/* */

PDA

View Full Version : bombs have exploded at two hotels Jakarta,

barrio79
07-17-2009, 02:33 AM
This news item comes from smh.com.au but i have been reliably informed that not many of their news reports are true , has anyone seen these reports anywhere else

July 17, 2009 - 12:13PM
Police say bombs have exploded at two hotels in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta, killing at least four foreigners.
South Jakarta police Colonel Firman Bundi says the bodies have been taken to a hospital.
The facade of the Ritz-Carlton hotel was blown off in one blast this morning and another explosion hit the Marriott hotel, police said.
Do you know more? Text 0424 SMS SMH (+61 424 767 764), email us with information and pictures or direct message us on Twitter @smh_news
Debris and shattered glass littered the street outside the neighbouring hotels in an upscale Jakarta neighbourhood and ambulances raced to the scene.
A man jogging by the hotels said he first heard a loud explosion at the Marriott. Five minutes later, a bomb followed at the Ritz.
Alex Asmasubrata said he saw four bodies inside the Marriott. An Associated Press reporter saw three injured people taken away from the Ritz.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bombs-ex...0717-dnkd.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Jakarta, Indonesia. July 17, 2009.

A low explosive bomb was exploded in JW marriot hotel, Jakarta at 07.40 am. Few minutes later second bomb was exploded in Airlangga Restaurant in Ritz Carlton Hotel, around 50 metres from JW marriot.

A witness, Greg Woolstencroft was in apartment near those hotels when bombs were exploded. He ran to Ritz Carlton and saw one dead body that suspected as the bomber and few wounded victims.
Another witness, a former car racer, Alex Asmasubrata was jogging when he heard first explosion. He walked to JW marriot, and suddenly he heard second explosion from Ritz Carlton.

At least nine were killed in 17 July, including four foreigners.
All victims were evacuated to Jakarta Hospital, Metropolitan Medical Centre, Medistra Hospital and Pertamina Hospital.

After explosions police found an unexploded low explosive bomb in JW marriot. One bomber was identified as Nurdin Azis. He stayed in room 1808 JW marriot hotel since 15 July.

Head of PR dept Indonesian Police Headquarter, Inspector General Nanan Soekarna said one bomber was asked by hotel security guard when hotel's metal detector was sounding beep, beep.
"Is that laptop ?" ask the guard.
"Yes" said the bomber.
Then the guard let him pass.

This is the video of one (suspected) bomber and when second bomb was exploded in Ritz Carlton. (courtesy of TV One)
Warning : Shocking Video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kdgv4lIdx8

Ramadhan
07-18-2009, 09:42 AM
I was actually very close to the JW Marriott when the bomb exploded. I was doing my morning work out routine at the gym in a building next to the JW Marriott hotel and was running on the treadmill when I heard the explosion and felt the shockwave. I immediately thought "this is a bomb" because the feeling reminded me of what it was when the very powerful car bomb exploded in front of the Australian embassy around five years ago.
I ran to the window and I could see some smoke but couldn't quite see what really caused it. Afterwards we were told to evacuate immediately because they were concerned for another explosion.
Alhamdulillah me and my friends who work in surrounding buildings are safe.

ardianto
07-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Actually, a number of luxury rooms including presidential suite in Ritz Carlton hotel have reserved for Manchester United FC.

According to the plan, MU will comes to Indonesia on 18 July, and they will play in friendly game with Indonesian All Star in 'Gelora Bung Karno' stadium on 20 July. This friendly game is sponsored by a mobile phone operator, Hutchison 'Three'.

After the bombing case, MU decide to cancel their tour in Indonesia. MU's CEO David Gill said that on press conference in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Sir Alex Ferguson says they must protect their football player.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
07-18-2009, 10:49 AM
The person carrying the bomb looks weird?

aadil77
07-18-2009, 10:52 AM
These guys are affecting every part of the muslim world

Cabdullahi
07-18-2009, 11:01 AM
No one has claimed responsibilty,they say the hotel secuirity is top notch but allah knows only how these guys managed to get a red carpet treatment into the hotel

malayloveislam
07-18-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't understand where did they got the idea to harm others. It is not taught in religious sources so, unless they give their own interpretation to harm others because they can't find appropriate teachers like what had been written in "certain websites" that Islam promotes this "bad deeds" that "bad deeds". They already had harmed other Muslims who will receive hatred treatments in majority non-Muslim countries if they are really Muslims.

