/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Had my Hijab pulled off in Public by a Guy!

Ansariyah
07-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Can u believe Thaaaaaat?:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GreyKode
07-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear that sis, youre probably feeling very bad right now but please don't, just try to remember that your endurance for the sake of ALLAH will inshaallah be rewarded.

Tell us more about what happened.

Al-Zaara
07-09-2009, 05:07 PM
What an idiot. Did you know him? In public where, school or the street?

Sahabiyaat
07-09-2009, 05:08 PM
:raging::raging::raging::raging::raging::raging::r aging::raging::raging::raging:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
07-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Accidentally or intentionally ?

aadil77
07-09-2009, 05:20 PM
where do u live

and did you know him at all?

Ansariyah
07-09-2009, 05:27 PM
On a Bus!

I was talking on the fone wen I heard the most shocking things, coming from a group of 5 guys assaulting/verbally/Sexually a girl who looked about my age. They were calling her a Jew w****, B*** get out of our town, let us see how 'virgin u really are'. The girl kept crying, lowering her head. These were GUYS doing that to a GIRL. My mom was on the fone wit me, she kept telling me to get off the bus that she wud send my bro to pick me up (even she could hear it).

I was like mom wait a min I will call u right back. I walked towards the noise. I stood inbetween the girl n those coward of men. I was Like u gonna have to pass me first. I don't know wat gottten into me. They laughed, one of them was like 'don't u have a prayer to attend to lil girl'. They told me to step away, I told them I am not going. One of them was like 'maybe she has a bomb thats why she's so **** confident'. They go B**** move. I was like the only B****'s I see here is u. Ganging upon a GIRL! They kept saying look at her size, we can mow right over her.

They kept asking me do u know her. This isn't ur Business go away, I told them I am a Girl it's my business!

I stood there inbetween them n the girl, the stupid bus driver didnt do anything, nor did everyone else. They just kept going off the buss one by one. I couldn't believe it.

The scariest looking of them walked straight up to me, removed my hijab. Held my head like, I tried to slap him but he held my hand..I stood there helpless. I spat on him. Right into his face.

At that point I was waiting for the worst. One of them was like, lets just go. They all ended up going off the bus, with my Hijab. I don't know why they left, I really thought they were going to harm me. ALhamdulilah!

Wat a Day!

IslamicRevival
07-09-2009, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
For no reason? Unprovoked?

EDIT: Just read your post above. Its shocking no one stepped in to stop these thugs. I mean there must have been at least ONE other Muslim on the bus right?

Sahabiyaat
07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Omgggg :cry:
Yanoorah my brave darling i wish i could give you a massive HUGGGGG!

I cant believe u stood up2 those bullies

I cant believe no one helped...well.acatully i can.....how terrible....im speechless....

Pk_#2
07-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yanz Im so sori!!!! :'( imsad :(

I hope that never EVER happens to you again or anyone else, inshaAllaah,

What sissys! The bus driver is stupid aswell, please report this, most buses have cams, don't let them get away with it!

aadil77
07-09-2009, 05:35 PM
sounds like america, you might want to carry around a taser, you can get em dirt cheap in us

but the spitting was just nasty, I would never spit on someone especialy in the face

you should have just smacked him in the -------s with your other hand

Güven
07-09-2009, 05:37 PM
I wish I was on that bus.

Muslim Woman
Salaam;

I spat on him. Right into his face.
May Allah reward you for your courage. Next time , shout & ask for help or call Police first . What about the driver ? Why he did not stop the bus ? U must report the authority about it .

The Ruler
I understand your action and your desire to protect the girl... But knowing that you didn't have an upper hand, it would've been better for you to ignore those drugged beasts.

Pk_#2
07-09-2009, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
sounds like america, you might want to carry around a taser, you can get em dirt cheap in us

but the spitting was just nasty, I would never spit on someone especialy in the face

you should have just smacked him in the -------s with your other hand
Sorry Akh but I don't thinK she wants her hands going on him/them, especially there!

You should have wacKed him with an umbrella across the bottom of his neck so he becomes paralysed head down, he doesn't deserve to have movement "£$%^&*() I hate him :@

May Allaah protect you, Aameen

:( This thread is so disturbing!

Pk_#2
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
5 against 1 bruv aint happenin unless they're all pussies or unless you're a boxer then you could go for straight knockouts
Puhlees they're all ganging up on a girl, they're all wimps, Guven can knock them all out blind-folded and with his hands tied behind his back. If Yanoorah can stand up to them am sure you guys can! +o( What is happening to the men of this dunya...?

ajnabee
07-09-2009, 05:44 PM
:sl:

u are one brave girl masha'allah, i rate u. not many people would do that.

i recommend u take up some form of martial art though if u intend on making this a regular thing. :D

Muslim Woman
07-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Salaam/Peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
.. would've been better for you to ignore those drugged beasts.
normally we ignore these & don't want to put ourselves in to trouble. I am happy that sis protested but in the way she acted that was not wise. She should have asked for help from others or tell the driver to stop the bus or told mom to call Police etc etc.

Ansariyah
07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Jzk brothas/sisters, When he took my hijab off, I really was so close to cry, But I didn't. At that point I felt humiliated to the max. But I kept standing there, Hoping they would go away. They did, with my Hijab!!

I knew that if I didn't do anything I wouldve hated myself for it. Besides I am sick n tired of people not doing anything, that couldve been ME.

Allah helped me Alhamdulilah. My mom was so worried! She thought she was going to lose me.: (

suffiyan007
07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
The Bullies are Silly immatured,a silly tweed.pwew! that u r brave enough that u **** the bullies....that's great u fight back for the girls power..hehehe....may allah helps u always and the Bullies is kafir...so pray for them to understand islam...insyaallah...:exhausted

rpwelton
07-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Reminded me of a story of the early days of Islam, when one woman was being harassed in a far away land, the Khalifa mobilized an entire army to come to her defense.

Now that is true Islam!

The Ruler
07-09-2009, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
but in the way she acted that was not wise.
Exactly.

Ansariyah
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Exactly.
u sound like someone who likes to point the finger.
Thanks but I know that if that was u or me we wudve wanted someone to help us out.

aadil77
07-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I wonder what they did with the hijab, probably some secret bangra

btw sis how would u have felt if you wereing a niqab and they took that off, would you have still confronted them?

Zafran
07-09-2009, 06:12 PM
salaam

Bunch of idiots - you see alot of these punk teenagers around who think they own the bus.

peace

suffiyan007
Hey Sista,

be patience...every life has the test.God had set you aInd the girl free....i believe that God had the Hikmah to make anyone learnt their lesson to become more wiser and i believe,next time u should be caution of lot of incident appears.If i was there,i will help out.

abu_musab461
Where are the muslims?!!!

In the time of the messenger of Allah when a woman's jilbab was pinned and her awrah exposed in the Jewish market place, there was one sahabah on his own who saw this and with out a second thought, got up and killed the Jew.

They ganged up on him and made him shaheed.

When the messenger of Allah found out, he (pbuh) marched out with an army intending to kill the whole tribe, had it not been for the intercession of the leader of the munfiqeen, Abdullah bin Ubayy.

Thus he expelled the tribe to Khaybar.

aadil77
07-09-2009, 06:14 PM
anyway if you know anythin about these guys, what college they go etc, get them jumped, tell your brother to sort it out

The Ruler
07-09-2009, 06:21 PM
u sound like someone who likes to point the finger.
I don't point my fingers. They're far too superior to do that. That aside, my intention was to tell you that what you did was not the best course of action. I wonder if you pondered about what you were going to do or if it was an impulse. Hmh.

Thanks but I know that if that was u or me we wudve wanted someone to help us out.
Psychic, are we?

sur
07-09-2009, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
Reminded me of a story of the early days of Islam, when one woman was being harassed in a far away land, the Khalifa mobilized an entire army to come to her defense.

Now that is true Islam!
That land was india & khalifa mobilized army under command of 17 year old Muhammad Bin Kasim.

Quran says in 4:75:-
Why should you not fight in the cause of GOD when weak men, women, and children are imploring: "Our Lord, deliver us from this community whose people are oppressive, and be You our Lord and Master."

Even if we r outnumbered, if we take a stand against evil, ALLAH helps us with angels*, like in situations described by unfortunate sister, she took a stand against 5 evils.

*Then GOD sent down contentment upon His messenger and upon the believers. And He sent down invisible soldiers; He thus punished those who disbelieved. This is the requital for the disbelievers.

