/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can the Quran...be implemented to remove corruptions in the Biblical text?

love_quran
07-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Can the Bible be restored to a point where we can say it represents uncorrupted truth?

Ever since i have begun reading, with sincerety, the Quran; i have been fascinated with the pure,uncorrupted, truth it contains:), and have wondered if anyone has ever used the Quran to create an "Islamically correct" Bible? If not, would it be advisable to create one? What would be the dangers of attempting this, if any?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Getado
07-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Can the Bible be restored to a point where we can say it represents uncorrupted truth?
Yes,but then again, what would remain is just a few verses ,which already there in the quran and Hadith .

The bible is 5% God's word (only in OT. 0% in NT)
25% words of the prophets.
40% words of historians with numerous errors .
30% words of the sexist pigs of the the scribes of Juda.

One of my favorite biblical verses is Jeremiah 8:8
"How can you {Jews }say, `We are wise,
and the law {Torah }of the LORD is with us'?
But, behold, the false pen of the scribes
has made it into a lie."

The quran 2:79

"Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby."

- Qatada -
07-28-2009, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran

Ever since i have begun reading, with sincerety, the Quran; i have been fascinated with the pure,uncorrupted, truth it contains:), and have wondered if anyone has ever used the Quran to create an "Islamically correct" Bible? If not, would it be advisable to create one? What would be the dangers of attempting this, if any?

There's some things in the Bible which are;

1) Rejected
2) Neutral
3) Accepted

We Reject what opposes the Qur'an and Sunnah.

We are quiet on what is neutral, i.e. maybe some extra narrative of Jesus or Moses etc. which does not oppose the Qur'an or Sunnah.

We Accept what is in accordance with the Qur'an and Sunnah.

So we can't really affirm the neutral stories, nor can we reject them - so to make such a bible isn't really a good idea, because the story might even be false.

Allah knows best.

love_quran
07-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Ahh ok ..just something i wondered for a while because i couldnt see losing the baby with the bathwater if you can forgive the expression.

The Quran is definitely far better than the Bible anyway ..it was just some curiosity....besides arent there enuff bibles out there anyway? hehe.. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- IqRa -
07-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Salaam,

Have you taken your Shahadah yet brother?

love_quran
07-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Yes I have :happy: !

- IqRa -
07-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Congratulations!! Takbeer!!

When did you take it? :ooh:

love_quran
07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
yesternight. I got assistance on the phone with the pronounciation.

- IqRa -
07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
... Takbeer! :D

love_quran
07-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I wish I knew enuff Arabic to express my thankfulness for my new life in Allah!

- IqRa -
07-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Allah listens to ALL languages brother, you can thank him in any way you want. MashaAllaah I'm really happy for you, may Allaah keep you on the straight path, and may you die upon Imaan (faith), Ameen.

love_quran
07-29-2009, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Allah listens to ALL languages brother, you can thank him in any way you want. MashaAllaah I'm really happy for you, may Allaah keep you on the straight path, and may you die upon Imaan (faith), Ameen.
Thank you!:happy:

IAmZamzam
08-26-2009, 03:23 AM
A fascinating question, love_quran. There aren't enough parallels for the Koran to do that to the whole Bible but there clearly are passages here and there where it seemingly can be done.

gang4
08-26-2009, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
A fascinating question, love_quran. ...
Indeed...
Love to read people's responses....

Santoku
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran

In ther words lets change their book so that it agrees with our holy book then there can be no opposition to our words.

- IqRa -
08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
No, they can keep their book. We have the Qur'aan, we don't need anything else.

Eric H
08-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Greetings and peace be with you love_quran;
Yes I have :happy: !
Congratulations, may your journey be blessed.

As to the Bible, if scholars change it, then all meaning is man made, if a prophet changes it, then it comes from God. But in your eyes Mohammad pbuh was the last prophet, so it would be best to leave things as they are.

In the spirit of praying to One God who hears all our prayers.

Eric

DigitalStorm82
08-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Quran is from Allah

Injeel is from Allah

Bible is from people

We can never attain perfection in Bible. We are human.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.