/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions? Ask away here!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-16-2009, 02:37 AM
:sl:

Anything on your mind, share it here. Questions? Comments? Concerns? Bring em on!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-16-2009, 02:40 AM
From the other thread:

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonyMouse~
(but i have a question...like most people including myself usually have the beginning surahs memorized..like i knw lke half of the juzz so do we wait till ery1 catches up since everyones going to be doing it together?) [sry if its a dumb question]
The plan is to start with Surah Naba and work the way till Surah an-Naas insha Allaah. If you have already memorized, then it can serve as a good opportunity to review the surahs that you've already done and once the group gets up to where you've already memorized, you can carry on with the group.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-16-2009, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Let's not get to overwhelmed with this..if for some reason not a sufficent amount of members reply to this thread,this may be cancelled. So everyone who voted the option 'yes' please do reply here.

I have seen many hopes fall with getting overwhelmed,please don't ruin this for all the members who did vote yes,and answered here. Please reply insha'Allah.

:w:

Just wanted to comment on this:

There is no plans of cancelling. Even if only a handful of people participate - we'll still go ahead with this insha Allaah. It's quality over quantity!

Yanal
07-16-2009, 02:53 AM

Approximately when will it be? After Eid Al Adha..?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-16-2009, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal

Approximately when will it be? After Eid Al Adha..?

After Eid al-Fitr insha Allaah. After everyone is pumped from a Ramadan imaan rush!

Yanal
07-16-2009, 03:14 AM
:XI'm sorry to say..I can't participate:embarrass forgive me immensly I really wanted to but..I hope you understand...you'll find out in a few minutes why insha'Allah.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-16-2009, 06:18 AM
im such a derr-brain and forgot that i don't have a mic :hiding:...what do i do now (other than get one because it isnt my computer so im not sure that that would be appropriate) and also, you are going to be the group leaders? or has that not yet been decided?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-16-2009, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm ul-Shaheed
im such a derr-brain and forgot that i don't have a mic :hiding:...what do i do now (other than get one because it isnt my computer so im not sure that that would be appropriate) and also, you are going to be the group leaders? or has that not yet been decided?

I think recite to a local hafidah or another sister that you know. As for group leaders, they're not confirmed yet. We're trying to get all those that said 'yes' sorted into appropriate groups first.

Beardo
07-16-2009, 09:36 PM
How much do you weigh?

Banu_Hashim
07-16-2009, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
How much do you weigh?
:lol:...:X

Ar-RaYYan
07-16-2009, 11:23 PM
How much do you weigh?
:rollseyes
i think what br. Maalik is talking about is questions relating to the thread about memorizing the Qur'an as a group
Not just any questions :D

Beardo
07-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Oh. :X I tried...

I personally don't like when people advertise on random threads, but you might find a lot of answers and interesting stuff on my blog, DiariesofaHafiz.com.

I was talking to a boy the other day, and he said a friend and Imaam said not to become a Hafidh until later. Thing about Hifdh... It's not like you have to spend hours a day. Spend a small amount, maybe half hour, but be consistent. As you memorize more, try increasing the time small amounts. I hate using the term time though. It should be based off of how much time you need for an amount of work you do every day.

Cabdullahi
07-17-2009, 06:21 AM
wow questions huh?

erm where is my wife?

Beardo
07-17-2009, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
wow questions huh?

erm where is my wife?
You'll need Abdur Rahman to answer that question. Or so I hear. He's LI's marriage Guru.

Beardo
07-17-2009, 06:35 AM
one thing I'd like to stress upon:
Read slowly!!! Slowly slowly. Wallahi, if you don't, it'll come back to haunt you. Slower you recite, slower you forget, faster you recite, faster you forget.

Cabdullahi
07-17-2009, 06:39 AM
thats the worst hype ive ever seen EVER! and you're supposed to be the forum CEO

syilla
07-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Read slowly!!! Slowly slowly. Wallahi, if you don't, it'll come back to haunt you. Slower you recite, slower you forget, faster you recite, faster you forget.
ooo..thank you :statisfie

and also repeat repeat repeat until you really memorise it... am i right? or you just continue another verse?

Banu_Hashim
07-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Really? But doesn't it depend on the individual ?

- IqRa -
07-17-2009, 12:07 PM
When are you getting married?

