/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Fitna

OmAabid
07-03-2009, 01:26 AM
:ooh:Assalamu Alaikum: Do you know what is happening with YOUR kids?????

Anyone that works with kids today knows what is going on. Mom and Dad are too busy, too naive', or perhaps are busy doing their own thing....while their kids are on facebook, making dates, cursing, sharing indecent videos, and more......Wake up Muslims, it is all of our kids, not just bad ones. It is the kids of Sheyouk, of Quran teachers, of upstanding members of the community and they have NO CLUE! Check your computers, watch what your kids do online, keep them in a public area of the house when they log on. Save them from the designs the Shaytan has drawn up and keep them close to you and to Islam. Delete buttons work too well to just check the history, no private computer time and unplug internet at night---this is when they do it, when everyone asleep. Take care of them so you don't have really nasty surprises later. SubanAllah!

More: http://www.muslimwomensnetwork.net/?q=node/51

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caller الداعي
07-03-2009, 07:05 AM
true

Yanal
07-03-2009, 07:11 AM
:sl:

It may be that some facebook users use it to guide other members into Islam? Or can it be that those kids(such as myself) use the computer only for LI? The negatives are thrown out all the time for once look at the positives. Without having computer access I would not be able to have come to LI,yet I stand here today as a senior member. Without computer you would have to hand learn some things that are really hard part from the cyber world. The computer is neither good or bad,the user of it determines it. That user can be any kid/teen/youth in the world. Not everyone thinks nasty/bad thoughts some actually respect their parents freedom over the computer and benefit. As the saying of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) "Searching for knowledge is better than praying all night" wouldn't you want your children to attain that?

Don't get me wrong and think of me criticing your thinking but in a way that is true and if a fact. We must not always jump into conclusions but try to look at it in an Islamic perspective then you can fully understand both sides of the story then be the judge of your child(rens) actions. You should benefit from this and consider it before doing anything hasty that you may regret. A kid who is on 24/7 on the computer is better than one involved in gangsters. Which do you wish your kid should be? You decide.

:w:

OmAabid
07-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Assalamu Alaikum:

I don't believe that Facebook in itself makes one do things that are unIslamic but lettle CHILDREN (even teens) on facebook without 'friending' them is a recipe for disaster! It is equivalent to hanging out in an undisclosed spot with boys and girls knowing no one will hear or see them [they forget about Allah!]. You get the idea......especially youngsters.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Caller الداعي
07-03-2009, 12:51 PM
salam
i agree with ya
i think their should be more controls on facebook and other social networks for kids
Islam teaches us to learn knowledge and help propogate however we are still expected to obide to islam. not forgetting that knowledge can be a key to success or a fall to failure.
yes we should allow our youngters to use the net but should also beaware of who they talk to and the sites they visit.
oh yeah and the negavtive psychological effects on the mind are no less than being a gangster combined with the scary addictive effects it has i mean two children starved coz their mother had been sitting at the net for 14 hrs!!!
so basically the moral is kids should be allowed on the net but with parental guidance...

Sari
07-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I find that alot of people on Facebook just use it to keep in touch with friends they already have, share photos privately and safely just within their friends and promote Islam aswell, not everything is bad on it.

aadil77
07-03-2009, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sari
I find that alot of people on Facebook just use it to keep in touch with friends they already have, share photos privately and safely just within their friends and promote Islam aswell, not everything is bad on it.
Thats not the same for everyone, people will add other people from the opposite gender and then you have access to all those photos and videos so its messed up. Even if all your friends on there are the same gender you'll never know if they've shown your photos to someone else who is non mahram

M..x
07-03-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry dude, buh it is silly to asume the whole wurld goes on facebook for
making dates, cursing, sharing indecent videos, and more
.. Buh I s'pose all parents should be wary of their children going on tha net esp tha young ones cause as we all know, tha net is full of some messed up trash =)

true believer
07-05-2009, 11:07 PM
oh please ppl..GET UR HEADS OUT OF DENIAL. from time, photos r not even islamic n haram. plus where is da modesty in dat?! anyway, most ppl DO add the opposite gender n chat...n u know da rest. i totally agree with the thread starter. its all dirty in itself, this is shaytan's work. if u just bury ur head in the sand den u r all shaytan's followers. dnt lie to urselves

Intisar
07-05-2009, 11:14 PM
:sl: I disagree with the fact that facebook makes people do indecent and ''haraam'' things. We have control over ourselves. In fact, facebook is a very good utility. You can use it to invite people to events, to get connected with your family, to know what's going on at the masjid or with the sisters etc. You choose what you do on facebook. You don't have to have your picture on there. In fact, you can make your profile so restricted that people that aren't on your list can't even click on your name. There are privacy restrictions, so weirdos that you don't even know can't add you. It's up to you at the end of the day, people are more afraid of what their parents think than what Allaah thinks. 'Cause if they have the chance to do stuff behind their backs, they'd do it believing that nobody can see them. But little do they know, Allaah is the all-knowing and all-seeing and the angels are ready to write down the good and the bad you've done.

