/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am so sick of my job... as a lawyer...

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 06:03 AM
I am not happy... it always stressful ... I need a break...

I am so sick with this job...+o(

any suggestions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
07-13-2009, 06:14 AM
:salamext:

Why? Are you going through a hardship? Should I assist you in providing a few hadiths ,perhaps?

:w:

جوري
07-13-2009, 06:17 AM
join all the working men and women brother in hating their jobs...
I remember the first day when I started my Ob-GYN rota, after 33 hrs and a migraine that sent me vomiting in this hideous looking bathroom I just sat on the filthy floor crying..
the nurses were horrible, my attendings were horrible, the patients were horrible but in their case understandably so.. and all I could think to myself is sob7an Allah.. it doesn't matter how much studying you do and how much you give up of your life to have a better life and career and some autonomy, you still end up in a crappy joint, stressed, miserable and unhappy with people beating on you..

I think that is why it is life.. I have rarely come across a person who is happy in their job.. I mean Johns Hopkins grads who hold very high positions wanting to retire early from the stress in their life.. I also know of two anesthsiologists who shot themselves to death and one GP fellow who collpased and died suddenly in the prime of his life...

life is a ***** and then we die... I think you should focus on the part of your life that doesn't butter your bread and look to it for warmth and happiness.. seldom do people find that in their job...

and Allah swt knows best

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 06:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
:salamext:

Why? Are you going through a hardship? Should I assist you in providing a few hadiths ,perhaps?

Why I am stress with this work:

1) You have to clean up the mess did by your clients

2) Clients often lie and not telling the truth.. so when you lost the case they'll blame the lawyers for not making the courts believing in their stories..

3) I'm not a Sharia Court lawyer... so i dont think that the job i have right now is Islamic.

4) Those lazy clerks at courts, really give me headaches.

5) The worst thing of all, if I quit this job... I dont know what else should I be doing..

p/s: sorry, I "exploded" today because of a client... he said something else before, and now saying the other thing and expected everything to be settled quickly.:raging:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 06:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
join all the working men and women brother in hating their jobs...
I remember the first day when I started my Ob-GYN rota, after 33 hrs and a migraine that sent me vomiting in this hideous looking bathroom I just sat on the filthy floor crying..
the nurses were horrible, my attendings were horrible, the patients were horrible but in their case understandably so.. and all I could think to myself is sob7an Allah.. it doesn't matter how much studying you do and how much you give up of your life to have a better life and career and some autonomy, you still end up in a crappy joint, stressed, miserable and unhappy with people beating on you..

I think that is why it is life.. I have rarely come across a person who is happy in their job.. I mean Johns Hopkins grads who hold very high positions wanting to retire early from the stress in their life.. I also know of two anesthsiologists who shot themselves to death and one GP fellow who collpased and died suddenly in the prime of his life...

life is a ***** and then we die... I think you should focus on the part of your life that doesn't butter your bread and look to it for warmth and happiness.. seldom do people find that in their job...

and Allah swt knows best

sorry, I'm just so stressed...

جوري
07-13-2009, 06:42 AM
I am not sure how the law works in Malaysia.. have you tried applying for a position as a district attorney?
that way you can put the bad guys in jail rather than defend them? lol

you have to assume people are telling the truth.. just like in medicine you have to assume competence even if your patient has Alzheimer's .. in other words, if they are telling you one story, I don't see why you should disbelieve it.. only they can bear the sin of lying.. you can only work with what they give you...

anyhow maybe the best thing for you right now is a two week vacation.. but I assure you that most of the working people in the world are very unhappy in their jobs.. in the current economy of the U.S people who are unhappy in their jobs can't afford to quit even.. so I just suggest you take a little break and maybe find a hobby on the side to Channel your unhappiness.. painting or something or writing poetry..