جوري
07-09-2009, 06:44 PM
wow yanoorha, masha'Allah what a brave sister you are.. I'd have done exactly the same thing.. I am really proud of you..
I always carry extra articles of clothing with me.. I am not sure how convenient that is for you .. but just in case someone does something like this you won't be left without cover...
but really for all circumstances.. it is good to have extra socks/ glove/scarf..

you have nothing to feel bad about.. isn't it amazing that the worst thing they could say to you had to do with prayer? and then they walked off like cowards told off by a girl.. ..
well done.. now pls be careful.. you don't know what sort of weapons or upbringing these losers have.. though I know in my heart that Allah swt was with you..

:w:

glo
07-09-2009, 06:47 PM
You are a brave girl, Yanoorah! Well done you! :)

I'm surprised the bus driver didn't intervene and throw those guys out ... imsad

Afifa
07-09-2009, 06:50 PM
:ooh:
That was very brave of you Yanoorah. Not many people in your situation would have done what you did. Most people just ignore it. May Allah reward you for your attempts :).
Its disappointing to hear that no one else did anything to help the girl. Even the driver! Most dont. Do report it. They shouldnt be allowed to get away with that.
And like Sis Gosammer said carry a spare hijab around with you...you never know when youl need it
:p:

ajnabee
07-09-2009, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
You are a brave girl, Yanoorah! Well done you! :)

I'm surprised the bus driver didn't intervene and throw those guys out ... imsad
most bus drivers are wimps.

Sahabiyaat
07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=The Ruler;1183187]I don't point my fingers. They're far too superior to do that. That aside, my intention was to tell you that what you did was not the best course of action. I wonder if you pondered about what you were going to do or if it was an impulse. Hmh.

Psychic, are we?[/QUOTE

ruler...u are being very patronising to someone who has shown a rare act of bravery,(i say rare because not many would place themselves in danger like that, as was proven on the bus).I can understand your concern for her placing herself in danger, but i think what you, yanoorah, did was absolutely right,and you are also right in saying that had that been any one of us sisters in that situation, somebody like yanoorah,would have seemed like a miracle!

love u sis. :statisfie

Tony
07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Defending the weak and bullied is such a highly admirable thing to do, you have my utmost respect sister and the fact you were defending a girl who is jewish is awsome. People will have seen it and been moved by this. May Allah give you whatever will make you happy in this life and riches in the next. You are an example to all those brothers and sisters who are intimidated by brain dead groups of men. Fear none but Allah sister, well done. :D

The Ruler
07-09-2009, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
ruler...u are being very patronising to someone who has shown a rare act of bravery,(i say rare because not many would place themselves in danger like that, as was proven on the bus).I can understand your concern for her placing herself in danger, but i think what you, yanoorah, did was absolutely right,and you are also right in saying that had that been any one of us sisters in that situation, somebody like yanoorah,would have seemed like a miracle!
Perhaps. Like I said, I understand her reaction. All I'm trying to say is this: what she did was not the best course of action. I don't understand what's so patronising about that.

Sahabiyaat
07-09-2009, 07:25 PM
patronising/sacrcastic,whatever lady lol.

would you not be grateful for such an action in that situation? (trying to avoid being psychic here and actually asking u! :D)

The Ruler
07-09-2009, 07:31 PM
patronising/sacrcastic,whatever lady lol.
There was nothing patronising nor sarcastic about my post, woman. The only thing sarcastic was "psychic, are we?"

would you not be grateful for such an action in that situation? (trying to avoid being psychic here and actually asking u! :D)
I don't know, an honest answer. I don't want to say that I'll pwn them all with my big fists and my awesome wit... Nor do I want to say that I'll sit there and wait for them to end their poo spewing.

Or smother another person in goo.

Rabi'ya
07-09-2009, 07:39 PM

SubhanAllah sis. what yo did was trly amazing. I think that yo did an excelent job standing up for that girl. mashAllah. may Allah reward you for your effort and protect you from any future mishaps inshAllah :) Ill keep yo in my duaas

Sahabiyaat
07-09-2009, 07:39 PM
There was nothing patronising nor sarcastic about my post, woman. The only thing sarcastic was "psychic, are we?".

lol havent you just contradicted yourself 'oh one with the awesome wit' :), ?

I don't know, an honest answer. I don't want to say that I'll pwn them all with my big fists and my awesome wit... Nor do I want to say that I'll sit there and wait for them to end their poo spewing.

Or smother another person in goo.
so u dont have a definite anwser.

so were just gna hve to resort to being psychic then arent we sweets. :D

Layla454
07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
subhan Allah I'm sorry for what you went through sis. The youth nowadays are just out of control. The parents have to take some responsibility.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-09-2009, 07:42 PM

Make sure you carry some small self defense things in your purse from now on. Something like a taser or some stun spray to keep animals like them away.

convert
07-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Where do you live?

If in the US, I suggest you use you constitutional right to bear arms. I am in talks with a sister and she was taken back at first by my insistence that she learn (I teach her) self-defense and how to fire a gun but I explained that this, to me, is considered maintenance and could possibly benefit her greatly in case such a situation (or worse) occurs.

Rabi'ya
07-09-2009, 07:44 PM

oh my goodness......perhaps we should look to other options rather than carrying a gun. Is a gun really necessary in this situation?? I mean if she shot the guy/s and they died...then who would be in the wrong?

aadil77
07-09-2009, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
Where do you live?

If in the US, I suggest you use you constitutional right to bear arms. I am in talks with a sister and she was taken back at first by my insistence that she learn (I teach her) self-defense and how to fire a gun but I explained that this, to me, is considered maintenance and could possibly benefit her greatly in case such a situation (or worse) occurs.
I think for her a good taser would do the job

The Ruler
07-09-2009, 07:50 PM
lol havent you just contradicted yourself 'oh one with the awesome wit' :), ?
At one point, I was truly wondering if Yanoorah was psychic. How else does one jump to solid conclusions such as that? And then I became a skeptic. So about the 'psychic, are we?'... It can be argued either way. I was sarcastic, and at the same time, I wasn't.

so u dont have a definite anwser.

so were just gna hve to resort to being psychic then arent we sweets. :D
Not necessarily. The indefinite answer is my answer.

convert
07-09-2009, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

oh my goodness......perhaps we should look to other options rather than carrying a gun. Is a gun really necessary in this situation?? I mean if she shot the guy/s and they died...then who would be in the wrong?
its not for everybody. however, i would feel better and wouldnt be as worried if i knew that my wife knew how to handle herself against anyone trying to physically harm her.

The Ruler
07-09-2009, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
It's fine if it's self defense.

nebula
07-09-2009, 07:56 PM
woah sis im sorry to hear about what happend, and that little girl that was attacked... may Allah make it easy for her and you... Ur a brave sis subhannallah, i think its good u stood up against them to be honest because no1 else was who knows what else they might have done if u didnt step in... May Allah reward you for ur sincere efforts ameen!

To be honest i agree with brother aadil lol just kick em where the sun dnt shine and they're out for a gd 5mins...

Rabi'ya
07-09-2009, 07:57 PM
but why put yourself(or your wife) in a position which could ultimately put yo in the wrong. Surely the wrong-doers should be pnished accordingly, and not necessarily by the us. I hope you get my drift. I mean we have a right to protect ourselves and our fellow brothers and sisters(muslim and non-muslim) but I really dont think carrying a weapon and going equiped to kill someone, which is what yo are doing, is really the right way to go about it.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, this is just mine.

aadil77
07-09-2009, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Also get some personal alarm type thing. http://amteksecurity.com/alarm.htm
hahaha that is hilarious :D

lool she'd set an alarm off if her hijab gets taken off

btw are u serious?

this is what she needs

Pk_#2
07-09-2009, 08:25 PM
hahaha that is hilarious :D

lool she'd set an alarm off if her hijab gets taken off

btw are u serious?

this is what she needs

No she does not need that, that's dangerous for other people around her, not just the bullies,

She needs either a strong fist or a bodyguard!

Orrrrrrrr she can just use one of ma carrots and poKe them where the sun dun shine..

The_Prince
07-09-2009, 08:37 PM
you are super-woman

ayesha309
07-09-2009, 08:46 PM
What you did was Masha'Allah very brave. May Allah reward you for your actions and keep you away from such men. I was once in a situation (as the little girl) in a train full of poeple and I would've loved it if someone like you had interfered. In the future, do keep a pepper spray with you (I have a friend who keeps it with her after going through a similiary incident). Its a good weapon, and at the same time, doesn't kill!

GuestFellow
07-09-2009, 08:54 PM
On a Bus!

I was talking on the fone wen I heard the most shocking things, coming from a group of 5 guys assaulting/verbally/Sexually a girl who looked about my age. They were calling her a Jew w****, B*** get out of our town, let us see how 'virgin u really are'. The girl kept crying, lowering her head. These were GUYS doing that to a GIRL. My mom was on the fone wit me, she kept telling me to get off the bus that she wud send my bro to pick me up (even she could hear it).