Sari
07-06-2009, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Thats not the same for everyone, people will add other people from the opposite gender and then you have access to all those photos and videos so its messed up. Even if all your friends on there are the same gender you'll never know if they've shown your photos to someone else who is non mahram
In that case that is purely an issue about you not having trustworthy friends, not Facebook being bad, as photos do not exist through Facebook alone and Facebook only does what you tell it to.

Yanal
07-07-2009, 05:01 AM
I do believe you are correct in a way and sense but remember that not everyone in this muslim has bad thinking or thinks wrongly if they follow a different religion other than Islam. I made my facebook account due to a bit of peer pressure indirectly(note: this was when I was immature and didn't gave much background knowledge in Islam): the peer pressure came indirectly because all my male friends always talked about facebook and how it was good to have an account,assuming in that view I made one purely in the intention of immature curiosity. I do rethink now before making an account on a free mixing site but I do not join now,alhumdulilah. Though my facebook account cannot be deleted I am always fighting the resistant of the Shytaan of coming online on facebook.

brotherubaid
07-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Great thread n may Allah reward u.

There is more than one problem with facebook n similar social networking websites.

Like Hi5 , twitter , myspace , friendster etc .

Those who think they are calling peole to Islam through these sites , Fear Allah . be real , Have u acquired the knowledge first? Ur out there giving Dawah without knowledge , Even though we should pass on what we know from the knowledge but still this is not the right way. U gotta start from urself, ur family first , then ur relatives n loved ones , then ur street n ur block n ur area. N where is the kowledge mayne!

There are pictures of girls n guys on these which are haram , n some can be very inappropriate and May Allah save us.

Ur gaze can kill u , im telling u man , u wont even realise its effects untill its too late , u keep letting ur gaze looose n dont protect it n it will have great effcts on ur heart n ur charatcer,ur life.

There is the possibilty that ur kids or u urself might fall a victim to lots of haram , like spekaing to the opposite gender , even if its PRIVATE MESSAGE , i consider it forbidden coz there isnt a thrid person between u two so its a one-on one thing which is not allowed for opposite genders.

N if ur a sister , stay away from brothers , trust me its usually not even the sisters' fault , they fal victim to the boys online , with the smooth n sweet n cute talk , n there goes a good girl lost. Once u get used to talking to boys , chatting , flirting , u just might ruin ur whole future n life n the boys might just make u fal in to great sins , trut me man brothers are smooth out there , they have lines n tricks by the millions plus they always have mates that are helping in making u fall prey. N if u are used to such things , n i have know some people who could not change even after marriage n kept those friendships , which ruined their life and also with such sins they are risking their next life.

Remmeber every individual has his own good n bad n specail thinsg about them , the more friends of opposite gender u make , u will see so many things in them , one mightbe funny , the other might be rigteou s, the third migt be good looking , n then when its time for u to settle u might not find all these or some of these qualities in ur spouse , so u will always miss the ones u knew before n in many cases keep in touch with them ruining ur marital life.

Sme thing for boys , u guys can fall into haram acts , it always starts with a chat , a couple of funny messages , Astaghfirullah even some hadiths n i seek refuge from Allah , n then somne more chit chat n flirting to dating to falling into lots of haram.

These websites are haram any way , I personally do not see any good coming out of tem any way , SubhanAllah !! SOCIAL NETWORKING??!?!!! Who Allowed it??!! Our beautiful religion does not allow u to have such networks , where u can be exposed to lots of evil , lots of haram , lots of sins , trust me these things shape ur future n ur life , dont fall prey to them , aviod them even though it seems like everone is on these website , all ur mates might be on there n they might try to convince u to join , but dont listen to them n Fear Allah.

N dont even open the door of intentions , " It depends on the intentions" This hadith is always used in the wrong way , It does not mean that , it mean that one should always keep good intentions , does not mean that u can make friends with the opposite gender for a good intention , giving dawah or learning , or teaching , or helpng islamicaly , nope its not up to the sisters to help brothers nor the brothers to help sisters. Wrong nharam things cannot be done witha good intention , like one cannot drink alcohol with any intention what so ever , u cannot go out with a sister with any good intention , the action in itself is haram just having the right intention does not make it halal in any way.

Please be warned brothers n sisters that these websites are full of fitnah , no matter how strong u are n think u are , its about the efects , the effects on ur heart , on ur souls , u wont even realise. There are too many things on these websites that we do not want our brothers n s isters n youth n youngsters to be exposed to.Plus there is always the chance of u meeting some one who will mislead u n make u fal into haram.

