/* */

PDA

View Full Version : haram money

AnonymousPoster
07-15-2009, 10:49 AM
:sl:

From the moment i opened my bank account the bank keep adding very low amount of money to my account. Its very small amount maybe 10p each month and now i have got nearly 5 pound. i have never used any of the money and i want to get rid of it. what do i do?
i have asked the bank several times to stop adding money to my account and they never seem to do anything about it!
i was think maybe taking out the money give to charity but i heard its not allowed to give haram money as sadaqah.
would it be al right if i donate the money to the mosque?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Layla454
07-15-2009, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

From the moment i opened my bank account the bank keep adding very low amount of money to my account. Its very small amount maybe 10p each month and now i have got nearly 5 pound. i have never used any of the money and i want to get rid of it. what do i do?
i have asked the bank several times to stop adding money to my account and they never seem to do anything about it!
i was think maybe taking out the money give to charity but i heard its not allowed to give haram money as sadaqah.
would it be al right if i donate the money to the mosque?
:w:

It sounds like they're adding riba (interest) to your account. If you tell them to stop adding it, then they HAVE to comply. I don't understand them not doing anything about it. Speak to the manager and demand that they stop adding interest to your account since its your right.

- IqRa -
07-15-2009, 01:24 PM
You are allowed to give Interest money as sadaqah.

There is of course reward in giving interest money to the poor and needy. It is the reward of keeping your own money clean from such evil income so that you enjoy your own property halal, all of it. This action is of course in sha'Allah rewardable by Almighty Allah.
Source

GuestFellow
07-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Assalamu Alaikum.

I know some people save up the money to give to charity. Then again you could contact the bank and just tell them to stop giving you the money. Why is that so hard for the banks to comprehend? *sighs*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_008
07-15-2009, 02:06 PM
I think you can give the money to charity but I don't think there'll be any reward for you if you do it because basically it came from a haraam source. You'll get rewarded for having these thoughts, InshAllah, and whatever you decide to do with the money and strive to make the bank stop feeding your account InshAllah.
:w:

- IqRa -
07-15-2009, 02:09 PM
What do you meant they won't have the reward?

There is of course reward in giving interest money to the poor and needy. It is the reward of keeping your own money clean from such evil income so that you enjoy your own property halal, all of it.
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1216208193543

:-\

Ali_008
07-15-2009, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
What do you meant they won't have the reward?

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1216208193543

:-\
T.I.A. The point which I mentioned is the other half of the material you quoted :

5. There is of course reward in giving interest money to the poor and needy. It is the reward of keeping your own money clean from such evil income so that you enjoy your own property halal, all of it. This action is of course in sha'Allah rewardable by Almighty Allah. But remember this is not a reward of giving sadaqah (Arabic for: charity) or z akah because these two must be given from your property, and interest money in your hand is not owned by you.
I meant that it won't have the same reward as sadaqah and zakah because you didn't earn that money by halaal work.

- IqRa -
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh ok, my mistake, sorry. I thought you meant you won't have any reward at all.

ardianto
07-15-2009, 03:18 PM
The bank cannot stop gives you an interest because according to the rule, bank must gives you an interest. You can let that interest in your account, and don't ever draw it out from your account and use it for pay something or give it to someone because this money is haram.

There is alternative. Open a new account as 'save and forget account'. Throw interest in your main account to this account for clean up your main account from haram money. You can join with another Muslim to open this account.

- IqRa -
07-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Not really. Some bank accounts have that option you can ask them to stop giving you interest, you can have an Interest-Free account.

ardianto
07-15-2009, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Not really. Some bank accounts have that option you can ask them to stop giving you interest, you can have an Interest-Free account.
I never heard bank account like that in non-sharia banks in my place, except special account, Hajj saving. Money saving for go hajj.

Pk_#2
07-15-2009, 04:29 PM
If they don't stop it, don't worry, use the money to make public 'poop-places' otherwise known as Toilets, Lavatories, Ladies/Gents room, Loos or the w/c.:D

I think they got confused sis/bro because you told them to stop putting it in, you should have said get rid of the interest, then they would have. Anyways I think it's preferable to use the money for the above than to give it back to the bank. :thumbs_up

Layla454
07-15-2009, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
The bank cannot stop gives you an interest because according to the rule, bank must gives you an interest. You can let that interest in your account, and don't ever draw it out from your account and use it for pay something or give it to someone because this money is haram.
Thats not true. If you request the bank to stop giving you interest, then they have to comply.

ardianto
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
If they don't stop it, don't worry, use the money to make public 'poop-places' otherwise known as Toilets, Lavatories, Ladies/Gents room, Loos or the w/c.:D

I think they got confused sis/bro because you told them to stop putting it in, you should have said get rid of the interest, then they would have. Anyways I think it's preferable to use the money for the above than to give it back to the bank. :thumbs_up
A good idea.

I will ask the bank. "I can't take this money, I must give it back to you. But, If you don't want to accept it, may I give it to public 'poop-places' ?".
If the bank replies "Yes", I can do it. :D

ardianto
07-15-2009, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Layla454
Thats not true. If you request the bank to stop giving you interest, then they have to comply.
I think you right, but that is not in every banks.

There was a case in Sukabumi, Indonesia, at 90's. Some people requested a bank to stop giving interest, but this bank can do that because according to the rule, this bank must give an interest. However, the bank officer had an unique idea. The bank didn't gave them interest but gave them beef (cow flesh). ;D

safiya0631
07-15-2009, 05:56 PM
i know of one bank im with which my account is free of interest. other option is you joining a islamic bank where you know they wont charge you interest

AnonymousPoster
07-15-2009, 06:18 PM
I've never done anything about the interest in my bank account, but i've never spent too much from my account in the first place. But how do i know how much of the money in my account is from the interest now?

AnonymousPoster
07-15-2009, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I've never done anything about the interest in my bank account, but i've never spent too much from my account in the first place. But how do i know how much of the money in my account is from the interest now?
Hey anonGender
It should be on ur bank statement
anon2

Layla454
07-15-2009, 08:36 PM
I think you right, but that is not in every banks.

There was a case in Sukabumi, Indonesia, at 90's. Some people requested a bank to stop giving interest, but this bank can do that because according to the rule, this bank must give an interest. However, the bank officer had an unique idea. The bank didn't gave them interest but gave them beef (cow flesh). ;D
Hmmm now thats surprising. I've never heard of a bank forcing you to take riba before :hmm:

AnonymousPoster
07-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Jazzakallah khair for all your good advice. Much appreciated. Especially sr.T.I.A for the artice

Inshallah i will just donate the money to charity and speak to my bank again about stopping giving me interest. lets hope they listen this time :exhausted

ardianto
07-16-2009, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Layla454
Hmmm now thats surprising. I've never heard of a bank forcing you to take riba before :hmm:
The bank in this story is a goveenment's bank that located in village area, not in city. Those saver were villager and they saved their money for go hajj. Of course, they just save not draw until the time for go hajj. And the beef was not given in every month. Those saver had no objection to accept that beefs, because they regarded that as a gift from company to loyal customers.

This story was happened before sharia banks established in Indonesia.

Layla454
07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
The bank in this story is a goveenment's bank that located in village area, not in city. Those saver were villager and they saved their money for go hajj. Of course, they just save not draw until the time for go hajj. And the beef was not given in every month. Those saver had no objection to accept that beefs, because they regarded that as a gift from company to loyal customers.

This story was happened before sharia banks established in Indonesia.
I see. Its still strange though

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.