/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sh. 'Abdullaah ibn Jibreen (rh) has passed away!

Al-Hanbali
07-13-2009, 08:05 PM
:salamext:

The Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Allaah does not snatch away knowledge from the chests of His servants, but He takes away knowledge by the death of scholars...." [Bukhaaree]

Some of you may or may not be aware; Shaykh 'Abdullaah ibn Jibreen (rahimahullah), who was one of the MAJOR scholars of our era and a member of al-Lajnah ad-Daa'imah, passed away today at approximately 2pm in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

May Allaah elevate his status and grant him Jannat-ul-Firdaus...Ameen!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: This is the annoucement on the Shaykh's website (rough translation):

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allaah, All-Merciful, Most-Merciful

"ولنبلونكم بشيء من الخوف والجوع ونقص من الأموال والأنفس والثمرات وبشر الصابرين * الذين إذا أصابتهم مصيبة قالوا إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون * أولئك عليهم صلوات من ربهم ورحمة وأولئك هم المهتدون"

“And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient, Who, when a misfortune befalls them, say: Surely we are Allah's and to Him we shall surely return. Those are they on whom are blessings and mercy from their Lord, and those are the followers of the right course.” [al-Baqarah: 155-157]

انتقل إلى رحمة الله تعالى شيخنا وإمامنا ووالدنا الشيخ عبدالله بن عبدالرحمن ابن جبرين في الساعة الثانية من بعد ظهر اليوم الاثنين 20/7/1430هـ وسيصلى عليه ظهر غد الثلاثاء 21/7/1430هـ في جامع الإمام تركي بن عبدالله (الجامع الكبير) بالرياض وسيدفن في مقبرة العود .

Our Shaykh, Imaam and Father; ash-Shaykh ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Jibreel returned to the mercy of Allaah, the Most high, at 2 o’ clock, after Dhuhr on Monday 20/7/1430H (corresponding to 13/7/2009). And we will pray over him (i.e. Janaazah) at Dhuhr tomorrow, Tuesday 21/7/1430H (corresponding to 14/7/2009) at Jaami’ al-Imaam Turkee bin ‘Abdillaah (al-Jaami’ al-Kabeer) in Riyadh, and he will be buried at al-‘Awd cemetery.

نسأل الله أن يتغمده برحمته وأن يجزيه عن المسلمين خير الجزاء وأن يجعله مع السفرة الكرام البررة في الفردوس الأعلى من الجنة إنه ولي ذلك والقادر عليه.
وإنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون
مكتب الشيخ عبدالله الجبرين
الاثنين 20/7/1430هـ

We ask Allaah to have mercy upon his soul, and that he benefits the Muslims with goodness and makes him amongst the noble and obedient angels in the firdaws, the highest Jannah.
"Surely we are Allah's and to Him we shall surely return."
Maktab Shaykh 'Abdullah Ibn Jibreen
Monday 20/7/1430H

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
07-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Inalillah wa ina ilayhi raji'oon...

Ameen!

Pk_#2
07-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Innalillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon,

Aameen.

'Abd al-Baari
07-13-2009, 08:26 PM
:sl:

Inna Lillaahi waInna Ilayhi Raji'oon.

May Allaah elevate his status and grant him Jannat-ul-Firdaus...Ameen
Aameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BintAbee
07-13-2009, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan

The Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Allaah does not snatch away knowledge from the chests of His servants, but He takes away knowledge by the death of scholars...." [Bukhaaree]

Some of you may or may not be aware; Shaykh 'Abdullaah ibn Jibreen (rahimahullah), who was one of the MAJOR scholars of our era and a member of al-Lajnah ad-Daa'imah, passed away today at approximately 2pm in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon... Ameen!... May Allah fill his grave with noor and protect him from the punishment of the grave. imsad . Jazakallah khair akhee for the news.

:w:

Uthman
07-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon.

Aameen to the Du'a.

Uthman
07-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Is there a biography or some other information online that we can read about this Sheikh?