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 07:00 AM
I am not sure how the law works in Malaysia.. have you tried applying for a position as a district attorney?
that way you can put the bad guys in jail rather than defend them? lol
we call it as DPP (Deputy Public Prosecutor), it takes one year time before being appointed as one... and I dont like practising Criminal Laws... which even unIslamic than the civil laws... (well, that just my personal view)

you have to assume people are telling the truth.. just like in medicine you have to assume competence even if your patient has Alzheimer's .. in other words, if they are telling you one story, I don't see why you should disbelieve it.. only they can bear the sin of lying.. you can only work with what they give you...
Done this... but we (the lawyers) always discover the truth during trial..

anyhow maybe the best thing for you right now is a two week vacation.. but I assure you that most of the working people in the world are very unhappy in their jobs.. in the current economy of the U.S people who are unhappy in their jobs can't afford to quit even.. so I just suggest you take a little break and maybe find a hobby on the side to Channel your unhappiness.. painting or something or writing poetry..

yeah.. I need small break... really.... thanks for the advice... JazakAllah!! I was totally freaking out .. now I'm a lil bit calm...

جوري
07-13-2009, 07:20 AM
yeah you know I had my tricks of getting through the really difficult days, which was not to overwhelm myself with them all at once.. so I am not frantic.. I can tell you many examples of how but I took a sleeping pill and I hope this doesn't all blow in my face tomorrow, as I am known to say crazy things on ambien..

just take things as they come, one minute at a time, one hour at a time and give yourself deserved breaks...

if someone lies and it comes out through trial, it is their fault not yours, so long as they pay their dues to you.. I mean if I come to you after having killed somebody and ask you for a loop hole the least I can do is be forthcoming so the other side doesn't crucify me in court.. while you think of legal mambo jumbo to get me off, I don't know insanity or something.. anyhow, bottom line is they have no one to blame but themselves firstly for crime committed and secondly for lying about crimes committed and you get paid at the end of the day and go home to your wife and kids.. it is just another job...

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 07:38 AM
at the end of the day and go home to your wife and kids..
I'm not married yet... ok that's another problem... my parents want me to marry to a Malaysian girl, or should I say a Penangite girl...

But I dont like Malaysian/Penangite/Malay girls because they believe in superstitions and "Bomoh" (Medicine-Man) .. yes, black magic exists .. but I dont trust those who claim that they can cure all sort of diseases (including black magic) but they have no professional certs to prove that..

syilla
07-13-2009, 07:41 AM
lets open up a cafe yay!!!

p/s:- as if i'm doing it...i will i will i will...one day :hiding:

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
lets open up a cafe yay!!!

p/s:- as if i'm doing it...i will i will i will...one day :hiding:
lol... like Radix Chicken... it needs RM 1,500,000.00 to open a branch...

syilla
07-13-2009, 08:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
lol... like Radix Chicken... it needs RM 1,500,000.00 to open a branch...
not syilla cafe...huhu :X

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 08:19 AM
not syilla cafe...huhu :X
you want to sell what kind of food...... maybe i should open a Malaysian restaurant abroad.

syilla
07-13-2009, 08:25 AM
you want to sell what kind of food...... maybe i should open a Malaysian restaurant abroad.
The popular ones.. like laksa, kuih, and some kelantanese food. (menu changing every week...lol)

and not to forget...my popular muffins too... :D

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 08:32 AM
The popular ones.. like laksa, kuih, and some kelantanese food. (menu changing every week...lol)

and not to forget...my popular muffins too... :D
but .. dont you think that there are like millions of restaurants in Malaysia.. i dont think it's easy to survive... unless you're selling cheap...

- IqRa -
07-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Train in something else?

syilla
07-13-2009, 08:36 AM
but .. dont you think that there are like millions of restaurants in Malaysia.. i dont think it's easy to survive... unless you're selling cheap...
and why...it is hard for me to go to one... :blind: i'm so...not into rice... :X

Probably is easy to find it in Penang...but not here in my area.

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Train in something else?
i have to take a break.. just to think about this... JazakAllah for the advise

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Probably is easy to find it in Penang...but not here in my area.
lol... you cant die of hunger in Penang ... even the homeless people from other states come to Penang as there are many NGOs giving free food.

