضاً، فهناك جماعة من العلماء ترى أنه يجب على الدول إتباع رؤية قمرية واحدة ما دام أنها تشترك في جزء من الليل، وترى جماعة أخرى ضرورة إتباع جميع الدول الإسلامية التقويم القمري للسعودية، بينما تعتقد جماعة ثالثة أنه يجب أن تتم رؤية هلال رمضان في كل بلد على حدة.
يذكر أن المشيخات الإسلامية في تركيا ودول البلقان (كوسوفا، ومقدونيا، ورومانيا، والبوسنة، وصربيا، وبلغاريا، والجبل الأسود، وألبانيا) أعلنت أن أول أيام شهر رمضان سيوافق الجمعة 21 أغسطس الحالي طبقاً للحسابات الفلكية التي تعتمد عليها هذه المنطقة في تحديد تواريخ المناسبات الدينية، وليس على رؤية الهلال.
كما أصدر المجلس الأوروبي للإفتاء والبحوث بياناً حول رؤية هلال شهر رمضان اختتمه بقوله: إن أول أيام شهر رمضان المبارك لعام 1430هـ سيكون بإذن الله تعالى يوم الجمعة الموافق 21 أغسطس 2009م.

brotherubaid
08-21-2009, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
^come on now, this point can he argued forever. I mean the hadeeth says to sight the moon, so that's what u gotta do. If your country doesn't sight the moon but starts Ramadan, should you just abandon the hadeeth and do the wrong thing?

And also what counts as local? Like America is HUGE with 300+million people, the whole thing is not your locality. No way.
Yes bro its is about sighting the moon , we are to start the fast to the sight of it n end the fast to the sight of it , so if its not sighted we complete 30 days of shabaan , what o was trying to say is that if it was sighted in chicago n not sighted in detriot , then shouldnt the brothers in detroit belive in the testimony of brothers in chicago n fast , coz the moon has been sighted , not each n ever person , n each n every block n county has to sight a moon for itself , if the next county has sighted then you fast with them n not break rhe unity just coz u did not sight it YOURSELF!!!

It offcourse differs in places far away n situated in diffrent regions , i was only talking about places close to getehr like UAE n Oman or saudi n kuwait , Not saying that if it was sighted in saudi the whole world should fast , but if your neighbouring city or even country is fasting may be u should fast with them. Coz its sad how in one masjid we have fast n other are not fasting n they could even be in the same neighbourhood.

salam

brotherubaid
08-21-2009, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
You should know the facts about salatul hajat as well, before dissing it.
Astaghfirullah , "DISSING?" i did not diss, subhanAllah , n if it is an innovation then it does have to be refuted. Brother do forgive me if my post hurt u in any way u are my muslim brother. Please know one thing that the truth hurts , n this mater is deen , know that the deen is " Qaal Allah "(Allah said) N "Qaal Al Rasool" (The messeneer sala alhu alihi wa sallam said) This is what we should stand up for n live for strive for.

Yes a muslim when does has a need should ask Allah, no doubt but as far as naming a salah salah al Haajah n prescribing a special duaa n even certain dua n certain verses from the quran to recite in the first n second rakat then this is a bidah!

Please do read this

Salaat al-Haajah
My question has to do with praying to allah for a need. I know it is called satatul hajah. How many times does a person have to pray it and when should it be prayed. Is it right to pray it at the times when duaas are most likely to be answered

Praise be to Allaah.

It is prescribed for the Muslim to worship Allaah in the ways that He has prescribed in His Book, and in the ways that have been proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The principle concerning matters of worship is tawqeef [i.e., following what is in the Qur’aan and saheeh Sunnah; with no room for individual opinion]. And we cannot say that any act of worship is prescribed unless there is saheeh evidence.

The so-called Salaat al-Haajah was narrated in da’eef (weak) or munkar (denounced) ahaadeeth – as far as we know – which cannot be used as proof and which are not fit to base acts of worship on.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 8/162

The hadeeth narrated concerning Salaat al-Haajah says:

“From ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Abi Awfa al-Aslami, who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out to us and said: ‘Whoever has need of something from Allaah or any one of His creation, let him do wudoo’ and pray two rak’ahs, then let him say, “There is no god but Allaah, the Forbearing, the Most Generous. Glory be to Allaah, Lord of the mighty Throne. Praise be to Allaah the Lord of the Worlds. O Allaah, I ask You for Your mercy and forgiveness and I ask You for all good things and for safety from all sins. I ask You not to leave any sin without forgiving it, or any distress without relieving it, or any need which it pleases You to fulfil without fulfilling it for me.” Then let him ask Allaah for whatever matter of this world or the Hereafter that he wishes, for it will be fulfilled.”

(Narrated by Ibn Maajah, Iqaamat al-Salaah wa’l-Sunnah, 1374)

Al-Tirmdihi said: this is a ghareeb [strange] hadeeth, and concerning its isnaad it was said: Faa’id ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan is weak in hadeeth.

Al-Albaani said: rather it is da’eef jiddan (very weak). Al-Haakim said: mawdoo’ (fabricated) ahaadeeth were narrated from Abu Awfa.

Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, vol. 1, p. 417

The author of al-Sunan wa’l-Mubtada’aat said, after mentioning what al-Tirmidhi said concerning Faa’id ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan: Ahmad said he is matrook (left, i.e., his hadeeth is not to be accepted), and Ibn al-‘Arabi described him as da’eef (weak).

And he said: You know what is said concerning this hadeeth. It is better and more perfect and safer for you to make du’aa’ to Allaah in the depths of the night and between the adhaan and iqaamah and at the end of every prayer before the tasleem; and on Fridays, for then there are times when du’aa’ is answered; and when breaking one’s fast. For your Lord says (interpretation of the meanings):

‘Invoke Me [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation)’[Fussilat 40:60]

‘And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor)’[al-Baqarah 2:186]

‘And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allaah, so call on Him by them’[al-A’raaf 7:180].” al-Sunan wa’l-Mubtada’aat by al-Shuqayri, p. 124

والله الموفق

so InshahAlllah if u really have a Haajah/need try to wake up in the last third of the night when Allah descends n Ask is there any one who has a a need so he may ask n i fulfill it?? or other times proved from the AUTHENTIC sunnah to be the times when prayers are answered.

Najm
08-21-2009, 08:09 PM

Brothers and Sisters!

Ramadhan is upon us! Here are some quick reminders.....

1) Check you INTENTION. The reward shall be yours, and to make good intentions wont harm anyone.

2) Have Taqwa....

To show its imporatance, its mentions in the Quran 251 times!!!....

"Taqwa is that people do not find fault in your speech and the angels do not find fault in your actions whilst the angels of the throne see no fault in your inner motives." (Ibrahim ibn Adham)

3) Refrain from those acts that which invalidate the fast .i.e..

"Whoever does not stop speaking falsehood and acting in accordance with it, Allah has no need of him giving up his food and drink. (Bukhari)

Finally brothers and sisters. Ramadhan is the most blessed month, lets make the most of it. AND lets take something from it.

O Allah, I pray that we all become better Muslims, not just for this month but for the rest of our lives. InshaAllah!!. Ameen!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Omar Abdi
08-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Ramadan Kareem to you All,
Allhamdullilah , we have reached Ramadan in god will.
Now lets not forget Taraweeh
:wasalamex

>Taalib<
08-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Asalamu alaykum. Yes ramdhan is here and its the 1st day of fasting today. So lets not forget the hadith which forbids us from arguing n fighting n lets use this thread to encourage one another to take maximum benefit from this blessed month.

Tony
08-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Ameen to brother Najm's dua.
Allah guide us and protect us through this blessed month, help us become the Muslims we would like to be, forgive us our shortcomings and help us to forgive the shortcomings of others. May Allah bring peace to the people of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) Ameen

GuestFellow
08-22-2009, 01:20 PM
I feel so relaxed when I'm fasting.... o_o

In the morning I'm usually grumpy but not when I'm fasting.

Najm
08-22-2009, 06:57 PM

Brothers and Sisters!

Our first Iftar is upon us....

1) Please remember to make dua before you break your fast.

2) Break you fast as soon as possible...

"The Deen will not cease to be uppermost as long as the people hasten to break the fast, since the Jews and the Christians delay it." [Abu Daawood]

3) Have dates to break your fast with freash dates or older dates, if not water.....

Anas Ibn Maalik said: "The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) used to break his fast with fresh dates before he prayed. If he did not find fresh dates then he would use dried dates. If he did not find that also he drank a few sips of water. [Ahmad and Abu Dawood]

4) Do not eat and drink excessively.

5) Remember Allah, and all the provision he as provided. Alhamdulliah

May Allah accept our fasts and forgive our sins. Allahumma Ameen!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
08-23-2009, 08:32 PM

Brothers and Sisters!

Excellent lecture, and indeed recommend for all of us!...

http://www.halaltube.com/how-to-make...r-best-ramadan

Please keep me and our ummah in your prayers

FiAmaaniAllah

Bub
08-23-2009, 09:11 PM
thanks bro for sharing! a sis or bro gave me a website is here, http://healthyramadan.x-plain.com/HEDR/default.html

Tony
08-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Did my first Taraweeh prayers ever last night, got to 10th Rakaat and cried at asking for blessings for Rasulullah (pbuh), cried through the next Rakaat. Awesome, Alhamdulillah never felt like that b4, ever:)

>Taalib<
08-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Masha'Allah at bro Tony. It shows ur sincerity in salaah. May Allah grant us all. Alhamdulillah taraweeh goin wel 4 me also.

Tony
08-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Volume 3, Book 32, Number 226:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying regarding Ramadan, "Whoever prayed at night in it (the month of Ramadan) out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven."

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 120:
Narrated Sahl:

The Prophet said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it."

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 476:
Narrated Ibn Umar:

The Prophet said, "The keys of the unseen are five and none knows them but Allah: (1) None knows what is in the womb, but Allah: (2) None knows what will happen tomorrow, but Allah; (3) None knows when it will rain, but Allah; (4) None knows where he will die, but Allah (knows that); (5) and none knows when the Hour will be established, but Allah."

