/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tired of losing motivation for worship

mathematician
07-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Ok maybe I should have put this into the advice section, but I thought it
would be more appropriate here.
I get so annoyed when I lose motivation for worshipping Allah.
For example, about one week a year I get super motivation. I don't know
but I wake up and wanting to please Allah is all I want. It's like what Allah
wants is what I want, and what Allah hates I just cannot bring myself to even have thoughts of it for a few seconds.

Then guess what, about 7 to 10 days later surprise surprise I still continue
worshipping Allah but not with my heart. It only becomes my body and mind.
I get so angry to be honest because I don't think I commit any sins.
During that "super motivation" week I don't want to die. I want to live for Allah. But when that motivation goes away honestly I don't want to live.

This is meant to be a sad letter. I miss those super motivation days.
I can swear by Allah that during those short periods of time it was almost impossible for me to commit ANY sin. I was so careful and conscious of my actions and thoughts.

I just want the motivation to worship Allah to stay with me until I die. Is that too much to ask for? imsad
And please note, when I say is it too much to ask for I am asking a genuine question.
Is it unrealistic to have motivation to worship Allah through your heart until you die?

Anyone here with success stories? That is, if you say for example if you say do this and that and you know you yourself have actually done it and noticed a change.

I wish I could get that part of me back. This is a sad letter. It was only in those "super motivation" times that I actually felt that was the Real Me.:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
liya
07-08-2009, 11:47 PM
dont be harsh on youself its a normal thing .... sometimes u feel u want to do wat ever u can to please Allah subhanaho wa tala but other times it becomes less but its still inside some where u just need to bring it again .... sometimes shaytan make us feel depressed in order to stop doing anything gud .... and remeber this could be a test .... its normal belive me .... but try bit by bit dont be super excited take it easy .... and keep asking Allah for more guidness ..... try to do something for the sake of Allah everyday in your life like 4 ex: try help some1 in need if u can today ...tomorrow if ur mum asks u to do something even if u r busy try ur best nd help her and kiss her hand tell her i love u mum for the sake of Allah ..... try to please Allah in ur daily life day after day it will be easy nd an important part of your life insha allah ...... for me wen Allah guide me to do something for his sake i feel so happy nd i wish i die doing something good .... dont forget always pray :D

Salahudeen
07-09-2009, 02:12 AM
hmm I find reading ayat al kursi 3 times after every prayer helps me

- IqRa -
07-10-2009, 09:14 AM
I get so angry to be honest because I don't think I commit any sins.
Please don't think you didn't committ any sin-We all committ sins day and night, knowingly and unknowingly.

Think about what motivated you in the first place brother, and try and do those actions again.

We all have our ups and downs in Imaan, but Allah always makes us pull through.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
arfabanu
07-10-2009, 09:27 AM
assalamvalaikum brother,

This is a test for u from Allah ,Allah will check hm much ur motivated to him and worship him, Brother ask Allah help to take out ur shaitaans which is been troubling u.

Salamvalaikum

Caller الداعي
07-10-2009, 09:31 AM
salam bro
mashallah its good to see that u have love for worship and becoming close to allah and thiis is nothing new i mean fluctuatingsometimes high sometimes low this was something thatmsome ofmthe sahabah complained abt and infact this is one of the tests insaan (man) has to face in life otherwise tllah will help u here would b no sacrifice for allahs sake .
I think the best thing would bto read abt the lives of the sahabah recite more of the quran daily take time out to remba alllah and stay away from sins and protect ur gaze insahllah if u try thias

Ali_008
07-13-2009, 01:32 PM
:sl:
Its absolutely normal. It happens, its either a trial or shaytan's cheap trick. When you feel low, keep on reciting one or the other dua or Allahuakbar, Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, Laa Ilaaha Illa Allah or at least Aoozu billahi minasshaitaanirrajeem. That helps me a lot of times. Sending Durood on the Prophet is another option. I know it gets heavy but the Sahaba as great as Abu Bakr Siddiq (RadhiAllahu Anhu) had this problem.

Once a Sahabi came and said to Abu Bakr (RadhiAllahu Anhu) "I'm a Hypocrite". To this Abu Bakr (RadhiAllahu Anhu) replied "Subhanallah! What makes you say that?" The Sahabi said something like I have faith only when I'm around/with Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam) and Abu Bakr (RadhiAllahu Anhu) identified with this situation of his and both of them reported this to Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam). When Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam) heard this, he said "A Believer's faith keeps going up and down and successful is the one who prevents his faith from going low and keeps it up."

