/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dr Zakir Naik

Tony
07-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Allahs peace and blessings upon this awesome brother, Ameen. So ive just discovered this amazing man, made me cry just qouting Qur'an on Peace tv. The guy is incredible, what can anyone tell me about his education, background etc. He rattled off some Qur'an verses to do with water and science/Islam and is like a computer. awesome:uuh:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aurora
07-08-2009, 11:00 PM
He is not a scholar, is he?

Najm
07-08-2009, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
Allahs peace and blessings upon this awesome brother, Ameen. So ive just discovered this amazing man, made me cry just qouting Qur'an on Peace tv. The guy is incredible, what can anyone tell me about his education, background etc. He rattled off some Qur'an verses to do with water and science/Islam and is like a computer. awesome:uuh:
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Alhamdulilah I watched that programme today. Amazing. :statisfie

His a Student of Knowledge. Excellent in Da'wah. MarshaAllah!

http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=...d=22&Itemid=54

FiAmaaniAllah

ayesha309
07-08-2009, 11:07 PM
He came to my country for a conference during the weekend. I seen him live. It was amazing. He is amazing Masha'Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
07-08-2009, 11:13 PM
thanks brother,cant help thinking if I can be in awe of a mere expert in Islam how blown away I will be when really considering the original, that is Rasulullah (pbuh). How can anyone deny the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) when considering all he gave us and how, this Dr is incredible yetonly studies the Qur'an and teachings, our beloved prophet(pbuh) is truly above all creation and may we all become more like him, Ameen:cry:

IslamicRevival
07-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Salaam. He is brilliant when debating with people from other faiths but i wouldnt trust him when it comes to in depth Islam, IE Talking about the sahaba and Prophet Muhammad PBUH etc

...after he came out with the infamous yazeed comments when he praised the killer of our Prophet Muhammad PBUH grandson Imam Hussain (May Allah SWT be pleased with him)..I became wary of him

Though he has done a fantastic job in preaching Islam

Tony
07-08-2009, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Salaam. He is brilliant when debating with people from other faiths but i wouldnt trust him when it comes to in depth Islam, IE Talking about the sahaba and Prophet Muhammad PBUH etc

...after he came out with the infamous yazeed comments when he praised the killer of our Prophet Muhammad PBUH grandson Imam Hussain (May Allah SWT be pleased with him)..I became wary of him

Though he has done a fantastic job in preaching Islam
no-ones perfect brother:D

ayesha309
07-08-2009, 11:18 PM
^^He doesn't call himself a shaykh, he calls himself a "talib ul-ilm" (student of knowledge) He is a very humble man Masha'Allah and ofcourse has an amazing memory Masha'Allah. So if he does narrate stories of sahabah, its probably becuase he has memorized them. Futhermore, he does do extensive research before he delivers a lecture. As for the Yazeed comments, in my opinion, it just shows he is human. Everybody does make mistakes.

convert
07-08-2009, 11:25 PM
He is neither a scholar nor a taalib ul ilm. However, I put him up there with Shabbir Ally as the foremost experts on comparative religion (kalaam) and none can compare with them in the english speaking world.

GuestFellow
07-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Woah he is so clever. How on Earth he manages to remember so much information. Its crazy. Mashallah!

I wish every Muslim brother and sister learn from Dr Zakir Naik. He put so much effort in spreading the word of Islam and peace. He defended our religion, from ignorant indiviudals. May Allah be pleased with him!!!

Zafran
07-08-2009, 11:36 PM
salaam

Yeah hes not a scholar but is a good dawah person. Hes also good at comparitive religion - I agree with convert hes lik Shabir Ally.

rpwelton
07-08-2009, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha309
He came to my country for a conference during the weekend. I seen him live. It was amazing. He is amazing Masha'Allah
He is amazing. Would this have happened to be the Journey of Faith conference by chance where you saw him? I saw him there this past weekend and masha'Allah that man knows the scriptures of all the major religions in the world.

