/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it haram to massage elderly man

faizacadday
07-14-2009, 05:28 PM
please answer in few min is it haram to massage an elderly man who is ill mostly his legs? and he is not muslim

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
07-14-2009, 05:32 PM
:salamext:

If he is your mahram (i.e. your grand dad, father etc) then it's ok, if he is not related to you then this is haram.

GuestFellow
07-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Assalamu Alaikum.

Sister, I'm curious, are you in employment where you require to do this? Such as a clinic or some sort of hospital?

Banu_Hashim
07-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Depends who you are in relation to that person.

I used to do it for my parents' uncles all the time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
07-14-2009, 09:17 PM
:sl:

Brother 'Abd al Latif you mean massaging your relatives is haaram?

Just trying to clarify insha'Allah.
:w:

Rabi'ya
07-14-2009, 09:21 PM

I work as a care assistant and we have 4 elderly men whom we look after. I was under the impression that it was ok to offer all assistance as they are elderly( and also the men i care for are suffering from various forms of dementia and mental health illness).

Banu_Hashim
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
^^ In that case I think it's OK.

- IqRa -
07-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Allahu Aalim, but remember he is still non-mahram.

north_malaysian
07-15-2009, 09:29 AM
how about doctors checking, seeing and touching their opposit sex patients... it's allowed right? I think it's like this case too..

Rabi'ya
07-16-2009, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Allahu Aalim, but remember he is still non-mahram.

of course. I practice my deen with care, even whilst in these kind of situations at work. One particular man, for whom I am keyworker, has his wife visit him regularly and I often talk to her regarding his needs. He is unable to communicate due to his demetia and has great difficulty with his mobility too. I rpray the care I give to this man is rewarded and I pray he and his family are happy with the care I provide inshAllah. I know for a fact I am helping him and supporting him through his daily life. He is 90-odd by the way :) MashAllah a lovely man. I only hope that through practising my Islam openly at work I am able to show Islam in a positive light. many colleagues have already asked me about my way of life. The managers have even said I can order a long sleeved dress to wear as uiform instead of the usual nurses tunic :) I love where I work alhamdulillah. Very rewarding work!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.