Have faith. Its a test. Even reciting "Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raajioon" helps. Its mostly read when you hear about someone's demise but the Quran says that it should be recited at times of trouble which require great patience. It states in Surah Baqarah v156-157

156. Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return"

157. They are those on whom (Descend) blessings from Allah, and Mercy, and they are the ones that receive guidance.

~ Sabr ~
01-30-2012, 02:35 PM
:salamext:

:bump:

Same question.

Who Am I?
01-30-2012, 06:47 PM

This has been a problem for me as well.

I became interested in Islam about a year ago and I started to study it. Eventually I took shahada in June and was really excited about everything for a month or so.

Then I got overwhelmed, and tired, and frustrated, and then I got angry, and I quit everything for a while.

I am now trying to find my way back, but I am taking my time with it, and trying not to listen to those who tell me to do more.

Riana17
01-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Asalam Alaikkum

I have the same problem, though alhamdollellah I can avoid committing serious/major or horrible sins, I still want to have the best feeling when worshipping Allah (Salah/prayer)

On the other hand, I still feel the same happiness when I make people comfortable or make them smile or if they think I treat I treat them with respect and kindness. Because I know this is teaching of Islam, I do not like to challenge Allah or trying to be evil sometimes, alhamdollelah I can avoid that and Allah swt continue to show me what's right & wrong.
I feel Allah is little pleased with me when I end my day without troubling anyone.

But in Salah, I feel like I am a robot, i lost concentration, I know I have to be serious in learning Arabic, I think I have to do something about it...
My husband is Arabic, my niece and people around me speaks Arabic but I dont know why I dont learn :( :( :(

May Allah bless us with stable Imaan, Amen

Sunshine824
01-30-2012, 10:05 PM
As Salaamu Alaikum;

I think we have all suffered in this way and it is indeed a test. Here are 2 things that worked for me:

1-*Be consistant!

Don't worship or read Quran or do dhikr only when you're motivated. Make it a consistant part of your life. How many times does it say in the Quran that fasting and salaah are prescribed for you so that you can become al-muttaqoon(the pious)? It's not only al-muttaqoon who do these things. It is all of us and through the actions insha Allah, Allah SWT will bless us with the inspiration and motivation to do more.

Think of this way: If you want to catch a bus do you only go when you feel like waiting for it or do you go when it's scheduled to arrive at your stop? If you go at times when it's scheduled to arrive you'll have more of a chance of catching it even if you have to wait a few minutes. However, if you only show up when you feel like it there may not be another bus for hours.

Likewise, we should make all of our salaah on time every day, make dhikr every day, fast during Ramadan and at other times when we are able, give in charity when we can. The more we do these acts the more we will be blessed by Allah SWT with motivation to continue insha Allah. There will still be low times, but if you're consistant the high times will come back more quickly and regularly.

2-*Start small.

Don't overwhelm or over burden yourself because you're feeling motivated. Make today the day that you start making all of your salaah on time. Make it the moment you decide you will read Quran every day even if it's only 1 page. Fast on that day to remind yourself that there are blessings in it and it's not as hard as you think because Allah SWT blesses you when you're fasting. Just make your fardh if you are not ready to make all of the sunnah every day. Insha Allah through completing your obligational acts to Allah SWT He will bless you with the ability to also perform sunnah and then nafl acts as well once your Iman is built up.

I hope this helps someone insha Allah. :)

KDhieb
02-16-2012, 05:27 AM
very nice advice, thank you for sharing !!

Sothis Girl
02-16-2012, 03:53 PM
I'd like to add......

3* - Count Your Blessings!

Imagine that Allah had been so merciful to give us food, family, money, lover, education, health, and to smallest thing like a well-functioned five senses, the air we breath is zero-cost, and even becoming muslim is our greatest gift not everyone can enjoy. And out of this huge blessings, all The Almighty asked is one : to worship only to HIM. Is that too much? that we thanked Him for these blessings?

4* - Read Qur'an heartily

I have my ups and downs recently, and becoming so lazy. Reading Qur'an actually helps to recharge your faith (iman) and awaken your spirituality as it is the best food for your soul.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.