/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Welcome! And the next step!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-13-2009, 11:59 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the new section dedicated to this project insha Allaah. :D

For those who are just hearing of this, then this is the thread you should read first:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...nitiative.html

Alhamdullilah, there has been a very enthusiastic response to the announcement of this initiative and as promised, this is the next step. We need to figure out how many people will be in each level. :D

Now, before going on. We very much emphasize that if you have not memorized Juz 'Amma, that you please get into the Juz 'Amma level. Starting off memorization with Juz 'Amma is going to be very helpful for these reasons:
1) Short ayaat and short surahs. When we start memorizing Qur'an, our minds are not ready to intake a lot of new information. Starting with Juz 'Amma enables your mind to get ready to memorize. :thumbs_up

2) You will see yourself progress. The surahs are short, so you will notice progress and this will keep you motivated. :thumbs_up

3) These are surahs that are the most commonly recited. :thumbs_up
What is going to be done is the following - remember we said that there will be 3 levels? Level One for Juz 'Amma, Level Two for Juz Tabarak, and Level Three for other Suwar?

All we ask for you to do in this thread is the following - in a post please:

1) Write which Level you want to join. Again, if you have not done Juz 'Amma, we strongly recommend you join Level 1 - Juz 'Amma.

2) Tell us how many ayaat you think you can memorize per day. Even if it is just 1 ayat, nothing at all wrong with that. If you can do more, let us know.

3) If you are opt for Level 3, then please let us know in your post which Surah you are interested in memorizing.*

* Once we complete this step, we will choose the surah based off of poll insha Allaah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
07-14-2009, 12:17 AM
1) Level 1 - Juz 'Amma, please.

2) I'll say 3 ayats a day. Maybe more in future, inshaAllah.

Yanal
07-14-2009, 02:37 AM

1) Level 1.

2)1:embarrass

:w:

Ramadhan
07-14-2009, 07:52 AM
1. Level 1 - Juz 'Amma
2. 3 - 5 ayats a day

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
BUmp

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
07-14-2009, 04:17 PM
:salamext:

is it for sisters too??

:wa:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-14-2009, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah

is it for sisters too??

:wasalamex:

Yes, insha'Allaah.

Rabi'ya
07-14-2009, 09:17 PM

1 - Juz 'Amma :)
2 - 2 per day inshAllah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-14-2009, 10:27 PM

Over 30 votes for yes, and only like 4 posts here? C'mon people!

Yanal
07-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Brother Maalik,you have just posted this 24 hours ago,be patient because one day not all 30 users that said yes will come on. Give it a few days insha'Allah.

AnonyMouse~
07-15-2009, 03:01 AM
Asalamuaalaykum,
omg i am so excited!!! :P
1.) Level 1, juzz 'Amma (but i have a question...like most people including myself usually have the beginning surahs memorized..like i knw lke half of the juzz so do we wait till ery1 catches up since everyones going to be doing it together?) [sry if its a dumb question]
2.) 5 ayahs inshaAllah since most ayahs are choppy

Yanal
07-15-2009, 04:28 AM

Let's not get to overwhelmed with this..if for some reason not a sufficent amount of members reply to this thread,this may be cancelled. So everyone who voted the option 'yes' please do reply here.

I have seen many hopes fall with getting overwhelmed,please don't ruin this for all the members who did vote yes,and answered here. Please reply insha'Allah.

Banu_Hashim
07-15-2009, 08:22 AM
I'd just like to thank brother Maalik for his efforts in this project. MashaAllah, he has put in his own time and effort to help people gain reward for Allah swt. InshaAllah he will gain hassana in everything good that comes out of this. JazakAllah Khair.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-16-2009, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
I'd just like to thank brother Maalik for his efforts in this project. MashaAllah, he has put in his own time and effort to help people gain reward for Allah swt. InshaAllah he will gain hassana in everything good that comes out of this. JazakAllah Khair.
Jazakallah Khayran wa iyyak..honestly I'm just the monkey that's doing all the "loud" stuff. Behind the scenes, everyone's very much invloved Alhamdullilah - so they deserve the thanks more than I. :D Just keep making dua' that we get this up and running and it becomes successful bi'idhnillah.

AnonyMouse~
07-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Brother can u answer my questions..? lol
jazakAllah khair

Yanal
07-16-2009, 02:33 AM

Which questions?

A.M.H.
07-16-2009, 11:00 AM

:Alhumdill I have memorized the Quran ,but i want to revise it

AnonyMouse~
07-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Well just like the fact that everyone is on different places in juzz 'Amma so how's it going to work out with that?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-16-2009, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonyMouse~
Well just like the fact that everyone is on different places in juzz 'Amma so how's it going to work out with that?
http://www.islamicboard.com/1186496-post2.html

We're actually deciding whether it's going to be from Naba - Naas or the other way around.