Ramadhan
07-18-2009, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
No one has claimed responsibilty,they say the hotel secuirity is top notch but allah knows only how these guys managed to get a red carpet treatment into the hotel
I can testify, having been to both hotels quite a few times, that the security in both hotels are second to none. However, it has now been established that the suspect suicide bombers stayed in JW Marriott (room 1808) since 15/7 and apparently smuggled equipments and materials separately and built the bombs in the room over 2 days.

The bombers also did their research very well, obviously knew that the hotels are popular with foreigners especially americans, having the best security in any hotels in Indonesia, if not the world. They also must have known that the hotels are going to host the Manchester United team and the Indonesian national team in a couple of days, so the publicity impact is much greater.

Ramadhan
07-18-2009, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by malayloveislam
I don't understand where did they got the idea to harm others. It is not taught in religious sources so, unless they give their own interpretation to harm others because they can't find appropriate teachers like what had been written in "certain websites" that Islam promotes this "bad deeds" that "bad deeds". They already had harmed other Muslims who will receive hatred treatments in majority non-Muslim countries if they are really Muslims.
Many of the victims, killed and injured, are muslims!

ardianto
07-18-2009, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
The person carrying the bomb looks weird?
Maybe yes, maybe no. Maybe he is not the bomber.
Police says this case is suicide bombing. Actually, on 17/7 police found seven complete dead bodies, one body without head and one woman head without body. At first time, number of dead victims was eight, and later became nine because that woman head is not appropriate with the headless body. Now police still looking for her body. But I can't say one of bomber is this woman.

Latest information. Nurdin Azis, a man who suspected as suicide bomber known as Nurhasbi. He stayed in JW marriot with three other men. But, no further information about the man in video. I don't know yet, is he Nurhasbi ?.

bil_sal
07-18-2009, 05:08 PM
This is the al-qaeda ideology, fight like madmen not caring who or what gets in your way. They need to ask themselves, why are they bombing hotels in Indonesia? Why are the killing innocent people? Because the hotel is Western? The negative influences of the west is bad yes and has been partially reponsible for our failures but when we have this kind of reactionary response by Al-Qaeda type figures then what do we do?

ardianto
07-18-2009, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bil_sal
This is the al-qaeda ideology, fight like madmen not caring who or what gets in your way. They need to ask themselves, why are they bombing hotels in Indonesia? Why are the killing innocent people? Because the hotel is Western? The negative influences of the west is bad yes and has been partially reponsible for our failures but when we have this kind of reactionary response by Al-Qaeda type figures then what do we do?
I can't say al-qaeda is the main backer, although Nurhasbi is a member of jamiah-islamiah, a group that suspected has a link to al-qaeda.

Why they kill innocent people, or in exactly western people ?
That's because if they kill only Indonesian people, their action will not becomes headlines in other countries's mass media.

In every case like this in Indonesia, the bombers usually a naive people who came from village. They are easy to urged and tricked by someone. i.e they indoctrinated as jihadis and jannah is waiting for them if they die in suicide bombing action. Behind the bomber is the backer, behind the backer is next backer, behind next backer is another backer. This is a multi level organization. But who is on the top ?. I don't know.

They have no jobs like our jobs, that's means they have no income. But they always have money for their actions. And, where is the money comes from ?. I don't think that is from al-qaeda.

nocturnal
07-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Whether it was Al Qai'da or not, its wrong to detonate such powerful explosives in the knowledge that it will result in the indiscriminate murder of innocent people, including Muslims.

This is what has cost the Muslim world its credibility in the world, and such actions will only further entrench misconceptions about Islam. It deters tourists who are vital to the Indonesian economy, and the lack of tourism based opportunities means fewer jobs for the people who then become susceptible to indoctrination by militant organizations.