Inshaa'Allah that could allow myself and anothers to comprehend his magnitude. Truly this sounds like a great loss to our Ummah.

chacha_jalebi
07-13-2009, 09:16 PM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

truly shockin man, seriously

may Allah bless him, he was a great scholar, its shockin man serios

Yanal
07-13-2009, 09:18 PM

Inna lillahii Wa Inni Ilayhi Raajioon.

About the biography,I cannot find anything authentic about him.

'Abd al-Baari
07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Is there a biography or some other information online that we can read about this Sheikh?

Inshaa'Allah that could allow myself and anothers to comprehend his magnitude. Truly this sounds like a great loss to our Ummah.

He is the noble Shaykh Allamaah Dr. 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Jibreen.

He was born in Miz'al in the town of al-Quway'iyyah to the west of Riyadh in 1349 A.H./1930 C.E.

He studied with a number of scholars, amongst them his first Shaykh - Abu Habeeb 'Abdul-'Azeez ash-Shushree, and also Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Ibraaheem Aal ash-Shaykh, and Shaykh Ismaa'eel al-Ansaaree, and his excellency the noble Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Baaz.

In 1381 A.H./1962 C.E. he was appointed to teach various aspects of the Sharee'ah at the Institute of Imaam ad-Da'wah. He then transferred to the Faculty of Sharee'ah, specifically the department of 'aqeedah. In 1402 A.H./1983 C.E. he was appointed a member of the Administration of Islaamic Research.

In 1390 A.H./1971 C.E. he was awarded a Masters degree from the University of Imaam Muhammad in Riyadh. The title of his research paper was "Akhbaar al-Aahaad fil-Hadeeth an-Nabawee". In 1407 A.H./ 1988 C.E. he was awarded a Doctorate with an grade of excellence, and that was for his research paper entitled: "Tahqeeq Kitaab az-Zarkashee 'alaa Mukhtasir al-Kharqee".

He is a member of the General Presidency of Islaamic Research, Iftaa, Call and Propagation, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He also participates in various seminars and religious forums for the purpose of the propagation of the call to Islaam. He also delivers special lectures for the same cause. He has compiled many books and pamphlets on various Islaamic topics.

Khayal
07-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Bismillaah!'

Assalaam O Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!

Inna Lillahe Wa Inna Ilae'he Raje'on!

Aameen to the all duas.

Wassalamu Alaikum.

Nájlá
07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Inalillah wa ina ilayhi raji'oon...

This is so shockin imsad

May Allah fill his grave with noor and protect him from the punishment of the grave.
may Allah bless him,
Thuma Aameen! imsad

Maimunah
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Inalillah wa ina ilayhi raji'oon

ameen to the duaa

Ar-RaYYan
07-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Inalillah wa ina ilayhi raji'oon... imsad

Ameen to all the duas

Al-Hanbali
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Media Tags are no longer supported

^ A programme where the Shaykh (rahimahullah) talks about his life (its in arabic).

Yanal
07-13-2009, 11:20 PM

I am interested but cannot understand Arabic to an extent. Can someone add subtittles if possible?

yu5uva
07-14-2009, 03:43 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raajiuun. What a great loss to the ummah. May Allah blessed his soul and grant him jannah.

AabiruSabeel
07-14-2009, 04:44 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon. Ameen to all ad'iyah here.

May Allah make his grave Raudhatum min riyadhil Jannah a garden of Paradise.
Ameen.

S_87
07-14-2009, 10:00 AM
subhanAllah what a scholar he was and what a loss to the ummah, inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioun imsad
may Allah have mercy on his soul

- IqRa -
07-14-2009, 10:07 AM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioun

ameen to duas...

Sh. 'Abdullaah ibn Jibreen
...who? :skeleton:

Uthman
07-14-2009, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
...who? :skeleton:
See this post Inshaa'Allah: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1185369

$tranger
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon
Ameen

A Scholar that the Ummah will truly miss.

