/* */

PDA

View Full Version : NI Racists' Bomb Threat To Immigrants

Blackpool
07-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Young racists have ordered immigrants to get out of Northern Ireland in days or face bomb attacks.

The chilling threat follows recent race-hate violence, which led to more than 100 Romanians fleeing their homes in Belfast.

A letter from the youth wing of the Ulster Defence Association (UDA) was sent to the Belfast Islamic Centre, the Polish Association and Indian Community Centre.

It warned: "No sympathy for foreigners, get out of our Queen's country before our bonfire night (July 11) and parade day (July 12).

"Other than that your building will be blown up. Keep Northern Ireland white. Northern Ireland is only for white British."

The letter was marked Ulster Young Militants and bore the logo of far-right group Combat 18.

The police have said no organised group was behind the recent racist attacks.

But the Northern Ireland Council for Ethnic Minorities disputed that during a meeting in Belfast today.

Spokesman Patrick Yu said: "I think there is no doubt it was organised against those families."

The attacks on the homes of the Roma people in the mainly Protestant Village area of Belfast led to claims that Northern Ireland was the race-hate capital of Europe.

Victims were forced to shelter in a church, which was then damaged by vandals, before they were given emergency housing.

Mr Yu, executive director at the Northern Ireland Council for Ethnic Minorities (Nicem), said race-hate crime had grown steadily in recent years, with assaults, intimidation, harassment and robberies.

In March there was violence between Polish football fans and local supporters.

The Northern Ireland Executive of ministers has pledged to do its best to combat racism.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...nts_In_Belfast

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Blackpool
07-11-2009, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
Young racists have ordered immigrants to get out of Northern Ireland in days or face bomb attacks.

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content...3/15310885.jpg

The chilling threat follows recent race-hate violence, which led to more than 100 Romanians fleeing their homes in Belfast.

A letter from the youth wing of the Ulster Defence Association (UDA) was sent to the Belfast Islamic Centre, the Polish Association and Indian Community Centre.

It warned: "No sympathy for foreigners, get out of our Queen's country before our bonfire night (July 11) and parade day (July 12).

"Other than that your building will be blown up. Keep Northern Ireland white. Northern Ireland is only for white British."

The letter was marked Ulster Young Militants and bore the logo of far-right group Combat 18.

The police have said no organised group was behind the recent racist attacks.

But the Northern Ireland Council for Ethnic Minorities disputed that during a meeting in Belfast today.

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content...4/15251396.jpg

Spokesman Patrick Yu said: "I think there is no doubt it was organised against those families."

The attacks on the homes of the Roma people in the mainly Protestant Village area of Belfast led to claims that Northern Ireland was the race-hate capital of Europe.

Victims were forced to shelter in a church, which was then damaged by vandals, before they were given emergency housing.

Mr Yu, executive director at the Northern Ireland Council for Ethnic Minorities (Nicem), said race-hate crime had grown steadily in recent years, with assaults, intimidation, harassment and robberies.

In March there was violence between Polish football fans and local supporters.

The Northern Ireland Executive of ministers has pledged to do its best to combat racism.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...nts_In_Belfast

I posted this article but it hasn't appeared. What are your views of this?

aamirsaab
07-11-2009, 08:17 PM
This is really, really awful. I live in a considerably multi-cultural area and this kind of behaviour is extremely rare (you only get it in certain chav areas and it amounts to ''paki'' comments...which when translated is not an insult at all, rather a complement..talk about irony!) so am very shocked at this.

Blackpool
07-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Northern Ireland? I'm not shocked at all. I lived there. It's a very rough place to live in.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tony
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I feel sad for the children involved

The_Prince
07-12-2009, 02:56 AM
well i dont know why anyone would want to move to this cr@p hole anyway, i mean NI? common immigrants, theres much better places to go, i wouldnt go to this place even if you paid me to!

nocturnal
07-12-2009, 05:01 AM
I suppose its because its part of the UK so thats why they believe its norms are congruent with those in other parts of the UK. Plus, im not sure many of these immigrants actually have much of a say where they go because most of them are smuggled into the country by sadistic human traffickers who would do anything to make quick money. Its very difficult to dictate terms to such dangerous individuals notwithstanding the fact that you have to undertake a perilous voyage which not everyone always emerges from unscathed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.