Its one thing to engage in battle an occupation force in your country, its quite another to engage in the kind of mass murder of innocents that only rank barbarians can take any sort of pleasure in.

nocturnal
07-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Ardianto, i see the point you're making about the lack of economic opportunities afforded to these destitute people, and their resort to violence. Maybe this is a critical problem that the government has overlooked and in their failure to redress such an important issue and focus more on urbanized classes contributed to fomenting this unchecked militant activity.

Al-Zaara
07-19-2009, 04:18 PM
It is now speculated (or verfied?) that the group called Jemaah Islamiyah (JI) are the ones responsible for this attack.

Astagfirullah, what kind of people can go and do this? All these attacks and innocent ones dying, I can't see what there is to pride about if they do so. The world's situation is just disgusting.

ardianto
07-19-2009, 04:25 PM
No matter who are the bombers and who are behind the bombers, kill innocent people is absolutely wrong.

There are many proofs the bombers are Muslims but they have done an action that against Islam way. I am agree with many ulamas who say "Those bombers are enemies of Islam", because their action gave bad qonsequence for Muslims and for Indonesia.

This is not the first bombing case in Indonesia, even this is not the first bombing case in JW marriot hotel Jakarta, but I hope this is the last.

Skye Exmarine
07-20-2009, 02:29 AM
Could it be the same group of perpertrators as the other ones .

As uncovered by the investigations of Abu Bakar Bashir ,from Indonesia’s Java island.who said that the US intelligence agency used micro-nuclear bombs. The bombs were made by the CIA, it could be no one else,”
He said the attacks were a conspiracy between “America, Australia and the Jews” .

So could be that they are at it again , even under Obama's watch.

north_malaysian
07-20-2009, 04:20 AM
It's a very sad thing that Malaysians are involved in this terrorist attacks...

Our prayers are with you people in Indonesia..:cry:

ardianto
07-20-2009, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Exmarine
As uncovered by the investigations of Abu Bakar Bashir ,from Indonesia’s Java island.who said that the US intelligence agency used micro-nuclear bombs. The bombs were made by the CIA, it could be no one else,”
He said the attacks were a conspiracy between “America, Australia and the Jews” .
I have read his comment regarding to this bombing case, and he didn't say anything about micro-nuclear or conspiracy between "America, Australia and the Jews".

I don't defend Abu Bakar Ba'asyir, but there is no proof he is a man behind bombing cases in Indonesia, although one of 'actors' behind '2002 Bali Blast', Amrozy, was his student.

Skye Exmarine
07-21-2009, 06:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I have read his comment regarding to this bombing case, and he didn't say anything about micro-nuclear or conspiracy between "America, Australia and the Jews".

I don't defend Abu Bakar Ba'asyir, but there is no proof he is a man behind bombing cases in Indonesia, although one of 'actors' behind '2002 Bali Blast', Amrozy, was his student.

Agence France Presse

AFP Agence France Press appear to be the ones who originated this story
and on sold it to general media outlets ..
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-ne...r-Bali-bombing

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...gSEzTeAFb7vjdQ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Bali_bombings

ardianto
07-21-2009, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Exmarine
Agence France Presse

AFP Agence France Press appear to be the ones who originated this story
and on sold it to general media outlets ..
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-ne...r-Bali-bombing

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...gSEzTeAFb7vjdQ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Bali_bombings
These articles are regarding to 'Bali Blast', a bombing case that happened in 2002. But in 'JW Marriot-Ritz' Carlton bombing', Abu Bakar Ba'asyir didn't say anything about mikro nuke or conspiracy between America, Australia and Jews.

According to Indonesian police, the planner of this case maybe is a Malaysian, Noordin M Top. But police still need more evidences.

There were some bombing cases in Indonesia, and not every case related to another case.

north_malaysian
07-22-2009, 01:22 AM
According to Indonesian police, the planner of this case maybe is a Malaysian, Noordin M Top.
As a Malaysian, I really hate this guy...:raging:

ardianto
07-22-2009, 04:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
As a Malaysian, I really hate this guy...:raging:
We are sorry if we offend you or Malaysian people.
We know he is not representative of Malaysian people, he represents himself. Even his men are Indonesians.