*Sh. 'Abdullaah ibn Jibreen (rh) has passed away!*

Al-Hanbali
07-14-2009, 10:37 PM
The Shaykh's (rahimahullaah) janaazah:

Media Tags are no longer supported

May Allaah have mercy upon him...Ameen! :cry:

Ummu Sufyaan
07-15-2009, 06:55 AM
imsad

ameen to the ad3iyah...

$tranger
07-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Recounting Memories of Ibn Jibreen - Navaid Aziz :thumbs_up

When I found out about the death of our beloved shaikh yesterday it really did move me. At 8:15 in the morning a brother from Jordan called me and informed me of the sad news. At that time I was playing with the baby, and I couldn’t help but to just put her down and contemplate the great loss the ummah had just faced. The rest of the day played out similarly, and for the first time in many weeks I actually fell asleep early, in sorrow and sadness.
Just to share a couple of moments I had with the shaikh -rahimahullah- to relive those memories one last time. I first met Sh. Ibn Jibreen in 2003, when I took a week off from school to go and visit Riyadh, little did I know that I would have the opportunity to visit one of the greatest scholars of our era. My first encounter was rather a funny one. One that I cannot help but laugh at even as I type this. We walked with the shaikh from his masjid to his house after asr, and this was the first opportunity I had to actually get close to the shaikh and see him in person. It was customary for students of knowledge to kiss their teachers on their foreheads when they met them, and I thought this was what was expected of me. Little did I know that I was literally about to be thrown to the floor! As I approached to kiss his forehead this 75 year old man, no taller than 5′8, literally pushed me ten feet away as if I were a fly! The shaikh, as small as he was, was built like a tank! I was later informed that due to his humility he disliked being treated as a “shaikh”, as he only considered himself a student of knowledge, Rahimahullahu rahmatan wasiy’ah.
Another amazing occurrence I witnessed during this visit was when we attended his Thursday morning dawrah. From fajr till about 10 am he would go through about 12 different books. The books that I remember specifically going through with him at that time were: Tafsir of Al-Tabari, Tafsir of Shawkani, Kitab al-Tawhid, Usool al-thalalthah, Imam Nawawi’s 40 hadith, Sharh al-sunnah of al-Muzani, and the mandhoomah of al-ajrumiyyah. This alone is a great feat and accomplishment, but what comes next is even more spectacular and great. We often say about things that come really easy to us: “I could even do that in my sleep”. How shocked I was when I actually saw someone this proficient in his scholarship! When we reached tafsir al-Tabari the shaikh actually started falling asleep, and we could actually hear him gently snoring. At that point, may Allah forgive me, I actually thought to myself “wow, some shaikh he is. He falls a sleep on his students” amazingly enough as the brother read the book out loud the shaikh was able to point out places where he didn’t pause, or places where there should be a comma and their wasn’t, and even the typographical errors in the book while his eyes were closed and his head leaned forward on his chest! It really was a site to be seen! A man so proficient in what he taught that he could do it in his sleep! Rahimahullahu rahmatan wasiy’ah
My last encounter with him was during my infamous trip to Riyadh in 2007, where two brothers and I took seven questions and asked them to about 7 different scholars of Riyadh, Sh. Ibn Jibreen was one of them. This time we walked with him to his office, and tens of people are walking behind him to get their personal time with the shaikh. I was actually able to catch up to him before he got into the office, and contemplated if I wanted to take my chances kissing his forehead again. This time I asked him in advance if it was alright with him if I gave him a semi-hug (mu’anakah), and he gracefully accepted and smiled back in return, as if he actually remembered the first incident! As we waited in the office for our turn to sit with him and ask him our seven questions we realized that our recorder was running out of space. We decided that we would delete our sitting with one of the hadith scholars or Riyadh, who in all honesty didn’t even address our questions. As we expected, it turned out to be a wise choice. The shaikh simplistically answered all of our questions and left us with even more points of benefit. We parted from Riyadh later that day, and it was definitely an excellent note to part on. Rahimahullahu rahmatan wasiy’ah.
I often wondered how the ummah dealt with the deaths of such luminaries as Abu Hanifah, Malik, Shafi’ee, and Ahmad. Even those after them from the likes of Al-Nawawi, Ibn Hajr, and Ibn Taymiyyah, May Allah have mercy on all of them. After Sh. Ibn Jibreen’s death I have come to realize that we can’t really “deal” with it. Like his predecessors, Sh. Ibn Jibreen filled a great void in true scholarship, the likes we may never see again. Like his predecessors he was truly a giant amongst men. And like his predecessors if the likes of him is replaced with someone who has half the knowledge, half the calibre, and is half the man he was, there would still be plenty of hope in this Ummah. For our sake I pray Allah does.
Sh. Jibreen will certainly be missed.
May Allah have the utmost of mercy upon Sh. Jibreen, forgive him for his shortcomings, and raise him amongst his predecessors from the prophets, the truthful ones, the martyrs, and the righteous, and what good company they truly are. Ameen