Fear Allah

18. That Day shall you be brought to Judgement, not a secret of you will be hidden. Al haqqah

281. And be afraid of the Day when you shall be brought back to Allâh. Then every person shall be paid what he earned, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly. Al baqarah

41. The Mujrimûn (polytheists, criminals, sinners, etc.) will be known by their marks (black faces), and they will be seized by their forelocks and their feet. Ar rahman

Surah yunus
26. For those who have done good is the best (reward, i.e. Paradise) and even more (i.e. having the honour of glancing at the Countenance of Allâh Ìá ÌáÇáå) Neither darkness nor dust nor any humiliating disgrace shall cover their faces. They are the dwellers of Paradise, they will abide therein forever.

27. And those who have earned evil deeds, the recompense of an evil deed is the like thereof, and humiliating disgrace will cover them (their faces). No defender will they have from Allâh. Their faces will be covered, as it were, with pieces from the darkness of night. They are dwellers of the Fire, they will abide therein forever.

62. No doubt! Verily, the Auliyâ' of Allâh [ those who fear Allâh much,abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which he has forbidden, and love Allâh much ,perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained], no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve

63. Those who believed , and used to fear Allâh much (by abstaining from evil deeds and sins and by doing righteous deeds).

64. For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present world and in the Hereafter. No change can there be in the Words of Allâh, this is indeed the supreme success.

Surah An Nahl
97. Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter).

Surah Yunus again
For those who have done good is the best (reward, i.e. Paradise) and even more (i.e. having the honour of glancing at the Countenance of Allâh) Neither darkness nor dust nor any humiliating disgrace shall cover their faces. They are the dwellers of Paradise, they will abide therein forever

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O My slaves who believe , be afraid of your Lord (Allâh) and keep your duty to Him. Good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world, and Allâh's earth is spacious (so if you cannot worship Allâh at a place, then go to another)! Only those who are patient shall receive their rewards in full, without reckoning

We have places like this forum where one can benefit and learn n share stuff , while not speaking one on one with the opposite gender , it is aforum where other people can read what u are saying so InsahAllah its fine

MuslimWays
07-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Assalamu'alykum,

No doubt there is both good and bad on facebook. It can enable us Muslims to give dawah to others or it could lead us to commit sins through temptations.

There is an alternative fast growing Muslim social network with SEGREGATION. You can find existing friends or meet new friends. Share an Islamic event, create a group etc.

So please support this cause by signing up!

Salam - Muslim Social Network

القعقاع
07-07-2009, 02:22 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام وعليكم ورحمة الله وبركاتة اخونى الاعزاء
Peace and you and God's mercy and blessings
I am an Arab youth do not talk English, but in a Atorgomp programs and drew my attention
This topic is hard to control children
My dear
I loved the part in something, even for a small benefit to all
Must Iracba parents of their children from sites that do not come
Usefulness
They know that to maintain Abnahm Li Alratbp their prayers
And education, as far as Islam and Dzak Khairzad brothers Karim

lordvader
07-07-2009, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimWays
Assalamu'alykum,

No doubt there is both good and bad on facebook. It can enable us Muslims to give dawah to others or it could lead us to commit sins through temptations.

There is an alternative fast growing Muslim social network with SEGREGATION. You can find existing friends or meet new friends. Share an Islamic event, create a group etc.

So please support this cause by signing up!

Salam - Muslim Social Network

So whats the diff between your site & Facebook ?

They both are asking people to come join
put there Photos on site
& thats How Men & women will do wrong things

correct me if im wrong

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-07-2009, 11:27 PM
:sl:

Facebook is just like anything else, such as this forum or the internet itself. It's how it's used that makes it what it is. If you use it properly, good, if you don't then it's on you.

Yanal
07-07-2009, 11:29 PM
:salamext:

Yeah I support you and agree with you brother^ whats the difference between facebook and your website when everything is the same except your version is the more poor version(no offence) but they have the same things asking you to join,make groups and put up photos. You would be doing a sin and everyone who does do fitnah on your website,you will be the one to blame and possibiliy get some of the sin as the starter of the website that will create fitnah,if possible I say close it and save yourself from the temptations of the Shytaan,the web already has a fitnah site,we would not want another one.

MuslimWays
07-23-2009, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lordvader
So whats the diff between your site & Facebook ?

They both are asking people to come join
put there Photos on site
& thats How Men & women will do wrong things

correct me if im wrong
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
:salamext:

Yeah I support you and agree with you brother^ whats the difference between facebook and your website when everything is the same except your version is the more poor version(no offence) but they have the same things asking you to join,make groups and put up photos. You would be doing a sin and everyone who does do fitnah on your website,you will be the one to blame and possibiliy get some of the sin as the starter of the website that will create fitnah,if possible I say close it and save yourself from the temptations of the Shytaan,the web already has a fitnah site,we would not want another one.

Asssalamualykum warahmatullah,

The concept is the same, however the method is different. It's segregated, for example brothers can not add sisters and vice versa.

Any photos uploaded by the user can only be visible to their friends and as I said before sisters can not add brothers as friends therefore they will not have access to the pictures.

I hope this clears up the matter. As for the site looking poor, I agree and Alhamdulilah I am working on it and expect the new theme to be launched soon.

Please support this sincere cause by signing up today! Click here to sign up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.