/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'People of the Book'

Strzelecki
07-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Asalamu alaikum wa rahmahtullahi wa barakatuh.
I've recently been asked by a non-Muslim friend of mine, about Muslims marrying non-Muslims (of course, however, he is baiting to call Islam discriminatory). I told him it's halal for Muslim men to marry 'people of the book', and that Muslim females can only marry Muslim males. Which is fine, but I also added that I think (and stressed don't know).
After a bit of eFatwa poking around while I have found some that do stress the importance of the conditions, most I've found seem to neglect them.

Can anyone clear this up for me?
What are the conditions?
How important are they, and should they be stressed further?

JazakhAllahu kheir.

Wa'Salam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
07-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Not just any woman. The woman must be chaste.

Allah (s.w.t.) said:

This day are (all) good things made lawful for you. The food of those who have received the Scripture is lawful for you, and your food is lawful for them. And so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those who have received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when you give them their marriage portions and live with them in honor, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines. Whoso denies the faith, his work is vain and he will be among the losers in the Hereafter. [Qur'an: Al-Ma'idah (5:5)].

http://www.islamfortoday.com/interfaithmarriage.htm

sur
07-07-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/910137-post3.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/904159-post28.html

Trinitarians make Jesus & HolySpirit as partners with GOD Almighty. So u decide for urself whether thay r "Mushrikeen" or NOT.....

Quran very very clearly prohibit us from marrying mushrikeen.
Quran:2:221:

وَلَا تَنكِحُواْ ٱلۡمُشۡرِكَـٰتِ.....

So marriage with trinitarian christians is NOT allowed. Muslim men can marry ONLY UNItarian christians who r few & far between. Or jews for that matter.

=============================
Ahl-e-Kitaab / ppl of Book(POB) refer to ppl who were given scriptures before Qur'aan. Irrespective of fact whether those scriptures r in true form or fiddled with.

Being Mushrik is a seperate issue. Like a Doctor can be male or female. Similarly POB can be a Mushrik or a non-Mushrik. Even a Muslim can be a Mushrik that's why Prophet Muhammad(saw) said in Hadees that "Any one of my followers who died without doing Shirk..............." So this proves that even followers of Muhammad can commit Shirk.

In another post of mine i proved that all muslims who seek intercession of "Dead" like of "Ali(ra)" or of "Sufis" or even of Prophet Muhammad(saww) etc etc, ALL r commitig shirk.

So POB can be non-Mushrik e.g.,
(Out of believers of Eesa/Jesus):- Unitarian christians, Sabians, Arians, Messianic Jews
& Jews(Rejectors of Eesa).

& POB can be Mushrik like Trinitarian Christians.

Like scriptures of Hindus stress on ONEness of God Almighty, still they worship idols, similarly OT & NT stress on ONEness of God still some follow that rightly while others(Trinitarians) take things metaphorical, Literally, that too in selective cases only. e.g., bible calls son of god to many prophets & angels etc etc, but Trinitarians take it literally ONLY for Eesa.

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

Just by the way; Quran says in one place that we can Marry "Chaste" women out of POB; while in a prior verse Quran says that we should NOT marry "Mushrikeen & Mushrikaat" (Mushrik men & mushrik women).

So to marry a "Trinitarian" either we'll have to believe that they do NOT commit shirk, or we'll have to change definition of "Mushrik".

Another thing is that word(Muhsinaat) translated as "Chaste women" also means "Righteous/Virtuous women". So this translation implies that "Righteous" will be those out of POB who don't commit shirk.!!!!!

format_quote Originally Posted by sur
Further evidence that "TRI-nitarians" r NOT allowed,, by this Hadees:-

Bukhari:63:209.:-
Narated By Nafi' : Whenever Ibn 'Umar was asked about marrying a Christian lady or a Jewess, he would say: "Allah has made it unlawful for the believers to marry ladies who ascribe partners in worship to Allah, and I do not know of a greater thing, as regards to ascribing partners in worship, etc. to Allah, than that a lady should say that Jesus is her Lord although he is just one of Allah's slaves."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.