/* */

PDA

View Full Version : for a niqabi...

AnonymousPoster
07-12-2009, 01:07 AM
say if a niqaabi wanted to travel, what would she have to go through (of airport security, etc) to get to her destination. would she have to take off her niqaab? would it be infront of men? has anyone gone through this, can u pls share your experiences.
:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sari
07-12-2009, 10:46 PM
you can request a female worker to look at your face in a corner.

sarah85
07-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Islam allows a woman to take off her niqaab in such contexts. Islam is not rigid.

A woman can take off her niqaab for security reasons, to protect herself, as a witness in court, when undergoing a business transaction and some other contexts which I cant remember off the top of my head....but here is a good link to read up on the contexts:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/2198

:D

MeccaStar
07-13-2009, 01:33 AM
well one of my friends who was a niqabi had a female worker look at her face in a private room.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
:sl:

i have several times.

from manchester airport it was the airport staff themselves that directed me to female staff, mashaAllah they were very friendly and respectful (just pull up for like 5 seconds so they can verify you are the same person on passport)..and at the time when passengers had to take pictures when going through the security area thing, the man let me go through without having to take it off.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.