AnonyMouse~
07-18-2009, 01:58 PM
ohh ok sounds good! JazakAllah khair! Cant waitttt!!

KiWi
07-18-2009, 07:00 PM
level 3 plz
i’d like to start with surat Al Baqarah (i think it would be easier to start with a big surah first n progress from there inshallah)
5 ayas/day…maybe more inshallah
jazakallah khair

Al-Hanbali
07-18-2009, 09:29 PM

Yaa ayyuhal Brothers wa Sisters...

Get posting!!...At least those who voted 'YES' on the other thread.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-18-2009, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KiWi
level 3 plz
i’d like to start with surat Al Baqarah (i think it would be easier to start with a big surah first n progress from there inshallah)
5 ayas/day…maybe more inshallah
jazakallah khair
:wasalamex

Not really sure how this is going to work, but I'd like to revise Surat al-Baqrah too.. 5 ayahs a day sounds good to me too (sis you should also take in to account a lot of the ayaat in Surat al-Baqarah are 3 lines or so). BaarakAllaahu feekum! May Allaah increase you all in khayr.

KiWi
07-18-2009, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah

Not really sure how this is going to work, but I'd like to revise Surat al-Baqrah too.. 5 ayahs a day sounds good to me too (sis you should also take in to account a lot of the ayaat in Surat al-Baqarah are 3 lines or so). BaarakAllaahu feekum! May Allaah increase you all in khayr.
yes, im aware of that
i was thinking in that case i'd probably do 2-3 ayas
but in the beginning, i could do 5 or more inshallah
ameen to ur du3a

A.M.H.
07-19-2009, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A.M.H.

:Alhumdill I have memorized the Quran ,but i want to revise it

can i do my revision here

IceQueen~
07-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Brilliant idea mashaAllah, Hope everything goes well inshaAllah

AnonyMouse~
07-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I change my mind..im wanna start from level 3 too..sorry :!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-20-2009, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A.M.H.
can i do my revision here
Yes, at the pace of the group insha Allaah. This is to accommodate everyone.

format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
Brilliant idea mashaAllah, Hope everything goes well inshaAllah
Won't you take part?

How many ayaat a day..and which Surah? al-Baqarah or other?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-20-2009, 01:50 AM
Anyone for Level 2 - Juz Tabarak?

C'mon people, step up. There are some 25 of you still out there who've voted but still need to post here!

Beardo
07-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Someone had posted a motivation thread somewhere. We should read it and encourage ourselves to participate. It not only will benefit you, but encourage others as well. Thus, a double reward! How much more can you ask for? It's almost like a free ticket to Jannah, Insha'Allah! Encourage your friends and family. The program has been made to be accessible to all paces, groups, and ages.

Brother Maalik is right! We should expect more participation.

Allah Ta'ala reward those who currently are participating in this endeavor, and those who have initiated this project! Ameen!

Na7lah
07-20-2009, 02:19 AM
Ameen!

BlackMamba
07-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Rather than counting ayahs per day wouldn't counting lines be a much more accurate method of tracking progress? Like make the standard mushaf the Saudi 15 liner and have lines counted based on that mushaf.
For those(like me) who use the Pakistani/South African style 13 line mushafs then just multiply your lines in that mushaf by about 0.82184 andyou should get a good estimate of the number of lines that equals in the standard Saudi mushaf.
This is just a suggestion, I think counting lines means something wheras counting ayahs does not. I say that cuz "umma yutusaa'aloon" is one ayah just as 2:282 "ya ayyuhalazeena amanoo iza tadaayuntum bidaynin..."(goes on for WAY longer) is one ayah as well.

julie sarri
07-20-2009, 10:30 AM
level 1 Level One Juz 'Amma please
1 ayah a day inshaallah

Pk_#2
07-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Juz Tabarak?

other Suwar?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Rather than counting ayahs per day wouldn't counting lines be a much more accurate method of tracking progress? Like make the standard mushaf the Saudi 15 liner and have lines counted based on that mushaf.
For those(like me) who use the Pakistani/South African style 13 line mushafs then just multiply your lines in that mushaf by about 0.82184 andyou should get a good estimate of the number of lines that equals in the standard Saudi mushaf.
This is just a suggestion, I think counting lines means something wheras counting ayahs does not. I say that cuz "umma yutusaa'aloon" is one ayah just as 2:282 "ya ayyuhalazeena amanoo iza tadaayuntum bidaynin..."(goes on for WAY longer) is one ayah as well.
That is a good idea, albeit a little complicated. Ayaat don't end on the same line in the two Mushafs..so that would get confusing. Ayaat would keep it uniform across both.

format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
Juz Tabarak?

other Suwar?
Juz Tabarak - 29th Juz. From Surah Mulk - Murasalat. Other Suwar is level three, where the participants will decide themselves on which Surah they want to memorize.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Level 1 Juz Amma! :D

InshaAllah. 5 max is gud inshaAllah and we'll see from there :)

Nájlá
07-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Level 2 juz Tabaraak.

