/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Beard :(

anonymous
07-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Ive been growing my beard for about 7 months now alhumdulilah. But it looks really bad, it grows very weirdly and its hardly a beard, just long sideburns and a bit of a goate. Ive had people say some stuff about it aswell etc.
Im an ugly brother with a weird beard :( which makes it worse!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Brasco
07-05-2009, 03:08 PM
:sl:

No you are not ugly! General Islamic values entail beauty in behavior, manners, and dress. When a man once asked if liking fine clothes and sandals was a form of arrogance, the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, "Verily, Allah is beautiful and loves beauty" (Sahih Muslim, 1.93: 91).

:w:

Tony
07-05-2009, 03:09 PM
trim it to look tidy bro

Layla454
07-05-2009, 04:13 PM
You are not ugly brother so stop saying things like that. What you are doing is part of the sunnah so if people want to mock the sunnah then they are the ones in the wrong

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
أبو سليمان عمر
07-05-2009, 04:22 PM
you bro im with you on the beard part been growing mine for a while and its not growing the way i planed but Alhumdulillah if the niya is there and u are doing to pls Allah have no worries what others say keep it up IT WILL FILL IN ONE DAY IVE been waiting for a while May Allah increase us in iman and make our hearts firm in islam AMEEN

liya
07-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Brother dont be harsh on urself look to other brothers who tried more than u and failed ... my brother is trying from long time like since wen he was in high skool nd now he is 23 and he only has a little moustache and little ones on his chin

- Qatada -
07-05-2009, 06:50 PM
:salamext:

Your beard will grow and everything will connect together insha Allah. :) Trust me, alot of us bros have been through that..

Ask Allah to make your beard beautiful, and He will.. you'll find out through experience insha Allah.

aadil77
07-05-2009, 10:49 PM
can't we trim or shave until it fills up and thickens up

brotherubaid
07-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Nope u cant trim, trust me u dont want to trim or shave.Its forbidden n is a sin.

U are growing the beared for the sake of Allah brother, so seek ur reward with HIM , N I pray to Allah that He reward u with the best of rewards.

And warn those who have said anything about ur beared that they Fear Allah! Coz its serious

U know how serious it is to make fun of the Sunnah , Of the deen or anything related to deen or part of the deen , Or Make fun of Allah or fun of his messenger sala lahu alihi wa sallam????

Its as serious as getting u out of Islam!! yep ,

65. If you ask them (about this), they declare: "We were only talking idly and joking." Say: "Was it at Allâh (ÚÒ æ Ìá), and His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger (SAW) that you were mocking?"

66. Make no excuse; you have disbelieved after you had believed. If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you because they were Mujrimûn (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, criminals, etc.).

Making fun of the deen , religon or any aspect of the religion , The sunnah , like the beared or brothers wearing short pants n raising their dresses n pants above the ankle , or using the siwak or anything that has to do with the religion n with Allah His messenger Sala lahu alihi wa sallam and his Way , The Quran can get you out of Islam, Its really serious.

N its sad that its common out there , soon as a brother is guided n blessed by Allah n he starts to practise the deen and starts to adhere to the sunnah his mates start mocking him n making jokes , Like , Hey look he's wearing his lil brother's pants or Hey its not raining , why is ur pants raised above the ankle? Or making fun of the beared May Allah protect us n save us from such evil.

N brother last but not least , Dont care about who thinks what, Think about Allah , dont care about those who did not create you , do not provide ur sustinance , they will not take ur life away n they are not the ones responsible of rasing u up from the dead again, U will not be made to satnd inm front of them n give account of ur deeds rather its Allah subhanahu wa taala , Do what ever u do for Allah , for His love , for seeking his pleasure n reward, By Allah i have so many examples of brothers who prefferd Allah and the religion n the sunnah over every one else , they did not care , all that mattered fo rthem was the sunnah , the deen , Allah n his messenger sal lahu alihi wa sallam.

Dont care about what people say , keep in mind what Allah says, U know what he says brother?

yep He calls Jibreel Alihi salam n tells him , i love so n so so u love him too , so jibreel loves him ....... U know the hadith right? if not here is the whole hadith

Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said:
"If Allah loves someone He calls (angel) Jibreel and says: I
love so-and-so, so you love him. Jibreel loves him, and calls
the other angels in Heaven to love that person. They love him,
then his love will be made upon earth, and he becomes loved.