I was like mom wait a min I will call u right back. I walked towards the noise. I stood inbetween the girl n those coward of men. I was Like u gonna have to pass me first. I don't know wat gottten into me. They laughed, one of them was like 'don't u have a prayer to attend to lil girl'. They told me to step away, I told them I am not going. One of them was like 'maybe she has a bomb thats why she's so **** confident'. They go B**** move. I was like the only B****'s I see here is u. Ganging upon a GIRL! They kept saying look at her size, we can mow right over her.

They kept asking me do u know her. This isn't ur Business go away, I told them I am a Girl it's my business!

I stood there inbetween them n the girl, the stupid bus driver didnt do anything, nor did everyone else. They just kept going off the buss one by one. I couldn't believe it.

The scariest looking of them walked straight up to me, removed my hijab. Held my head like, I tried to slap him but he held my hand..I stood there helpless. I spat on him. Right into his face.

At that point I was waiting for the worst. One of them was like, lets just go. They all ended up going off the bus, with my Hijab. I don't know why they left, I really thought they were going to harm me. ALhamdulilah!

Wat a Day!
You have guts. Really brave of you Mashallah. Not many people would have the guts to stand up against those idiots. Though next time be careful. Try to get some help first, who knows what might have happened...

If you get yourself in a spot of trouble like that again, kick the guy in the nuts.

جوري
pls people don't care to be chivalrous or help anyone -- I remember back in my bus taking days this poor elderly lady came on with a cane and no one wanted to give a seat to her, when I offered her my seat, all of a sudden a dude gave his seat to me.
Do you need to be reminded of having good manners or must you see it in action to have a twinge of consciousness..

I don't know what has happened to people, it isn't just loculated to not helping others.. it is now about frank abuse.. the laws are too lenient unless of course you are a Muslim.. and the lawless muscle their way in society, and it isn't just in the west, really it is every where.. it makes me sick..

aren't these people children to somebody, their parents failed them and they have failed themselves..
I don't suggest that anyone lose their compassion and offering assistance to those less fortunate, even of society at large brands it status quo to be rude, uncouth and down right belligerent....

nebula
I think she needs a strong husband :thumbs_up not a tazer!

GuestFellow
07-09-2009, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
I think she needs a strong husband :thumbs_up not a tazer!
I don't think one man can fight against several idiots...:skeleton:

Pk_#2
07-09-2009, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I don't think one man can fight against several idiots...:skeleton:
one MAN can fight against several kids being stupid. Scare one and they'll all chip!

I hope she has a strong enough spouse who'll stick up for her and not wimp out @ Nebz

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2009, 09:05 PM
you did the right thing.

be like nuseyba bint kaab :D

Banu_Hashim
07-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Yanoorah, you're very brave mashaAllah. And alhamdulillah those boys left. But they could've hurt you or worse, so next time take care and maybe ask more people for help before you jump in yourself. As I read your story, I couldn't help but feel anger at how they disgraced you. But inshallah you'll be rewarded for your actions and intentions.

I can't believe every single person on the bus left without saying or doing anything. Muslim or not; didn't they have some guilt or conscience ? Anyways, what matters is that you and that girl are OK, Alhamdulillah.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-09-2009, 09:08 PM

Wow! SubhanAllah sis Yanoorah, that's sooooooooooooo bravee of you mashaAllah. I think what you did was good because as Muslims we always stand for justice no matter WHAT happens and that you did! :) Allah(swt) was with you definitely and why not? You being a girl stood up to those punks mashaAllah. Dont listen to anyone sis, what you did was right, but definitely keep something with you to protect you inshaAllah. Honestly I applaud you. I actually have pepper spray with me :D I'd have used it lol if i was with you.

Btw sis, what happened after they left? The girl, did she say anything?
Think of it this way sis, that was a major DAWAH what you did. A Muslim girl in a hijab protecting another by HERSELF against a bunch of lil sissy's. Pshh, thats called guts! :)

Intisar
07-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Salaam/Peace;

normally we ignore these & don't want to put ourselves in to trouble. I am happy that sis protested but in the way she acted that was not wise. She should have asked for help from others or tell the driver to stop the bus or told mom to call Police etc etc.
The sister already mentioned that even when the bus driver saw her there defending the girl, he didn't do anything nor did any of the onlookers. If she just stood there doing nothing, God knows how far they could've gone with that girl they were harassing.

Najm
07-09-2009, 09:57 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Sister i am soooooo Proud of you!!! Your the best!! May Allah continue to keep you firm in Faith. Ameen

I understand your action and your desire to protect the girl... But knowing that you didn't have an upper hand, it would've been better for you to ignore those drugged beasts.
A very very extremely poor choice of response. The sister has been very very brave. She must be feeling extremely emotional. Have some mercy and sympathy.

Please choose your "choice of advice" very carefully.

We need people like Uhkti Yanoorah in our lives.

FiAmaaniAllah

Güven
07-09-2009, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm
A very very extremely poor choice of response. The sister has been very very brave. She must be feeling extremely emotional. Have some mercy and sympathy.

Please choose your "choice of advice" very carefully.

We need people like Uhkti Yanoorah in our lives.

FiAmaaniAllah
no, I know where the ruler is coming from.

It's good that she was brave and all but she could've done something else, instead of going head on against 5 guys.

I wish braveness was enough to end all fights. But it's NOT always enough.

these guys were cowards.

what if that guy was a sick psychopath? what if that guy punched her instead of taking her hijab? what if she stabbed her? etc.
She could've end up worse.
but Alhamdullilah this time she didn't.

there MAY be no next time, if she does this again.

The world is not as easy as you think it is.

-Elle-
07-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Firstly, May Allah(swt) bless you, it takes a lot of courage to do what you did, and most people would say, "yeah, I'd react," but as you mention, when you're actually in a situation like this, you don't know whether you will do something or not.

On a Bus!

. I don't know wat gottten into me.
It sounds like you even surprised yourself;:statisfie Mash'Allah,today you descovered you had an amazing trait; may it always be with you:)

format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven

Think of it this way sis, that was a major DAWAH what you did. A Muslim girl in a hijab protecting another by HERSELF against a bunch of lil sissy's. Pshh, thats called guts! :)
So true!

I don't know where you live sis, but I am truly suprised that NO ONE reacted...Dear Lord, here, I truly believe people would've never ever let that happen!...

But we do live in a very multicultural place...so I guess less prejudice?

Anyway, Stay Strong!:D

(and the pepper spray idea is an excellent one!)

Banu_Hashim
07-09-2009, 10:24 PM
^^ I agree with Guven. In a perfect world, everyone would stand up for the underdog, even if it was 10 v 2, and justice would prevail. But in the real world, you have to understand the mentality of some idiots and know you the limit of your power in certain situations. That's what I think was trying to be said.

Mysterious Uk
07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Yanoorah.. what an astounding yet inspirational situation! mashallah you are so brave. It is so easy to say 'oh if i got in this situation i would do this' but to actually stand up to a bunch of guys almost instinctvly shows courage and what a good person you are. Alhamdullilah, you were not hurt by the pathetic losers.

Abdul Fattah
07-09-2009, 10:35 PM
selam aleykum,
MashaAllah!
Just remember, the memory might haunt you know, and it probably won't haunt them, but over time you will forget and over time the memory will haunt them.

Najm
07-09-2009, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
no, I know where the ruler is coming from.

It's good that she was brave and all but she could've done something else, instead of going head on against 5 guys.

I wish braveness was enough to end all fights. But it's NOT always enough.

these guys were cowards.

what if that guy was a sick psychopath? what if that guy punched her instead of taking her hijab? what if she stabbed her? etc.
She could've end up worse.
but Alhamdullilah this time she didn't.

there MAY be no next time, if she does this again.

The world is not as easy as you think it is.

SubhaanAllah.:cry: I never said if the rulers advice was right or wrong. There maybe wise words that she said.

What im saying is, this girl has just gone through a emotional rollercoaster, and she would want our support. Patronising and being negative towards her, can put her off the edge.:raging::raging::raging: It can haunt her even more. She may go to sleep feeling terrorised.

If your sister came home and you found out that happen do you....

A) make sure shes ok and take care of her needs
OR
B) shout at her and tell her off:raging::raging:

what would you do? What "if" something happened to the other girl? Would you sit there and watch?

We should have no problem fighting in the way of Allah. We maybe losers of this world, but only winners of the Hereafter inshaAllah.

Lets see peoples first responces...

Who shows encouragement, mercy, sympathy or patronising??

format_quote Originally Posted by GreyKode
I am so sorry to hear that sis, youre probably feeling very bad right now but please don't, just try to remember that your endurance for the sake of ALLAH will inshaallah be rewarded.

