/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the title given to those who never met the Prophet?

Mr_Ali
07-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Salamwalium,

I am aware that there were some Muslims at the time of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) who didn't get the honour to meet the Prophet. What is the title given to them?

Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong section.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Muslim.

But why you ask ? Did you heard another title for them ?

ardianto
07-13-2009, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Tabi'een?
No. Tabi'een are Muslims whe were born few years after prophet Muhammad (saw) back to Rahmatullah (passed away).

aadil77
07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
I think it is tabi'een, they are the people who have met the sahaba but not the prophet

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr_Ali
07-13-2009, 04:32 PM
not taibeen they come after shahaba i'm talking about people who never met the prophet but were old than him and were also muslim

Mr_Ali
07-13-2009, 04:33 PM
older*** how do i edit a post?

aadil77
07-13-2009, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ali
older*** how do i edit a post?
I don't know, did they have a title?

you need to have 50 posts to be full member nd be able to edit

Mr_Ali
07-13-2009, 04:46 PM
50 posts? That’s great.

Yes they do have a title I was told by Abu Usama of Green Lane Masjid, Birmingham but I forget. I knew I should have taken a pen and paper with me to make notes. :(

ardianto
07-14-2009, 04:32 AM
50 posts? That’s great.

Yes they do have a title I was told by Abu Usama of Green Lane Masjid, Birmingham but I forget. I knew I should have taken a pen and paper with me to make notes. :(
Abu Usama ?.
I hope I can ask this question directly to him. Unfortunately, I am not living in UK.
Wait, wait. Is he Abu Usama who I know from some articles ?

ardianto
07-14-2009, 04:49 AM
I am so curious too.
I never heard about title for them. But, there were two category of Muslim during prophet Muhammad (saw) period.
First, Muhajireen. Muslims who follow RasulAllah hijrah to Madinah.
Second, Anshar. Origin people of Madinah.

Maybe they are Anshar. They accepted Islam before RasulAllah hijrah to Madinah. But, they had meet RasulAllah in Madinah. So, who are they ?

Soulja Girl
07-14-2009, 04:15 PM
:sl:

Erm, are you talking about people liike Uwais Al Qarni? Who for some reason or another, couldn't meet the Prophet :saws:

Though I've no idea what they are called? :-\

:w:

chacha_jalebi
07-14-2009, 05:14 PM
do they actually have a title? or did someone just decide them to give them one?

Yanal
07-14-2009, 05:16 PM

^Thats what I am confused about..

Just call them Muslim.

rpwelton
07-14-2009, 05:18 PM
According to a lecture given by Anwar Al-Awlaki about the seerah of the Prophet (peace be upon him), specifically mentioning Owais Al Qarni, they are indeed called Tabi'een.

Allahu alim if that's correct, but this is what he reported.

Imam
07-14-2009, 11:08 PM
Salamwalium,

I am aware that there were some Muslims at the time of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) who didn't get the honour to meet the Prophet. What is the title given to them?

peace

They are called

Almukhadramin

المخضرمين

Yanal
07-14-2009, 11:18 PM
We have many opinions as you can see,none have authentic proof,best to ask someone more intelligent in these matters insha'Allah,perhaps your local Imam?
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Tabi'een?
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Abu Usama ?.
I hope I can ask this question directly to him. Unfortunately, I am not living in UK.
Wait, wait. Is he Abu Usama who I know from some articles ?
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I am so curious too.
I never heard about title for them. But, there were two category of Muslim during prophet Muhammad (saw) period.
First, Muhajireen. Muslims who follow RasulAllah hijrah to Madinah.
Second, Anshar. Origin people of Madinah.

Maybe they are Anshar. They accepted Islam before RasulAllah hijrah to Madinah. But, they had meet RasulAllah in Madinah. So, who are they ?
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

Erm, are you talking about people liike Uwais Al Qarni? Who for some reason or another, couldn't meet the Prophet :saws:

Though I've no idea what they are called? :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by Imam
peace

They are called

Almukhadramin

المخضرمين

Imam
07-14-2009, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
:sl: So many opinions:
but mine is the correct,it is supported by the books in Hadith science

as (the knowledge of the science of hadith by Alhakem)

