/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone!

Jon Paul
07-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Hello, everyone!

I am happy to have found this lovely little forum of yours. My name is Jon Paul and I am a young—seventeen-year old—practicing Catholic from Glasgow, Scotland, UK. I regularly attend the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite every Sunday and usuall accompanied by regular Confession on a Saturday.

I am a little angry right now as I had wrote out this nice long and thought-out post for my introduction explaining my likes and dislikes, my political and social views, my religious views etc., and when I clicked Preview Post the forum asked me to log in, and which I tried to do so, I gave the wrong information and had to go back to the home page to log in losing my original post. I have been up all night and cannot be bothered typing it out again!

So I apologise that this post may be somewhat lacking. I suppose one would call me a traditional Catholic though I prefer orthodox Catholic. That should hopefully explain most of my posistions.

Straight to the point then, I am here to learn about Islam and Muslims. I like to go to the person for the facts, not second-hand and indeed in many cases biased reports. I will be blunt with you and admit that I have made derogatory comments against Islam and Muslims and we probably have many conflicting beliefs. Though I like to think this is out of my own ignorance and misunderstanding of Islam. So I am being open in coming here and asking. I will ask questions whenever such come to mind, and hopefully provide answers for any of your own questions if I can.

That's about it. I apologise if I come off as grumpy or stand-offish. But I really did have a good post ready imsad! Just fire in and ask me questions if you would like to know more about me and if you would like me to clarify any of my stances on political, social and religious issues. I will be more than happy to oblige.

Regards,
JP.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Aw, I hate it when that happens, writing a long post/email/essay that's due the next day (!), then something goes wrong, and everything is deleted. Gahh. But oh well.

You come off as a nice person, not a grumpy one lol; hopefully this forum will clear up any questions you have about Islam/muslims. :)

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here!

Muhammad
07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Hello Jon,

Welcome to the forum :). I'm sorry to hear about your post - I'm sure it's happened to many of us at some point!

It's good of you to find out more about Islam and clarify the facts - we welcome any questions and you will find members very willing to help out.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts,

Peace.

'Abd al-Baari
07-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey Jon,

Welcome to the forums! :)

Hope you have a beneficial and enjoyable stay here, feel free to ask any questions!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
07-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the forums Jon. I look forward to reading your posts! :)

Jon Paul
07-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Hello, everyone!

I appreciate your warm welcomes!

Regards,
JP.

Pk_#2
07-16-2009, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jon Paul
Hello, everyone!

I am a little angry right now as I had wrote out this nice long and thought-out post for my introduction explaining my likes and dislikes, my political and social views, my religious views etc., and when I clicked Preview Post the forum asked me to log in, and which I tried to do so, I gave the wrong information and had to go back to the home page to log in losing my original post.

Regards,
JP.
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii JP

Happens to the best of us! :D I think Li wanted you to have a nap and not be up so late, :X

Welcome, stay active & have fun

PK.

Layla454
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Welcome Jon and I hope your misconceptions about Islam are cleared up :)

unknown_JJ
07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
welcome to the forum

Najm
07-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Peace

Welcome to the forum

Jon Paul
07-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Hello, everyone!

I appreciate your warm welcomes!

Regards,
JP.

UmmSqueakster
07-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the forum! I have quite a few more traditional catholics in my family - 2 great aunts are nuns and a great uncle was a priest. Supsequent generations gradually grew more liberal religiously, and I broke the mold and became a traditional muslim :D

I hope you enjoy your stay here and that the posters here can shed some light on islam for you.

Jon Paul
07-16-2009, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Welcome to the forum! I have quite a few more traditional catholics in my family - 2 great aunts are nuns and a great uncle was a priest. Supsequent generations gradually grew more liberal religiously, and I broke the mold and became a traditional muslim :D
Much the same story with my self. My grandparents generation are still strongly Catholic, and my father's generation in his family seems to have started going down hill, however my uncle did train to become a priest, until he met his future wife.

My generation is a disgrace. I am 17 years old, and I prefer spending my time in Church! Not so long ago that wouldn't have sounded so strange.

Many of my extended relations in Ireland are religious however. Mostly nuns!

I hope you enjoy your stay here and that the posters here can shed some light on islam for you.
I hope so. So far things have been going well :).

Regards,
JP.

Uthman
07-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I have to say; you come across as being very intelligent for your age. :)

- Qatada -
07-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey :)

If you want to learn abit more about Islam, you can check here;

http://islamreligion.com

And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

Peace.

Jon Paul
07-16-2009, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
I have to say; you come across as being very intelligent for your age. :)
Thank you very much :). But all I may be comes from God in the end. However, I have a good Danish friend.. same age as my self. I swear by him, the boy is the next Thomas Aquinas!

The Youth of today is not so lost yet! Have hope!

Regards,
JP.

جوري
07-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Greetings and :welcome: aboard...

thought you might enjoy this addon from firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6984

it saves your lost work in case of technical difficulties.. used it today myself.. works great..

all the best

Zafran
07-16-2009, 11:40 PM
salaam (peace) welcome to the forum

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find this forum educational

peace

Uthman
07-17-2009, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jon Paul
Thank you very much :). But all I may be comes from God in the end. However, I have a good Danish friend.. same age as my self. I swear by him, the boy is the next Thomas Aquinas!
Why don't you invite your Danish friend to the forums? :)

Btw, you swear by who?

Jon Paul
07-17-2009, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Why don't you invite your Danish friend to the forums? :)
I'll talk to him about it :)!

Btw, you swear by who?
Forgive me. I live in Scotland, I was using more colloquial talk and by "swear by him" I am stating that I am confident in him and his abilities :).

Regards,
JP.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!