Do you know, brother ? for many Indonesians, Malaysian is not foreigner but family who lives in another house. That's why I was very sad when I heard a Malaysian from northern province said "We are not brother of Indonesian, but we are brother of southern Thailand Muslims. Malaysian and Indonesian people who have family relation is only Johor and Riau". imsad

malayloveislam
07-22-2009, 06:06 AM
:sl:

I don't understand what is the problem of Nordin M Top. His act only causing Muslims problem and those who live in the Western countries will end up being victimized by ignorant or when we have to visit certain Western countries, we will be suspected with thousands of nonsense suspicions. If say he dreams of a united Muslim nation, bombing and killing others is not the way. We too have that dream, to live in Islamic environment and releasing those Muslims oppressed around the world, but bombing, slaughtering, and killing is still not the way. We should strengthen our economic ties and deepening our knowledge in Islam beginning from basic things to above, that is among the answers.

I'm so sorry about northern province people in Malaysia statement. Well, actually those in North-West Coast have connection with Muslim Achehnese. Also Muslim Achehnese from Pasai are among those who responsible in preaching Islam to Southern Thais, they were given a piece of land, known as Kampong Melayu by the king while he is still a Buddhist. There are also Banjarese who were invited by our royal palace to teach religious knowledge during the war with Siam empire around 18th C, those people are with Arab ancestry and were given lands in the kingdom.

The reason why we claim similarity with Southern Thais is that previously we have a nationalistic dream where we wanted to establish our ancient kingdom again. It is the kingdom of Langkasuka which actually covers Southern Thai, Northern Malaysia, and Eastern Coast of Malaysia but when Western Imperialism crept in, the idea had been stopped from being implemented. Our people too had helped them when they face war with Siam. Even they had already conquered Bangkok around 17th C. However the real thing that brought us around the world together is Islam. Islam has no boundary like a nation build through nationalistic approach :statisfie.

north_malaysian
07-22-2009, 07:13 AM
"We are not brother of Indonesian, but we are brother of southern Thailand Muslims. Malaysian and Indonesian people who have family relation is only Johor and Riau". imsad
Religiously, we're brothers with Indonesians ... but culturally .. we're closer to the Thais...

north_malaysian
07-22-2009, 07:16 AM
:sl:

I don't understand what is the problem of Nordin M Top. His act only causing Muslims problem and those who live in the Western countries will end up being victimized by ignorant or when we have to visit certain Western countries, we will be suspected with thousands of nonsense suspicions. If say he dreams of a united Muslim nation, bombing and killing others is not the way. We too have that dream, to live in Islamic environment and releasing those Muslims oppressed around the world, but bombing, slaughtering, and killing is still not the way. We should strengthen our economic ties and deepening our knowledge in Islam beginning from basic things to above, that is among the answers.
I dont think Muslims (in both Indonesia and Malaysia) would support this group... they killed innocent people...

The reason why we claim similarity with Southern Thais is that previously we have a nationalistic dream where we wanted to establish our ancient kingdom again. It is the kingdom of Langkasuka which actually covers Southern Thai, Northern Malaysia, and Eastern Coast of Malaysia but when Western Imperialism crept in, the idea had been stopped from being implemented. Our people too had helped them when they face war with Siam. Even they had already conquered Bangkok around 17th C. However the real thing that brought us around the world is Islam. Islam has no boundary like a nation build through nationalistic approach :statisfie.
We just want to re-discover and revive our forgotten culture... but we will still remain as Muslims... there are millions of ethnic Thais who are Muslims too..

malayloveislam
07-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I think Muslims in South Thai should play their role in preaching Islam to non-Muslim Thais although their position in Thailand is a mistake of history. They should reverse the mistake to the positive, in spreading peace (salam) to others. I have several Muslim Thai friends in the varsity but what makes me feel irritated is that they did not show what is Islam to their Buddhist friends.

