/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where and how shall i give charity?

AnonymousPoster
07-11-2009, 11:40 PM
I have some money i was saving as a treat for myself, but i no longer want to please my materialistic side and want to give it to inshaAllah help someone else.

Where would you guys reccomend i give it and why? As in what charity/organisation and how would my money be used. I want it to be used in a really beneficial way.

I should be able to give the moneu in cash and in person, as I don't want any moneu transfer to be shown on my statement. So if i have to, i'll even put notes into a collection box somewhere.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tony
07-11-2009, 11:44 PM
wateraid, build wells and ur reward will keep growing even after you die:)

soloqi
07-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Maybe you should go to your local mosque if you are muslim and ask them what materials they need to the mosque and either buy it for them, same goes if you were jewish, christain,hindu,taoist.
Or you could buy medical equiptment for a clinic, just make sure it goes to something useful, maybe even buy food for homeless people and do hands outs.

ilm.seeker
07-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Sadaqa Jariya

“If a human dies, then his good deeds stop except for three: a Sadaqa Jariah (continuous charity), a beneficial knowledge, or a righteous child who prays for him.” – Sahih Muslim

Digging Wells

“Whosoever digs a well will receive reward for that from Allah on the Day of Judgement when anyone amongst jinn, men and birds drink from it” – Bukhari and Muslim

Water is such a simple thing to many of us, yet is more valuable than gold to others. For as little money, you can establish a well to bring the source of life to villages suffering in areas all over the world.
The use of a well as a source of Sadaqa Jariya is incredibly blessed to do because every human, jinn and animal will send blessings when they drink from it for as long as the well is open. Consider the hundreds of people in drought-stricken countries that would drink from this well every day, think of the livestock that will be watered and kept healthy every single say. The blessings would soon be tallying up for every minute of every day for many many years!

Constructing Mosques

"Who ever builds a Masjid for Allah, Allah will Build for him a similar House in Paradise” - Bukhari and Muslim

To spend in the cause of Allah (SWT) by way of propagating the Deen of Allah is a charity with high merit and great reward. Some of the common contributions made in this respect are: donations towards the Masjid, which one can do in his own community; however the source of greatest reward is to construct a Mosque. Reward attained through the performance of this kind of good deed affords the continuing of reward even after death.

By providing a place to pray, one receives a reward for each prayer that is made and for any wayfarer who seeks shelter inside. The rewards for the prayer are multiplied each time someone makes salaat. For a large Masjid built as sadaqa jariya for you, your family or community would reap massive rewards in the afterlife for everyone who contributes.
Build for the sake of Allah and he will, insh’Allah, reward you with a palace in paradise.

Building Schools

The first word uttered to the Prophet Muhammad by Gabriel was “Iqra” (meaning “read”). In this utterance was illustrated that the first and foremost thing that a Muslim must do is to read. Throughout the developing nations in this world Muslims, children and adults alike, are denied access to basic education. They have no way to get to schools or the schools which do exist are in a severe state of disrepair and they have no educated teachers to provide lessons.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
07-12-2009, 04:55 AM
:sl:

May Allah bless you for your intention. Ameen. Try doing the following one things[Insha'Allah I will add more later]donate to:masjid,give to poor human beings.

:w:

glo
07-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Consider supporting entrepreneurs in developing countries through interest-free loans. People, such as these women in Mali:

The group Ankabenkélenkan 2.7 is a group of married women of the village of Fonfona in Koutiala City, Sikasso region (third administrative region of the Republic of Mali). They live in large traditional extended families with their children, husbands, parents-in-law, sisters-in-law, etc. And they have an average age of 35 and at least five children. They grow mainly rice, and they grown peanuts as a secondary business.

Concerned about making their farms profitable, the group members decided to join the Soro Yiriwaso loan program five years ago. After having correctly repaid the first four loans, they are now on their fifth farm loan. The current loan will be used to buy a sufficient quantity of seeds for planting rice and peanuts; some minor supplies and equipment; and fertilizers and such, for farming. Supplies are gotten at the marketplaces of Fonfona, M’pessoba, and Zansoni. Following the off-season, the crops are stored for a certain time, so that they gain in value. Then the crops are sold retail in cash transactions at the M’pessoba market and at surrounding markets. Their customers come generally from large cities.

After selling their produce, the group members each intend to realize a profit of 60,000 francs CFA that will be used to repay the loan and to cover common family expenses.

Or this woman in Pakistan:

I am Sakina and I have been a citizen of a city named Borewala, Pakistan, for the past fifteen years. Borewala city is famous for its shrines. I am an uneducated lady because my parents couldn’t afford my education expenses due to having few financial resources. I spend my life by taking care of my family. In my parents’ house I perform my duties as a daughter and a sister very efficiently.

Now my responsibilities have automatically shifted to my husband’s house where I perform my duties as a wife and a mother efficiently. My husband runs a fruit-selling business. He buys fruit wholesale and sells to different fruit shops and also treks to different towns to sell. I am applying for a loan to buy seasonal fruits to advance my husband’s business.
Homepage KIVA

ardianto
07-12-2009, 03:48 PM
If you give your money for buy some foods for poor people, they can eat today, but maybe tomorow they have no more food.
And if you give your money for suport poor micro entrepeneurs, they can eat today and next days. Even, one day when they have leave their poverty, they can help other people with their own money.

I am agree with sister Glo. That's why I always donate my money to a Zakat House near my home because they have programs for help poor micro entrepreneur and poor students.

Raaina
07-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Some excellent suggestions here..

You could always think about something that is close to your heart or maybe someone in your family has suffered and got support from a charity that you could donate the money to.

:)

AnonymousPoster
08-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Thankyou for everyone's replies. I eventually chose the well idea, and will be donating regularly to the Well Foundation. They have a number you can text which automatically takes £3 from your credit off - perfect! Completely discrete and easy and instant. I can just top up my mobile and donate as much as i want, any time i want. How much easier can it be.

http://www.wellfoundation.org.uk/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.