/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i am confused on janabat

bala1
07-14-2009, 06:34 AM
Asalam alaikum.i wish to seek on the guidance as regards janabat(purification bath).i believe its done when there is a sexual discharge during intercourse or sexual aroussal but i realise at times i do have this discharge even when there is no sexual desire or Arousal xpecially at nite.so d question is that do i still need to do janabat in this my case?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
07-14-2009, 12:19 PM
:bump:

Someone help inshaAllaah.

alcurad
07-14-2009, 12:23 PM
if it happened for reasons other than sexual you don't need to do ghusl, just wudhu/normal ablution.

'Abd al-Baari
07-14-2009, 12:23 PM
:sl:

Ghusl is required due to the emission of maniy (semen) from its exit in the male or female, which happens either when one is awake or when one is asleep. If it is emitted when one is awake, there is the condition that one feels pleasure when it is emitted. If it is emitted without pleasure, then ghusl is not required, such as if it is emitted as the result of sickness. If it is emitted when one is asleep, this is what is called ihtilaam (erotic dream) and ghusl is required in all cases because he was not aware (of whether there were feelings of pleasure or not) and he may not experience feelings of pleasure. If a sleeper wakes up and finds traces of maniy, then he must do ghusl. If he has an erotic dream but no maniy comes out of him, and he does not find any trace of it, then he does not have to do ghusl.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/93027

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.