UmmSqueakster
07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm a paralegal here in america, and I concure, the legal field is a sole suck. One thing that lawyers (and their staff like me) do here is pro bono work - volunteering their services to help the poor or non profit organizations. Would there be a way that you could spend a few hours each week doing that?

Snowflake
07-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Gosh! I'm sorry for you all being in horrible jobs. I know the feeling pretty well. I've done some jobs which I hated in the past but no more. In one place, I walked out 2 hours after starting a new job! And I didn't even bother telling my employer :lol:

I would recommend to anyone, that if you can, go self-employed. Start your own business. If capital is an issue, start online where there are hardly any overhead costs. I know business is not for everyone. But if you are one of those people who want to be your own boss and never have to answer to anyone again, then give it some serious thought in starting one.

ardianto
07-13-2009, 03:31 PM

2) Clients often lie and not telling the truth.. so when you lost the case they'll blame the lawyers for not making the courts believing in their stories..

3) I'm not a Sharia Court lawyer... so i dont think that the job i have right now is Islamic.

5) The worst thing of all, if I quit this job... I dont know what else should I be doing..

p/s: sorry, I "exploded" today because of a client... he said something else before, and now saying the other thing and expected everything to be settled quickly.:raging:
Does your client seeking for justice or seeking for winning ?.
Does your client asks 'a honestly advice' or asks 'a profesional advice' ?
Don't answer these questions because I know what's the answer.

I can understand if you were 'exploded' because you must defend a client who try to hide his/her fault, pretend as innocent, and urged you to do everything to get winning in this case.

I can understand if you want to quit from this job.
Okay, you can take a rest for while.

But, don't you know, brother ?, there are many innocent victims in court room. They are not guilty but because they don't know anything about law and they are poor and powerless, they oftenly become victims in law system.
Back to court room, brother. For defend them.
I am sure they have no money and you can't get a payment from them. But, Insha Allah, If you defend them, you will get your payment in another place, when the day has comes.

People say "there is no lawyer in Jannah". That's right, there is no lawyer in Jannah, but there are many 'defender of justice' in Jannah. I am sure, you know what is difference between law and justice.

For help those people, you can work alone or you can join in NGO. In Indonesia this is 'Yayasan Lembaga Bantuan Hukum Indonesia'. But I don't know what is a name of NGO like this in Malaysia.

And about making money, you can establish 'Kedai nasi north_malaysian' or 'north_malaysian motorcycle repair', or other business.

That is my advice. Please forgive me if I say some words that offend you.

Amadeus85
07-13-2009, 09:02 PM
North Malaysian if You dont want a Malay girl, so which You want? Indonesian, Thai (muslim) of course. Hope that its not too personal, but I have friends from SE Asia in my college and thats why I know these people a bit :P

malayloveislam
07-14-2009, 04:04 AM
I'm sorry upon hearing this. I can't imagine how hard to be a lawyer but that must be a burden to defend bad people if you are a criminal lawyer while it is against your principles. I personally think that maybe you can get Syariah certificate for civilians and it is not so costly to get that from selected institution. It's not so far from Law and just a bit shifting to other side which is in the boundary of Islam :D.

I had also experienced a year doing something that I don't really like before entering the varsity. I worked as a Chinese interpreter in Immigration Department and I saw the influx of prostitutes entering our country from China. I really hate seeing that while I have to help interpreting what the prostitutes are saying and sometimes have to defend them doing bad things, also helping illegal workers and the dealers who have their backbone from the ministry and taking the advantages from tourism industry.

They are protected by the ministry themselves and even the officers can't say anything because their hands were tied. Some of the Muslim Malay officers too are jealous to me because my salary is much higher than them while actually they've got many incentives and support from their employer while I was just a contract worker. They hope that my contract will be quickly terminated and trying to do many unpleasant things to me. I'm the only Muslim and Malay interpreter for Chinese there and others are non-Muslim Chinese interpreters. My intention there was just to help Muslim Chinese who want to perform pilgrimage to Mecca stranded in Kuala Lumpur International Airport, and actually I had met few Uighur people and getting the chance talking with them.