قال أبو عبد الله الحاكم رحمه الله :
" فأما المخضرمون من التابعين ـ هم الذين أدركوا الجاهلية وحياة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وليست لهم صحبة ـ فهم : أبو رجاء العطاردي ، وأبو وائل الأسدي ، وسويد بن غَفَلَة ، وعثمان النهدي ، وغيرهم من التابعين " انتهى .
" معرفة علوم الحديث " (ص/44)

Abu Abdullah Alhakem said:

Almukhadramon from Tabie are those who lived pre Islam and during the life of the prophet peace be upon him as well but they had not accompanied him.. as Abu rajaa Alataredy,Abu Wael Alasady,suwaid ben ghafla,Othman Alnahdy and others etc.....

and (the introduction by Hafiz Ibn Alsalah)

وقال الحافظ أبو عمرو ابن الصلاح رحمه الله :
" المخضرمون من التابعين : هم الذين أدركوا الجاهلية وحياة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وأسلموا ولا صحبة لهم . واحدهم مخضرَم - بفتح الراء - كأنه خُضْرِم : أي قُطع عن نظرائه الذين أدركوا الصحبة وغيرها . وذكرهم ( مسلم ) فبلغ بهم عشرين نفسا منهم :
أبو عمرو الشيباني ، وسويد بن غفلة الكندي ، وعمرو بن ميمون الأودي ، وعبد خير بن يزيد الخَيْوَانِي ، وأبو عثمان النهدي ، وعبد الرحمن بن مل ، وأبو الحَلَال العَتَكي ربيعة بن زرارة " انتهى.
" المقدمة " (179)

والمخضرم مأخوذ من الشيء المتردد بين أمرين .

Almukhadramon from Tabie are those who lived pre Islam and during the life of the prophet peace be upon him as well but they had not accompanied him.. Muslim mentioned that they were 20 persons .

and (Altakeed walidah by Hafiz Iraqi)

قال الحافظ العراقي رحمه الله :
" المخضرم متردد بين الصحابة لإدراكه زمن الجاهلية والإسلام ، وبين التابعين لعدم رؤية النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ، فهو متردد بين أمرين " انتهى باختصار.
" التقييد والإيضاح " (ص/323)

Almukhadram is the in between person (between Sahabi ) ,as he lived in both before and after the coming of Islam ,and Tabie because he never met the prophet peace be upon him.....

peace

Yanal
07-14-2009, 11:32 PM
JazakAllah Khayr for clarifying but like to translate in English for the users that cannot read Arabic yet?

format_quote Originally Posted by Imam
but mine is the correct,it is supported by the books in Hadith science

as (the knowledge of the science of hadith by Alhakem)

قال أبو عبد الله الحاكم رحمه الله :
" فأما المخضرمون من التابعين ـ هم الذين أدركوا الجاهلية وحياة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وليست لهم صحبة ـ فهم : أبو رجاء العطاردي ، وأبو وائل الأسدي ، وسويد بن غَفَلَة ، وعثمان النهدي ، وغيرهم من التابعين " انتهى .
" معرفة علوم الحديث " (ص/44)

and (the introduction by Hafiz Ibn Alsalah)

وقال الحافظ أبو عمرو ابن الصلاح رحمه الله :
" المخضرمون من التابعين : هم الذين أدركوا الجاهلية وحياة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وأسلموا ولا صحبة لهم . واحدهم مخضرَم - بفتح الراء - كأنه خُضْرِم : أي قُطع عن نظرائه الذين أدركوا الصحبة وغيرها . وذكرهم ( مسلم ) فبلغ بهم عشرين نفسا منهم :
أبو عمرو الشيباني ، وسويد بن غفلة الكندي ، وعمرو بن ميمون الأودي ، وعبد خير بن يزيد الخَيْوَانِي ، وأبو عثمان النهدي ، وعبد الرحمن بن مل ، وأبو الحَلَال العَتَكي ربيعة بن زرارة " انتهى.
" المقدمة " (179)

والمخضرم مأخوذ من الشيء المتردد بين أمرين .

and (Altakeed walidah by Hafiz Iraqi)

قال الحافظ العراقي رحمه الله :
" المخضرم متردد بين الصحابة لإدراكه زمن الجاهلية والإسلام ، وبين التابعين لعدم رؤية النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم ، فهو متردد بين أمرين " انتهى باختصار.
" التقييد والإيضاح " (ص/323)

peace

Imam
07-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Done

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.