Sorry, couldn't resist...seeing as everyone else is having their fun... :-[

- IqRa -
07-17-2009, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
Really? But doesn't it depend on the individual ?
Not really, I find it with most people that if the first time they memorise it slow, not fast, then they are less likely to forget it than the ones who have memorised it fast.

Allahu Aalim.

Beardo
07-18-2009, 07:24 PM
It is not based on the individual, it's the standard for everyone. It's such a critical thing.

And @ Abdullahiii: What? What hype? lol... I don't consider myself the "CEO" lol. It's an Islamic communal organization, not a business. :p

Grofica
07-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok seriously... and please dont laugh at me... but do you think its bad to memorize them in english?

the only reason i ask is because i have been trying to learn a language for wow a lot longer then i want to admit and i just cant get that down... (really i am not very good at it at all) i dont think i could cut it with Arabic... Its got more complicated sounds then Bosnian does and I cant even say those (crying)

Ok yeah sorry it sounds so stupid i just cant grasp the non-english thing. (crying)

Banu_Hashim
07-18-2009, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Ok seriously... and please dont laugh at me... but do you think its bad to memorize them in english?

the only reason i ask is because i have been trying to learn a language for wow a lot longer then i want to admit and i just cant get that down... (really i am not very good at it at all) i dont think i could cut it with Arabic... Its got more complicated sounds then Bosnian does and I cant even say those (crying)

Ok yeah sorry it sounds so stupid i just cant grasp the non-english thing. (crying)
Don't worry. You don't sound stupid. English transliteration is OK. I have a tajweed Qur'an with the english transliteration on one side for each side of arabic. But it's not great. Some of the letters can't be sounded (or rather spelt) in english. That's the only problem. If you know of any sisters that can help you read the Arabic script with the correct pronounciation, that would be great. It's quite easy once you get the hang of it. :)

Grofica
07-18-2009, 10:56 PM
My husband says Arabic is easy to read too (he knows quite a bit of the Koran) but I cant even get the language i am trying to learn (bosnian) he has been trying to teach me for OVER a year... he has been sooooooooo paient and kind...(i can write)

The problem is i get too nervous and then i cant hear right and i start to studder... (even sometimes in english) which makes me worry i will make it even worse in another language. I dont know... Sometimes i just feel a little stupid... Do you think its less meaningful if i can only say/memorize in english?

Banu_Hashim
07-18-2009, 11:05 PM
You mean english transliteration rather than translation right? Well... I'm not a scholar, so I'm not qualified to say... but Qur'an as a miracle is only Qur'an in it's original arabic form. English letters can be very misleading in other languages. See if your husband can teach you... if you still can't get it, then you can switch back to english, but then at least you've tried, inshaAllah.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-19-2009, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik

I think recite to a local hafidah or another sister that you know. As for group leaders, they're not confirmed yet. We're trying to get all those that said 'yes' sorted into appropriate groups first.
inshallah, i think that could be arranged...in that case

juzz 3amma doing 5 ayahs a day.

other questions: can we change teh number of ayahs we memorize a day if foe eg we have trouble with memorizing the amount we originally stipulated?

format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica

no, not stupid =) ummm even though you have trouble learning Arabic, please do make the effort to learn...it is so worth it.
The best way to learn is to associate with those that can speak it fluently. and since we are referring to the quran i advice you to associate with those who speak it in the fus7ah (classical Arabic) becuase the only other choice you have to to listen to the people speak in their own dialects which wont help as it aint the fus7ah...so what i suggest is to listen to lectures in Arabic as much as you can (even though you dont understand them) and also listen to recitations of the quran so at the very least you can pronouce the letters correctly...dont worry so much about the meaning or grammer just yet... maybe also you can contemplate on taking a basic arabic class or something? :)

Banu_Hashim
07-19-2009, 08:56 AM
^ My fusha arabic teacher said very few people speak proper fusha, because of it's level of high formality and grammar rules. One you think you can master the rules of arabic grammar and have enough vocab, you can start reading bookes like Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir. That's what I'm hoping to do inshaAllah.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Anyone for Level 2 - Juz Tabarak?
you mean we dont have to start from juzz 3amma? becuase im already *trying to* memorize juzz tabaarak but i thought if we havnt memorized juzz 3amma then we start with that?

