/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making dua to destroy/ruin people

Sari
07-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Is this allowed? I had never imagined it would be allowed and even when i had a really bad enemy i never made dua to bring her harm, but just to stop her doing the bad things, and eventually made dua to make her happy so that she does not feel the need to make others unhappy.

But today whilst looking for duas i found this, and in it Dua 138 is a dua to destroy your enemies.

<Link Removed>

I am puzzled, is this allowed as it is leaving it to Allah to destroy him as he pleases? But yet there is bad intention there surely to want to destroy someone. I'm not sure i feel comfortable with making a dua like that, i have always believed through Islamic teachings that bringing harm onto others is bad and to pray for them to find goodness within themselves.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sari
07-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I didn't know that, thankyou for pointing that out. Where can i find good similar duas from a Sunni source?

- IqRa -
07-07-2009, 02:30 PM
http://www.makedua.com/

Also read the red link in my sig inshaAllah, the Etiquette and Adab of making Du'a.

convert
07-07-2009, 02:31 PM
The prophet (saw) did make dua to destroy people.

http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=113

That site contails the duas listed in "Hisnul Muslim" (i.e. fortress of the muslim) which is a collection of authentic duas.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
07-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh yeh, didn't the Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam make dua 3 times; '"O Allah, destroy the Quraish?"

:BeRightBack: with a reference...

Yup He did...here you go...

17. To Repeat the Du'a three times

It is preferable to repeat you Du’a three times as it is more likely to be answered. It shows a sense of urgency in obtaining what is asked for. The act of repeating a du'a three times is narrated in many ahadith.

One reported by ibn Mas'ud (radiAllahu anhu) states that when the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) finished his prayer, he raised his voice, and prayed against the leaders of the Quraish who had persecuted him - when they placed the abdominal contents of a camel on his back whilst in sajdah, and that whenever he made a du'a, he repeated it 3 times. So he then said, 'O Allah! Upon you is (the retaliation) of the Quraish' (3 times).
Source

lordvader
07-07-2009, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
The prophet (saw) did make dua to destroy people.

http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=113

That site contails the duas listed in "Hisnul Muslim" (i.e. fortress of the muslim) which is a collection of authentic duas.

Salam All

Even if The prophet (saw) did make dua
it was for there protection

NOT cos of jealousy or to be better than them

in todays world people do this for the wrong reasons (i belive)

If im doing my Farz, I belive Allah will protect me

Just speaking my heartout

Sari
07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Yes, i think this is why i will refrain from using a dua like that ever, i don't want to destroy anyone and the Prophet SAW had the wisdom and extreme situations for which he was able to decide the best course of action. I'm not sure if we could ever do any good by wanting to destroy someone.

So should i not use any of the duas that are in the first link i posted seen as i am Sunni?
And are there any other good duas for protection of enemies and their actions towards you.

index123
07-07-2009, 09:36 PM
yea the prophet made that dua cause those people were at war with him... I think you should only make such a dua in self defense.. like if someone threatens you even then I would just ask for protection.Plus the prophet probly had a better since of who was deserving of such a dua although knowing the knid of person he was he prolly had made many duas for the mercy before he was forced to make that one.

Salahudeen
07-08-2009, 12:13 AM
It's permissable to make dua against some 1 when they have wronged you, abused you, taken away your rights or opressed you. I've also seen a lot of dua's where the Imam's of the kabba are making dua to Allah to destroy the state of Israel. You can't help but make dua against people when they abuse you and take away your rights.

Ali_008
07-09-2009, 05:21 PM
:sl:
There's a Hadeeth which says that the curse of the one who is oppressed is always accepted even if the oppressed is a Mushrik.
I don't think there's anything wrong in asking Allah to crush inhumanity and injustice in the worst way as desired by Allah.
And even in the Qur'an, Moosa (Alayhi Salaam) and Haarun (Alayhi Salaam) prayed against Fir'awn in Surah Hud, verse 88 and 89

And Musa (Moses) said: "Our Lord! You have indeed bestowed on Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his chiefs splendour and wealth in the life of this world, our Lord! That they may lead men astray from Your Path. Our Lord! Destroy their wealth, and harden their hearts, so that they will not believe until they see the painful torment."

89. Allah said: "Verily, the invocation of you both is accepted. So you both keep to the Straight Way (i.e. keep on doing good deeds and preaching Allah's Message with patience), and follow not the path of those who know not (the truth i.e. to believe in the Oneness of Allah, and also to believe in the Reward of Allah: Paradise, etc.)."

Sari
07-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Whay do you reccomend i do then, i don't want to ruin the person, just stop them and remove them and their effects from my life, but allow them to be happy and do good themselves inshaAllah. I would like a specific powerfull dua if possible.

- IqRa -
07-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Just make dua Allah helps you and guides them to the straight path?

glo
07-10-2009, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Just make dua Allah helps you and guides them to the straight path?
Good post.

Also, why not make dua that God will deal with those who have wronged you as he sees fit - after all, he is just and merciful, and he is not biased as our human minds are ...

Imagine finding out one day that those you thought had wronged you, actually meant well?
Or realising that it was you who was at fault? :-[

Sari
07-11-2009, 11:28 PM
That is completely right but in this case it is someone openly wanting to cause harm to my life.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.