/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Separation of sexes in a non-Muslim gathering

AnonymousPoster
07-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum,

First of all, I'm curious as to what the rulings are regarding the separation of sexes in a gathering where a Muslim is speaking to a group of non-Muslims. This particular scenario would be a Muslim speaker inviting non-Muslims to hear about Islam. Such an event may be held at the masjid, but more likely it would be in a lecture hall or similar venue.

If it's not held at a masjid, I would think the rules of segregation still apply, but perhaps someone more learned can enlighten me.

And if the men and women are to be separated, is it necessary to have any kind of "disclaimer" at the start of the speech to address this issue, or are people generally OK with it?

Thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.