Tell us more about what happened.

:raging::raging::raging::raging::raging::raging::r aging::raging::raging::raging:
Omgggg :cry:
Yanoorah my brave darling i wish i could give you a massive HUGGGGG!

I cant believe u stood up2 those bullies

I cant believe no one helped...well.acatully i can.....how terrible....im speechless....
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yanz Im so sori!!!! :'( imsad :(

I hope that never EVER happens to you again or anyone else, inshaAllaah,

What sissys! The bus driver is stupid aswell, please report this, most buses have cams, don't let them get away with it!
I wish I was on that bus.

Im not picking on anyone. Lets just show some respect.

Forgive me if i said anything wrong.

FiAmaaniAllah.

Snowflake
07-09-2009, 11:10 PM
SubhanAllah what an awful thing to go through! Your anger obviously provoked that guy to do that. The best way to tackle a situation like this in the future is to talk to them in a way which reminds them of humanity and makes them feel guilty. There really is a way to do this. And I know from experience it works. If you insult people, you will have to face consequences and hamdulillah this time as horrible as it was, it wasn't worse. Please don't put yourself in a situation like that again sis - unless you're a black belt. :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
I think you guys took bro Najm all wrong.

We should have no problem fighting in the way of Allah. We maybe losers of this world, but only winners of the Hereafter inshaAllah.
Exactly!!!

Allah(swt) protected her because she chose to stand for justice and that is what Muslims should be doing, no matter what harm comes way. At the end of the day we know that Allah(swt) is with those who r just and do good! Especially those who go out of their way to protect those in need! Think about the countless men and women who fought for this deen especially justice.

Güven
07-10-2009, 12:51 AM

SubhaanAllah.:cry: I never said if the rulers advice was right or wrong. There maybe wise words that she said.

What im saying is, this girl has just gone through a emotional rollercoaster, and she would want our support. Patronising and being negative towards her, can put her off the edge.:raging::raging::raging: It can haunt her even more. She may go to sleep feeling terrorised.

OR

what would you do? What "if" something happened to the other girl? Would you sit there and watch?

Lets see peoples first responces...

Who shows encouragement, mercy, sympathy or patronising??

Im not picking on anyone. Lets just show some respect.

Forgive me if i said anything wrong.

FiAmaaniAllah.

Your not saying anything bad, Akhee, I understand what you are trying to say. :)

First of all, No one is patronizing, no one is shouting , no one is telling off , no one is being negative and no one is disrespecting this sister.

Everybody on this thread are with the sister , Everbody on this thread supports the sister and trying to advice her as much as possible.

She did what She did and it was good. Im not saying it was bad what she did BUT she could've done it without taking this risk.

She may has an emotional rollercoaster , May Allah make it easy for her.
but atleast she is alive , right? Alhamdullilah.

don't take this situation so lightly.

I would say the EXACT same things to my sister.

What I would do? Are you comparing ME with an harmless sister?
brother, I have experience with this stuff.

- I would stare them, giving them a feeling that im watching them.
- I would have waited and see if they are going to leave her alone after a while.
- swearing , (sexually) Harrassment? you gotta bear with it until It goes TOO much out of hand, then I will make my move.
- I would have walked to the buschauffeur and tell him about it and see what he does or what advice he gives me. You can't just sit and expect the bus chauffeur to help, maybe he has no idea what's going on.
- I would talk with the guys. ( Usually the best solution )
- I would scare them. (if necessary)
- I would call some of my acquaintances for back up. (If necessary)
- I would fight (if necessary.)
- I would support the girl after they are gone incase she goes pscyho.

Fighting in the way of Allah? what point does it have IF the sister died like that? she could've have saved the girl WITHOUT taking this huge risk.

It's DAYLIGHT and it's a PUBLIC transportation. No matter how tough they are (and by the looks of it they werent tough at all) they ain't going rape/kill/beat a girl ON A BUS.

But what's done is done it's not point in arguing about "If's".

Im just saying....Be careful the next time.

Allah(swt) protected her because she chose to stand for justice and that is what Muslims should be doing, no matter what harm comes way. At the end of the day we know that Allah(swt) is with those who r just and do good! Especially those who go out of their way to protect those in need! Think about the countless men and women who fought for this deen especially justice.
and Do you also know the numbers who died UNNECESSARILY?

Nobody said she shouldn't stand for justice. no , She did good to stand up for justice. :)

but let me give you an example; A girl walks on the street AT DAYLIGHT , she sees a girl being harassed by some dangerous looking gangsters.
A couple of blocks further there is a police station.

Would you just jump in and fight the gangsters?(with the risk of dying and having nothing achieved) or go to the Police station? ( a Huge chance to save the girl without getting hurt)

lol I can't believe I actually made a debate of this thread , Forgive me all. :exhausted

TrueStranger
07-10-2009, 01:05 AM
;D
Salaam Aliakum Yanoorah

Feel bad? What is there to feel bad about? Wear it as a badge of honor sis. Muslims were tortured, abused, and harassed simply because they said “There God is Allah”, and Insha’Allah they will be award for being firm in their faith. Do the same sis, and Insha’Allah you will be reward.

I got in a fight back in middle School after some girls kept on pulling my hijab off, my fists landed on their faces few times and they stop touching my hijab after that day. It felt good. ;D

Muhaba
07-10-2009, 01:31 AM
you're just lucky they didn't harm you. Allah helped you a lot, so do lots of shukr. the kaafirs are soo dangerous. they have no sense of right or wrong. I remember hearing about a bunch of girls stabbing one girl onthe subway (train) and none of the passengers did anythin to stop them. until finally when the train stopped and the door opened, the girl fell down dead.
so yeah, be careful and read lots of Ayatul Kursi.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Do you also know the numbers who died UNNECESSARILY?

Nobody said she shouldn't stand for justice. no , She did good to stand up for justice. :)

but let me give you an example; A girl walks on the street AT DAYLIGHT , she sees a girl being harassed by some dangerous looking gangsters.

Would you just jump in and fight the gangsters?(with the risk of dying and having nothing achieved) or go to the Police station? ( a Huge chance to save the girl without getting hurt)

lol I can't believe I actually made a debate of this thread , Forgive me all. :exhausted
How is it dying unnecessarily?? Those Muslims who died for their deen, died as shaheed.

Your example isnt a good one because she wasnt near a police station first of all. Second, there were loads of people who did NOTHING to help the little girl. In the case she wouldnt have needed to ask anyone help the girl, they just as well were WATCHING and IGNORED it. It would have been worse on her part as a MUSLIM to see wrong and let it fly. She felt brave enough to do it and felt as if she COULD do something and so she did.

Had there been a station nearby, YES I would have gone there. She had a bus full of people, including adults. Even a bus driver who could have easily contacted the police, but he did SQUAT.

Now u tell me, if u were her in that situation and no one was helping her, would you have just sat and watched it pass?? If you were that girl, would u have not wanted help?

Ummu Sufyaan
07-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Edit

Muslim Woman
07-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Salaam;

... If you were that girl, would u have not wanted help?
yes , we should think like this . If we or our mom / sisters come under attack & no one bothers to move , I guess we will start cursing those who are not helping but just watching.

north_malaysian
07-10-2009, 02:09 AM
you're one brave girl....

why they really hate the hijab... i hope no Muslim woman would end up like Dr. Marwa El Sherbiny..

Eric H
07-10-2009, 03:07 AM
Blessings and peace be with you Yanoorah;

I believe you did the right thing to stand up for someone being bullied, you showed great faith and courage. They asked you to pray, and you have to believe that your prayers were answered in advance,

You walked away unharmed, which means you did the right thing, I believe that if you had tried to use any kind of weapon you would probably have been beaten up.

Sometimes I believe that one women is far stronger in a situation like you experienced. Had there been other men involved, it would probably have ended in a punch up with innocent people getting hurt.

If only Muslims and Christians could pray together and pray for each other, then you could come out in our team. We go out late on a Friday night in pairs, with the hope of bringing about a little kindness and peace on the streets. We often confront groups of ten or twenty youths, often drunk, sometimes confrontational.

I am sixty, my partner is a little lady of about the same age, and we have to put up with a lot of abuse, in the hope of seeing the good in people, it is a profound experience.

In the spirit of praying for peace on our streets,

Eric

جوري
07-10-2009, 03:36 AM
I was pleased to see alot of people come out for Dr. Marwa's funeral..
Allah yehmha, may she have peace in paradise with her unborn daughter..