وقال فضيلة الشيخ سلمان في تصريح لموقع الإسلام اليوم: “إنَّ فضيلة الشيخ ابن جبرين من أكبرِ علماء المملكة وأقواهم نشاطًا وأوسعهم تأثيرًا.. شديد التواضع.. عميق الإخلاص.. واسع العلم. لم أَرَهُ غاضبًا ولا مُنْتَصِرًا لنفسِه قطّ.. يُقَبِّلُ رؤوس تلامذته ويأبَى بإصرارٍ أن يقبِّل أحدٌ رأسَه.
Sh. Salman al ‘awdah said about him: “Indeed the illustrious scholar Ibn Jibreen was from the greatest scholars of Saudi Arabia, and the most enthusiastic of them in giving da’wah, and from those that had the greatest of effects. He was extremely humble, truly sincere, and vast in knowledge. I never saw him get upset, nor ever try to put himself above others. He used to kiss the heads of his students, and would outright refuse to have anyone kiss his head…”

http://islamtoday.net/albasheer/artshow-12-116105.htm

Shaikh Yasir Qadhi:
Ma sha Allah, great post.
And I can testify to this very fact as well: when his student Sh. Haitham al-Haddad (presently residing in London) visited him in Riyadh (and I was with Sh. Haitham), he attempted to kiss his forehead, but Sh. Ibn Jibreen, despite his small size, managed to prevent him from doing so and instead kissed Sh. Haitham on his forehead! This, despite the fact that Sh. Haitham is probably 1/3 Sh. Ibn Jibreen’s age. It was a sight to see, subhan Allah.
May Allah forgive him and grant him Jannah…
Ameen

Click Here

Subhanallah, Amazing!

'Abd al-Baari
07-15-2009, 08:50 AM

jazaakAllah khayr^

Sh. Salman al ‘awdah said about him: “Indeed the illustrious scholar Ibn Jibreen was from the greatest scholars of Saudi Arabia, and the most enthusiastic of them in giving da’wah, and from those that had the greatest of effects. He was extremely humble, truly sincere, and vast in knowledge. I never saw him get upset, nor ever try to put himself above others. He used to kiss the heads of his students, and would outright refuse to have anyone kiss his head…”
Such humility, truly a quality of the Salaf as-Saalih imsad

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-15-2009, 10:31 AM

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon! This brings sadness to my heart... may Allaah grant him a place in Jannat al-Firdaws, and enter him in to it without punishment or reckoning, ameen.

Uthman
07-15-2009, 11:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon! This brings sadness to my heart... may Allaah grant him a place in Jannat al-Firdaws, and enter him in to it without punishment or reckoning, ameen.
Ameen!

- IqRa -
07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
She did mean without, definitely has to be a typing error.

Ansariyah
07-15-2009, 01:38 PM
May Allah have the utmost of mercy upon Sh. Jibreen, forgive him for his shortcomings, and raise him amongst his predecessors from the prophets, the truthful ones, the martyrs, and the righteous, and what good company they truly are. Ameen

Zafran
07-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Salaam

Inna Lillaahi waInna Ilayhi Raji'oon.

