/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

Periwinkle18
07-07-2009, 04:18 PM
:sl:

i hav this friend who wants to know if smoking is haram?? i duno m really worried shes not into it i need alot of info on it. i want all the disadvantages n plz tell me if its really harmful for gurls.i need ur help guys :)

JazakAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
07-08-2009, 04:46 AM
:salamext:
Islamic scholars have historically had mixed views about tobacco, and until recently, there has not been a clear, unanimous fatwa (legal opinion) to allow or forbid cigarette smoking. The mixed views on the subject came about because cigarettes are a more recent invention and did not exist at the time of the revelation of the Qur'an in the 7th century A.D. Therefore, one cannot find a verse of Qur'an, or words of the Prophet Muhammad, saying clearly that "cigarette smoking is forbidden." However, there are many instances where the Qur'an gives us general guidelines, and calls upon us to use our reason and intelligence, and seek guidance from Allah about what is right and wrong. Islamic scholars use their knowledge and judgment to make new legal rulings (fatwa). In the Qur'an, Allah says, “...he [the Prophet] commands them what is just, and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good, and prohibits them from what is bad..." (Qur'an 7:157). In more recent times, as the dangers of tobacco use have come to be proven beyond any doubt, scholars have become more unanimous in pronouncing tobacco use clearly haram (forbidden) to believers. They now use the strongest terms to condemn this habit. Here is a clear example: "In view of the harm caused by tobacco, growing, trading in and smoking of tobacco are judged to be haram (forbidden). The Prophet, peace be upon him, is reported to have said, 'Do not harm yourselves or others.' Furthermore, tobacco is unwholesome, and God says in the Qur'an that the Prophet, peace be upon him, 'enjoins upon them that which is good and pure, and forbids them that which is unwholesome'"
(Permanent Committee of Academic Research and Fatwa, Saudi Arabia).

Source:islam.about.com

Insha'Allah this might be helpful.

:w:

Periwinkle18
07-08-2009, 02:23 PM
JazakAllah bro :) i also need info abt its harmful effects 0n girls.

Trumble
07-08-2009, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
JazakAllah bro :) i also need info abt its harmful effects 0n girls.
It's harmful effects are not dependent on sex, although I suppose girls wouldn't suffer from a reduced sperm count!

Smoking is expensive, addictive, anti-social and kills around 114,000 people in the UK each year, most of them in a very unpleasant fashion. I don't know what you smoke in Pakistan but it seems unlikely they are any less harmful. In other words, the verdict of the scholars is rather beside the point; it's a stupid thing to do either way.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
07-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Ppl usually sm0ke cigarretes n a thing calld sheesha.

Yanal
07-15-2009, 12:07 AM
:sl:

What language is 'sheesha' from?

In Urdu it means glass:?.

:w:

Periwinkle18
07-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes it means glas in urdu buh they changd the name hukkah to sheesha i gues they tink it s0unds c0ol :p i need m0re info plz

Helma
03-30-2023, 06:53 PM
+o( I not sure what seesha is but good to know what not to do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.