/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help...

atif_hussain
07-04-2009, 05:49 PM
asalam alay kum brothers and sisters i need your help..

i have a friend who is a atheist..he says that the Qur'an is written by man..

now i do not know how to explain it to him as he asks for facts and evidence outside of the quran..

ne1 can help me answer his question..?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-04-2009, 06:28 PM
:salamext:

ask here insha Allah;

Atheism and Agnosticism

For example some scientific miracles;

1. The mountains are shaped like pegs:
Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse, And the mountains as pegs? (78:6-7)
Early tefsir made prior to scientific discoveries:
Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir
Scientific article that confirms the shape of mountains:
Beneath the mountains

2. Mountins protecting us from earthquakes.

And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance. (21:31)
Early tefsir prior to the scientific discoveries:
http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=21&tid=32959

Article explaining how research confirms the function of mountains as insulators for earthquakes:
Effects of Large-Scale Surface Topography on Ground Motions, as Demonstrated by a Study of the San Gabriel Mountains, Los Angeles, California -- Ma et al. 97 (6): 2066 -- Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America

2. The deepness of the sea:
Or as darkness on a vast, abysmal sea. There covereth him a wave, above which is a wave, above which is a cloud. Layer upon layer of darkness. When he holdeth out his hand he scarce can see it. And he for whom Allah hath not appointed light, for him there is no light. (24:40)
Claims that:
1. Deep inside the sea there is darkness, this has now been tested with diving equipment and validated.
2. There are different waves above each other. This has now been tested with hightech equipment, measuring density and temperature, you can find "layers" of sea.
3. The darkness is caused by the layers. Again this is correct. These different layers of sea, since they each have a different density and temperature cause a phenomena which in science we call: "light refraction". Upon each refraction, a percentage of light is reflected back up. So the light is really stoped in part layer by layer.
(Do note this only acounts for part of the darkness, allot of the light is also reflected on the surface (+-30%) and also some part of it is "absorbed", nevertheless, that this verse does not contradict science is amazing)

Another: In Surah 'Alaq, its mentioned that man is created from an 'Alaq, which literally means something that hangs off something else.

And we know that the blood clot hangs off the womb to feed off the mother.

islamlover_girl
07-05-2009, 01:07 AM
check this site
http://www.elnaggarzr.com/Test_fre/English/index_E.asp

Yanal
07-05-2009, 01:43 AM
:salamext:
Source:www.------------

The Holy Quran is a compilation of the verbal revelations given to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) over a period of twenty two years. The Holy Quran is the Holy Book or the Scriptures of the Muslims. It lays down for them the law and commandments, codes for their social and moral behaviour, and contains a comprehensive religious philosophy. The language of the Quran is Arabic. Besides its proper name, the Quran is also known by the following names:al Kitab The Book;al Furqan The Discriminant: al Dhikr The Exposition; al Bayan The Explanation; al Burhan The Argument; al Haqq The Truth; al Tanzil The Revelation; al Hikmat The Wisdom; al Huda The Guide; al Hukm The Judgment; al Mau'izah The Admonition; al Rahmat The Mercy; al-Noor The Light; al-Rooh The Word Surahs And Verses The Holy Quran is divided into 114 Surahs or Chapters and each Chapter consists of individual Ayaat or verses. There are in total 6,348 verses in the Holy Quran. The Surahs are of varying lengths, some consisting of a few lines while others run for many pages. Surah al Baqarah (Ch.2 ) is the longest Chapter comprising 287 verses while Surah al Kauthar( Ch. 108) is the shortest with only four verses including the tasmia. The text of the Holy Quran has remained unchanged over the past 1400 years. The millions of copies of the Quran circulating in the world today are all identical down to a single letter. And this is not strange since God says in the Holy Quran that He Himself will guard this book: "Surely it is We Who have revealed the Exposition, and surely it is We Who are its guardians" (15:10) What Does The Holy Quran Contain To the Muslims, the Quran is the Word of God and contains complete guidance for mankind. Much of the Quran is about God, His attributes and man's relationship to Him. But it also contains directives for its followers, historical accounts of certain prophets and peoples, arguments for accepting Muhammad as a genuine Prophet and good news for the believers and warnings for the disbelievers. Broadly speaking, the contents of the Holy Quran fall into five main categories: Nature of the Spiritual World The Law and Commandments Historical Accounts The Wisdom The Prophecies more… Search

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
07-05-2009, 03:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by atif_hussain
asalam alay kum brothers and sisters i need your help..

i have a friend who is a atheist..he says that the Qur'an is written by man..

now i do not know how to explain it to him as he asks for facts and evidence outside of the quran..

ne1 can help me answer his question..?
Ignore him. And just immerse yourself in Islam and answers will come to you as you learn. Trust me.

Layla454
07-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Tell him about the scientific facts in the Quran. Thats a start

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!