/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bio Data CV

Mujahidah4Allah
07-08-2009, 09:59 AM
:s:

I need help, well this might be a useful thread for others...anyway... my brother wants me to write a character reference for him for his Biodata [marriage cv] and i have NO IDEA how to start and what to write... any help will be appreciated as he want it asap ... :exhausted

wa/salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
07-08-2009, 10:02 AM
:salamext:

That's hilarious...there is such a thing as marriage CV?

How does that work, do you post your C.V to the wali and CC it to the sister/brother...? So when is he/she called for the interview..?

(I hope that didn't sound rude)

aadil77
07-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Serious, I thought it was a joke that reffered to the kind of 'specs' of a person

Mujahidah4Allah
07-08-2009, 10:11 AM
:sl:

yes there is a such a thing... no i wont be biased because i'll write the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth! It's generally given to the family, rather than wasting time and doing research...

now some help please... how would i start...

wa/salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
07-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Are references required..?

Mujahidah4Allah
07-08-2009, 10:21 AM
^ well it depends if they [the person or the family] seek it... like i said its an easier way rather than researching and getting wrong info...

wa/salam

'Abd-al Latif
07-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Why don't they do it the normal way and call the guy over and just speak to him? Isn't marriage C.V. just another step that makes marriage even more complicated that it already is now-a days?

It's much more respectable to speak to the family inperson then to write a C.V.

Mujahidah4Allah
07-08-2009, 10:31 AM

:-\ you do still have to see in person e.g. you want to get married, someone says 'i know someone' then they want information in a way without the family being sooo informed and getting exited over something which may not work out... you are then given the cv and find out more about her... then you want to see her because you're interested in her.. then you may get married... ofcourse the guardian of the girl will have to be involved..

wa/salam

Mujahidah4Allah
07-08-2009, 10:55 AM

hurray done and dusted and i hope he doesnt send it back to me to be re edited ... If this thread is useful for others then keep if not you can close...!

wa/salam

convert
07-08-2009, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
:salamext:

That's hilarious...there is such a thing as marriage CV?

How does that work, do you post your C.V to the wali and CC it to the sister/brother...? So when is he/she called for the interview..?

(I hope that didn't sound rude)
I had always heard jokes about how Bengalis do this. Well, I laughed it off until I began speaking to a Bengali family about marrying their daughter. Lo and behold....

haha its the weirdest thing. Its like a marriage resume.

Mujahidah4Allah
07-08-2009, 11:05 AM
^ yes i found it freakly weird...

just to note... if any of you do do one then please dont make it look like a TV manual! And edit...dont use Tipp-Ex

wa/salam

S_87
07-08-2009, 11:12 AM
what kind of stuff do you write in it and do women do it too?

crayon
07-08-2009, 11:23 AM
^I got curious and googled, found this.

Hehe...Very weird and amusing. To each their own, I guess.

"Don't call us, we'll call you!" ;D

aadil77
07-08-2009, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
what kind of stuff do you write in it and do women do it too?
well the complexed asians probably want something like this:

name:
eyecolour:
skin colour:
body fat percentage:
bmi number:
no of different food dishes I can cook:

abu_musab461
07-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Its a bengali thing... :)

Nájlá
07-08-2009, 04:01 PM
LOL this is so weird....

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
well the complexed asians probably want something like this:

name:
eyecolour:
skin colour:
body fat percentage:
bmi number:
no of different food dishes I can cook:
lol this reminds me of Baba Ali's match makers video. Its so funny!

Muezzin
07-08-2009, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
haha its the weirdest thing. Its like a marriage resume.
There should be marriage application forms.

'Tell us about any of your previous first-hand experience of marriage life.

-Is this a trick question?

Tell us about a time you had to work as part of a team.

-Huh?

Suggest three ways we could improve our organisation.

-Organisation? Are you ninjas?'

Najm
07-08-2009, 05:13 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Yeah ive seen loads BioData before!!!

You have to jot your name, age, education, current job, Your dad's and mum's name with their addresses. Also give your backhome addresses. <<< They do all these background checks :enough!:

Sometimes people attach a picture, or even a video of them(home videos or like when they went to a wedding) :skeleton:

:raging::raging::raging:

FiAmaaniAllah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I would never write that up. Seriously. Unless she was like the girl of my dreams or something..even then. :-\

IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2009, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah

I need help, well this might be a useful thread for others...anyway... my brother wants me to write a character reference for him for his Biodata [marriage cv] and i have NO IDEA how to start and what to write... any help will be appreciated as he want it asap ... :exhausted

wa/salam
well just put in the usual.

you know, family details - location - birth location - area back home - area round your present living place - occupation - education - interests - aspirations

that should cover it.

