/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to feel this way....

AnonymousPoster
07-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Salamu alaykum

ive never really been the music type and after becoming more religious i totaly cut it out.after micheal Jackson died i was amazed by what everyone was saying,and how the Muslim i know reacted to it.it made me angry that he was getting all this attention while the millions of other plp dying were not...so after watching his memorial thing it hit me.i didnrt no micheal jackson nor did i ever have intrest in him or his talent but after his daughter made that mini speach and i saw how his brother jermian was crying and finally after seeing his home interviews i was truly touched.I heard couple lyrics from his songs and tehy were all about peace an di was extremely suprised...now dont get me wrong listening to clips of these songs is with uot a doubt haram but the point is he actually moved me

i want to know if studing a person whose goal in life was peace but wasnt a Muslim is Haram or waste of time.i truly got something out of watching couple of his interviews and his smile is heart warming but i feel gulty for feeling this way.his smile touches my heart but is this wrong.can you not be inspired by a non muslim an done who is in the music industry?

i dont know.after watching these interviews i saw the real micheal and i have a feeling in my heart after watching these clips and seeing what his goal in life really was.Am i disobey ALLAH (SWA) in doing this or feeling this was??????????

WaSalam Alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ayan333
07-09-2009, 02:58 PM
.................bump............

Gubbleknucker
07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it, but I am outside of your faith...

If it is wrong, then I don't see how you'll possibly ever learn anything.

Michael Jackson is a weird place to start, though.
Most people like the music, many people were entertained by his numerous eccentricities, and a few people hated him because of the allegations made against him. His family loved him, possibly with the exception of his father. He was also a very talented man.

Be warned, he was a Jesus freak :p

جوري
07-10-2009, 12:29 AM
aslamu 3lykoum wr wb

you can't be guilty of a feeling..
it is human to feel for other humans, especially when you learn more about them
after seeing that poor pregnant woman stabbed to death 18 times of a hate crime, practically most of Egypt walked in her funeral....

you are human, you are subject to human feelings.. but don't let emotions cloud you, plus it is only Allah swt who judges so we don't really know what the person was from the outside or in.
MJ had many psychological problems, he also had tons of money which perhaps he channeled into charity, I don't know.. it would have been prudent for someone to give him one or two psych. consults to treat his many psychological conditions amongst which BDD was very apparent, than take his money give him surgery after surgery, prescribe him not just narcotics but anesthetics and let him die or take little boys to his bed (no matter how noble his intentions) it isn't right nor is it cute.. yup I felt sorry for the man.. what a waste of a life and of a talent..

I haven't watched his funeral services and I'd recommend that you don't but it appears too late.. I am however awaiting his toxicology screen, since I aam fairly certain drugs are to blame, as they often do in that medium, like others before him, river pheonix, heath ledger, anna nicole and the list goes on and on.. a shame that there are folks literally looking to the floor for grub while others waste it on medications that make them wasted..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
07-11-2009, 03:06 AM
salam alaykum

i understand but he gave money to help build a Masjid.he devoted his free time to helping the poor and giving them alot of money.he helped a kid find a organ or else he was in great danger of dying.im just saying i read the magazines and all the trash the media is putting out and i never cared to wonder if he was good or not but after watching a couple home videos i realized he was so innocent and all about peace.i dnt think he drank let alone comitted Zina.he left 20 percent of his money for charity.i dont know if he was Muslim.that is between him and ALLAH Subhana wa ta'ala but he was such pure man and all about peace the plp around him put him in these situations and took advantage of him

i hope the sister is blessed and enters Janatal Ferdows InshALLAH.Ameen,May ALLAH Subhana wa Ta'ala forgive us for our sins and guide us to the right path.ameen

w/salam

جوري
07-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Then you must trust that Allah swt isn't unjust to his servants..
also perhaps there is a lesson to be learned about how the media can be manipulative one way or the other.. and that we need to use all our senses and best judgment before ascribing to one point of view or another..
you'll feel better in a couple of days insha'Allah.. May I recommend you listen to some beautiful recitations of suret Ar'Rahman by sheikh luhidan or al'moemnoon by Jibreen.. or suret ad'duha by sheikh khanderi.. incidently one of the most consoling suras and brings me personal comfort..

:w:

Al-Zaara
07-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Media is biatch. I can tell you a am great MJ fan, always been. You can see what fame can do to you and how important childhood is, one really has to look after their kids. InshaAllah he was Muslim, but nothing can be done now. Allah judges most justly, He knows of all the good and bad things in a human's life, that you can trust on.

Why not read about MJ's life, it won't hurt you. Read about other's life aswell, like Gandhi and Martin Luther. Read more about Islamic characters in Islamic history, they are also really fascinating. There isn't anything haram in reading about other's lives. When you read about someone very great or famous, be it Muslim or Non-Muslim, like for example Alexander the Great and then see how he died, empty handed and only with his deeds and sins as baggage, you realize how much life is worth and that death most certainly comes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.