/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Pa.

bmphilly
07-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Peace to all,

I'm new and found this forum while doing a websearch for sites related to Islam. I'm curious to know more about Islam and thought that this and reading would be a good way to learn more.

Aside from the Holy Quran, does anyone have any reading suggestions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamlover_girl
07-06-2009, 01:16 AM
First welcome in the forum
u can read also the prophet sayings ( hadith)
this link is for sahih albukhary which is the best book for right hadiths
http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c...adith/bukhari/

AntiKarateKid
07-06-2009, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bmphilly
Peace to all,

I'm new and found this forum while doing a websearch for sites related to Islam. I'm curious to know more about Islam and thought that this and reading would be a good way to learn more.

Aside from the Holy Quran, does anyone have any reading suggestions?
Hows it goin?

About the Quran, try and read Yusuf Ali's translation "The meaning of the Holy Quran" because the explanatory notes will help you understand each verse much better since you probably aren't too familiar with the history.

bmphilly
07-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks. I just picked up the Yusuf Ali's translation "The meaning of the Holy Quran". The notes are very helpful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I think you might also like this.. I think if you are a non-Arabic speaker that it is best to have more than one source to get as close an evocation to the original meaning as possible

gets 5 star reviews from most..

The Message of the Qur'an (Hardcover)

by Muhammad Asad (Translator)
46 Reviews
5 star: (41) 4 star: (3) 3 star: (1) 2 star: (1) 1 star: (0)
See all 46 customer reviews...

Strzelecki
07-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Hey Bmphilly.
Welcome to the forums.

Insha'Allah you benefit from here.

'Abd al-Baari
07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey,

Welcome to the forums, :).

I hope you have an enjoyable and beneficial stay here.

Check out; http://www.islamreligion.com/

Yanal
07-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Hello.

Insha'Allah your stay will be both beneficial for you and us.
Here is a link that insha'Allah may be of your interest: http://www.muslimconverts.com/

Any other questions feel free to ask.

ژاله
07-08-2009, 10:34 AM
welcome to the LI forums,post away and enjoy...:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!