I was moved to tears by her funeral, as I was for the Palestinian lady who lost her son

Media Tags are no longer supported

I believe that in spite of what the media portrays, especially eastern media, that the people know better than the hogwash the media dishes out from naked dancing w.h.o.r.e.s to falsifying information about her death as not a hate crime but a regular every day occurrence..

stabbing a pregnant woman in a court house 18 times is a normal every day occurrence... &asbona Allah wa'ni3ma alwakeel..
where is khalid and salah ad'deen..

north_malaysian
07-10-2009, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I was pleased to see alot of people come out for Dr. Marwa's funeral..
Allah yehmha, may she have peace in paradise with her unborn daughter..

I was moved to tears by her funeral, as I was for the Palestinian lady who lost her son

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coFOVLZ1u9E

I believe that in spite of what the media portrays, especially eastern media, that the people know better than the hogwash the media dishes out from naked dancing w.h.o.r.e.s to falsifying information about her death as not a hate crime but a regular every day occurrence..

stabbing a pregnant woman in a court house 18 times is a normal every day occurrence... &asbona Allah wa'ni3ma alwakeel..
where is khalid and salah ad'deen..

the sad thing is that even the medias in Malaysia didnt report this news so much... in fact many Malaysian Muslims dont know about this...

There are thousands of Germans wearing bikinis in Egyptian beaches .. and no Egyptian Muslims came to them asking them to cover up or calling them sl*ts... so who is more tolerant?

جوري
07-10-2009, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
the sad thing is that even the medias in Malaysia didnt report this news so much... in fact many Malaysian Muslims dont know about this...

There are thousands of Germans wearing bikinis in Egyptian beaches .. and no Egyptian Muslims came to them asking them to cover up or calling them sl*ts... so who is more tolerant?
I know, walhi, I know.. imsad

Ali_008
07-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Mashallah, may Allah reward you limitlessly for this action of yours.

KiWi
07-10-2009, 05:25 AM
:sl: ukhtee

I just want to let u know how proud I am of u
Mashallah u did well
Alhamdulillah u were not physically harm
I know how frustrating it is to have someone, especially a guy, pull off ur hijab
It has happened to me when I was in 8th grade…
but Alhamdulillah the teacher happened to be there n he had detention
stay strong always :)

Al-Zaara
07-10-2009, 06:10 AM
MashaAllah, I'm extremly proud of you. I remember in Germany I encountered very racist young men in the bus who just wouldn't shut up. I got into a 'verbal' fight and mind you, today I think it wasn't the best option I had, but they were left "kicked back" so to speak.

You do know it could have gone worse, I know it could have gone worse for me back then, but I wouldn't change the scenario. People get hurt for doing the right thing or protecting the truth, as simple as that. And 'to do the right thing' isn't always the outmost best option, that's the sad truth.

As someone said, this will probably haunt you for a while, but do not fear inshaAllah, make a lot of dua. Don't feel humilated, he took off your headscarf, but your pride and modesty is deep in your heart sealed. They think they embarrassed you utterly for that but those embarrassed are the busdriver and all those that left without a word. May Allah subhana we ta'ala reward you greatly for this honourable act. Amiin!!

aadil77
07-10-2009, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
one MAN can fight against several kids being stupid. Scare one and they'll all chip!

I hope she has a strong enough spouse who'll stick up for her and not wimp out @ Nebz
haha yh IF they're kids, you don't know abt youths, some teenagers can easily mess up fully grown men and its not only extremely humiliating and degrading for the man but also for his wife and kids if they're around, trust I've seen it happen, so don't underestimate some of these yobs. They don't have no respect for no-one no matter how old they are or even if their families are around, some will look for the slightest reasons to get into a scrap.

Now a days you gotta be careful, 'wimping' out all depends on whether you think you can take them all, its not the time where standin up and saying a few words or giving a few dirty looks will do the job, you got to be ready to win a full on fight. If you think you can take them then don't think twice and go for it, but in some situations, you're better off walkin away then goin home with a messed up face all embarassed infront of your family.

Duhaa786M
07-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Very bad 2hear! i'm sooorry 4u! tell me were do u live? cos' if its in South Africa my country than we surely will do something about this.. its totaly wrong.

Asiyah3
07-10-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry for hearing what happened. But you are very very brave really :). It's sad to hear the others did nothing.

Alhumdulillah nothing happened to you physically. I hope happiness for you.

Asiyah3
07-10-2009, 01:09 PM
in shaallah this doesn't happen to anyone anymore

Güven
07-10-2009, 01:18 PM
How is it dying unnecessarily?? Those Muslims who died for their deen, died as shaheed.

Your example isnt a good one because she wasnt near a police station first of all. Second, there were loads of people who did NOTHING to help the little girl. In the case she wouldnt have needed to ask anyone help the girl, they just as well were WATCHING and IGNORED it. It would have been worse on her part as a MUSLIM to see wrong and let it fly. She felt brave enough to do it and felt as if she COULD do something and so she did.

Had there been a station nearby, YES I would have gone there. She had a bus full of people, including adults. Even a bus driver who could have easily contacted the police, but he did SQUAT.

Now u tell me, if u were her in that situation and no one was helping her, would you have just sat and watched it pass?? If you were that girl, would u have not wanted help?

The example that I gave wasn't about her situation it was just in general.
my question to you was...Do we really need to die to win a fight?

Sister, You have misunderstood me.

I have never EVER said that we should do nothing, that we shouldn't stand for justice. no , we should DEFINITELY help those in need , DEFINITELY stand for Justice and I have neither said that what sister Yanoorah did was bad.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-10-2009, 03:10 PM
The example that I gave wasn't about her situation it was just in general.
my question to you was...Do we really need to die to win a fight?

Sister, You have misunderstood me.

I have never EVER said that we should do nothing, that we shouldn't stand for justice. no , we should DEFINITELY help those in need , DEFINITELY stand for Justice and I have neither said that what sister Yanoorah did was bad.
I apologize if I misunderstood you and perhaps u misunderstood me too :/

My point is...everyone is saying she should have done this or that, meanwhile she was on a moving bus. In the time the cops tried to find that moving bus anything culd have happened if she watched. No one bothered to help her. The stupid bus driver didnt even think of halting and kickng em off.

I doubt sis yanoorahs intention was to fight. If u havent noticed, she told them to back off and leave her alone especially since they r older than that girl. They didnt listen so what did u want from her. She didnt do anything, they did so she reacted back. Allah was with her obviously. No one is talking about dying here. If she didnt react to help her, what would make her any different from those ppl who sat like lazy bums?

I bet if her story was different, that no one helped her including herself, people in this thread would have said why didnt u do anything. Unfortunately she's not here to please us.

Btw, I never assumed or even hinted u said it was wrong, so no worries.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-10-2009, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara

You do know it could have gone worse, I know it could have gone worse for me back then, but I wouldn't change the scenario. People get hurt for doing the right thing or protecting the truth, as simple as that. And 'to do the right thing' isn't always the outmost best option, that's the sad truth.
:thumbs_up

Banu_Hashim
07-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Do we really need to die to win a fight?
No. One example I can think is the Salt march that took place in India, in 1930.

http://www.dadalos.org/int/Vorbilder...salzmarsch.htm

Gandhi began a new campaign in 1930, the Salt Satyagraha. Gandhi and his followers set off on a 200-mile journey from Ashram Ahmedabad to the Arabian Ocean where Gandhi wanted to pick up a few grains of salt. This action formed the symbolic focal point of a campaign of civil disobedience in which the state monopoly on salt was the first target. Prior to the beginning of the action, Gandhi sent a letter to the Lord Lieutenant "Dear Friend (...) Whilst, therefore, I hold the British rule to be a curse, I do not intend harm to a single Englishman or to any legitimate interest he may have in India (...) My ambition is nothing less than to bring round the English people through non-violence to recognize the injustice they have done to India. I do not intend to be offensive to your people. Indeed, I would like to serve your people as I would my own (...)."
So basically he marched to the ocean in an act of defiance against British rule and influence, instead of physically fighting their oppression. And it worked.

MSalman
07-10-2009, 03:26 PM
as-salamu 'alaykum

the Messenger of Allah (sal-allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever of you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action against it], and if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out against it], and if he cannot, then with his heart [by feeling that it is wrong], and this is the weakest of faith.” (Reported by Muslim, no. 70).

may Allah Ta'ala reward you abundantly for your courage sister, ameen

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-10-2009, 03:28 PM
^^JazakAllah Khair for that hadeeth. This hadeeth comes in mind everytime, hence my posts!

kulsumfatima
07-10-2009, 03:29 PM
assalamualaikum
sis that was very courageous of u
but so weired no one came to help what a selfish world :raging::raging::raging:

Najm
07-10-2009, 05:40 PM

SubhaanAllah!!!

I didnt want to creat a debate over this. I shall keep it simple for you ahki G. I never questioned whether the post was good or bad, what i question is the way in which she said it. It was extremely disrespectful, negative, patronising.