3-5 ayahs.

muslimah 4 life
07-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Level 1 and 1 Ayaat a day to begin with please

BlackMamba
07-21-2009, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik
That is a good idea, albeit a little complicated. Ayaat don't end on the same line in the two Mushafs..so that would get confusing. Ayaat would keep it uniform across both.
Well i'd say that most people use that Saudi 15 line mushaf, so all those people will simply be counting their lines. As for those with the Pakistani mushaf all you have to do is take a Saudi mushaf and count the lines from there. Or if you don't have a Saudi mushaf available, then multiply your lines in the paki 13 line mushaf by .821 and you should get an okay estimate of lines done in the Saudi mushaf. Its very simple, but tracks progress much better than counting ayahs.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-21-2009, 09:51 PM
^^ I have no idea what you guys are on about. O.o

Care to expand?

Hamad
07-21-2009, 11:33 PM

can we still apply to get in?

Na7lah
07-21-2009, 11:50 PM

Yes ^

Muhaba
07-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Juz Ama

Danah
07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Level 3
chapter 35, surah Fatir (I am at the end of this surah)...I prefer half a page because some ayaat are short, some others are long

I am not sure if I will start now, I barely find the time to memorize since I am in a vacation out of my country....so I may not be able to make it everyday

jazakum Allah khair

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Let us know what surah you're thinking of?

format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Well i'd say that most people use that Saudi 15 line mushaf, so all those people will simply be counting their lines. As for those with the Pakistani mushaf all you have to do is take a Saudi mushaf and count the lines from there. Or if you don't have a Saudi mushaf available, then multiply your lines in the paki 13 line mushaf by .821 and you should get an okay estimate of lines done in the Saudi mushaf. Its very simple, but tracks progress much better than counting ayahs.
I agree, but I don't want to complicate it for everyone. It might be easy for some and not for others. Whereas ayaat are the same everywhere, so that would help everyone stay on the same 'page' per se.

format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
^^ I have no idea what you guys are on about. O.o

Care to expand?
The two Mushafs, Saudi 15-liner is where the ayah ends on every page. The Desi/other Mushaf is a 13 liner, where the font is bigger and the ayaat don't end on every page.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-22-2009, 05:03 PM

The two Mushafs, Saudi 15-liner is where the ayah ends on every page. The Desi/other Mushaf is a 13 liner, where the font is bigger and the ayaat don't end on every page.

Ohhhhhh I get it. JazakAllah Khayr.

syilla
07-23-2009, 01:35 AM

Since alot has asked for Level 1... i will love to improve my memorisation.

But i would like to memorise juzuk 2 too...

2 ayah per days is good for me :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-23-2009, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

Since alot has asked for Level 1... i will love to improve my memorisation.

But i would like to memorise juzuk 2 too...

2 ayah per days is good for me :)

Do you choose Juz 'Amma or Juz Tabarak? Whichever one you want insha Allaah.

Beardo
07-23-2009, 03:28 AM
This part of the forum seems dead. Allow me to fuel it up with some encouraging words... Also because I feel guilty for not participating here in the good cause. Anyway, it's an article I'd like to share.

----

Experience
By Hafiz Raakin Hossain & Rashad Abdullah

An experience is usually viewed as an encounter or an action of undergoing something. Experiences can take one through jungles, cities, deserts, and even the planets. But through these experiences, only two thoughts remain in the mind. That is the memories and morals learnt during the encounter of which you had experimented. When the waves wash the sands, what remains are only shells and rocks. These shells and rocks hold the hardships which we had endured and the lessons which we had learnt throughout the experience of life. With that said, I would like to share a personal experience of mine which I thought had sparked an inspiration in my early life.

There is an English saying, “to turn a new leaf”. In that tree of life, I had chosen the opportune leaf to turn. In late sixth grade, my physical and mental self literally jumped towards the local Qur’aanic memorization school. For an eleven year old kid, sitting in a class from early morning to late in the evening is not at all easy. The only two things that had kept me refueled were the support of my parents and the prayers which I had recited. I had yearned and strived for four long years to complete the memorization of the Glorious Qur’aan. After much perseverance and patience on my teacher’s and parent’s part, I had completed only a few months back.

