/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friday Solat

catalzzy
07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
:sl:

Hi,

On every friday,

Do people do their normal 5 days prayer on friday or there is some special prayer on friday?

please give me more information. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
07-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Brother I'm sure you've heard of jumu'ah salaah, it is compulsary and is prayed in congregation instead of zuhr salaah

Yanal
07-15-2009, 11:46 PM
:salamext:

The 5 pillars in Islam are to be done in your life time. The pillar of prayer is to be done daily,even on Fridays. Friday is a holy day for us muslims because we have a special prayer called "Juma'ah" which is done in Dhurs time. I will edit this post,and add more information insha'Allah because right now I am leaving.

:w:

ardianto
07-16-2009, 07:14 AM
In other days, Muslim do normal 5 Shaalah per day. Subh, Duhr, Ashr, Maghreeb, Isha.
Special in Friday Muslim (male) do Shaalah Subh, Shaalah Juma'ah (Friday prayer), Ashr, Maghreeb, Isha. But Muslimah (female) do normal 5 Shaalah.

There is a condition for Shaalah Juma'ah. You cannot do alone, but must in companion / Jama'ah with at least 40 Muslims, including yourself and not including kids. If Muslims in your place is less than 40, you must do Shaalah Duhr.

There is procedure for Shaalah Juma'ah. Khatib must says two khutbahs, one long and one short before Shaalah Juma'ah.

I hope someone can give us a link of complete information about Shaalah Juma'ah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
catalzzy
07-16-2009, 10:59 AM

very interesting. so the solat juma'ah is on afternoon? around 12 pm?

aadil77
07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Catalzzy

no its usually around 1-2pm as there is a small lecture before which is called the khutbah

brother don't mind me asking, are you new to islam?

UmmSqueakster
07-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Actually, the time of jummah depends on where you are in the world. It is usually around the beginning of zuhr, although sometimes it starts before.

ardianto
07-16-2009, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Catalzzy

After azan Duhr in midday. And that is depend on where you are living, in equatorial areas that is around 12 pm (Indonesia) or 1 pm (Malaysia). Started with khutbah (Islamic speech).

Just wondering, why you never did solat juma'ah ?.
Is because no masjid in your place and Muslim male in your place is less than 40 ?.

catalzzy
07-16-2009, 04:29 PM

no its usually around 1-2pm as there is a small lecture before which is called the khutbah

brother don't mind me asking, are you new to islam?
no.. learning more. it is like i learn the slot after the slot whilst i know already.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.