/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sour Food!

Beardo
07-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Sour Food! Is it bad for your memory? Can someone confirm and/or give me details?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-09-2009, 02:58 AM
lol depends on what is in your sour food.. does it have lead and mercury?

Beardo
07-09-2009, 03:29 AM
Don't think so. Sour Punch Straws...? That's the candy name.

جوري
07-09-2009, 03:35 AM
lol.. these?

how old are you? j/k
there is nothing wrong with them, I'd stay away from artificial colors and flavors for other reasons all together ... try to have them every now and then, you know don't make a habit out of them..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
07-09-2009, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
lol.. these?

how old are you? j/k
there is nothing wrong with them, I'd stay away from artificial colors and flavors for other reasons all together ... try to have them every now and then, you know don't make a habit out of them..

Are artificial colors bad?

And :X I love sour patches. It's VERY addicting though. :skeleton: I love cadbury chooclate better though.

جوري
07-09-2009, 04:01 AM
yeah my ten year old nephew really loves those things, he is always offering them to me, and other crappy things to be honest I have never developed a taste for candy-- The only thing I enjoy on occasions are those mounds bars dark chocolate with coconuts and I positively detest coconuts -- just their mere scent nauseates me..I know it is an oxymoron...

anyhow to get back to your dilemma there is a carcinogenic potential from artificial colors and flavors though it hasn't been proven in any formal study except for nitrates you know the crap they color processed meats with to give it that red color.. that is definitely linked to cancer... so I'd stay away from it.. other than that, you don't need that sugar and corn syrup and such?

anyway, I can understand about having a 'thing' but I'd try to have it scarcely..

and Allah swt knows best..

Pk_#2
07-09-2009, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
Are artificial colors bad?

And :X I love sour patches.
Tell me about it bruv, I can't sleep without them. And if I don't have them then I start moaning until someone gets me them!!

:skeleton: I love cadbury chooclate better though
Na waii.

- IqRa -
07-09-2009, 12:16 PM
kids... :skeleton:

Muhaba
07-09-2009, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
Sour Food! Is it bad for your memory? Can someone confirm and/or give me details?
Don't know about that, but too much sugar/sweet stuff is bad for the memory.

Yanal
07-15-2009, 01:57 AM
:sl:

Too much sweet is always bad but an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Are you guys reffering to sour peach patchs? The same ones with orange and red color with sugar on top of them? I tend to eat them at some occasions.

Beardo
07-15-2009, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
Tell me about it bruv, I can't sleep without them. And if I don't have them then I start moaning until someone gets me them!!

Na waii.
I like sour stuff only on OCCASIONS. I moan for chocolate only. :omg:

format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
kids... :skeleton:
:exhausted

format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
Don't know about that, but too much sugar/sweet stuff is bad for the memory.
But sugar is good for the memory. :S

Yanal
07-15-2009, 02:22 AM

Dark chocolate can cause pimples.

We are not kids,we are teenagers.

Beardo
03-25-2011, 07:43 PM
^I thought chocolate in general causes pimples.

peace_maker
03-26-2011, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
As long as I know, sour foods don't affect your memory. Its the fat that affects it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Dark chocolate can cause pimples.
Not really, actually dark chocolate has antioxidants that are good for your health. Its the sugar and calories that add to fat of your body.

Chocolate contains Xanthain which makes a person feel jittery.
Theobromine stimulates the central nervous system and relaxes the bronchi in your lungs and your blood vessels.
Phenylethylemine enhances your feelings.

So overall, chocolate is infact good for you. Just make sure to keep moving so that you can use up all the calories. :D

Source: About.com

Woodrow
03-26-2011, 03:49 PM
I think sour foods are good for memory. I sure can vividly remember the first time I bit a slice of lemon and I was only about 4 or 5 years old.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.