I'll repeat my example here again....

OR
I would do A. And spend the next couple of days with her to make sure she is ok.. And after a while once shes back to normal i would explain to her what she could have done.

FiAmaaniAllah

Your not saying anything bad, Akhee, I understand what you are trying to say. :)

First of all, No one is patronizing, no one is shouting , no one is telling off , no one is being negative and no one is disrespecting this sister.

Everybody on this thread are with the sister , Everbody on this thread supports the sister and trying to advice her as much as possible.

She did what She did and it was good. Im not saying it was bad what she did BUT she could've done it without taking this risk.

She may has an emotional rollercoaster , May Allah make it easy for her.
but atleast she is alive , right? Alhamdullilah.

don't take this situation so lightly.

I would say the EXACT same things to my sister.

What I would do? Are you comparing ME with an harmless sister?
brother, I have experience with this stuff.

- I would stare them, giving them a feeling that im watching them.
- I would have waited and see if they are going to leave her alone after a while.
- swearing , (sexually) Harrassment? you gotta bear with it until It goes TOO much out of hand, then I will make my move.
- I would have walked to the buschauffeur and tell him about it and see what he does or what advice he gives me. You can't just sit and expect the bus chauffeur to help, maybe he has no idea what's going on.
- I would talk with the guys. ( Usually the best solution )
- I would scare them. (if necessary)
- I would call some of my acquaintances for back up. (If necessary)
- I would fight (if necessary.)
- I would support the girl after they are gone incase she goes pscyho.

Fighting in the way of Allah? what point does it have IF the sister died like that? she could've have saved the girl WITHOUT taking this huge risk.

It's DAYLIGHT and it's a PUBLIC transportation. No matter how tough they are (and by the looks of it they werent tough at all) they ain't going rape/kill/beat a girl ON A BUS.

But what's done is done it's not point in arguing about "If's".

Im just saying....Be careful the next time.

and Do you also know the numbers who died UNNECESSARILY?

SubhaanAllah!!! If you see a particular post, which i already mentioned, it was very patronising. If my sister went through all that, and comes home and gets patronised by my bro. Its extremely disrespectful. I would be a very angry man.

SubhaanAllah!!! You example is too much generalised. Naturally you would go to the police station. By then the girl could be killed, and left there etc etc. Allow that.

Akhi G you never know, I have heard of people being killed and left on the bus. And the driver finds out at the end of the day. :raging::raging::raging:

Good advise as highlighted in blue :).

Allow the "debate". I just commented on what i saw as disrespectful (Post #67).

I think you guys took bro Najm all wrong.

Exactly!!!

JazakiAllah Khair. Very good posts throughout the thread.

format_quote Originally Posted by islamiclife
as-salamu 'alaykum

the Messenger of Allah (sal-allahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever of you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action against it], and if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out against it], and if he cannot, then with his heart [by feeling that it is wrong], and this is the weakest of faith.” (Reported by Muslim, no. 70).

Allahumma Ameen!!! Excellent hadith.

FiAmaaniAllah

Güven
07-10-2009, 05:56 PM
^this time I agree with you mostly bro.

I think neither of us are wrong.

If im wrong , forgive me though.

I still want to ask one thing, bro :D

How reckless should we be by throwing our lives when seeing injustice? Shall we not care what happens to us? or shall we think for the best and safest solution?

Sarada
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM

How reckless should we be by throwing our lives when seeing injustice? Shall we not care what happens to us? or shall we think for the best and safest solution?
The sister was very brave and it was her concern for a fellow human being that made her act the way she did. We do not know all the details, and perhaps she had no other option. A cool, diplomatic approach is always the best.

It is always best to try to diffuse the situation diplomatically, whenever possible. If you have a cell phone, call 911. Try to get the others on the bus to co-operate with you.

I number of years ago, I was attacked in a mall. Luckily, several men surrounded me and blocked my attacker from attacking me further. Another man called the police. My attacker fled the scene before the police came, but I knew where he lived and he was arrested for assault.

Once I was in a situation on a commuter train where a fight started up. I called the security people, and they came right away to stop the fight. They separated the two parties, and called the police. The police came and took them to the station.

Sarahd
07-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Sister where do you come from? I'm realy sorry that happened. :astagfiru
But sis, next time travel with a Mahram.

:):exhausted

Ansariyah
07-10-2009, 07:06 PM
JazakAllah khayr all, all praise is due to Allah alone. I appreciate all the supportive comments I recieved, May Allah reward u all for sharing this with me.

Bear wit me everyone, I can't reply to every post tho I wud like to.

Wow! SubhanAllah sis Yanoorah, that's sooooooooooooo bravee of you mashaAllah. I think what you did was good because as Muslims we always stand for justice no matter WHAT happens and that you did! :) Allah(swt) was with you definitely and why not? You being a girl stood up to those punks mashaAllah. Dont listen to anyone sis, what you did was right, but definitely keep something with you to protect you inshaAllah. Honestly I applaud you. I actually have pepper spray with me :D I'd have used it lol if i was with you.

Btw sis, what happened after they left? The girl, did she say anything?Think of it this way sis, that was a major DAWAH what you did. A Muslim girl in a hijab protecting another by HERSELF against a bunch of lil sissy's. Pshh, thats called guts! :)
The girl was really shacking when I went up to her. She stood up n hugged me, thanked me. She kept asking me why I risked my life for her? I told her that it was written by God, as he decrees all matters.

More then anything she was concerned about my Hijab, she kept telling me that she will replace it, how sorry she was. I was like, don't worry about that lets jst get out of here. Eventually my bro came, we dropped her off. While we were in the car, she made a funny comment 'u remind me of rose in Titanic The part she spits at the guy when he grabs her.' The best come'back she called it & that it did shatter his ego.

I forgot to mention that I was on the Wrong bus....SubhanaAllah!

abdullah_001
07-10-2009, 07:41 PM
JazakAllah khayr all, all praise is due to Allah alone. I appreciate all the supportive comments I recieved, May Allah reward u all for sharing this with me.

Bear wit me everyone, I can't reply to every post tho I wud like to.

The girl was really shacking when I went up to her. She stood up n hugged me, thanked me. She kept asking me why I risked my life for her? I told her that it was written by God, as he decrees all matters.

More then anything she was concerned about my Hijab, she kept telling me that she will replace it, how sorry she was. I was like, don't worry about that lets jst get out of here. Eventually my bro came, we dropped her off. While we were in the car, she made a funny comment 'u remind me of rose in Titanic The part she spits at the guy when he grabs her.' The best come'back she called it & that it did shatter his ego.

I forgot to mention that I was on the Wrong bus....SubhanaAllah!
SubhanAllah sis, may Allah grant you jannat-al-firdaus, ameen. And me as well, haha. Ameen. sum ameeeen

MSalman
07-10-2009, 07:54 PM
insha'Allah one last reminder to everyone (including myself) - we act arrogant and think that we come up with things but that is just not true. The Lord Bestows us wisdom, knowledge, and courage and then we utilize it to best of our abilities, allhamdulillah. As a Muslim, we do not do things to please people because we are here to please Allah Azza wa Jal and because pleasing others will not benefits us in this duniya and in akhira

may Allah Ta'ala grant us jantaul fardous, ameen

Najm
07-10-2009, 08:17 PM

SubhaanAllah!! Akhi G your amazing.

On your question, generally speaking we should always look for the best solution possible. It entirely depends on the situation though. Act accordingly to the situation. Sometimes, you may have time to act, and other times you have to make your choice riught then (Such as Yanoorah).

i.e. if your sister comes home upset cause someone is being mean to her. You have sometime to think about it. Maybe speak to the teacherthe next day.

i.e if someone is about to run onto the road to an on rushing car. You should act straight away. Try to alert/stop them from crossing the road.

Somethings just come naturally, maybe you used to doing something and able to act quick etc etc

In Yanoorahs situation at the time she has done the best possible thing MarshaAllah. Next time she may wish to "learn" your list of
things to do (even me) :statisfie Alhamdulillah

FiAmaaniAllah

_PakistaN_
07-10-2009, 09:25 PM
If I was on the bus. It would've been Game Over.

Eric H
07-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Yanoorah;
I forgot to mention that I was on the Wrong bus....SubhanaAllah
You were on the right bus, who else would have helped the sister, God works in mysterious ways.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

Najm
07-10-2009, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
If I was on the bus. It would've been Game Over.

For him or you bro? You wish it was that easy :P

FiAmaaniAllah

_PakistaN_
07-11-2009, 06:16 AM

For him or you bro? You wish it was that easy :P

FiAmaaniAllah
For him. Ofcourse lol.

