/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How did you cope?

AnonymousPoster
07-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Salaam, Seeing as though im going through difficult times.......It would be good if people can share their stories of how they motivated themselves....

I see many people who make something of themselves and i always wonder how do they do it... Maybe someone can reveal the secrets

I need inspiration from somewhere...and quick

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
07-16-2009, 07:24 AM
What do you mean by 'making something of yourself'?
What kind of difficult times are you in?

In general terms, in difficult times it helps to remember that God is always in control and that he has a purpose - even (or perhaps especially) in those difficult times.
Remembering that may help you to find the strength to just continue on, to not lose hope and to face each day with new hope and energy.
Only God knows what your hardship is teaching you, how it is maturing you, and how it may impact you and others?

I don't know if that helps ... perhaps people can give better advice if you are a bit more specific.

I hope and pray that all goes well for you, and that you make it through these difficult times. :)

- IqRa -
07-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Qur'aan and hadith motivated me, see this inshaAllaah;

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1173605

Layla454
07-16-2009, 09:06 AM
You need to sit down and think about where you want to go in life. Unfortunately, many people forget that this life is temporary and not the real life per se. Work towards your goal of Jannah insha Allah because that is the eternal life that will never end :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
07-16-2009, 09:07 AM
:sl:
dua and patience and the belief that there was something beyond to my pain, sort of like i was going through my hardship for a reason...
i know i cant despair because surely, just surely there is something else in store for me..

mathematician
07-16-2009, 03:26 PM
The only thing that keeps me motivating is knowing that for any pain you go through in this life you will have less sins to worry about on the day of Judgement.
For example, there are some reports that say we will stay before the sun for 40 years. Now if you have "x" amount of sins then you will get burned for those sins. However, if you went through pain in this world then you may have "x minus ......" where ...... would be the amount of sins Allah forgives you because of the pain you went through in this world.
So, what other motivation do we need? :)

AnonymousPoster
07-16-2009, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo;1186544[B
]What do you mean by 'making something of yourself'?
What kind of difficult times are you in?[/B]

In general terms, in difficult times it helps to remember that God is always in control and that he has a purpose - even (or perhaps especially) in those difficult times.
Remembering that may help you to find the strength to just continue on, to not lose hope and to face each day with new hope and energy.
Only God knows what your hardship is teaching you, how it is maturing you, and how it may impact you and others?

I don't know if that helps ... perhaps people can give better advice if you are a bit more specific.

I hope and pray that all goes well for you, and that you make it through these difficult times. :)
What i mean is get a job, Buy a house and basically live your life. In the future..i don't see me doing any of the 2 things Ive mentioned. Thats what kills me

AnonymousPoster
07-16-2009, 06:57 PM
PS. Thanks for all the replies

Layla454
07-16-2009, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
What i mean is get a job, Buy a house and basically live your life. In the future..i don't see me doing any of the 2 things Ive mentioned. Thats what kills me
Why don't you see yourself doing those things? Are you feeling depressed?

AnonymousPoster
07-16-2009, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Layla454
Why don't you see yourself doing those things? Are you feeling depressed?
....I just haven't got the motivation to live my life the way i want to. I am depressed. I changed myself as a person and i think that's what led to my downfall. I used to be funny, talkative, cheeky and now..I'm just a simple person. I changed dramatically...From behaving bad to doing good...I know its a good thing but it didn't do my confidence any good.... I've become sensitive and touchy..If someone puts me down, it takes a long time for me to get back up. IE I hide myself away...

I need something that can spur me on..hence why i'm asking how do you guys keep motivated.

Abdul Fattah
07-17-2009, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Selam aleykum
Do you perhaps mean that you don't have an urge, desire to do these things? If that is what you meant, you shouldn't worry about it to much. Trough life, people go trough different psychological stages. Everybody knows about the stages in growing up to adulthood, but it doesn't stop there, there are stages after that to. However, just like in the first stages of growing up, each person takes his own time. If you're still don't have this desire, then don't worry about it, it will come later.

In all fairness, I don't think this is your problem. I think it's not that you lack the goal to have/do these things, but rather that you lack a goal in general. It is important for every human being to always have long term and short term goals. Without it life becomes a difficult strain. And if you have no goals in this dunia, then I say to you mashaAllah! focus on the akhira! :thumbs_up

Edit: I hadn't read your last post when I replied the previous. Having read it now, I must say it sounds all to familiar. Be carefull not to strain yourself in religion, as that might eventually turn you away from it. Learn the wisdom behind the rules, so that following them comes easy, and not hard. And make sure you have a halal way of unwinding every once in a while. Seek out some brothers with a good imaan to support your own imaan. Being part of the ummah makes following Islam allot easier. I also ad to find this out the hard way, since I'm not the type of person that easily makes contact with new people. But trust me this is really important.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.