/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready to die??

Ali_008
07-12-2009, 06:00 AM
:arabic7:

:sl:

Sorry for the strange question but thats what I really wanna know. All of you might have read or heard somewhere that a momin/mominah isn't scared of death and rather he/she takes death as a fulfillment of the promise of Allah Subhaana Wa Taala. I don't remember the verses or Ahadeeth stating such stuff. It is also said that believer has both mercy and fear of Allah. A believer expects that Allah will forgive him:statisfie but he also has the fear that Allah might be very upset with some particular action of his:raging:.

Honestly speaking, there was a time when I was ready to die and just felt that Allah would forgive me but with time that confidence fadedimsad and now I think I don't have that good a chance but I'm working on regaining that level of faith.

I guess that it is a high level of faith when you're totally done with this world and see your destination and happiness only and only in the hereafter and Allah just induces that feeling in you that you'll get what you want:statisfie. To put forward this question in other words, is your faith that high???:?

:rollseyes

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
07-12-2009, 06:08 AM
:sl:

Excellent question/thread.:thumbs_up

To be honest I am not the best I can be but I am improving. We should not reveal our sins.That is why I am limited to say.

:w:

glo
07-12-2009, 01:59 PM
For me as a non-Muslim it is perhaps a strange concept to think about 'being ready to die'.

Much as I love God and look forward to paradise, I cannot say that I feel ready to die.
Hopefully I still have much earthly living ahead of me, and being God's instrument on this earth.

God can take me when he feels my time has come ... but until then I have some living to do! :statisfie

Muslim Woman
07-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Salaam;

Please add one more option : I want to die now if it is good for my hereafter.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bub
07-12-2009, 02:02 PM
wow, a good question. I know im not prefect- but i can do something good to increase good deeds for Allah's sake inshaAllah.

Brasco
07-12-2009, 08:57 PM
As Salamu Aleykum (my salam smily is gone :D )

Hm, that's a very good question. I'd say for sure that I do not know, if all this what I am doing (prayin etc.) was enough. Insha'allah, all the things that I'm doing are right and accepted by Allah ta'ala. Insha'allah Allah ta'ala accepts us as good believers in Islam. If all those things were okay, I would be ready to die :) But for now, I'm not ready to die :( Praying etc. is not enough :(

wa salam!

sarah85
07-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Just because one isnt ready to die does not mean they do not love Allah.....I would be willing to die however I am too scared that what if i dont have enough good deeds...I mean I cant measure this can I.

MeccaStar
07-13-2009, 01:38 AM
that is a good question. i'm confortable with whatever Allah decides.

Woodrow
07-13-2009, 02:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam;

When I was younger I thought those very thoughts, even though I was not Muslim at the time. They do sound like good thoughts and do show a desire to be with the believers in Jannah.

But I think perhaps we need to modify that thought and come to an understanding that it is part of our deen to complete all of our trials. Perhaps a better thought would be:

"May I be given the sabr to not see or feel the time needed for me to complete my trials and chores and may I complete them in a manner pleasing to Allaah(swt)"

So the wording for the poll might be:

"May the time until my death pass as a moment and I finish my life truly serving Allaah(swt)"

_PakistaN_
07-13-2009, 05:25 AM
I am trying to improve. Inshallah I am trying to stabalize myself and keep religion to a pace. I am trying to schedule myself out to pray 5 times a day, read Quran. Be on my best behavoir according to Islam. Inshallah I will be able to accomplish this.

Ali_008
07-13-2009, 06:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam;

Thats what I'm asking. I know that none of us know where we're gonna die or how many of our deeds have been acceptable but I'm talking about that..... that.... (I don't know how to put it) that sense of comfort with death.

You just feel that you want to meet Allah and you're quite sure that Allah will forgive you. I'm talking about that sensation where you see heaven even on earth and I don't think thats possible for a non-believer to attain.

format_quote Originally Posted by sarah85
Just because one isnt ready to die does not mean they do not love Allah.....I would be willing to die however I am too scared that what if i dont have enough good deeds...I mean I cant measure this can I.
Sister, I was ready to die some good amount of time ago. I was the happiest person in the world those days and I was literally chasing death. I mean I was not running on the roads trying to get hit but I was fearless. The only fear I had was falling into some sin and displeasing Allah. Like the Qur'an says in Surah Yunus verse 62-64

062 Behold! verily on the friends of God there is no fear, nor shall they grieve;

063 Those who believe and (constantly) guard against evil;-

064 For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of God. This is indeed the supreme felicity.

Allah just induces that emotion in you that your death won't be painful for you as the angels of death take the soul of a believer very gently and even the soul's ready to depart whereas the disbeliever's soul clinges onto its body at the moment of death and the angels pull it out by very painful meansimsad

syilla
07-13-2009, 08:53 AM
a question to myself :( ...

but i really really want to be prepared and be ready

Ali_008
07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
:bump1:

aadil77
07-14-2009, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
For me as a non-Muslim it is perhaps a strange concept to think about 'being ready to die'.