Pk_#2
07-11-2009, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
For him. Ofcourse lol.
:rollseyes

Cabdullahi
07-11-2009, 12:19 PM
militant behaviour
stand tall sister! god is your saviour
a stolen scarf
but nevermind you defended a poor girl from those old farts
an action performed by only those with smart brains and a good heart

Muezzin
07-11-2009, 02:23 PM
On a Bus!

Wat a Day!
You're a hero (or heroine, I dunno, whatever term doesn't upset feminists and/or make them want to kill me). You were the only one trying to help and protect that girl.

Those guys were the typical racist idiots who have nothing to show when you stand up to them.

format_quote Originally Posted by Islamiclife
Ameen.

ژاله
07-11-2009, 02:47 PM
well done yanoorah:thumbs_up i am very much impressed of you
love you habibti<3

Ansariyah
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
SubhanAllah what an awful thing to go through! Your anger obviously provoked that guy to do that. The best way to tackle a situation like this in the future is to talk to them in a way which reminds them of humanity and makes them feel guilty. There really is a way to do this. And I know from experience it works. If you insult people, you will have to face consequences and hamdulillah this time as horrible as it was, it wasn't worse. Please don't put yourself in a situation like that again sis - unless you're a black belt. :)
I don't need to prove u anything, n I am sure that u hav good intentions sister, So I will try to address ur post.

I just wanted to clarify that my anger didn't provoke the guy. He was close to physically harm the girl (as were his group). All I did was step in between them. I didn't utter a word first (just showed my presence). Thats when I got called every name under the sun. So I told them to stop it. Yes I did say some mean things to them, but they said it to me first. There is a way for every situation, I am not going to kiss up toa group of men who just called me the B word, who were sexually assaulting a girl infront of me.

I wud do it again, ina heartbeat.

Jzk.

Bub
07-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Sister, im speechless when i read your story, MashaAllah, you have guts to do that a while nobody HELP you, they are selfish! im sure they r regret it later on. What does a girl said when you stood up to her? Ur a brave lady, Allah bless u for your action, bus driver, im not surprise because i heard a lot of stories about it from "Will you help a stranger" tv programmer, lot of bus drivers did not help. MashaAllah, InshaAllah Allah will help you in the future, If it was me, I dont know what to do. But you took it without fears, you are the role model we are looking up to. MashaAllah, might Allah bless u! Love! Hugs, sister!

Snowflake
07-13-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't need to prove u anything, n I am sure that u hav good intentions sister, So I will try to address ur post.

I just wanted to clarify that my anger didn't provoke the guy. He was close to physically harm the girl (as were his group). All I did was step in between them. I didn't utter a word first (just showed my presence). Thats when I got called every name under the sun. So I told them to stop it. Yes I did say some mean things to them, but they said it to me first. There is a way for every situation, I am not going to kiss up toa group of men who just called me the B word, who were sexually assaulting a girl infront of me.

I wud do it again, ina heartbeat.

Jzk.

Don't get me wrong. I commend you for defending the girl. But purely for your sake as a woman, I don't like the way it was done. Allah was protecting you that day. Cuz, those guys couldve got so mad at you for swearing that they followed you when u got off the bus and.......... I don't even want to say what possiblities that could've arisen. All, I'm saying is, you could've defended the girl, without swearing/spitting (can't rem which) back at the guys. That is all.

-Waqt-
07-14-2009, 12:00 AM
wow! MashAllah your very brave!!

Ansariyah
12-07-2009, 12:42 AM
O
m
g!

I have something to share, something unbelievably amazing

My lovely friend informed me today that she wants to become a Muslim..I'm so surprised alhamdulilah.: D

shes shwn some interest in the deen but didnt know to wat extent, after the incident she visited us at home but ive been so busy wit studies I havent seen her for days! Today she told me that she wants to be muslim but wants to keep it secret for the time bein.

I lost a Hijab & in return Allah gave me a SISTER!

جوري
12-07-2009, 01:01 AM
wow yanoorha masha'Allah..
I had a feeling something amazing would come out of this..

May Allah swt make her our sister and bless you with a new best friend..

:wa:

Humbler_359
12-07-2009, 01:18 AM
:sl: Sister,

Wow. What I am afraid is these guys might come back to you and follow you or stalk ????

They wouldn't forget the way you did in mean. If I were you, someone came to attack me or my family or brothers, I would definitely stand up just like you, Sister. You are example of brave lion by defending, not offensive.

These guys said clearly

This is simple and don't intend to attack you Muslim at first place UNLIKE Dr. Marwa El Sherbiny unfortunately in Germany.

ALWAYS avoid people's business. Please don't let them to harm you and your family. Call Police if you took pictures of evidences.

Wasalaam!

Muslim Woman
12-07-2009, 02:31 AM

Donia
12-07-2009, 02:46 AM
O
m
g!

My lovely friend informed me today that she wants to become a Muslim..I'm so surprised alhamdulilah.: D

shes shwn some interest in the deen but didnt know to wat extent, after the incident she visited us at home but ive been so busy wit studies I havent seen her for days! Today she told me that she wants to be muslim but wants to keep it secret for the time bein.

Alhumdulillah. :D

MuslimahBarb
12-07-2009, 03:14 AM
O
m
g!

:wa:

MashaAllah that something so positive came out of such an awful incident, Sis. I want to commend you on being so brave and trying to protect that girl from those horrible guys.

tango92
12-07-2009, 04:05 AM
well done, if the muslims arent forbidding evil then who will - may you get the reward of others whom you have inspired

Asiyaah
12-07-2009, 04:51 AM
Oh wow Sister, I am glad everything turned out in the end, alhumdillah. May Allah reward you for what you did.

Samiun
12-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Good job sister. You're like, a one in a million person in the world.I find it quite rare to come across a person such as yourself.

Anyways, how old were they in your opinion?

Misty
12-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Your actions were very brave:statisfie

Defending that young lady was the right thing to do. You showed everyone on that bus the proper way to respond to such a situation.

With that said, I am glad that you did not get hurt.:statisfie

Eric H
12-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Blessings and peace be with you Yanoorah;

I forgot to mention that I was on the Wrong bus....SubhanaAllah
Eric H
You were on the right bus, who else would have helped the sister, God works in mysterious ways.
God's ways are beyond our understanding

Blessings

Eric

imam bukhari
12-07-2009, 09:16 AM
On a Bus!

Wat a Day!
Allaahu Akbar!!!

No freaking way!!!!!

SPEACHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danah
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
O
m
g!

SubhanAllah!!!!

I was going through all the previous posts on this thread and was thinking of posting at the end that your action may be a reason for her to enter Islam. But it just happened when I read this post of yours telling us that she is thinking of becoming Muslim. Everything has a reason behind it, and as Eric said, you was not in the wrong bus but in the right one as Allah placed you there to help here and be an example of Muslimah who refuse to see injustice for her.

But let me first express my admiration of what you did in the bus, I so doubt that I will even be able to stand in front of them and show the same bravery you showed. You really get my respect. May Allah protect you from all harm.

- IqRa -
12-07-2009, 12:17 PM
SubhanAllaah!! :-)

cat eyes
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
:sl:this is a type of friend that i would really love to have cos then she can come fighting bullies with me :statisfie MASHALLAH XXXXXX

dragonofzenshu
12-07-2009, 11:57 PM
I carry around a shillelagh with me from my irish buddy and i would have either handed it to you or wacked them with it myself im not muslim but these *******s only incite fuel hatred rage and they are just targeting innocent people i hate people like this!!

shillelagh isn't enough to kill someone or give them serious head injuries unless you hit REALLY hard it's just enough for self defense ive used it before it stuns them and it gives them a message to back off

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-08-2009, 02:02 PM
O
m
g!

Wowwwwwwwwwwww mashaAllah! That is so AWESOME, it gave me shivers LOL! SubhanAllah.

may Allah guide her and keep her on the path, ameen.

Akmal786
12-08-2009, 03:04 PM
May Allah reward you sister for how you stood up for the sister.

Allah not Al Baseer? All seeing and Al Alim? All knowing. He knew what was in your heart and why you did it.

They wronged you and on the Day of Judgment they will pay for their action, and on that day you will Insh'Allah receive the reward for your action.

Muslim Woman
12-08-2009, 03:45 PM

My lovely friend informed me today that she wants to become a Muslim..
I wish I can write a story on this . Will u allow me to try ? :)

I<3Bush
12-08-2009, 04:31 PM

Wat a Day!
Exactly! Just imagine if the people who are here saying you should of minded your own business were in your place? That poor girl would of probably been hurt or even worse. Who knows.