Assalamu Alaikum

ps: i will NEVER do this

Banu_Hashim
07-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Haha... Marriage CV's. Nowadays it does sounds like an application process. I think somebody already said it, but as soon as I saw this thread I thought of Baba Ali's video on marriage interviews.

Media Tags are no longer supported

abu_musab461
07-09-2009, 01:43 AM
nice vid

Ummu Sufyaan
07-09-2009, 06:58 AM

I need help, well this might be a useful thread for others...anyway... my brother wants me to write a character reference for him for his Biodata [marriage cv] and i have NO IDEA how to start and what to write... any help will be appreciated as he want it asap ...

wa/salam
out of all strange things i've heard surrounding marriage and weddings, this would have to take the cake, i think...oh wait, scrap that ive heard worse :X

Re.TiReD
07-09-2009, 02:35 PM
APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO MARRY MY Child
(dating is not an option, its un-Islamic)

NOTE: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history, lineage, religious affiliation and current medical report from your doctor.

1. NAME_________________________________ DATE OF BIRTH____________

2. HEIGHT__________ WEIGHT__________ I.Q. _________ G.P.A._________ NET WORTH ___________

3. SOCIAL SECURITY#___________________DRIVERS LICENSE # __________

4. RANK AT THE MOSQUE _______________________WHAT ROW DO YOU PRAY IN FOR JAMMAT___________________

5. HOME ADDRESS_____________________CITY/STATE_________ZIP/POST CODE_______

6. Does your father have more than one wife? __________

What rank is your mother in your father's harem?_________________

7. Number of years parents married _____________________________________

8. Do you own a camel?_____ A 7-11 or similar enterprise?____ Drive a taxi cab?_________

9. In 50 words or less, what does KHILAFAH mean to you?

__________________________________________________ ____________________

__________________________________________________ ____________________

__________________________________________________ _____________________

10. In 50 words or less, what does the concept of HIJAB mean to you?

__________________________________________________ ______________________

11. In 50 words or less, what does JIHAD and religious martyrdom mean to you?

12. Mosque you attend? ________________________ How often?___________

13. When would be the best time to interview your father, mother, uncle, aunt, cousins, neighbors and mullah?

14. Answer by filling in the blank please answer freely - all answers are confidential ( That means tell me so I can tell the whole community).

A. If I were shot, the last place on my body I would want to be wounded is ______________

B. The best place to detonate a bomb is___________________________

C. A womans place is in the_______________________________________________ _

D. The one thing I hope ALLAH does not ask me about on the Day of Judgement is ___________________________

E. The last time I sat at the HOOKA was_____________

F. When I first meet a girl, the thing I notice about her first is _______________________
(NOTE If answer begins with a T, H(ijab, that is) or A, discontinue and get back on your camel; keeping your head low and running in a serpentine fashion is advised).

G. The land of Palestine should be returned to__________

H. I face Mecca ______ time(s) a day.

I. I drink ______ cup(s) of tea a day.

J. I eat with my ______hands ______ kitchen utensils (please check one)

K. Your daughter's dowry is worth

_______her weight in gold

_______the weight of my mother

_______forty camels

_______There is no measure

L. Upon marriage, my wife and I will live (check all that apply)

__________ in an apartment

__________ in a BIG home

__________ with my parents

__________ with her parents

__________ with my other wife(s)

__________ all of the above

15. Are you a Doctor or an Engineer?______________________________________

I SWEAR BY ALLAH THAT ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF
MY KNOWLEDGE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH

Signature (that means write your name, camel jockey)

.................................................. ............................

Thank you for your interest. Please allow four to six years for processing. You will be contacted in writing if you are approved.

Please do not try to call or write (since you probably can't, and it would cause you injury) not that I would tell my daughter if a boy called ANYWAY. If your application is rejected you will be notified by two gentlemen wearing white turbans and carrying gun cases (You might want to watch your back, we come from a crazy peoples).

(This is a joke application)

Uthman
07-09-2009, 02:40 PM
I had no idea things like this existed! How interesting.

I'm glad you managed to complete the reference anyway sister.

Banu_Hashim
07-09-2009, 03:18 PM
^^ Lol, that is hilarious.