A parent’s concern when considering to enroll a child in any Qur’aanic memorization school is regarding the future of that child. Livelihood is from Allah’s infinite mercy, and not through our schooling. If anything, the Qur’aan opens up the mind and soul to the reality of life. Children who memorize or have memorized the Qur’aan do not sit idle in front of television sets or computer games. Rather, they look at striving in the path of Allah, hoping to spread what is true to every corner of the world. In my four years of experience, never have I seen a sincere Hafiz who suffers or suffered from hunger, poverty, or any type of infliction.

Spending a few years in any field is a huge sacrifice, but what makes a sacrifice easier is to recognize the benefits. Our previous teachers and scholars had told us that when we do good deeds, we should always remember the reward we will be receiving, as that will motivate us. It is also said in Hadith that the measurement of reward is based on the sincerity of both the intention and the action. The Qur’aan alone has medication for both our spiritual and physical body. Not a Surah (chapter) has been revealed without a benefit; let it be to identify a thief, find a proper partner in life, or even to protect yourself from poverty.

I had addressed this topic mainly towards parents, as in recent days I have met and have been approached by a few brothers who have made much effort to practice Islam, but have failed to do many parts due to the lack of concern on the parents’ part. As the prices of fuel, homes, and food increase, we must put our trust in Allah. The bigger picture of keeping the Qur’aan alive has been accomplished by the previous companions, and the least we can do to show our appreciation is to make effort in memorizing the Qur’aan not through our tongue, but through our heart. May Allah Ta’ala make it easy for us to memorize, retain, and practice the Holy Qur’aan.

—-

Post your comments. I’d love your feedback Insha’Allah!

Nadiya88
07-23-2009, 05:29 AM
asc wr wb

1:) juz amma

2) 3 ayats per day inshaallah

Nadiya88
07-23-2009, 05:30 AM
asc wr wb

1) juz amma

2) 3 ayats per day inshaallah[/QUOTE]

Ali_008
07-23-2009, 09:51 AM
1) Level 1
2) 5-10 ayats a day, InshAllah

HopeFul
07-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Assalmaolaiakum,

Level 1 juz Amma 10 ayat per day, InshaAllah. I think I know in sequence from az zalzala til end and also alam nashrah, I dont know the name but watteeni wazzaitun and al qadr from the juz, and also amma yatasa, aloon.

I think i would like to start backwards from Al bayyinah InshaAllah.

- IqRa -
07-23-2009, 10:41 AM
This is not going to work...Again...I repeat...

Ummu Sufyaan
07-23-2009, 10:42 AM
it's called trying...you don't like it, fine no-ones forcing you...but take your distasteful comments somewhere else, please...

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-23-2009, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Sister, those kind of negative remarks are not called for. Try to be a little positive.

crayon
07-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Thank you for your support and confidence in all of us. It is much appreciated. :)

- IqRa -
07-23-2009, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
it's called trying...you don't like it, fine no-ones forcing you...but take your distasteful comments somewhere else, please...
You, sister, have a serious attitude problem. Solve it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Faizah
Sister, those kind of negative remarks are not called for. Try to be a little positive.
I am not being negative, I am being realistic. how many people on this forum are their original selves? How many people take the internet seriously. They will sign up for this and forget about it.

If people are really serious about this, then I'm sorry, please forgive me, but this project in my honest opinion seems surreal.

Allaahu Aalim.

I have nothing more to do with this thread.

:salamext: and I pray this project gains success, Ameen.

Ali_008
07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
^^Ladies, chill. Just keep saying InshAllah. :)

Ummu Sufyaan
07-23-2009, 11:52 AM
well go on then, what ya waiting for, give me my medal already!

Faith.
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
1) Level 1 - Juz 'Amma.

2) I think 2 ayats a day should be okay Insha'Allah.

mutwazin
07-23-2009, 01:47 PM
1. Level 1 - Juz 'Amma
2. 3 - 5 ayat a day

AnonyMouse~
07-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Just to publicize what I want...
Id like to do
surah al baqarah
and start with about 4-5 ayahs per day since they are short in the beginning and as they get longer maybe 2-3 depending on the length. InshaAllah if the number of ayahs go up or down it will just be an encouragement to memorize more and spend more time with the Quran so I don't mind.

Also guys lets just be positive and nice to each otherrr. Idk about other people but im quite ready to take this seriously and get down to business :) this is like a dream come true!