Dr. Naik gave a lecture on Islam and the media which inspired me so much to dedicate myself to da'wah and counter this negative media response towards Islam.

Banu_Hashim
07-08-2009, 11:42 PM
I would call him a Muslim scholar of Comparative Religion. MashaAllah his debating skills are superb. He has read and memorised vast amounts if not all of the Qur'an, Bible, Torah, Hindu Scriptures and many others. He really does do a lot and comes across as a very humble person. He's a medical doctor by training, but decided to concentrate on his Da'wah activities by establishing his organisation; 'The Islamic Research Foundation' which is associated with Peace TV.

Banu_Hashim
07-08-2009, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
He is neither a scholar nor a taalib ul ilm.
He's not a student of knowledge? Aren't we all students of knowledge? Allah knows best.

Zafran
07-08-2009, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
He's not a student of knowledge? Aren't we all students of knowledge? Allah knows best.
He means that hes not studying under a traditional scholar - and i'm not sure if has Ijazah

Banu_Hashim
07-08-2009, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
He means that hes not studying under a traditional scholar - and i'm not sure if has Ijazah
Right, in that sense probably not. I don't know. I think he's a lot of the time, self taught. So, no, in that sense I don't think he has an ijaza for hadith etc.

Zafran
07-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Right, in that sense probably not. I don't know. I think he's a lot of the time, self taught. So, no, in that sense I don't think he has an ijaza for hadith etc.
I think you need Ijazah with hadiths, tafsirs and if your allowed to give Fatwas.

Banu_Hashim
07-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I think you need Ijazah with hadiths, tafsirs and if your allowed to give Fatwas.
Yeah, I agree. If you're going to publish a tafsir with hadiths, you would need an ijaza to do so. But then, whose qualified to give ijazas and whose not; it becomes a little bit chaotic I would have thought.

Zafran
07-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I agree. If you're going to publish a tafsir with hadiths, you would need an ijaza to do so.
salaam

It also was applied in teaching specifc books by scholars - You even had to sit with a scholar and learn it and then gain Ijazah. Its actually incredible how the scholars have a seriously well established system of preserving the deen and passing it on.

By tafsir Its the actaul tafsir like teaching specific tafsirs to people and passing them on - eg by Al Qurtabi, Ibn Kathir, Jalayan etc.

Banu_Hashim
07-09-2009, 12:09 AM

By tafsir Its the actaul tafsir like teaching specific tafsirs to people and passing them on - eg by Al Qurtabi, Ibn Kathir, Jalayan etc.
Yep, I understand. One book I really want to read is "Al-Bidaya wa'l-Nihaya" by Ibn Kathir. I think it's a series of volumes rather than one book. Or perhaps even one giant book :p.. Sorry, for derailing this thread!

Muslim Woman
07-09-2009, 12:24 AM
:w:

format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
.....after he came out with the infamous yazeed comments when he praised the killer of our Prophet Muhammad PBUH grandson Imam Hussain (May Allah SWT be pleased with him)..I became wary of him..
Can u post his comment ? I heard his many lectures but missed this one.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-09-2009, 12:29 AM
There's a thread here on LI about him. He is awesome indeed mashaAllah.

Edit:

Here it is

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...akir-naik.html

ayesha309
07-09-2009, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
He is amazing. Would this have happened to be the Journey of Faith conference by chance where you saw him? I saw him there this past weekend and masha'Allah that man knows the scriptures of all the major religions in the world.

Dr. Naik gave a lecture on Islam and the media which inspired me so much to dedicate myself to da'wah and counter this negative media response towards Islam.
Yup, thats it! Journey of Faith! It was an awesome conference, and his lecture on Islam and Media touched me as well. I was amazed at how much dawah work he has done with peacetv and also shocked to see how hard chrisntian missionaries are trying to deceive people.

Najm
07-09-2009, 11:50 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah! I remember watching a ramadhan program where he said that he is a student of knowledge.

Allahu Alim

FiAmaaniAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.