Now our PM is changing again and I don't really care what happened now. Politicians are sucks, I don't trust in them anymore while I only put my trust in Quran and Sunnah which means I only care to my muslim brothers and sisters! Luckily I was accepted to be a student in the varsity and I thank Allah for releasing me from that evil place.

Currently, I had just finished my study last April and it is almost 6 months I'm stranded at home waiting for job interviews and reading what my brothers and sisters posted in Islamic forum, at least I can learn many things from the forum :D. I'm thinking of doing business online too like some brothers and sisters suggested. Maybe we can promote Muslim products from around the world while now our people are facing persecution and we can't only boycotting their products while we don't have anything as a support for ourselves. Profit is not really what we want although it's not forbidden, but we just providing services to the Ummah :statisfie.

north_malaysian
07-14-2009, 05:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Assalamu Alaikum,

I'm a paralegal here in america, and I concure, the legal field is a sole suck. One thing that lawyers (and their staff like me) do here is pro bono work - volunteering their services to help the poor or non profit organizations. Would there be a way that you could spend a few hours each week doing that?
we have those too, but it's hard for me to be involved there as I have to handle everything in the office...

north_malaysian
07-14-2009, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Gosh! I'm sorry for you all being in horrible jobs. I know the feeling pretty well. I've done some jobs which I hated in the past but no more. In one place, I walked out 2 hours after starting a new job! And I didn't even bother telling my employer :lol:

I would recommend to anyone, that if you can, go self-employed. Start your own business. If capital is an issue, start online where there are hardly any overhead costs. I know business is not for everyone. But if you are one of those people who want to be your own boss and never have to answer to anyone again, then give it some serious thought in starting one.
I'm all for business ... but what should I be selling? any suggestions?

north_malaysian
07-14-2009, 06:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Does your client seeking for justice or seeking for winning ?.
Does your client asks 'a honestly advice' or asks 'a profesional advice' ?
Don't answer these questions because I know what's the answer.
yes... i bet i do know your answer

I can understand if you were 'exploded' because you must defend a client who try to hide his/her fault, pretend as innocent, and urged you to do everything to get winning in this case.
yes...

I can understand if you want to quit from this job.
Okay, you can take a rest for while.
i am thinking of doing that...

But, don't you know, brother ?, there are many innocent victims in court room. They are not guilty but because they don't know anything about law and they are poor and powerless, they oftenly become victims in law system.
I've met zillions of them... sued by my clients...

Back to court room, brother. For defend them.
I am sure they have no money and you can't get a payment from them. But, Insha Allah, If you defend them, you will get your payment in another place, when the day has comes.
But i need money too... maybe i should be in other professions but still offer advise for those poor people...

People say "there is no lawyer in Jannah". That's right, there is no lawyer in Jannah, but there are many 'defender of justice' in Jannah. I am sure, you know what is difference between law and justice.
I learnt something in the university... there is no right or wrong... it just like the other side of the coin...

For help those people, you can work alone or you can join in NGO. In Indonesia this is 'Yayasan Lembaga Bantuan Hukum Indonesia'. But I don't know what is a name of NGO like this in Malaysia.
we have Legal Aid under the Malaysian Bar Council... I usually advise poor people to go there...

And about making money, you can establish 'Kedai nasi north_malaysian' or 'north_malaysian motorcycle repair', or other business.
"Motorcycle Repair"? I dont know a thing about it.... dont blame me if those motorbikes explode :exhausted

That is my advice. Please forgive me if I say some words that offend you.
No.. nothing wrong with these.. I am thankful... JazakAllah!!!

north_malaysian
07-14-2009, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
North Malaysian if You dont want a Malay girl, so which You want? Indonesian, Thai (muslim) of course. Hope that its not too personal, but I have friends from SE Asia in my college and thats why I know these people a bit :P
lol.... you wanna play matchmaking huh? :D

syilla
07-14-2009, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
don't bother...he is being matched to too many girls already... :blind: :p.

