/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Soul..

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Salam

Iv herd somewhere that the soul of the deceased wanders around in the house of the dead for forty days? Is this just another cultural belief or is there a hadith on this?

Wasalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-11-2009, 06:49 AM
I am very surprised you heard that in England !

In my country, some people believe, a soul of deceased wanders around in the house for forty days. But of course, I don't believe, that because I believe when a someone die, his/her soul would go to different place and cannot back to the world.

In the past, I though that was local anymism belief. But after I know you heard that in in England, I think that belief MAYBE came from some Muslims.
I am living in a country where the official Islam is Ahlussunnah wal Jama'ah only, but some people in foreign country oftenly say, many Ahlussunah in my country is close to, or even like .............

That's why I think maybe that belief was came from 'Them'. But that's just MAYBE.
Frankly, I don't want to accuse my Muslim brothers.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-12-2009, 05:42 PM
or maybe its a cultural thing? im bengali and theres a lot of things iv heard that seem to contradict with Islam, so im just confuzled..

sarah85
07-12-2009, 09:55 PM
There is no evidence in the Quran or sunnah that a soul wanders around. After we die we begin our next journey which does not involve being on this earth. For a more indepth account of what happens to the soul after one dies I recommend Anwar al awlaki's Hereafter series of tapes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
07-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Selam aleykum,
As mentioned, there's nothing like that in the hadeeth or qur'an. In fact this would contradict the many hadeeth that mention what does happen to the soul after death.

As for all those ghost stories, and stuff. Those are just djinns. And they try to fool us into thinking that it are the deceased. They do this, because if they get people to believe that the death still wander the earth rather then believing the truth, that they are waiting in their graves, receiving either temporary torment, or temporary reward until the day of judgement. Then by that false belief, they make people think that there's nothing to worry about.

If you believe that you'll wander the earth after death, then you'll prepare less for the afterlife, rather then when you believe you shall be questioned about your life, right? So this is just another trick from the shaytaans to try and steer people away from the true religion, and apparently some of this falsehood has even spread amongst muslims.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Ohh i understand, jazakallah khairun :)

another quick question, so does this mean when people say so and so is looking down on you and they will be proud of you, is this just another cultural thing aswell?

Abdul Fattah
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Selam aleykum
Yes, it's another superstition.
After death, people are waiting in their graves. And it is clear from hadeeth that people cannot even hear us in this state, let alone look at us.

noorseeker
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh your bengali. explains things lol

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-16-2009, 10:44 PM
they cant hear us? im sure theres a hadith that says when on a particular day or something, the dead can hear us if we'r next to the grave? :S

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.