Beardo
07-20-2009, 06:34 AM
There's 3 levels, sister. Level one is Juz Amma, Level 2 is Tabaraak.

It's a fun Juz, or at least I think so. There's Mulk, Mudatthir and Muzammil (which I LOVE), and then there's Insaan. Whenever I recite that to my mother, I always ask her Insaan or Dahr. (They're both the same thing, just different names LOL)... I love the last two.

Though, my memorization was a bit off. Here's how it was: 30, 29, 1-18, 28-19. Weird, eh? lol

Nájlá
07-20-2009, 05:42 PM
If you already know juz 3amma and juz tabaraak but you prefer to start from juz 3amma or juz tabaraak just for revison is that okay? I already know juz 3amma and juz tabaraak

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
you mean we dont have to start from juzz 3amma? becuase im already *trying to* memorize juzz tabaarak but i thought if we havnt memorized juzz 3amma then we start with that?
Well if you've already started Juz 'Amma on your own, then maybe it's best if you complete it first?

If you haven't started it, but have started Tabaarak, then sure get in to level 2. It's not a good idea to leave off where you already are.

format_quote Originally Posted by Luloah
If you already know juz 3amma and juz tabaraak but you prefer to start from juz 3amma or juz tabaraak just for revison is that okay? I already know juz 3amma and juz tabaraak
If you've already done both, I'd suggest getting into Level 3. But if you want to stick to revising it (at the pace of the memorizers) than you can do that too.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Well if you've already started Juz 'Amma on your own, then maybe it's best if you complete it first?

If you haven't started it, but have started Tabaarak, then sure get in to level 2. It's not a good idea to leave off where you already are.
let me try to make myself clear: a long while back I memorized both juzz's (finished juzz 3amma stopped in the middle of juzz tabaarak), I've practically forgotten both due to my laziness :-[ so recently i decided to revise or rather re-memorize them, starting from juzz tabaarak simply becuase it's stayed in my memory better. So since i picked up from Juzz Tabarak again, i want to start from it here with 5 ayahs a day.

i hope i am making sense...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-22-2009, 04:54 PM

let me try to make myself clear: a long while back I memorized both juzz's (finished juzz 3amma stopped in the middle of juzz tabaarak), I've practically forgotten both due to my laziness :-[ so recently i decided to revise or rather re-memorize them, starting from juzz tabaarak simply becuase it's stayed in my memory better. So since i picked up from Juzz Tabarak again, i want to start from it here with 5 ayahs a day.

i hope i am making sense...

Sounds good. I'm putting you down for Level 2, 5 ayaat per day.

Danah
08-22-2009, 12:12 PM
one serious question that have been in my mind....
I read about this memorization project everywhere here, so I am kinda lost here :blind:

and I read here in the thread that we are starting after Ramadan, so technically will we be posting on those three levels sections after Ramadan?
because I already start memorizing:? or lets say I just resumed my memorizing

Najm
08-22-2009, 01:35 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

I have been doing 2-3 verses a day. And the problem im having is after like 4-5 days, i have learnt roughly 12 verses. But then as i go further, i forget the verses in between.

What shall i do to remember the verses in between?:embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah

Misz_Muslimah
08-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Go over it regurly inshallah

ژاله
08-22-2009, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

I have been doing 2-3 verses a day. And the problem im having is after like 4-5 days, i have learnt roughly 12 verses. But then as i go further, i forget the verses in between.

FiAmaaniAllah
keep revising bro. you have to keep revising all your life, otherwise you forget. this is very normal. the limit of non revising period after you start forgetting depends on how well you have memorised, your long term memory as well as to some extent on the time passed since you memorized. in some sense, the longer the time passed, more likely are you to retain it. its sort of like you remember your childhood things well.
Good luck.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-24-2009, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
one serious question that have been in my mind....
I read about this memorization project everywhere here, so I am kinda lost here :blind:

and I read here in the thread that we are starting after Ramadan, so technically will we be posting on those three levels sections after Ramadan?
because I already start memorizing:? or lets say I just resumed my memorizing

1) Starting officialy after Ramadan.
2) I'll be updating those sections today and in the next few days insha Allaah.
3) If you've already started memorizing, that's perfectly fine! You can join in with the groups when it starts after Ramadan insha'Allaah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

FiAmaaniAllah
:wasalamex

That's something that happens to all of us. The way I learned to tackle this problem was to memorize with a Qari. Choose a qari that you like to listen to and listen to the surah recited by him many times until you pick up the tune. Then you can memorize to the tune.