Volume 9, Book 92, Number 379:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "There was no prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I was given was the Divine Inspiration which Allah revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other prophet on the Day of Resurrection."

May Allah make us steadfast and focussed on the gates of Jannah, Ameen

Najm
08-24-2009, 05:04 PM

Did my first Taraweeh prayers ever last night, got to 10th Rakaat and cried at asking for blessings for Rasulullah (pbuh), cried through the next Rakaat. Awesome, Alhamdulillah never felt like that b4, ever:)
SubhaanAllah! SubhaanAllah!!!:statisfie

Volume 3, Book 32, Number 226:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying regarding Ramadan, "Whoever prayed at night in it (the month of Ramadan) out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven."

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 120:
Narrated Sahl:

The Prophet said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it."

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 476:
Narrated Ibn Umar:

The Prophet said, "The keys of the unseen are five and none knows them but Allah: (1) None knows what is in the womb, but Allah: (2) None knows what will happen tomorrow, but Allah; (3) None knows when it will rain, but Allah; (4) None knows where he will die, but Allah (knows that); (5) and none knows when the Hour will be established, but Allah."

Volume 9, Book 92, Number 379:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "There was no prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I was given was the Divine Inspiration which Allah revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other prophet on the Day of Resurrection."

May Allah make us steadfast and focussed on the gates of Jannah, Ameen

Ameen, ameen!!
MashaAllah, some very encouraging reminders.

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
08-24-2009, 05:22 PM

Brothers and Sisters!

Ramadhan is in full swing now!!!

I spent the day thinking. Just think of all the blessings Allah has given us. While we fast, we can understand and be grateful. Allah has not given us just the basic foods to live on but much more. In our homes, we dont just have dates and waters, but rice, chapaties, curries, chapatis, vegetable, fruits, we even have all sorts ranges of drinks!....

http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...ml#post1208355

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1208555

Alhamdulillah! We have been given so much, yet we arw not always grateful for what Allah has provided us. We start to whine, if the food is salty, watery even tasteless!! SubhaanAllah!!

Lets take moment and realise the blessings Allah has given already and inshaAllah May Allah rewards us for being humble and patient, not just this month, but every single time we eat. Ameen!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Ali_008
08-25-2009, 04:45 AM
Does anyone know of the Hadeeth which says that if you miss your Qur'an's recitation at night and recite it the next day between Fajr and Zuhr, it will be accepted.. I just dosed off after coming back from Taraweeh last night and did not recite. I think I saw it here somewhere but can't seem to find it. I also think it was either posted by Brother Najm or Brother A.M.H. . . . .. .

Bub
08-26-2009, 04:53 PM
mashaAllah Tony

Najm
08-30-2009, 04:42 AM

Brothers and sisters! We are into the 2nd week of Ramadhan! InshaAllah everyone is doing well!!

And remind (by preaching the Qur'ân) for verily, the reminding profits the believers. [51:55]

I have spent my time doing and shall be various activities to increase my Taqwa. InshaAllah!

A description of Taqwa is a high state of heart which one keeps conscious Allah's presence, and does righteous deeds and avoid those which are permitted.

Taqwa is one of our main objective of fasting! Furthermore Taqwa is one of the main objective of the relevation of the Quran.....

(It is) a Qur'an in Arabic, without any crookedness (therein): in order that they may guard against Evil. [39:28]

Taqwa is something we need, not only for Ramadhan, but everyday throughout our lives!

Ramadhan is a month of Taqwa! Lets increase it inshaAllah!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
08-30-2009, 10:59 PM

Heres some tips which may help to increase your Taqwa (in no particular order):
1 Guard your tongue
2 Speak good or remain silent
3 Speak truth, and speak up against falsehood
4 Increase you Zhikr
5 Make Tawbah
6 Increase you prayers (Sunnah and Nafl)
7 Be Patient and Do not get angry
8 Make dua for you and me
9 Strive for Ihsaaan (highest state of faith)
10 Read and Listen to the Quran

May Allah Keep our minds in high state of Taqwa. Allahumma Ameen!

FiAmaaniAllah

Bukhari1986
09-03-2009, 07:12 AM
nice said @ Najm

HopeFul
09-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Assalamoalaikum,

It seems I ahven't come here in Ages, JAzakAllah brother Tony, May Allah forgive you your sins and bless you with jannat Al Firdous, ameen

jazakAllah everyone else for the ahadeeth.

May Allah bestow piety on me and my family, Ameen.

Najm
09-10-2009, 10:52 PM

May Allah forgive us, for all the times we wasted throughout the month, and didnt use it to gain the reward Allah set out for us.

Brothers and sisters, 20 days have come and gone, have we learnt anything? or just gone through hunger and sleepless nights.

Have we increase our Taqwa, have we increased in our deeds. Did we speak good or remain silent?

What are we going to take from this month for the rest of our lives?

InshaAllah ill write a list of things, which we may have taken from this blessed month fro the rest of our lives.

FiAmaaniAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.