"And if Allah hates someone He calls Jibreel and says: I hate
so-and-so and you hate him. Jibreel hates him and calls the
angels in Heaven and says: Allah hates so-and-so, so you all
hate him. They all hate him, and his hatred is made upon earth
and he becomes hated." - Muslim

some one posted this hadith on another forun n posted this along with it
[Lessons from this hadith] People do things for the sake of
seeking out love from other humans. All the love you need is
found in obeying Allah. Do
actions sincerely to win Allah's
love, and love will be yours!

The Quran Surah Yunus
62. No doubt! Verily, the Auliyâ' of Allâh [ those who fear Allâh much,abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which he has forbidden, and love Allâh much ,perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained], no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve

63. Those who believed , and used to fear Allâh much (by abstaining from evil deeds and sins and by doing righteous deeds).

64. For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present world and in the Hereafter. No change can there be in the Words of Allâh, this is indeed the supreme success.

65. And let not their speech grieve you (O Muhammad SAW), for all power and honour belong to Allâh. He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.

Let no speech grieve u my brother, The life of this world is for u n the next life as well InshahAllah if u are God-fearing.

N the verses from Quran are plenty InshahAllah i will post later coz i gotta run.

Surah An Nahl
97. Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter).

Surah Yunus again
For those who have done good is the best (reward, i.e. Paradise) and even more (i.e. having the honour of glancing at the Countenance of Allâh) Neither darkness nor dust nor any humiliating disgrace shall cover their faces. They are the dwellers of Paradise, they will abide therein forever

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O My slaves who believe , be afraid of your Lord (Allâh) and keep your duty to Him. Good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world, and Allâh's earth is spacious (so if you cannot worship Allâh at a place, then go to another)! Only those who are patient shall receive their rewards in full, without reckoning

So bro be patient , be stead fast , if u are good , Allah has promised u a good life here in this world n the next life.

So always look at it like this , if no one in the world loves u or cares for u n you are righteous n Allah loves u , N Jibreel n everyone in the heavens n the skies love u then By Allah u are successful , N there is no pleasing/obedience of the CREATION in disobedience of the CREATOR. I pray to Allah to make u n us all from those He Loves n Those He will have mercy on on the day of judgment n those He will enter into his paradise, n from those whom He loves

N i ask Allah to fogive me n us all Indeed He is The Most Forgiving.

Tony
07-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Good post brother. But we are supposed to ensure that our beards are not untidy and that we should trim sides to prevent them from looking scruffy etc. Im not by any means claiming I know better than u bro, just something I saw on Islam channel as I am going thru beard anxiety myself at the moment. Im sure its ok to prune the beard to make it at least tidy. Respect

brotherubaid
07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Good post brother. But we are supposed to ensure that our beards are not untidy and that we should trim sides to prevent them from looking scruffy etc. Im not by any means claiming I know better than u bro, just something I saw on Islam channel as I am going thru beard anxiety myself at the moment. Im sure its ok to prune the beard to make it at least tidy. Respect
Jazak Allah bro , call islam channel up , tell em to give us evidence for trimmng from the sides , barak Allah feek , May Allah bless u.

This is deen , this is religion , It is " Allah said" n " His messenger said" or something from a sahabi atleast , but Give me " Allah said" n " His meesenger said" n im with u on that , if u cannot come up with that then InshahAllah i will provide u with what Allah n His messenger has said n we have to live by it n stop by it, adheer to the words of the hadith n stop.If the hadith says trim the sides n make it look beautiful AlhumdoLILLAH , if it dosent then its not to be added to it from our own desires, we need to start living by quran n sunnah, n let it be enough for us and Allah knows best

Assalam o alikum

Tony
07-06-2009, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brotherubaid
Jazak Allah bro , call islam channel up , tell em to give us evidence for trimmng from the sides , barak Allah feek , May Allah bless u.