Your daughter's dowry is worth
_______the weight of my mother.
hmm...

Intisar
07-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Lol I've heard of this before, people take themselves way too seriously. :rollseyes Or rather, parent's take their kids as ''prized'' possessions.

No wonder it's so hard for youngins to get married. You got people asking you to fill out a marriage CV.

Asiyah3
07-10-2009, 01:44 PM
This is very interesting :), though not something I'd want

Najm
07-10-2009, 05:54 PM

SubhaanAllah! Its a minor issue.

No-one should mind writing down simply their:

name, age, education, current job, Your dad's and mum's name with their addresses. Also give your backhome addresses.

It should only take 5 minutes to type up.

Its only the most basic details. Makes things easier.

The problem comes when people want details of everything, pictures, videos.:raging::raging:

FiAmaaniAllah

Güven
07-10-2009, 06:08 PM
What happened to the old times when the parents came together
and had a nice talk with some chai(tea) and cookies and get to know each other and all that? :-[

you will never truly get to know a person by a piece of paper, right?

Najm
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
and had a nice talk with some chai(tea) and cookies and get to know each other and all that? :-[

you will never truly get to know a person by a piece of paper, right?

Your right. The thing is by having the CV. What the parents do is first do background checks etc and then if they are happy then they approuch the spouse to be.

Just like with a job interview, some prefer to get the references out of the way.:rollseyes

FiAmaaniAllah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-11-2009, 03:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
With the sister walking in, all shy and everything, bringing in the chai and biscuits? I'm not a fan of that..it's as if they expect you to fall in love with her as you see her serving you or something with all the aunties and uncles sitting around chatting and winking at each other while so obviously pointing at the guy and girl!:skeleton:

Banu_Hashim
07-11-2009, 11:05 AM
^lol @ the winking.

Güven
07-11-2009, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik
With the sister walking in, all shy and everything, bringing in the chai and biscuits? I'm not a fan of that..it's as if they expect you to fall in love with her as you see her serving you or something with all the aunties and uncles sitting around chatting and winking at each other while so obviously pointing at the guy and girl!:skeleton:
Yeh that's the one im talking :D

really, no I thought it was cool atleast you get to know what kinda family she has and if they are compatible with my family and let's not forget about the free cookies and chai :p:

but it MUST be extremely embarrassing though. :exhausted

alcurad
07-12-2009, 09:47 AM
lol & behold, this is the future.. do they really ask about all that stuff though?
can't we,,just marry O_O *sigh*

go shopping with a girl & maybe have dinner and you'll know her a lot better than the other stuff, just a thought, never done it..
I'm too young for this anyway:/

alcurad
07-12-2009, 09:48 AM
so, how many of you guys know how to cook?

Ummu Sufyaan
07-12-2009, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik
that tradition has never failed to irritate me. i feel sorry for her...it would be scary enough to her that she has to meet a potential, let alone bring in chai all red faced, and to top off have people stare at the both of them.

i dont like how she brings in the chai anyway becuase the first thing that the guy must be thinking is her "serving potential," as you mentioned. but what about the other way around, whats he got to show? stupidness!

Najm
07-12-2009, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad

i know only the very basic and can follow a book lol. i would enjoy the wife teaching me:statisfie

FiAmaaniAllah

Bub
07-12-2009, 01:39 PM
wow! i never heard like this before- a CV... interesting. I though meeting with families etc etc... im planning to getting marry inshaAllah but my family make it difficult for me =[

Raaina
07-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Haha some of those were funny to read.. :)

Banu_Hashim
07-12-2009, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
Basic stuff; eggs, stuff you put in the oven like lasagne, pizza etc. lol. It can't be that hard to cook meals once you know the steps...

Ansariyah
07-14-2009, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
Lol I've heard of this before, people take themselves way too seriously. :rollseyes Or rather, parent's take their kids as ''prized'' possessions.

No wonder it's so hard for youngins to get married. You got people asking you to fill out a marriage CV.
Exactly my sentiments, who on earth fills a questionare? Wat happened to getting to know the person like for real, talking to them. It's like u are marrying a paper, no thanks.:rollseyes

Imagine everyone will be trying their best to appear righteous, super duper holy on those papers. Disaster!

SADEK27
07-15-2009, 01:15 AM
ASSALAM to all.
You can look around and find a good sister in the Masjid for him.
We should help to build a Muslim family

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.