I also have few Buddhist Thai friends and I have to use the approach of Wali Songo when talking to them. I would like to express my gratefulness to Indonesian scholars for introducing Wali Songo to us. Those Buddhists especially from South although sharing the same ancestry with us are actually very stern Buddhist. I have to use classical texts like Ramakien (Ramayana) when talking to them. I don't really favor those texts and I tried to avoid Shirk as much as I can, but we can't teach them like "why are you talking about Buddha?? It's Bap (Papa/Dosa/Sinful)." We have to go slowly and be patient with them like what our ancestors were taught before by Muslim Arab missionaries. One of my Buddhist friend had complained about this when he talk to me. But he said that when he talk with me, he don't feel so tense.

north_malaysian
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
I think Muslims in South Thai should play their role in preaching Islam to non-Muslim Thais although their position in Thailand is a mistake of history. They should reverse the mistake to the positive, in spreading peace (salam) to others. I have several Muslim Thai friends in the varsity but what makes me feel irritated is that they did not show what is Islam to their Buddhist friends.

I also have few Buddhist Thai friends and I have to use the approach of Wali Songo when talking to them. I would like to express my gratefulness to Indonesian scholars for introducing Wali Songo to us. Those Buddhists especially from South although sharing the same ancestry with us are actually very stern Buddhist. I have to use classical texts like Ramakien (Ramayana) when talking to them. I don't really favor those texts and I tried to avoid Shirk as much as I can, but we can't teach them like "why are you talking about Buddha?? It's Bap (Papa/Dosa/Sinful)." We have to go slowly and be patient with them like what our ancestors were taught before by Muslim Arab missionaries. One of my Buddhist friend had complained about this when he talk to me. But he said that when he talk with me, he don't feel so tense.
I've seen documentary about Islam in Thailand (Syahadah on TV1, Ramadan few years back)... they have da'wa centers where ethnic Thais and Chinese converted to Islam in Bangkok.

ardianto
07-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Religiously, we're brothers with Indonesians ... but culturally .. we're closer to the Thais...
I understand, and honestly, I'm agree with you.
But I hope Malaysians never have objection if an Indonesian (Usually in TV program) call negeri/bangsa serumpun to Malaysia.

I have meet Malaysian, Singapore Malay and Bruneis in my city, and I never feel they are foreigners.

north_malaysian
07-23-2009, 02:09 AM
I understand, and honestly, I'm agree with you.
But I hope Malaysians never have objection if an Indonesian (Usually in TV program) call negeri/bangsa serumpun to Malaysia.
no problem... but if you know any Indonesians living in Malaysia, please ask them to be active in the local mosque and community activities to avoid discriminations... in our local surau, the Bangladeshis and Egyptians are actively involved.

I have meet Malaysian, Singapore Malay and Bruneis in my city, and I never feel they are foreigners.
My friends visited Bali last year and said that the Balinese prefer to entertain Malaysians than entertaining bule (white) people

malayloveislam
07-23-2009, 04:46 PM
I had seen many documentaries about Balinese. Strangely, I found that they speak Malay quite similar to those formal Malay spoken in our place compared to those in Jakarta.

We also have to shift to formal Malay when talking to others especially those from South like native ethnics in Indonesia have to shift to bahasa Indonesia when talking to others as we also have our own provincial languages. If not using the pronunciation of "e" sempit for the last vowel of certain words, we will at least use the "a" vowel like those Balinese and changing words. I thought that they are strongly related to Javanese, so I thought that their spoken Malay might have some Javanese influence, but it is in the opposite, they speak Malay lightly.

My father had visited Bali, he talked with a supir, and when he asked the supir, what is your ethnicity, because he feel strange that there are still Hindu natives and he had never met people like that before. The supir then answered, kami bangsa hindu, pak... In our country, the image that carved in our mind is that, the Tamils as hindus because majority of them are hindus. Actually we call Indians as hindu.

ardianto
07-23-2009, 05:05 PM
For Malaysian. When you visit Bali and you want to buy souvenirs, don't forget to inform the trader, you are Malaysian. You can get special prize, no matter your ethnic, Malay, Chinese or Indian.

There are two group of Balinese Hindus people.
First, Bali Aga. They are origin people of Bali.
Second, Bali Majapahit. They were Javanese Hindus from Majapahit kingdom who escaped to Bali in early 16th century after Islam came to Java island.