AnonyMouse~
07-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Also brother eHafiz that was an amazing article! Not only an encouragement but so true! MashaAllah some kids are so lucky their parents more emphasis on Islam then education..cuz as a kid I REALLY wanted to memorize quran and do an islamic course after high school but my parents aren't allowing it cuz I gottaa bc a doc :roll: so alhamdulilah for this opportunity Allah has given us all! We should all def take advantage of it! may Allah reward everyone who has a hand in this. :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-23-2009, 02:11 PM

Well, there's much to be said about trying and then failing, then to just sit back with a defeatist attitude and never try at all!

Ps- http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=27067

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I think some people need to work on their own attitude rather than to declare such to others.

Beardo
07-23-2009, 02:25 PM

Well, there's much to be said about trying and then failing, then to just sit back with a defeatist attitude and never try at all!

Ps- http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=27067
Agreed. Besides, why condemn good efforts? :shade: Every letter has it's benefits, and that letter could be the ticket to Jannah.

And in regards to the program, it's only to organize and plan your work for you. It's not intended to completely take you as a student, right?

Insha'Allah, I don't see where this can go wrong.

MinAhlilHadeeth
07-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm sure he did read it, but did you not get his point? There are other forums where this has worked. What's to stop this from working here?

- IqRa -
07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Ok, I'm sorry.

Ali_008
07-24-2009, 11:22 AM
To some extent, what T.I.A. is saying might come true because Hifdh isn't a small affair. It takes years and all this time shaytaan will be on the prowl to get you off it and as its online, some people may just give up right in the middle. Its a different case when you actually hire a Hafidh or go to some Dar-ul-uloom because even if you don't feel like completing Hifdh you just have to because of external pressures. And you don't come online everyday.

I also agree that those who really want to do it will make all efforts to keep up with the flow but you know its learning in a virtual world.

HopeFul
07-24-2009, 11:42 AM
I think some people will do it sincerely, InshaAllah i will. some people wont, some will pretend or something I dont know. But if even one person benefits, its worth the efforts. similarly people can pay for teachers to teach Quraan, some kids learn some not, some act on it, some not. Alot of people nowadays dont make an efort but tis their personal choice, there will always be initiatives in the right direction, InshaAllah.

I think I needed just a push inshaAllah I would like to do it even before the programme starts, on my own, Inshaallah.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-24-2009, 03:39 PM
The important bit that people seem to be missing is that, for people like myself or sis hopeful, those who are sincere, it is successful for them InshaAllah, regardless of how successful it is on a forum. So to say it won't work is not fair and not right. When you exert negativity, of course you won't see positivity. We should always say InshaAllah, not it won't work...Allahu Mustaan. You're a failure when you give up trying...you don't gain success that way. The state of our Ummah is as it is because people are so negative and don't bother trying no matter how hard. Some things require more effort.

Muhaba
07-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I have changed my mind. Sine I will be starting Juz 27 after Ramadan insha-Allah, I would like to do that. about 3 to 4 lines per day.

KiWi
07-26-2009, 05:03 PM
soooo, when do we start inshallah? :-\

'Abd al-Baari
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM

^The plan is to start straight after Ramadhaan, inshaa'Allaah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-27-2009, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
I have changed my mind. Sine I will be starting Juz 27 after Ramadan insha-Allah, I would like to do that. about 3 to 4 lines per day.

At the moment we don't have a level for Juz 27. Maybe you can join Level 2 - Juz Tabarak or Level -3 which is Assorted Surahs?

Muhaba
07-27-2009, 02:42 AM
What surahs will we be learning in Level 3?
I might consider joining level 2.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-27-2009, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
What surahs will we be learning in Level 3?
I might consider joining level 2.
So far we have Surah Baqarah and Surah Fatir up - you can put out a suggestion if you want as well. In the end, we'll vote between all the suggestions and proceed with the one that is favored insha Allaah. That way everyone has a say and the surah is chosen with fairness bi idhnillah.

Na7lah
07-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Bump! Any more participants?

Beardo
07-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Better than a Doctorate Degree from Harvard

If you see anyone drinking tea, and you ask him what he is drinking, he will tell you "tea." There is sugar in the tea, but he will not mention the sugar, no one ever says he is drinking tea-and-sugar. No doubt the sweetness of the sugar fills the tea, but the person drinks and says nothing about it.

The long standing tradition of Qur'anic memorization is analogous to the sugar, doing its work in secret. In a child who embarks on the journey of memorizing Qur'an we see that the hands, nose, ears, eyes, and tongue are dynamic, but no one can see what the soul is accomplishing. Their ears come across as listening, and their tongues seems to be talking. But no matter what it may seem to be, it is not only the tongue that talks. And in spite of form, it is not only the ears that hear. That which speaks and hears is the invisible soul within. The effect of the long standing tradition of Qur'anic memorization on a child is similarly invisible.