If you don't believe me...just ask his sister :D

north_malaysian
07-14-2009, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam
I'm sorry upon hearing this. I can't imagine how hard to be a lawyer but that must be a burden to defend bad people if you are a criminal lawyer while it is against your principles. I personally think that maybe you can get Syariah certificate for civilians and it is not so costly to get that from selected institution. It's not so far from Law and just a bit shifting to other side which is in the boundary of Islam :D.
i am not into criminal laws... just civil... Shariah certs? But how "Islamic" is our Shariah laws?

I had also experienced a year doing something that I don't really like before entering the varsity. I worked as a Chinese interpreter in Immigration Department and I saw the influx of prostitutes entering our country from China. I really hate seeing that while I have to help interpreting what the prostitutes are saying and sometimes have to defend them doing bad things, also helping illegal workers and the dealers who have their backbone from the ministry and taking the advantages from tourism industry.

They are protected by the ministry themselves and even the officers can't say anything because their hands were tied. Some of the Muslim Malay officers too are jealous to me because my salary is much higher than them while actually they've got many incentives and support from their employer while I was just a contract worker. They hope that my contract will be quickly terminated and trying to do many unpleasant things to me. I'm the only Muslim and Malay interpreter for Chinese there and others are non-Muslim Chinese interpreters. My intention there was just to help Muslim Chinese who want to perform pilgrimage to Mecca stranded in Kuala Lumpur International Airport, and actually I had met few Uighur people and getting the chance talking with them.
wow.. you're great.... I've seen lots of immigrants in courts without interpreters in their languages ie. Vietnamese and Nepali.

Now our PM is changing again and I don't really care what happened now. Politicians are sucks, I don't trust in them anymore while I only put my trust in Quran and Sunnah which means I only care to my muslim brothers and sisters! Luckily I was accepted to be a student in the varsity and I thank Allah for releasing me from that evil place.
ermm... university an "evil place"?

Currently, I had just finished my study last April and it is almost 6 months I'm stranded at home waiting for job interviews and reading what my brothers and sisters posted in Islamic forum, at least I can learn many things from the forum :D.
I waited 5 months before convocation ... because during the 9 months pupillage under a Master Lawyer it's hard to get a leave... (in Malaysia, you have to undergo a pupillage at a legal firm, under supervision of a master, who is a lawyer practising more than 7 years before being admitted as an advocate and solicitor under High Court of Malaya)

I'm thinking of doing business online too like some brothers and sisters suggested. Maybe we can promote Muslim products from around the world while now our people are facing persecution and we can't only boycotting their products while we don't have anything as a support for ourselves. Profit is not really what we want although it's not forbidden, but we just providing services to the Ummah :statisfie.
me too...:thumbs_up

north_malaysian
07-14-2009, 06:10 AM
don't bother...he is being matched to too many girls already... :blind: :p.

If you don't believe me...just ask his sister :D
oh.. you've been asking my sister on the facebook right? she's great...:D

malayloveislam
07-14-2009, 06:49 AM
ermm... university an "evil place"?
Oh...I mean the department where I previously worked. I hate that place and I assume it as evil because I had to help dark industries escaped into our country.The time I received acceptance letter to study in the varsity is a relieve :statisfie I love being a student there, I learn many things from my friends than in the lectures.

north_malaysian
07-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Oh...I mean the department where I previously worked. I hate that place and I assume it as evil because I had to help dark industries escaped into our country.The time I received acceptance letter to study in the varsity is a relieve :statisfie I love being a student there, I learn many things from my friends than in the lectures.
oohhh.... phew:exhausted

malayloveislam
07-14-2009, 07:01 AM
i am not into criminal laws... just civil... Shariah certs? But how "Islamic" is our Shariah laws?
I guess our Syariah Law is just dwelling in matrimonial cases. Others only quarter being practiced and I'm so disappointed. I hope Muslims around the world awake and learn more about Syariah, it's not only a Law but our Way of Life. I took Syariah last time in my STPM (A-Level), although without a good grade, but at least I can grab some understanding about our religion :D.

