/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I was no al-Qaeda ally, Saddam told FBI

Joe98
07-03-2009, 04:05 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/world/i-was-no...0702-d6jc.html

SADDAM HUSSEIN told an FBI interviewer before he was hanged that he allowed the world to believe he had weapons of mass destruction because he was worried about appearing weak to Iran, according to declassified accounts of the interviews just released.

The former Iraqi president also denounced Osama bin Laden as "a zealot" and said he had no dealings with al-Qaeda.

Saddam, in fact, said he felt so vulnerable to the fanatic leaders in Tehran that he would have been prepared to seek a "security agreement with the United States to protect it [Iraq] from threats in the region".

The FBI summaries of the interviews - 20 formal interrogations and five "casual conversations" in 2004 - were obtained under the US Freedom of Information Act by the National Security Archive, a non-government research institute, and posted on its website this week. The detailed accounts of the interviews were released with few deletions, though one, a last formal interview on May 1, 2004, was blacked out.

-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
07-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Hmmmm

I'm surprised to hear Saddam Hussein would try to convince everyone that he had weapons of mass destruction. Sounds strange to me. Would there have been other ways to avoid appearing weak to Iran? How did Iran appear to be a threat in the first place?

I would not say fanatic leaders of Tehran would be enough for Saddam Hussein to covince everyone had possessed WMD. That would just make things worse. How exactly did he convince everyone that he had WMD?

That article raises more questions.

The_Prince
07-04-2009, 02:41 PM
this story is a good lesson and sign for everyone, saddam was scared of iran and so forth, but at the end who came in and killed him? the americans. this should be a sign for all those similar paranoid people who are starting to see iran as the enemy based on western propaganda, which we all know is part of the west's divide and conquer strategy, at the end the same will happen to other people, they will be talking about iran and seeing iran as the threat, and then the good western government will be the one comming and invading you, and eventually killing you off, not iran.

Zafran
07-04-2009, 03:27 PM
as if I'm going believe that. Seriously - they will do anything to attack Iran even Lie - they showed that when they lied about the Iraq war.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
07-04-2009, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
as if I'm going believe that. Seriously - they will do anything to attack Iran even Lie - they showed that when they lied about the Iraq war.
What do you find so implausible? It isn't 'attacking' Iran at all, all it claims is that Saddam said he was afraid of the Iranians. As, remember, he started a war against that country in which many hundreds of thousands of Iranians died I don't find that in the least surprising.

Zafran
07-04-2009, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
What do you find so implausible? It isn't 'attacking' Iran at all, all it claims is that Saddam said he was afraid of the Iranians. As, remember, he started a war against that country in which many hundreds of thousands of Iranians died I don't find that in the least surprising.
It does attack Iran

Saddam, in fact, said he felt so vulnerable to the fanatic leaders in Tehran that he would have been prepared to seek a "security agreement with the United States to protect it [Iraq] from threats in the region".
Its funny how the story comes out now and not before. Thats very odd.

GuestFellow
07-04-2009, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Well...I do not think it is true. Why is this information realised during the events of Iran elections?

Doesn't make sense...

fanatic leaders in Tehran
Not a very nice thing to say... :(

Blackpool
07-05-2009, 12:05 PM
As much as I'm against the war in Iraq Saddam Hussein was guilty of mass murder and deserved to be executed. He was an evil dictator.

However, it wasn't any of our business and we shouldn't have even gone in.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.