Quote:

Aameen

جوري
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Such a sign of the time that Allah swt lifts our scholars and we be left with the ignorants... how this saddens me..

inna lillah wa'inna ilyhi raji3oon.. May he be smiling free in the gardens of bliss

ameen

جوري
07-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Is this sheikh related to sheikh ibrahim jibreen?

Ali_008
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raajioon

Ameen to all the duas.
May Allah join him with the Prophets, the Pious, the Martyrs and the Righteous in Jannah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-15-2009, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
The Shaykh's (rahimahullaah) janaazah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BzxJdYGDHA

May Allaah have mercy upon him...Ameen! :cry:
As the Salaf used to say..indeed Ahl as-Sunnah would be known by their funerals due to the vast numbers of people that would attend it and pray for the deceased..may Allaah have mercy on his soul.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Wa 'Alaykum As-salaam

Do you mean without punishment? If so, Ameen!
Yes I did. JazaakAllaah khayr, typo corrected.

جوري
07-15-2009, 09:58 PM
can someone pls tell me if he is related to sheikh ibrahim jibreen..

I am so saddened by this.
Br. Maalik, can you expound on the statement you have made above?

his funeral was so sad.. so much sobbing.. it is heart trembling...imsad

S_87
07-15-2009, 10:16 PM
here is the sheikh, mashaAllah he had such a humbleness about it:

and some from his janazah

S_87
07-15-2009, 10:17 PM

S_87
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-16-2009, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
I am so saddened by this.
Br. Maalik, can you expound on the statement you have made above?

his funeral was so sad.. so much sobbing.. it is heart trembling...imsad

I know it as the statement of Imaam Ahmad in particular who used to say during his trial, “Say to the heretics, the decisive factor between us and you is the day of funerals”. Meaning, that the people (scholars most likely as they are well known) of orthodoxy will have a good end and many people will be at their funeral to pray for Allaah's mercy over them, as Allaah will have placed love for the person in people's hearts. It is said that, for example, there were people in the hundreds of thousands for the funeral of Imaam Ahmad - people who wanted to pass his grave would have to wait for days before they got a chance due the vast number of people that came to his funeral (rahimullah). Whereas the man that started the trial of Imaam Ahmad passed away with hardly any people to pray over him. Allaah knows best.

جوري
07-16-2009, 12:12 AM
sob7an Allah.. Jazaka Allah khyran.. may Allah make him and us amongst the abrar..
I wish lots of people would walk in my funeral too and pray for my forgiveness.. but I am not sure how.. I hardly have anyone save for my family.. sometimes I wonder who would console my parents even let alone walk in my funeral ...

Ummu Sufyaan
07-16-2009, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

and some from his janazah
:ooh: i wanna funeral like that :-[

@ sis syke, try this as well...
http://uncoveredtreasures.wordpress....uneral-prayer/

$tranger
07-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Passing away of Shaikh Ibn Jibreen - by Shaikh Haitham al-Haddad (a student of sh.ibn Jibreen)
http://www.islamictube.net/watch/58a...6c9c941/140709

جوري
07-16-2009, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
:ooh: i wanna funeral like that :-[

@ sis syke, try this as well...
http://uncoveredtreasures.wordpress....uneral-prayer/

Jazaki Allah khyran..

when that poor Palestinian lady lost her two year old son, his father took him for burial he was carrying him in his hands.. and fellow Muslims who saw him carrying his dead son wrapped started walking behind him even though they didn't know him.. I was really touched by that.. I think that is how it is supposed to be, and I believe that is how it is done..

Insha'Allah khyer

Najm
07-16-2009, 05:12 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon.

Aameen to all the Du'as.

FiAmaaniAllah

Al-Hanbali
07-16-2009, 08:13 PM

For those living in the UK, South London:

Lewisham Islamic Centre will be praying Salaat al-Ghaa'ib (for more info: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/35853) for the Shaykh, after Jumu'ah tomorrow, inshaaAllaah.

$tranger
07-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Virtues of Allamah Ibn Jibreen: Shaykh Waleed Basyouni
http://muslimmatters.org/2009/07/20/...leed-basyouni/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.