/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Purgative state?

love_quran
07-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Is there any sort of Purgative state....where folks who lie between doing Allah's will and rejecting it (or were in the process of drifting one way or another) have a chance of getting their souls out of the Fire?

Please provide supportive reference from the Quran and Sunnah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
07-15-2009, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by love_quran
Is there any sort of Purgative state....where folks who lie between doing Allah's will and rejecting it (or were in the process of drifting one way or another) have a chance of getting their souls out of the Fire?

Please provide supportive reference from the Quran and Sunnah.
Purgatory..?

I think you've been reading the bible for too long.

We have a Barzakh, which, I guess, is the closest to what you're talking about,

Hope that helps.

Faye
07-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I think there is a place, not Jannat, not Jahaanum, where children who died before puberty wait for their parents, or Allah's mercy, to move them into Jannat. It is not described as a bad place, the children are apparently happy, and play there.

People whose sins are equal to their good deeds are transferred to Jannat with Allah's mercy and the Shafaat of Muhammad Sallallaho Aleyhi wa Sallam, and other good people.

Sorry, no references.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.