I've seen lots of immigrants in courts without interpreters in their languages ie. Vietnamese and Nepali.
Yikes, Vietnamese is a difficult language. However an Urdu-Hindi speaker still can communicate with Nepali although with some difficulties.

I waited 5 months before convocation ... because during the 9 months pupillage under a Master Lawyer it's hard to get a leave... (in Malaysia, you have to undergo a pupillage at a legal firm, under supervision of a master, who is a lawyer practising more than 7 years before being admitted as an advocate and solicitor under High Court of Malaya)
Wow, that's tough! At least you have vast experience before working in the real world. I had learned the introduction to Law in our lecture and one of our lecturer is a Sikh lawyer. Even the introduction to the field is quite a headache, I still can't even imagine how hard lawyers have to deal with cases and their inner-selves voice. Luckily he's not so serious like a stereotypical lawyer we've seen before :D I learned Urdu-Punjabi from him too and he's quite a nice respecting others person.

I've heard that a lawyer too had been cast black magic by the clients because of dissatisfaction. That's cruel!!! Maybe you should also recite Ayatul-Kursi and al-Fatihah whenever and wherever you are seeking Allah's protection.

north_malaysian
07-14-2009, 07:12 AM
I guess our Syariah Law is just dwelling in matrimonial cases. Others only quarter being practiced and I'm so disappointed. I hope Muslims around the world awake and learn more about Syariah, it's not only a Law but our Way of Life. I took Syariah last time in my STPM (A-Level), although without a good grade, but at least I can grab some understanding about our religion :D.
not only on family matters... trust me.. there are clients asking to change the religion, or to mitigate (reducing) the sentence for them of adultery (zina) or close proximity (khalwat) offences etc. I just say that I have no jurisdiction in Shariah Courts...

Yikes, Vietnamese is a difficult language. However an Urdu-Hindi speaker still can communicate with Nepali although with some difficulties.
We dont have enough Urdu/Hindi translators too... usually only in Malay, Chinese Languages or Tamil. Retired people who can speak Tagalog, Vietnamese, Khmer, Bengali, Hindi etc should be allowed to be part-time translators at courts... poor immigrants...

Wow, that's tough! At least you have vast experience before working in the real world. I had learned the introduction to Law in our lecture and one of our lecturer is a Sikh lawyer. Even the introduction to the field is quite a headache, I still can't even imagine how hard lawyers have to deal with cases and their inner-selves voice. Luckily he's not so serious like a stereotypical lawyer we've seen before :D I learned Urdu-Punjabi from him too and he's quite a nice respecting others person.
No non-law students who learnt laws subjects said to me that learning the law is easy.

I've heard that a lawyer too had been cast black magic by the clients because of dissatisfaction. That's cruel!!! Maybe you should also recite Ayatul-Kursi and al-Fatihah whenever and wherever you are seeking Allah's protection.
A friend of mine, suspected of being casted black magic went to Islamic Alternative healer and the healer said that all doorsteps of all courts have black magic casted by bad people for the judges and lawyers...

I believe that black magic does exist but God is more powerful than anything... and I dont believe the witchdoctors (bomoh)...

IslamicRevival
07-14-2009, 07:35 AM
At least you've got a job :)

Muslim Woman
07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Salaam

...I'm not a Sharia Court lawyer... so i dont think that the job i have right now is Islamic.
If Malaysian laws do not contradict with Quran , then may be it's ok to continue the job ?? May be , you can start learing about Shariw law so that u can decide which case to handle or refuse.

May Allah make it easy for you , Ameen.

ardianto
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
........ and I dont believe the witchdoctors (bomoh)...
And not every Malay girl believe the wicthdoctors.
Do you know what I mean ?. :D

GuestFellow
07-14-2009, 07:28 PM

Don't worry/stress out!

