/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Imaan Boost Plz!

AnonymousPoster
07-08-2009, 05:27 PM
:sl:
Does anybody feel like they're stuck at the same level (of faith) and can't get to the next. I mean I try to do everything im supposed to. At times I just feel sort of helpless, Like im not doing something right. Don't get me wrong I want to ANYTHING I can to better myself, to make my Imaan feel high again. Lately I haven't been having that feeling. And it's starting to get to me.

So does anyone have ANY advice on what you do when your Imaan feels low, and normal (to some extent.).
I apologize that this isn't one of the most important and pressing situations here.

But I want to feel my Imaan high again. imsad

Any Advice?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
i normally get imaan boosts when i hack down on sins - we all make em - so find one and hack it up :D

- Qatada -
07-08-2009, 06:17 PM
asalaam alaikum

try doing more good deeds, deeds which u've never done before.. and make more du'a to Allah for more things.. insha Allah it will increase.

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ighlight=flame

Tony
07-08-2009, 06:35 PM
lots of extra rakaats at isha:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
love_quran
07-08-2009, 07:19 PM
helpful

Layla454
07-08-2009, 07:38 PM

Read the Qur'an and also read it in your own language so you understand what you are reading and listen to lectures. These can really boost your iman

AnonymousPoster
07-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Jazakallah Khair for all the replies. I guess my low emaan is probaly bcause of my little slipups. Insha'Allah I'll use all the advice given here. I just feel angry over the fact I know I CAN sin, and that I DO and WILL.

I feel weak.

rk9414
07-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I suggest reading on some of the stories of the sahaba and companions of the prophet. Here's a collection of a few related ebooks: http://www.scribd.com/people/documen...4/folder/99230

AnonymousPoster
07-09-2009, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl:
Does anybody feel like they're stuck at the same level (of faith) and can't get to the next. I mean I try to do everything im supposed to. At times I just feel sort of helpless, Like im not doing something right. Don't get me wrong I want to ANYTHING I can to better myself, to make my Imaan feel high again. Lately I haven't been having that feeling. And it's starting to get to me.

So does anyone have ANY advice on what you do when your Imaan feels low, and normal (to some extent.).
I apologize that this isn't one of the most important and pressing situations here.

But I want to feel my Imaan high again. imsad

Any Advice?
completely get what you mean. im *intending* on staring a little "log" where i write down what i want to get accomplished per day and tick it off as i get them done. that way, since they are on paper, i can see them right in front of me and its a motivation cos i can see what i've done/haven't done and see whether ive fulfilled my goals. otherwise ill just forget and get annoyed with myself that i haven't accomplished anything and my iman will stay the same, or decrease.

ahhh a low iman stinks :(

AnonymousPoster
07-09-2009, 08:30 AM
JazakaAllah for the reply. ^ I actually do keep a sort of 'log', just a set of goals I want to reach, and your right it's great motivation, It's just a matter of getting it done.

Ditto Low Imaan does stink

muslimah1234
07-09-2009, 11:13 PM
i know exactly wot u mean. epsecially wen you hav so much free time on your hands and you hav nothing else to keep you bisy and you realise how low your faith....you know wot i tink it is. being born a muslim. parents tend to tell you all they can about islam at a young age and when you get older they dont bother or they dont hav that much knowledge themselves. so you have to actively go out and seek it for yourself. that is the hard bit! now i see all these converts who hav such a passion for islam its amazing alhum. i wish i wus the same!! i really really wantd to go 2 umrah this year and i knew going on this journey wud instantly increase my imaan and love for islam but unfortunatly i havnt bin able to go. so instead ive been trying to increase my knowledge of islam by reading various books and reading more quran. also try and read salah with total concentration and learn the meaning of it and make your duas more specific and think about what you want in life and how your preparing for the hereafter. try think bout death more and also inshAllah keep 3 fasts per month and fasting for me increases my imaan automatically! you appreciate everyting so much more esp now since i have holidays and im eating so much junk food and snacks i tend to forget those who have nothing. hope that helps!! inshAllah our imaan will increase!!

- IqRa -
07-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Just live each day to the best you can. You don't have to do anything extraordinary, you can do that when your Imaan is really high, if you understand me.

Take it step by step, don't rush yourself.

nebula
07-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Do dua to Allah to increase your Imaan and make you steadfast. Try remembering Jannah and remebering Hell fire constantly, you ever burnt your hand whilst doing wudu with hot water? then think how hot Hell fire will be! If ur a bro i recommend you remember jannah especially hoor al ayn :P and the food which will taste better every time you eat it. Constantly remember the incentives and rewards that Allah has promised us if we stay on the straight path and remember death because its the destroyer of pleasures.

AnonymousPoster
07-13-2009, 11:01 AM
AsasalamuAlykum.

I will definatly take each and every advice written here and use it Insha'Allah.

@ Muslimah1234, That is EXACTLY how I feel. I have too much spare time on my hands especially with the summer holiday's. I do try and use it wisely, I can feel my imaan rising again with just the small changes im trying to make SubhanAllah. I'll take you advice about the fasting Insha'Allah.

@ T.I.A. That's my problem I try to over-do myself, and ending up dissapointed. Insha'Allah small steps first.

@Nebula JazakAllah for the reply, I find that when I do read up n Paradise and hell, It's a great booster, knowing what could be in store for you if you stay steadifast. Im actually a sister, but thinking about jannat is a good idea.

May Allah Bless every one of you, keep you Imaan at it's hightest always, and grant you Jannat-Al-Firdaws. Insha'Allah.

- IqRa -
07-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.