And this is what happens to a child when he memorizes the words of Allah, the Exalted. We might think they are just memorizing words. But in actuality, every letter they say, every sound they make, makes an imprint in their hearts and minds which enables them to take the imitated step of converting his oral recognition of Qur'anic language into a physical act.

The best education we can give our children is the memorization of the Holy Qur'an. As Rasulullah (saw) said: "No group of people gathers in one of the houses of Allah to recite the Book of Allah and study it together, but tranquility descends upon them, the angels surround them, mercy comes down upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." (Muslim).

The first group of students I ever taught was a group of 9 year-olds in a Hafidh Program in 1998. I was merely their English teacher. As each day passed by, I saw little beings change from being passive to being connected. I witnessed what seemed at the time insignificant moments of sharing between classmates evolve into brotherhood. I saw the honor of one being defended by all, and I saw the grief of a few being shared by many. They finished the school year with highest class percentage of 98% in all subjects, and to this day continue to excel academically. This is rare to find in America today. There was nothing magical in it. They were revolutionized because they entrusted their time with Allah, by the memorization of the Holy Qur'an, the words of Allah, the Exalted.

The vessels for preservation of Islam are in our children's hearts. Allah says:

"Nay, but they, the clear ayat, are preserved in the breasts of those who have been given knowledge…" [Qur'an 29:49]

It is our duty to plant these seeds in our children for we must equip them for what lay ahead of them. There is no better time to preserve our heritage than today, in these critical times.

As there are numerous full-time schools sprouting in the west, it is time that we as parents invest our children's time memorizing the Qur'an and join the ranks of thousands who seek to earn the pleasure of Allah (azza wajal) and preserve the very foundation of our Islamic identity. Yes! It's better than a doctorate degree from Harvard as we are reminded by the words of the Prophet (saw) about its reward:

Buraydah (r) said: "I was sitting with the Prophet (saw) and I heard him say: ..The Qur'an will meet its companion on the Day of Resurrection when his grave is opened for him, looking like a pale man, and it will say to him, 'Do you know who I am?' He will say, I do not know you.' It will say to him, 'Do you know who I am?' He will say, I do not know you.' It will say, 'I am your companion the Qur'an, who made you thirsty on hot days and kept you awake at night. Every merchant will benefit from his trade, and today you will benefit too.' He will be given power in his right hand and immortality in his left, and on his head will be placed a crown of dignity. His parents will be given two garments the like of which could never be made by the people of this world and they will say, 'How did we earn these?' It will be said, 'Because your child learned the Qur'an.' Then it will be said to him, 'Read and go up through the levels and rooms of Paradise. He will keep on ascending as long as he reads or recites.'" (Ahmad).

http://www.missionislam.com/family/harvard.htm

Far7an
07-30-2009, 08:04 PM

Sorry about the late reply Malik. Juzz Tabarak: 2 ayahs per day (I'm getting old).

- IqRa -
08-05-2009, 02:44 PM
It doesn't matter if you are male or female, 6 or 60, working or unemployed, rich or poor... this is something we should all strive towards. I know it's a big goal for some of us, but we really do not give the Qur'an it's due. MashaAllah I know of a 6 year old boy who memorized the Quran, and an 80+ year old Muslimah who memorized the Qur'an. A revert sister I know learned to read the Qur'an and eventually memorized it just by listening to the audio on her mp3 player and playing it in her car, despite being in med school! This is not an impossible feat, you just really need to motivate yourself.
Source

nightingale
08-07-2009, 02:13 AM

I would like to join in level 3 (3 ayahs per day), insha Allah.

May Allah reward everyone involved.

Bint-Al-Islam
08-11-2009, 02:41 AM
Salam Alekum
InshAllah I would love to participante...

1) Level 3 (Surah Al-Baqarah InshAllah)
2) One page a day or 2 pages InshAllah

JazakAllah Khair brother.

- IqRa -
08-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Will you be starting this after Ramadan?