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 03:14 AM
Actually we call Indians as hindu.
We call Hindu Indians as "Orang Hindu", Christian Indians as "Orang Serani", Sikh Indians as "Orang Singh" and Muslim Indians as "Mamak"

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 03:17 AM
For Malaysian. When you visit Bali and you want to buy souvenirs, don't forget to inform the trader, you are Malaysian. You can get special prize, no matter your ethnic, Malay, Chinese or Indian.
I've checked the travelling prices offer by tour agencies, going to Bali is cheaper than Jakarta... and Bali is more far than Jakarta.. I wonder why... If I'm not mistaken there are offer as low as less than RM200.00 for a 3D/2N in Bali.

There are two group of Balinese Hindus people.
First, Bali Aga. They are origin people of Bali.
Second, Bali Majapahit. They were Javanese Hindus from Majapahit kingdom who escaped to Bali in early 16th century after Islam came to Java island.
I've read somewhere that there are Muslim Balinese living on the western side of the island... their villages have no candi (Hindu shrines) and Hari Nyepi was not imposed on these Muslim villages...

ardianto
07-24-2009, 03:33 AM
[QUOTE=north_malaysian;1190508]I've checked the travelling prices offer by tour agencies, going to Bali is cheaper than Jakarta... and Bali is more far than Jakarta.. I wonder why... If I'm not mistaken there are offer as low as less than RM200.00 for a 3D/2N in Bali.[QUOTE]
That is not including airfare, of course. And maybe not including tour. Tour is optional.

I've read somewhere that there are Muslim Balinese living on the western side of the island... their villages have no candi (Hindu shrines) and Hari Nyepi was not imposed on these Muslim villages...
I think you read an article about Muslim village. Other Muslims are living in Hindu's area, and I hear they have good relationship with their Hindus neighbor.

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 03:45 AM
That is not including airfare, of course. And maybe not including tour. Tour is optional.
including airfare and accomodation :statisfie

ardianto
07-24-2009, 03:51 AM
including airfare and accomodation :statisfie
What.....?

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 04:16 AM
What.....?
yupp...

malayloveislam
07-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Is it really RM200? That's soooooo cheap!!! I want to visit Bali too. It's not fun only listening about others' experience. I want to make some research about Hindu customs there for additional knowledge and enjoying the beauty of their natural and scenic environment. I'm already familiar with Buddhist culture around our area which is also inter-twined with ancient Hinduism.

Oh yeah, I heard somewhere about Terengganese village in Bali or somewhere in Maluku. That is interesting.

Ramadhan
07-24-2009, 07:23 AM
is that with Air Asia?
Gotta love Air Asia, they make flying in and around SE Asia sooo cheap.

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Is it really RM200? That's soooooo cheap!!! I want to visit Bali too. It's not fun only listening about others' experience. I want to make some research about Hindu customs there for additional knowledge and enjoying the beauty of their natural and scenic environment. I'm already familiar with Buddhist culture around our area which is also inter-twined with ancient Hinduism.

Oh yeah, I heard somewhere about Terengganese village in Bali or somewhere in Maluku. That is interesting.
it's RM180 something.... from October until April... it's on The Star early this month...

Terengganese village? People of Terengganu?

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
is that with Air Asia?
Gotta love Air Asia, they make flying in and around SE Asia sooo cheap.
Air Asia is cheap... but you have to book early...

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 07:39 AM
It's from Reliance Travel.com

3D/2N Bali Free & Easy - RM 186
* Free half day Ubud/Tanjong Benoa Tour

(Travel Period: July - December 2009)

http://www.tourworld.com.my/index.ph...k=view&id=165/

malayloveislam
07-24-2009, 07:39 AM
it's RM180 something.... from October until April... it's on The Star early this month...

Terengganese village? People of Terengganu?
Yep... They are Muslim. I can't remember where did I get the story about them. Quite interesting because Terengganese are not easily founded outside of their state.

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Yep... They are Muslim. I can't remember where did I get the story about them. Quite interesting because Terengganese are not easily founded outside of their state.
It's normal if there are Terengganese in all states in Malaysia, or in Singapore... but in Bali?

