/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drinking problem! Drinking way too much!

AbdullahSyed
07-11-2009, 02:28 AM
Recently, I had a discussion with a person I drink about 4-6 litres of water a day. I am really thirsty just couple mins ago I drank 1.5 litres of water ofcourse with bunch of pauses but still. This person tells me I have a problem and should get it checked out with a doctor. Do I have a problem? I do have a very active lifestyle. Is excessive drinking of water bad for you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
07-11-2009, 05:11 AM
That is a lot of water. And if you're still thirsty after drinking 1.5 litres 2 minutes ago then you need to see a doctor. Excessive thirst can be a symptom of diabetis.

ardianto
07-11-2009, 05:38 AM
You drank 1.5 litres of water and you are still thirsty ?.
Where are you living, brother ?. In desert area ?
And what was your last activity before you drank it ?. Sport ?.

Maybe you must visit a doctor. Remember, Ramadhan will coming soon.

convert
07-11-2009, 07:04 AM
I drink a couple gallons of water or so daily, it won't hurt you/ However, it can be a symptom of diabetes so check to make sure.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Brother AbdullahSyed's problem is, he still thirsty after he drank much water.
However, drink 4-6 litres of water per day is not bad, but good for our health.

Banu_Hashim
07-11-2009, 11:09 AM
BBC News| Why is too much water dangerous ?

AbdullahSyed
07-13-2009, 02:39 AM
I highly doubt I have diabetis because I eat very healthy and no sweets at all besides I am too young.

And what was your last activity before you drank it ?. Sport ?
I workout everyday almost for an hour and 30mins.

BBC News| Why is too much water dangerous ?
I never drink more then 250ml within couple seconds.

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
And if you're still thirsty after drinking 1.5 litres 2 minutes ago then you need to see a doctor.
I drink water alot, but still thirsty after drinking the whole bottle after 2 mins... is unimaginable.... it took me hours to finish the whole bottle..

جوري
07-13-2009, 03:10 AM
:sl:

try reading this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...dus-siadh.html

there is something called psychogenic polydipsia, you might be suffering from that, but no one can diagnose you over the web.. you need as you were advised to go see your GP insha'Allah

:w:

Sari
07-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Drinking too much water can literally poison you and kill you. You need to have it checked.

And you cannot dismiss diabetes yourself, my 19 year old friend developed diabetes and she eats healthily. You have to go to the doctor simply, asking here and then dismissing suggestions of what it could be potentially is of no use! Please get help, book an appointment now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.