Na7lah
08-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Will you be starting this after Ramadan?
yes inshallah

tamaftuhah
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
AsSalamu3alaikum, I would like to participate as well.
I need to finish memorizing the last 10 pages of AnNissaa' first. And insha'Allah this Ramadan I will learn surah AlMaidah. (My goal is to memorize at least 1 page per day)
so:

1. Level 3 (Surah 005 Almaidah)
2. At least one page per day, insha'Allah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-14-2009, 12:26 AM

Sorry for the delay - will be getting up to speed with everything in the next few days insha Allaah.

samsam
08-17-2009, 05:59 PM
:sl:I would like to join level 3 - at surah Kahf inshallah . Hmm 1 page a day would be good . Thankz :statisfie:wa:

Kas1m
08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Ill join level 2..Tabarak

Snowflake
08-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I have began memorizing with translation all over again. I don't see the point otherwise. Is it wrong to think like this? We (non arabs) should know the meaning of that we are reciting, right?

My decision to join project or go it alone depends on reply. :)

May Allah grant success to all participating. Ameen

Beardo
08-20-2009, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
I have began memorizing with translation all over again. I don't see the point otherwise. Is it wrong to think like this? We (non arabs) should know the meaning of that we are reciting, right?

My decision to join project or go it alone depends on reply. :)

May Allah grant success to all participating. Ameen
Typically in the original Madaris (Islamic schools/curriculum) globally, they do NOT have the student memorize translation until after the memorization in Arabic is complete. I understand that you think it is important to memorize translation first, naturally. But the Qur'aan also has many hidden benefits just reading by it's own without meaning as well. I don't want to discourage you, but the thing is, when you read the translation, you HAVE to read the Tafseer (commentary) as well.

My advice? you can read the translation as you go along, but I wouldn't suggest MEMORIZING it. But, that's just a personal preference.

Actually, about memorizing the translation, that is not how translation is taught. When I began learning Qur'aanic Arabic, they taught me words, and then they taught me the conjugations, etc. If you try to memorize translation by the book, then it'll take you years and years, and it still won't be perfect. If you learn the language itself, you'll pick up within months. I know several courses on-line where they teach that Arabic and gaurantee that you'll learn 80% of the translation within 4 months of learning sessions.

Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong, so please feel free to correct me.

Snowflake
08-21-2009, 04:23 PM
^That makes sense. I can see exactly how it'd be better. JazakAllahu khayr.

Bub
08-21-2009, 09:19 PM
MashaAllah!
The level one, Ameen!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-21-2009, 09:28 PM

I went out wit my family today and they had up a flyer about a Qur'aan learning service for kids and adults for doing hifz and so to understand it. The person teaching i guess would come to your home. Hopefully if it's not too expensive.

Najm
08-21-2009, 10:50 PM

I am not being negative, I am being realistic. how many people on this forum are their original selves? How many people take the internet seriously. They will sign up for this and forget about it.

If people are really serious about this, then I'm sorry, please forgive me, but this project in my honest opinion seems surreal.

Allaahu Aalim.

I have nothing more to do with this thread.

:salamext: and I pray this project gains success, Ameen.

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

I didnt realise this thread was here!!!
Anyways i have been doing 2-3 verses a day (sometimes having to do it over 2 days). And it is very hard!!! Maybe i dont have the abilty like others here, nevertheless, i am close to completing my first surah, since this Initiative came out. Alhamdulillah:statisfie

Please make dua that i am able to sustain this and be able to continue to memorize. My goal is simple. I want to memorize Juz 30/29 and selected verses thereafter. Not sure but is this realistic? :embarrass

Also now it is the Month of Ramadhan, can i use this time to increase my deeds for this project? If so how?

Al-Hanbali
08-21-2009, 11:53 PM
^ Bro, of course its realistic!! I'm telling you, I think you could do more; it just all depends on how much time your willing to give it.

Sin

Also now it is the Month of Ramadhan, can i use this time to increase my deeds for this project? If so how?
^ Yup!! You could of start of trying to complete reading at least 1 Qur'aan...also memorise whatever you can.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-22-2009, 02:44 AM
I think Ramadhan is perfect to do it. InshaAllah more reward for it :statisfie.

Ramadhan Mubarak to all my brothers and sisters :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-24-2009, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

I didnt realise this thread was here!!!
Anyways i have been doing 2-3 verses a day (sometimes having to do it over 2 days). And it is very hard!!! Maybe i dont have the abilty like others here, nevertheless, i am close to completing my first surah, since this Initiative came out. Alhamdulillah:statisfie

Please make dua that i am able to sustain this and be able to continue to memorize. My goal is simple. I want to memorize Juz 30/29 and selected verses thereafter. Not sure but is this realistic? :embarrass

May Allaah put barakah in your recitation and memorization and make it easy for you!

I'm sure you can memorize not only Juz 30 and 29, but even more! Just give it time bro, and you can do it.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-24-2009, 06:44 PM

We are making progress Alhamdullilah. I've updated the forums for each Level. Please take a look here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/level-1-juz-amma/
http://www.islamicboard.com/level-2-juz-tabarak/
http://www.islamicboard.com/level-3-assorted-suwar/

If you've wanted to take part in this, there is still time to join up.