There are too many of those "mind your own business" type people in today's world. There is this video of a guy getting beat up in a store full of people, mostly men. They all just turned the other cheek while this poor guy was getting knocked out 2 feet away from where they are standing... :heated:
This thread is old but I'm glad you did what you did. Don't let anyone make you think differently.

dragonofzenshu
12-08-2009, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by I<3Bush
Exactly! Just imagine if the people who are here saying you should of minded your own business were in your place? That poor girl would of probably been hurt or even worse. Who knows.

There are too many of those "mind your own business" type people in today's world. There is this video of a guy getting beat up in a store full of people, mostly men. They all just turned the other cheek while this poor guy was getting knocked out 2 feet away from where they are standing... :heated:
This thread is old but I'm glad you did what you did. Don't let anyone make you think differently.
Islam, that which encourages true brotherhood, would not let this happen in an Islamic society.

Grofica
12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
I agree and disagree with how you handled the situation and some of the comments...

YES i would have done the same (i get so sick of tired picking on other people also) but you said you had your cell phone in your hand... once those guys started talking to me like that i would have said simply can you say that one more time i am sure the cops would want to hear it and then dialed the cops... i dont know where you are but the comment that said it sound the states well it does and in the states if i am not mistaken thats considered a hate crime... no one has the right to talk like that and if the people on the bus wont help being willing to call the cops usually makes the bad people run away :-)

Italianguy
12-09-2009, 02:43 AM
Sorry for you to have to experience this abuse. I am from NY city and saw this happen(almost exactly) too 2 Muslim women. there were about 6 guys harrasing women on the subway and long story short i told them to leave them alone. They said she was a terrorist for covering her head and one ripped of her hijab. I told them that if they didn't get away from them that i would get help to remove them myself! nobody would help me. so i said it again and one of them hit me in the face,(my eye was crushed in the cornea and they thaught i was going to lose sight in that eye, praise God i didn't but it's still alittle blurry) i got up and stood in front of the Muslim women and told them if they got near them again i was cracking heads! onather tried to swing at me and i hit him and 2 or 3 others before the train came to a stop and the cops came. Believe it or not they tried to arrest me for assult until the 2 Women got off the train and told the cops i was deffending them. (durring the fight i got her cover back and gave it to her). One of them got my number and her husband called me and invited me to a dinner with all of them. Amazing! there were like 30 Muslims there thanking me, what a great reception and made lots of friends. Sometimes good comes out of bad i guess

P.s. i even brought them these nice Hijabs my wif picked out for them.

Italianguy
12-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Men.. do not "mind your own business" when a woman or another man needs deffense! especially for a woman. I have been beetin up many times for deffending women, but women are our future! Deffend any woman whom needs help, Christian or Muslim. We should never ignore a bad situation just to sit on the side lines and keep to our selves.

God bless!

syilla
12-09-2009, 05:14 AM
Thank you for sharing italian guy... you make my day :)

Muslim Woman
12-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
...(my eye was crushed in the cornea and they thaught i was going to lose sight in that eye, praise God i didn't but it's still alittle blurry) i got up and stood in front of the Muslim women .

May God bless you in this world and the hereafter.

Italianguy
12-09-2009, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Thank you for sharing italian guy... you make my day :)
Thank you, I like to hear that. :D

sister herb
12-09-2009, 06:42 AM
Thanks about your protection for my sisters in Islam.

:thankyou:

GreyKode
12-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Men.. do not "mind your own business" when a woman or another man needs deffense! especially for a woman. I have been beetin up many times for deffending women, but women are our future! Deffend any woman whom needs help, Christian or Muslim. We should never ignore a bad situation just to sit on the side lines and keep to our selves.

God bless!
This agrees 100% with the teachings of Islam.
There is a very famous saying of our prophet muhammad(pbuh) that says
"Whomever sees evil must try to change it with his hands, if he cannot then by his tongue, if he cannot then he should hate it by his heart and that is the weakest of faith"

Italianguy
12-09-2009, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Thanks about your protection for my sisters in Islam.

:thankyou:
Thank you, but i was only doing what is expected of me. I will do it again i'm sure. seems like i'm always at the right place at the right time..or wrong time.lol

Danah
12-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Sorry for you to have to experience this abuse. I am from NY city and saw this happen(almost exactly) too 2 Muslim women. there were about 6 guys harrasing women on the subway and long story short i told them to leave them alone. They said she was a terrorist for covering her head and one ripped of her hijab. I told them that if they didn't get away from them that i would get help to remove them myself! nobody would help me. so i said it again and one of them hit me in the face,(my eye was crushed in the cornea and they thaught i was going to lose sight in that eye, praise God i didn't but it's still alittle blurry) i got up and stood in front of the Muslim women and told them if they got near them again i was cracking heads! onather tried to swing at me and i hit him and 2 or 3 others before the train came to a stop and the cops came. Believe it or not they tried to arrest me for assult until the 2 Women got off the train and told the cops i was deffending them. (durring the fight i got her cover back and gave it to her). One of them got my number and her husband called me and invited me to a dinner with all of them. Amazing! there were like 30 Muslims there thanking me, what a great reception and made lots of friends. Sometimes good comes out of bad i guess

wow!! allow me to show you my respect Italianguy :) May Allah reward you in this life and guide you to the best true path.
we need to think about our brotherhood in humanity as well not only in faith.

Grofica
12-09-2009, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
wow!! allow me to show you my respect Italianguy :) May Allah reward you in this life and guide you to the best true path.
we need to think about our brotherhood in humanity as well not only in faith.
i agree so many times we see people walking by... it seems like no one really cares anymore. its nice to read things about people who are making change happen... Italian guy is my hero (and i dont mean in a mocking way im serious) it takes a brave heart to stand up for what you believe in.

umm junaid
12-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Salam alaykum
i think your really brave mashallah and if u live in London it's like 3 out of 10 will help alhamdulillah your safe and they didnt hurt you as much.
by the way ur lucky u actually spoke to them, a few years ago something similar happend to my mother a few boys decided to act all big and start something so they did my mother said something back and they actually felt pleased with themselves thinking they were hard after they SLAPPED my mother right across the face. SUBHANALLAH i still vry when i hear this if only i was there.

Diyaa~
12-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Awww sis, im proud that yu helped out a sister when she had no one.. Inshallah Allah will reward you!..
&& remember never to let anyone put you down.. :] keep ur spirits high, and Inshallah you will be among the successful!.. If u can pass by these bullies u can pass by anyone and any distress!
In our world we need more people like you! :]
tke care sister!
Salaam!

Najm
12-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Salaam/Peace

May God bless you in this world and the hereafter.

Ameeen!

FiAmaaniAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
12-21-2009, 07:28 PM

you warm my heart :)

laggitress
12-22-2009, 06:47 PM
How horrible!! :S
I just can't believe that happen to you!
and plus they toke your hijab with them? just makes more upset (i had that kinda happen to me, but I never had my hijab tokken...)

May Allah swt reward you with good your braveness and for standing up to those bullies. :)

I wish someone was there to help you..

amirebi
12-22-2009, 07:03 PM
salam
i'm sorry for this horrible situation, and you have islamic courage. :)
i wonder how others just turns a blind eye.
humanity is not just something about islam, we humankinds have to support each other.

brotherubaid
12-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Read through this whole thread , SubhanAllah , May Allah reward you and protect you sister.

N may Allah guide ur new friend to Islam n amke her steadfast n make her affairs easy after reverting.

Prophet said: “If Allaah guides one single man (to Islam) through you, it would be better for you than possessing the red camels (i.e. the most precious breed of camels).” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

If she really reverts , then Sister what a great reward this is from Allah , u got a sister , a person got saved from eternal fire , n what ever of good she will do in her life InshahAllah u will get a smilar reward for it without anything being decreased frpom her reward. a win - win situation from all aspects , but yes it was very brave n courageous of you and InshahAllah ur reward is with Allah , and is she reverts then , Allahu Akbar ur reward will ge t much bigger

Muslim Woman
12-31-2009, 04:12 PM

how is our new revert sis ? :statisfie

Cabdullahi
12-31-2009, 08:33 PM
^she's not a muslim yet but inshallah she will be

Italianguy
12-31-2009, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
you warm my heart :)
Thanks, we should all protect our sisters, Muslim or not.

I hate those kind of men that do this stuff:raging:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-31-2009, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton

Now that is true Islam!
SubhanAllaah indeed it is

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Exactly.
If the people around her were not coward enough, they would have helped along with the situation, they were older, and much much sensible for their age. ie the bus driver, should have stopped and told em to get of the buss, The Sis did something Brave, something a lot of other people should have done, there was others in the bus, they could clearly see the girl needed Help, whats wise about sitting there and clearly seeying the situation and not doing anything about it? and then calling the sis un-wise?. Do not look for problems in others unless you cannot justify it!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.