/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An hour on Friday...

- IqRa -
07-10-2009, 11:18 AM
4. An Hour On Friday

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RA): Allah’s Messenger (SAW) talked about Friday and said: 'There is an hour on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while offering Salat (prayer) and asks something from Allah (SWT), then Allah (SWT) will definitely meet his demand.' And he (the Prophet (SAW) pointed out the shortness of that particular time with his hands
[Sahih al-Bukhari]

Some have said that this hour is from the time the Imam (prayer’s leader) enters the mosque on Friday’s prayer until the prayer is over (ie between the two khutbahs), whereas others have said that it is the last hour of the day (ie after the Asr prayer until the Maghrib prayer).

Source - Best Times to make Dua (Supplication)

Allaah and His Messenger Know Best

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Start praying! :p:

- IqRa -
07-17-2009, 07:46 AM
:bump:

Sahabiyaat
07-17-2009, 02:02 PM
:bump1:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_008
07-19-2009, 12:40 PM
:sl:
Inshallah, will remember this the coming friday.
Jazakallah Khair
:w:

Layla454
07-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Jazak Allah Kheir for this :thumbs_up

- IqRa -
07-24-2009, 09:07 AM
:bump1:

- IqRa -
08-07-2009, 07:59 AM
:bump:

Abdu-l-Majeed
08-07-2009, 09:02 AM
When is the “hour of response” on Friday?

Is the last hour of ‘Asr on Friday the “hour of response”? Does the Muslim have to be in the mosque at this time, and do women have to be at home?

Praise be to Allaah. There are two opinions concerning the hour of response on Friday which are likely to be correct:

The first is that it lasts from after ‘Asr until the sun sets, for those who sit and wait for Maghrib, whether that is in the mosque or at home, making du’aa’ to their Lord, whether they are men or women; whoever does that is more deserving of seeing a response to his or her du’aa’. But men should not pray Maghrib or any other prayer at home unless they have a legitimate shar’i excuse, as is well known from the evidence of sharee’ah.

The second is that it lasts from the time when the imaam sits on the minbar to deliver the khutbah on Friday until he finishes the prayer. Du’aa’ at either of these times is deserving of being answered.

These two times are more likely to be the times of response on Friday, because of the saheeh ahaadeeth which indicate that. The hour of response may also be sought at other times of the day. And the bounty of Allaah is great.
Among the moments when response may come to a du’aa’ in all prayers, obligatory and naafil alike, is the moment of sujood (prostration), because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The closest that a person may be to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so say a great deal of du’aa’ in sujood.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), in al-Salaah, 482). And Muslim (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated in his Saheeh from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “As for rukoo’ (bowing), proclaim the greatness of your Lord in rukoo’ and strive in du’aa’, for you will be more deserving of being responded to.” (Muslim, al-Salaah, 479).

Shaykh Ibn Baaz, Majallat al-Buhooth, issue no. 34, p. 142

Islam Q&A

ayyuba
08-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Please Help
Salam:sl:
May Allah (SWA) reward you Ameen

Please any one can help my friend, he told me that he is doing something which is prohibited in islam and he is muslim, but after he committ that thing he's regretting and crying to Allah, but when satan came again to him he will do it again and he will regret and cry again, he take three years doing this and praying to Allah that may Allah help him to stop doing this thing, i try my best with giving him some advice including this Hadith for "An Hour on Friday" but still the problem is there.

Please someone can help me with some advice which i will give to him.

And at the end we need our brothers muslim to help us with supplication(duaa) please.

Wassalamu Alaikum

- IqRa -
08-12-2009, 08:54 AM
:wasalamex

Keep repenting and trying your best not to commit the sin.

Misz_Muslimah
08-12-2009, 12:05 PM
1870. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "I swear by Allah that I seek Allah's Pardon and turn to Him in repentance more than seventy times a day.''
[Al-Bukhari].

1875. Shaddad bin Aus (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "The best supplication for seeking forgiveness (Syed-ul-Istighfar) is to say: `Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta, khalaqtani wa ana `abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, a`udhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u laka bini`matika `alayya, wa abu'u bidhanbi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta. (O Allah! You are my Rubb. There is no true god except You. You have created me, and I am Your slave, and I hold to Your Covenant as far as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge the favours that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess my sins. Pardon me, for none but You has the power to pardon).' He who supplicates in these terms during the day with firm belief in it and dies on the same day (before the evening), he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah; and if anyone supplicates in these terms during the night with firm belief in it and dies before the morning, he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah.''

1877. `Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: Prior to his demise, the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) used to supplicate frequently: Subhan Allahi wa bihamdihi; Astaghfirullaha wa atubu ilaihi (Allah is free from imperfection, and I begin with praising Him. I beg forgiveness from Allah and I turn to Him in repentance.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

May Allah Forgive Me And My Sisters N Brothers In Islam

- IqRa -
08-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Ameen

Bump

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.