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Sorry my head hurts a lot when I pray salah or recite al Quran, and it's very fuzzy at the moment, so please excuse the questions. I'm not clear if we are supposed to recite in our own time or are we going to have a class online? What if our tajweed isn't perfect?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Sorry my head hurts a lot when I pray salah or recite al Quran, and it's very fuzzy at the moment, so please excuse the questions. I'm not clear if we are supposed to recite in our own time or are we going to have a class online? What if our tajweed isn't perfect?
Memorize at your own time (i.e. offline), however we will post lessons (of the specific # of ayaat) daily. The people in the group are expected to memorize them and stay with the group. A review will be posted like every 4 or 5 days. There's no class online per se. If your Tajweed is ok, you can go ahead and memorize. There are some good videos on YouTube on Tajweed which I'll put up to help people's Tajweed.

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Ok, jazakAllahu khayr. I'll decide what works best for me, inshaAllah.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-25-2009, 09:35 PM

Let's say, for example someone was memorising Surah al-Baqarah. Could they progress a little bit faster, or is it necessary that they stay at the group's pace? For example, a page a day. And how is it going to work with different people memorising a different amount?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-26-2009, 04:44 AM
Memorize at your own time (i.e. offline), however we will post lessons (of the specific # of ayaat) daily. The people in the group are expected to memorize them and stay with the group. A review will be posted like every 4 or 5 days. There's no class online per se. If your Tajweed is ok, you can go ahead and memorize. There are some good videos on YouTube on Tajweed which I'll put up to help people's Tajweed.
what if for your own personal reasons you cant memorize the specific number of ayahs set for that few days?

Ali_008
08-26-2009, 05:16 AM
I don't get it. If there's no online class then how are we gonna be sure about our tajweed?? Tajweed is the first step in Hifz, if it wasn't for Tajweed I would have started on my own. Please clarify :(

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-26-2009, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed

what if for your own personal reasons you cant memorize the specific number of ayahs set for that few days?

You can catch up insha'Allaah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
I don't get it. If there's no online class then how are we gonna be sure about our tajweed?? Tajweed is the first step in Hifz, if it wasn't for Tajweed I would have started on my own. Please clarify :(
You can't learn Tajweed perfectly unless you're sitting one-on-one with a teacher, so if your Tajweed is passable (you are giving the letters their right) then you can start memorizing. That's how I started out. If you feel your Tajweed needs work then I'd advice sitting with a teacher because that's really the only way to really learn Tajweed well.

syilla
08-27-2009, 05:43 AM

when i went home and think it again... i still think 3 ayahs per day is alot :hiding:

i don't know whether i can catchup :hiding:

What if i don't? How will you help those who can't catch up? ... huhu

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-28-2009, 04:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

when i went home and think it again... i still think 3 ayahs per day is alot :hiding:

i don't know whether i can catchup :hiding:

What if i don't? How will you help those who can't catch up? ... huhu

We had to make it 3 because there were only three people in this Level and the average of the requested number of ayaat requested was 3..maybe you can just try to keep up? It's ok if you're not completely up with it as long as you are consistent insha Allaah.

HopeFul
09-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Assalamoalaikum, I never saw this thread before!

1-Level 1 group 3
2- About 10 Ayat per day

I think its veyr hard for me to do in Radaman being a housewife, but InshaAllah i will try as much as possible and will catch up when I cant. When do we start and how? I read Ali_008 is in the group with me, do we start together? I have done around 20 Surah from the back, I would like to do Al Alaq now, InshaAllah, so how do we go about this now?

At home, on my own I do around 2-3 Verses every time and I wait for a day or two to memorise it well after practicing it in salah...I just thought maybe it would be toof ast and I will forget what i did the day before, but Im keen on learning and retaining InshaAllah.

cute123
09-29-2009, 11:02 AM
i am positive inshallah about 2 ayah's per day. thought of starting with surah baqarah first; but true memorizing juzza ammah will keep me motivated.

AabiruSabeel
05-03-2014, 09:23 PM
:salam:

Is anyone interested in continuing the Qur'an Memorization project?

With Ramadhan just less than two months away and the approach of the summer break, this might be the best time to re-start this project :ia:

sarahzohar88
06-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Thanks for this type of reply

Asiyah3
01-30-2016, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam
Is anyone interested in continuing the Qur'an Memorization project?
Yes! Let's do it!

Hey, everyone, write if you're interested.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.