Much as I love God and look forward to paradise, I cannot say that I feel ready to die.
Hopefully I still have much earthly living ahead of me, and being God's instrument on this earth.

God can take me when he feels my time has come ... but until then I have some living to do! :statisfie
Being ready to die doesn't mean that we want to die immediately when we are ready, it means that we are prepared for death at any time and at that time we should be in a good state where our sins should be minimal and our good deeds many.

I don't think this would bother you because of your concept of salvation, where you don't fear Gods punishment because for some reason another person will bear all your sins

GuestFellow
07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I would love to return to Allah. Whenever Allah decides to take my life, I will be ready. I'm not perfect, though when Allah decides to take my life, I get the feeling I have reached my highest potential to do good. At the same time I'm scared and anxious, that I could do more. So now I have decided whatever I do, whatever decision I make and the time allocated to me, must be used very wisely.

I'm sick of this world. When I was younger, all I thought about getting a very good job with a high salary, so I can buy whatever I want and have a comfortable lifestyle and to gain a high status in society for selfish reasons. I thought I would be happy. Though I was foolish, naive and forgot to take into account the reality of this world. The pleasures that provided in this world are distractions and only increase your hunger for more which can never be quenched. I realised we are not truly happy and all I would be doing is falling into a trap, that others have fallen into.

I feel sick that I used to spend hours and hours playing computer games, when I could have used my time wisely. All I ended up buying so many computer games and wasted so much of my parent’s money. I feel guilty and pathetic. It took me years to realise this.

I'm glad I have realised that before it got too late. I decided to live a very simplistic life, and just try to focus my attention to Allah.

- IqRa -
07-15-2009, 12:33 PM
^MashaAllah, only 17 years old and you think like that! Indeed you have been guided by Allah!

To the thread starter: I don't think any of us will be ready to die completely, because of the weight of sins on our shoulders that feel like big mountains, and drag us down... but at the end of the day we should have hope in Allah's Mercy, and we should love to meet Him... and hopw He will forgive our sins, big and small, Ameen...

waqas maqsood
01-20-2010, 06:02 AM
This might sound silly but is there going to be like a ranking system to enter Jannah??

latiffa
01-20-2010, 07:59 PM
A very interesting question who supose many answers because the reasons can be different....

So, if I am ready to die this means I do all the best in this life...but I am sure not...
or
If I am ready to die means that I am too old and allready this life is enough for me...
or
If I am ready to die means that....I want to be in heaven...if i deserve of course...
and the list of IF... continue....

- IqRa -
01-20-2010, 08:25 PM
I was ready back then but not anymore..

IbnAbdulHakim
01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Confus1on
I was ready back then but not anymore..
if you fear Allah and due to that dont want to die, then your ready

wallahu a'lam

abu_musab461
01-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Who ever loves allah, allah loves to meet them.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-21-2010, 06:46 AM
Edit

syilla
01-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Facing death with cancer :(

cat eyes
01-21-2010, 06:21 PM
well i want to gain as much rewards as i can before Allah takes my soul inshaAllah this has become my habit of thinking now. haha that probably seems selfish

Woodrow
01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
It makes no sense to not try to live a life in which we are not always preparing for death. It is best to be ready to die this very moment as this moment can easily be our last moment.

The time between birth and death is a very short fleeting moment.

IbnAbdulHakim
01-21-2010, 09:22 PM
lol this thread makes me feel like i got a gun pointed to my head

"ARE YOU READY TO DIE?"

Somaiyah
01-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I don't want to vote anything. Yes, I am a Muslim. But no, I will never be ready to die. I will never feel that I have done enough for serving Allah swt and I will always feel I can do something better or do something more for Allah swt. I will never be ready to die but when I do, then I guess I am ready because Allah swt chose it was time for me to die.

Ali_uk
01-21-2010, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
lol this thread makes me feel like i got a gun pointed to my head

"ARE YOU READY TO DIE?"
lol I agree!

I also agree that I will never be ready to die, i love my family and cherish each moment i can have with them.

Ali_008
01-22-2010, 01:38 AM
I think, the meaning of this thread is getting closed with people not totally understanding the question. I never said that you will feel that you've done enough for Allah because its simply impossible. No matter what we do, we'll never be able to thank Him enough for his grace and blessings. I'm talking about how the Sahaba used to feel. About how they were content with whatever they had and some of them even ran into martyrdom with smiles on their faces. I don't remember the name of the Sahabi but he (RadhiAllahu Anhu) said he could smell the fragrance of paradise before his death in the battleground. I don't mean to say that you feel you've done quite well and you stop doing anything more rather the love of Allah reaches a great level in your heart because of which you run headlong in doing righteous deeds. Its just a fearless attitude that grows inside of you as you understand the real meaning of life and have negligible concern for the life of this world.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.