Every job can be frustrating/annoying. Like I did working experience at a hospital and I hated the fact the kitchen was messy. I couldn't make myself some tea or coffee. >_> I had to put up with annoying, immature workers and I had to answer the phone and deal with annoying people. I even had to wait outside for like twenty minutes every time I enter the building. If I had to photocopy some work, it would be at the second floor and I was the fifth floor. I couldn't use the lift since it was used by the medical staff/patients and I had to walk back and forth to photo copy papers. Worst of all, I got lost in the building and I sometimes was stuck in certain parts of the hospitals, since my card to open doors would only work on certain doors. <_<

However during working experience, I always had something to laugh about. I guess when your in a frustrating situation, just remember something funny. I laugh a lot and that seems to ease my troubles....though some people thought I was weird laughing for no reason. :skeleton:

Same with college. I never understood anything about AS Statistics and I HATED probability and drawing tree diagrams. When I got fed up I just thought of something funny.

I'm sure there were times at your career where funny things happened. Like you must have met some funny clients...

Layla454
07-14-2009, 07:45 PM
If you really don't like your job, then how about a change in career? Maybe the change would do you good?

north_malaysian
07-15-2009, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
At least you've got a job :)
alhamdulillah I am financially ok... but mentally..... stressful..

north_malaysian
07-15-2009, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

If Malaysian laws do not contradict with Quran , then may be it's ok to continue the job ?? May be , you can start learing about Shariw law so that u can decide which case to handle or refuse.

May Allah make it easy for you , Ameen.
There are no hudood laws or qisas in both civil and shariah courts in Malaysia...

I've learnt Sharia laws in the university.. I just need to apply for Shariah practising cert..

north_malaysian
07-15-2009, 01:21 AM
And not every Malay girl believe the wicthdoctors.
Do you know what I mean ?. :D
which is hard to find... I have lots of friends who are divorced... of course there are many sorts of problems.. but there must be elements of witchdoctors involved...

north_malaysian
07-15-2009, 01:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Don't worry/stress out!

Every job can be frustrating/annoying. Like I did working experience at a hospital and I hated the fact the kitchen was messy. I couldn't make myself some tea or coffee. >_> I had to put up with annoying, immature workers and I had to answer the phone and deal with annoying people. I even had to wait outside for like twenty minutes every time I enter the building. If I had to photocopy some work, it would be at the second floor and I was the fifth floor. I couldn't use the lift since it was used by the medical staff/patients and I had to walk back and forth to photo copy papers. Worst of all, I got lost in the building and I sometimes was stuck in certain parts of the hospitals, since my card to open doors would only work on certain doors.
ok.. that's so annoying...

north_malaysian
07-15-2009, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Layla454
If you really don't like your job, then how about a change in career? Maybe the change would do you good?
I believe a change in career would make me feel better..

Yanal
07-15-2009, 02:01 AM
:sl:

To be honest I actually thought that being a lawyer would be a great career. Seems not...what are the advantages and disadvantages of being a lawyer. I think brother Muezzin's perspective on this would be a great determining factor as he is also a lawyer. But I guess he must be on his way to Umrah insha'Allah,best to PM him after a few weeks have passed by insha'Allah.

:wa:

north_malaysian
07-15-2009, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

To be honest I actually thought that being a lawyer would be a great career. Seems not...what are the advantages and disadvantages of being a lawyer. I think brother Muezzin's perspective on this would be a great determining factor as he is also a lawyer. But I guess he must be on his way to Umrah insha'Allah,best to PM him after a few weeks have passed by insha'Allah.

:wa:
thanks for PM him Yanal.. JazakAllah!

GuestFellow
07-15-2009, 09:54 AM
ok.. that's so annoying...
I had my mobile phone with me to keep me company. XD

north_malaysian
07-16-2009, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I had my mobile phone with me to keep me company. XD
thanks to Allah!!! :D

Layla454
07-16-2009, 09:03 AM
I believe a change in career would make me feel better..
Then go for it insha Allah

Muslim Woman
07-28-2009, 05:06 PM

today I saw a power point presentation on horrible jobs. Sorry don't know how to post it . I browsed & most probably this is the link .

… a mobile toilet !

The point is : Just be thankful for your job !And now hurry back to your job !

http://www.authorstream.com/Presenta...pt-powerpoint/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.