/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How To Block Out What People Think Of You

AnonymousPoster
07-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Do you care what people think of you? I do and its all negative thoughts. It does me more harm then good as my confidence can go from high to low. On most occasions it ruins my day.

Any advice on how to stamp this out?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
07-05-2009, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Do you care what people think of you? I do and its all negative thoughts. It does me more harm then good as my confidence can go from high to low. On most occasions it ruins my day.

I don't think one can ever completely ignore the thoughts of others. But in your case, find something you're good at. Stand in front of the mirror and tell your reflection all that is good about you; admire yourself. Lie down, look up at the sky/ceiling and think of everything that is good about you. Vaporise all the whispers of your bad qualities.

... And you'll find yourself thinking you're far better than the ones around you.

AnonymousPoster
07-06-2009, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
I don't think one can ever completely ignore the thoughts of others. But in your case, find something you're good at. Stand in front of the mirror and tell your reflection all that is good about you; admire yourself. Lie down, look up at the sky/ceiling and think of everything that is good about you. Vaporise all the whispers of your bad qualities.

... And you'll find yourself thinking you're far better than the ones around you.
I dunno if you are being sarcastic or not

alcurad
07-06-2009, 12:41 AM
it's pretty good advice, except don't over do it, rather don't over do anything, if you find yourself worrying too much about what they say then it might be that you consider yuorself inadequate in some regard or other, the best solution then is to work on what you think your not doing correctly,
or it might be that those other people are jealous/angry/simply being inconsiderate idiots, in which case do the mirror thingy :), or just tell them it hurts, and they should stop saying things for the sake of harming and negativity.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
07-06-2009, 12:51 AM
I'd remember what Allah thinks of you and that its only His opinion that matters. Done.

The Ruler
07-06-2009, 12:59 AM
I dunno if you are being sarcastic or not
I was being serious, actually. I've never tried what I said myself, but I saw it in a movie.

AnonymousPoster
07-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the advice..

The Ruler..This aint a joke. May be to you but it isnt to me

The Ruler
07-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Yare yare. -_- I wasn't kidding. I know it's the couselling section and I have my own way of counselling. There's no law stopping me from doing so, right? ^_^

The_Prince
07-06-2009, 02:38 AM

my friend has this same problem, and i will tell you what i tell him, its simple, just ignore it, and move on, yes it might be tough to ignore, but thats the real and only solution, you have to ignore it. OR if these people really have negative thoughts about you, then just go up to them and talk to them about it and settle the issue.

AnonymousPoster
07-06-2009, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Yare yare. -_- I wasn't kidding. I know it's the couselling section and I have my own way of counselling. There's no law stopping me from doing so, right? ^_^
Taking the mick isnt a form of counselling :rollseyes

Anyway...Moving on

The Ruler
07-06-2009, 02:51 AM
I wasn't taking the mick. Serious enough?

Moving on indeed.

AntiKarateKid
07-06-2009, 03:50 AM
So fear them not, but fear Me; and that I may complete My favours on you, and ye May (consent to) be guided (Quran 2:150)

Eric H
07-06-2009, 06:06 AM
Greetings and peace be with you AnonymousGender;

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a great mystery, Lord grant me the peace and serenity to live this day and every day, always one day at a time.

Life is a journey always one day at a time, and we face each day always trying to do what is good in the eyes of God, despite all the negative stuff from others.

This may help…..

Mother Teresa
Anyway

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centred;
Forgive them anyway

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
It never was between you and them anyway.

In the spirit of striving for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric

جوري
07-06-2009, 06:07 AM
I read a funny adage once, it went like this:

when you are 20 you think everyone is talking about you
when you are 40 you don't give a D*** who is talking about you
when you are 60 you realize no one was talking about you all along

lol.. I rather liked it.. why not have the wisdom of the ages at a young age? it will surely make you better.. people's thoughts and words mean nothing, it is only when they cause you actual physical harm that it counts, and folks who cause harm to others are criminals.. so just live your life with an open heart and pay no mind to chatty people...

people are people are people, so choose wisely the company you keep and leave the rest to their maker..

:w:

Woodrow
07-06-2009, 07:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I read a funny adage once, it went like this:

when you are 20 you think everyone is talking about you
when you are 40 you don't give a D*** who is talking about you
when you are 60 you realize no one was talking about you all along

lol.. I rather liked it.. why not have the wisdom of the ages at a young age? it will surely make you better.. people's thoughts and words mean nothing, it is only when they cause you actual physical harm that it counts, and folks who cause harm to others are criminals.. so just live your life with an open heart and pay no mind to chatty people...

people are people are people, so choose wisely the company you keep and leave the rest to their maker..

:w:
That is so true. Indeed we are arrogant creatures, that us human's be. We pride ourselves under the concept that others have a lasting opinion of us. Yet the impression we leave on other people is most often the size of the hole we leave in the water when we step out of the bath tub.

The solid fact of life is we do not have to worry aout what other people think, it is doubtful that except for our parents our spouse and our children, no other human on earth will think more than 10 seconds about any of us.

Worry about what we do to serve Allaah(swt) and leave worries of other people for Allaah(swt) to handle, He has been handling the thoughts of people for a long time and has and will always make the right decision and justly judge all.

- Qatada -
07-06-2009, 05:13 PM
asalaam alaikum

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...nt-muslim.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.