The Qur'an is primarily an oral tradition so really the only way to properly get it down is to listen to it over and over and recite the verses yourself as many times as necessary.

Another way is to understand what the ayaat are saying. Notice I didn't say memorize the translation - that is inefficient and a waste of time. Focus on understanding what is being said and that may help you remember.

Another thing is consistency and gradual steps. Think of a child, first he tries to stand - how many times does he fall down before he can finally stand up? How many times more before he can properly walk? So take it easy, don't 'burn out', don't allow yourself to get bored, and keep consistent, even if you're memorizing a single verse per day, make sure you're consistent at it. It's always quality over quantity. Insha'Allaah, in due time you'll be able to memorize pages a day! :D

And lastly, revision, revision, revision. Memorization is the easy part, believe it or not. Many aspiring hufadh fail because they don't have a balance between memorization and revision. For every ayah you memorize, make sure to revise what you've memorized before. Revision is key.

rpwelton
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
:sl:,

I've been memorizing more of Juz 'Amma, but I do not know the principles of tajweed yet (I know a few rules, but not all). I really want to finish memorizing this juz by the time my kids are born in March (insha'Allah). Is it a good idea to memorize without proper tajweed knowledge? I always check myself by listening to Mishary recite and usually base my recitation off of his (the best I can anyways).

Salahudeen
09-09-2009, 02:15 PM
^ same ere, that's what I do.

ژاله
09-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I've been memorizing more of Juz 'Amma, but I do not know the principles of tajweed yet (I know a few rules, but not all). I really want to finish memorizing this juz by the time my kids are born in March (insha'Allah). Is it a good idea to memorize without proper tajweed knowledge? I always check myself by listening to Mishary recite and usually base my recitation off of his (the best I can anyways).
it would be a good idea if you memorize by listening to Mishary. keep listening to him till you've memorized. this way your tajweed will keep on improving. theres no better way to learn tajweed than this. even if you learn tajweed in a school like you learn all the rules etc, but dont listen you still wont be able to apply them fully when you recite, despite being aware of all the rules. listening to a good qari and then trying to recite with him is a hands on experience, works far better than mere theoretical knowledge.

Beardo
09-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Please read this post I made on my blog just today, regarding memorizing the Qur'aan:

http://diariesofahafiz.com/home/?p=223

Hope it helps, Insha'Allah!

rpwelton
09-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Another Q:

Does anyone know approximately how many verses are in Juz 'Amma?

Rasema
09-13-2009, 07:02 PM

Too many accents. You sometimes listen to one recitaion while the other one sounds different.

Danah
09-21-2009, 08:25 PM

1) Starting officialy after Ramadan.
:wa:

So when we are starting?
Can you assign a date now? or still not yet?

I need a push to move on and start, I keep telling myself that I will begin when the team will begin...Cant rly help it :hmm:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-21-2009, 09:05 PM

^ October 1st insha Allaah.

Cabdullahi
09-21-2009, 09:09 PM
what about the eid money donations to certain unfortunate users?

rpwelton
11-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I have another question. Are the rules for pronounced and unpronounced letters (ie, assimilated lam, unpronounced noon, dropped tanween, noon replaced with meem, etc) part of learning tajweed? Or are these rules learned before embarking upon studying tajweed? I've been able to grasp some of the rules, but other ones (like when there is no vowel marking on a non-lengthening vowel) I haven't yet learned. Just wondering if I need to learn these rules before studying tajweed. If so, is there a good online resource that breaks it down?

Shahi
08-14-2017, 07:25 AM
Salam,
I wanted to memorize quran and hadees but my memory power is very low. But I do zikr even but i forgot the second part of the athahiyyath even. When I try to memorize something I feel headache. I suffered seizure at my childhood and I had to grow with medicines alone and with weak body.
So ,i am sad on I forget even very important recitals of prayer . Recently I cannot remember qunut at subah.

But still I like to memorize quran. What can I do?is it a problem of medical condition?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.