This is deen , this is religion , It is " Allah said" n " His messenger said" or something from a sahabi atleast , but Give me " Allah said" n " His meesenger said" n im with u on that , if u cannot come up with that then InshahAllah i will provide u with what Allah n His messenger has said n we have to live by it n stop by it, adheer to the words of the hadith n stop.If the hadith says trim the sides n make it look beautiful AlhumdoLILLAH , if it dosent then its not to be added to it from our own desires, we need to start living by quran n sunnah, n let it be enough for us and Allah knows best

Assalam o alikum

Yes brother and i would agree, but as a relative new comer its hard to see whats right or wrong when so much info is coming, the lecture I saw was along the lines of being better looking to do with the representation of muslims. And to be honest as new muslim who has asked for help and not recieved it I tend to listen to the sheiks etc on Islam channel. I have no desire to step beyond the teachings of the Qur'an or of Rasulullah (pbuh), but as I said at times its confusing and if a person is looking unkempt it makes sense to trim a beard at sides which is why I saw it as being correct, also I am a white convert and do not want to bring any bad veiws of Islam by being percieved as extremist etc etc. Thanks for you advice and info brother, if you have any further proof within Qur'an or teachings of Muhammad (pbuh) pls pls let me know as I am eager to learn. Peace and respect

Ali_008
07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
:sl:
Don't worry dear brother, I have the same kind of beard. A strange goatie (quite made fun of) and even strange sideburns, sometimes even I can't detect them. But I just keep it, though even my mom asks me to get it cut.
:w:

Banu_Hashim
07-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Don't worry about your beard brother. Groom it, and look after it. That's all you can do. Allah is the one growing the beard. One brother I know is malaysian and his beard is typical of malaysian brothers; not very dense. But he's grown it, because striving to follow the example of Rasulullah (SAWS).

I, myself have some sort of facial hair which is definitely not a beard yet. But alhamdulillah I'm not too bothered about it. I'll leave the rest to Allah.

Beardo
07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Ive been growing my beard for about 7 months now alhumdulilah. But it looks really bad, it grows very weirdly and its hardly a beard, just long sideburns and a bit of a goate. Ive had people say some stuff about it aswell etc.
lol, I have a beard somewhat to how you say yours is. Believe me, Allah will reward you plentiful!! Insha'Allah our beards will grow smoothly :)

crayon
07-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Im an ugly brother with a weird beard :(
Brother, it's not your beard that is the problem- it's your self esteem. Be happy with the way you look, whether it's your beard or any other physical aspect, and rock it. You decide how you feel, if you want to feel bad about your beard/looks, then you will. But if you decide that
A)You are doing this for the sake of Allah, so no matter what you think it looks like, you will be beautiful because your desire is to please Allah and
B)You don't care what other people think, because you're comfortable with being who you are, and don't feel the need to change yourself and your beliefs to please others and
C)You don't need a boring old regular beard to fit in; have a funky looking beard and love it!

Ansariyah
07-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Just tidy it up a bit, make it the way u like it?

Beardo
07-06-2009, 05:46 PM
He doesn't necessarily need to trim it. I remember one time my friend told me women's shampoo helps. :D But I mean, comb it and make dua. Insha'Allah it will all be rewarded and compensated either in this world or the next, or even both.

Reminds me of a story...

This man went to a job interview, and he was looking good with his beard and Islamic appearance. At the end of the interview, the boss said they will have to consider some things before hiring him, and he named the beard as one of the many reasons.

So this man goes home and shaves his beard, comes back to the interview, ready to pursue the job. The boss then says "If you are not even loyal to your own God, how will you be loyal to me?"

---

Not sure if that made sense or is even relevant. Just something that popped in my head. :statisfie

aadil77
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM
I would never do that^ and if the job involves handling food then you just wear a hairnet

Caller الداعي
07-06-2009, 06:19 PM
bro a person doesnt become ugly with a beard if he takes caare of it

AbuSalahudeen
07-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Salam,

Brother don't be so harsh on your self, my beard is probably similar to yours (gap between sideburns and goate), but theres nothing odd or weird about that at all. The most important thing is the reason why you are growing it, inshallah to please Allah and to follow the Sunnah of our beloved messenger (saw).:thumbs_up

Cabdullahi
07-15-2009, 09:43 AM
brother i have the same beard...and its the best thing my young sisters say i have to shave it off but i'll never cut these lamb chop sideburns

it will grow just be patient and before you know it you'll have a full combo in no time!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.