/* */

PDA

View Full Version : We're all going to get it you know...

Blackpool
07-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Be prepared to catch the swine flu virus.
At my workplace 4 people are off work due to swine flu. Another one, who I tried to keep away from today, has a daughter that is infected with the virus. This is just at my place of work. It's spreading like wildfire! WASH THOSE BLOODY HANDS! SNEEZE IN A BLOODY TISSUE! :enough!:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
07-16-2009, 10:54 PM
lol you will be fine. XD

aadil77
07-16-2009, 10:58 PM
not that bad really, my little brother had it for about 5 days and with the meds the hospital give him he was fine afterwards, I havent had it yet neither has my mum and i've been doing the oppisite drinking from the same cup as him, messing abt with him etc still nothin

but we're not completely sure it was swine flu cause we never sent a sample to get checked

glo
07-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Catch it, bin it, kill it!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Layla454
07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Its certainly spreading rapidly and causing more deaths so people need to be careful

Raaina
07-17-2009, 04:05 PM
I believe now is the time to PANIC!!

:P

Come on now people, the media LOVE to scare us.. it's a flu virus! In 1999-2000 when we had a flu Pandemic, 21,000 people died, why didn't anymore panic like this then?

Muezzin
07-17-2009, 04:11 PM
We probably will all get it. The virus is going to be around for a good three years yet, and it will continue to mutate.

So what? Take the same precautions as you would for any other virus – i.e. basic hygiene, and if you do catch it keep away from the elderly or babies in order to avoid passing the virus onto vulnerable members of society.

Beardo
07-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I am tempted to say we will not get the flu, but nothings definite... And I don't want to jynx myself. I just wanted to point out, there must be a sin we are committing that made Allah send a disease amonst us.

Mysterious Uk
07-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Scare us all why dont you lol.. yeh we probs are all guna get it tho. I think i'm guna buy them disinfectant sprays for your hands, just incase germy people don't wash their hands and infect everything.

glo
07-17-2009, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
Come on now people, the media LOVE to scare us.. it's a flu virus! In 1999-2000 when we had a flu Pandemic, 21,000 people died, why didn't anymore panic like this then?
Because nobody told us those figures.

I must admit, I have been amazed to hear how many people die each year from the common flu.
Still, it is a humbling thought that those microscopic viruses may have the power to threaten the life of us humans, who love to think of ourselves as able to deal with everything!

Keep healthy everybody! :)

glo
07-17-2009, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
I just wanted to point out, there must be a sin we are committing that made Allah send a disease amongst us.
Do you have any evidence for this?

Ansariyah
07-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Kill it wit Wudu..5 Times a day.

May ALlah keep us n our families healthy ameen.

AabiruSabeel
07-17-2009, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
format_quote Originally Posted by eHafiz
I just wanted to point out, there must be a sin we are committing that made Allah send a disease amongst us.
Do you have any evidence for this?
The evidence for that is:
42:30 Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because of the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness.

glo
07-17-2009, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
The evidence for that is:
42:30 Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because of the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness.
How would you know which sin it is Allah is punishing you for?
You and the entire nation, or even world ...?

What about people who try to abstain from sin, but still get ill?
What about this being a test?

How do we know whether this is a test from Allah, or his punishment for our sins? :?

crayon
07-17-2009, 09:25 PM
We're not all going to get it, God willing. And even if we do, it's not as bad as we're made to think it is. It's just moral panic and media over hype. It will pass, inshaAllah.

glo
07-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Make sure you look out for people in your neighbourhood, who may be effected - people may need shopping done or prescriptions collected.

AabiruSabeel
07-18-2009, 05:23 AM
How would you know which sin it is Allah is punishing you for?
You and the entire nation, or even world ...?

What about people who try to abstain from sin, but still get ill?
What about this being a test?

How do we know whether this is a test from Allah, or his punishment for our sins? :?
We have to analyse our own deeds to find out where we went wrong.
It could be a test for some people and punishment for others.

Sometimes, good practising people also get stuck with a calamity or accident. It is sent by Allah to raise their status in Jannah and to forgive their sins.
And even for the sinners, they are not usually punished in this world. Allah sends these small misfortunes as a sign to them, so that they return back to Deen.
Allah says: And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty, in order that they may (repent and) return. [32:21]

If there are good pious people living alongwith the sinners, they too will get afflicted with the punishment in this world if Allah decides to punish, but on the Day of Judgement, they will be raised separately.

Cabdullahi
07-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Do not take the vaccines if thats the next precautionary measure

Your immune system is enough

Layla454
07-18-2009, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
Do not take the vaccines if thats the next precautionary measure

Your immune system is enough
Some people have weak immune systems

Layla454
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM
I have also read that the Tamiflu tablet contains gelatin

Sufisticated007
07-20-2009, 03:12 PM
scaremongering..

Tony
07-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Catch it, bin it, kill it!
or catch it, show it to sons, laugh when they run screaming, bin it kill it:D

glo
07-21-2009, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
or catch it, show it to sons, laugh when they run screaming, bin it kill it:D
Do you really do that?
That must be a dad thing! :D

Tony
07-21-2009, 08:43 PM
not really ^^^ but at times with mt two its bogey or be bogeyed lol

UmmHasan
07-22-2009, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Layla454
really?

glo
07-22-2009, 06:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Layla454
That appears to be the case.
http://www.rocheusa.com/products/tamiflu/pi.pdf

Al Qalam
07-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Many more people will worry themselves to death over getting the swine flu than those who actually get it. Don't worry, you won't get that sick from it. It's not the deadly monster that the media would have us believe. Many more people will die from cholera in Africa this year.

syilla
07-22-2009, 08:19 AM
:salamext:

and we can also get something else...huhuhu.

This world is full of mutated viruses... :(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!