/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Laser eye surgery?

mohsen1985
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
:sl:

I've been thinking about having laser eye surgery to get rid of glasses. I've even been seeing a doctor for about a year and he's been monitoring my eyes. A couple of weeks ago he said sent me to have that zywave exam to see if my eyes are ready to undergo the surgery and well...they're ready.
I'm not scared of the surgery, I've read lots of articles about it in the past 2 weeks, it doesn't seem scary at all, but I'm a little worried about the results?

My doctor says I only need a couple of days of rest and then I can start my life as it was before. I'm not sure if my doc is being entirely truthful with me, it's like he's keeping some information from me? Since I'm a computer programmer I spend at least 8 hours a day on the computer. I told him this and he said it won't matter, I just have to keep away from the computer for the first couple of days after the surgery. And whenever I ask him if my eyes will weaken again he doesn't give me a yes or no answer, he just says the chances are very slim, like 1/1000...

I wanted to know if anyone here has had laser eye surgery. Are you satisfied with the results? Would you recommend it to others?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
07-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I used to know someone that had it done, they had to keep putting those eyedrops in their eyes not sure if it was temporary though

Brother if you don't mind how much is it costing you?

mohsen1985
07-10-2009, 05:43 PM
The surgery itself around 1000 USD. And the exams, preparation, and the visits to the doc around 200 USD.

-Elle-
07-10-2009, 07:48 PM

I also asked my doctor about laser eye surgery and he gave me a lot of useful information.

He said that there is a very slim chance of blindness, since this was my main concern.

He also said that there is no guanrantee that I will regain 100% vision. It might be 80&, 90%, for some people, you do not regain your full 100% vision.

He also said that there is a chance that my eyes will weaken again, since I am still studying ( in a field which requires hours of up close concentration)...

so even if I finish my studies, and I go on to have a career in this domain,I believe my eyes can weaken again after the surgery...

so this is pretty similiar to your case, although you never know, they might not weaken afterwards, since as an adult, your eyesight is more constant than when you were a kid...

If you feel your doctor is keeping info from you, then don't shy away from asking the same quesiton more than once!

As for me, im too scared.:rollseyes I hate glasses..never wear them, but contacts are just fine:D

Hope this info helped

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Banu_Hashim
07-10-2009, 08:07 PM
There's an ophthalmic surgeon at the hospital where my dad works, and he performs these vision corrections surgeries all the time. Funny thing is though, he himself wears glasses.

Lonely Gal
07-10-2009, 08:11 PM
everyones eyes will weaken over time, some quicker than others. Also if you have it done young when the eyesight is not settled, there is no real benefit from laser surgery

Yanal
07-10-2009, 11:54 PM

Really depends on your eyes stability and how they react to the surgery if you do get one. They doctors cannot be 100% on the result as it may vary with people. How about getting contact lens?

:w:

liya
07-11-2009, 12:02 AM
my sister use them they r not expensive about 20 english pounds in egypt with all u choose colour nd also doctor examining ur eyes ... dey r different some stay fresh till 6 month others a yr ..my sis use de one 4 yr .... but u must take god care of them ... there is the one which is with no colour but dont know how much it is !

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.