Ramadhan
07-24-2009, 08:21 AM
never heard about this before. Interesting.
anyway, I loovee keropok ikan from terengganu. Could not get enough of them when I was in terengganu twice last year :D

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 08:49 AM
anyway, I loovee keropok ikan from terengganu. Could not get enough of them when I was in terengganu twice last year :D
I love Terengganese "Keropok Lekor" ......

malayloveislam
07-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Wow, I love being in Terengganu :statisfie I love keropok lekor too especially those made in Terengganu

pic: www.cenderahatishop.portalniaga.com

Ramadhan
07-24-2009, 09:01 AM
I love Terengganese "Keropok Lekor" ......
That's right. Keropok Lekor!
My KL friends who are from terengganu swear the terengganu keropok lekor are the best in Malaysia :)

north_malaysian
07-24-2009, 09:12 AM
That's right. Keropok Lekor!
My KL friends who are from terengganu swear the terengganu keropok lekor are the best in Malaysia :)
Of course they have the best keropok lekor... They invented it!!! :D

any Malaysians who visited Terengganu will come back with kilos of raw keropok lekor.... i love boiled keropok lekor too... just like sausages

ardianto
08-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Main suspect of many bombing case in Indonesia, Noordin M Top, was killed on saturday morning in a village house at Temanggung, Central Java, Indonesia.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MhHIsnYKBg

north_malaysian
08-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Main suspect of many bombing case in Indonesia, Noordin M Top, was killed on saturday morning in a village house at Temanggung, Central Java, Indonesia.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MhHIsnYKBg
I'm so sad that my country produced a killer like him..

I'm more sad when the local media blaming Indonesia for converting him into terrorism...

alcurad
08-10-2009, 01:32 AM
^bro, it's not the county's fault, he made his own choices and paid for it.

north_malaysian
08-10-2009, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
^bro, it's not the county's fault, he made his own choices and paid for it.
on topix.com, the Indonesian forummers are accusing Malaysia as "terrorist-producer" country and bombing Indonesia... I wonder whether their media think the same

this morning, on our TV1 they were reading newslines from Malaysian daily newspaper saying that Indonesia influenced him to be terrorist... not Malaysia...

alcurad
08-10-2009, 03:09 AM
eh? that's quite weird, since Indonesians and Malaysians of all ethnicties are amongst the most tolerant. strange.

I say that would be a state sponsored blame-game, nothing else. he is an individual, horrible actions, but his fault alone, seems comical to suggest the lady shopping with her kids or stressed out guy going to his white collar job made him a terrorist.

north_malaysian
08-10-2009, 04:41 AM
eh? that's quite weird, since Indonesians and Malaysians of all elasticities are amongst the most tolerant. strange.
Malaysians and Indonesians are ok with each others.. but the politicians and ultra-nationalists of both nations.....

Ramadhan
08-10-2009, 07:06 AM
I also see here in Indonesia that many laymen are easily provoked by media selling sensationalism/cheap journalism to dislike Malaysia/malaysians. In addition, many politicians try to gain populist points by stirring up any potential row with our neighbouring country.

When I think about it, it is quite depressing to know that so many people lack intellectual capacity to get better information and can be so easily misled.

alcurad
08-10-2009, 07:24 AM
i didn't know about that honestly, i thought both countries were quite free from this on the political level, hmm.
what's up with Anwar Ibrahim and correcting the government btw? was it just talk la? or maybe the time is not right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bok-1rVRgeQ

also, in Indonesia you guys have this food called telur pindang right? i know it this at least lol

ardianto
08-10-2009, 08:30 AM
on topix.com, the Indonesian forummers are accusing Malaysia as "terrorist-producer" country and bombing Indonesia... I wonder whether their media think the same
In certain blogs and webforums, Indonesian are always talking bad about Malaysia, and Malaysian are always talking bad about Indonesia.
But out of web, there is no Indonesian who accuse Malaysia as "terrorist-producer".

Once again, the terorist suspect that killed in Temanggung maybe is NOT Noordin M Top, but his group member.

north_malaysian
08-10-2009, 08:50 AM
I also see here in Indonesia that many laymen are easily provoked by media selling sensationalism/cheap journalism to dislike Malaysia/malaysians. In addition, many politicians try to gain populist points by stirring up any potential row with our neighbouring country.
In Malaysia too.. the craziest thing that many of those who hate Indonesians are ethnic Malays.. many have Javanese ancestry... I was like how Malaysian Javanese can say nasty things to Indonesians as their ancestors came here from Indonesia too...imsad

north_malaysian
08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
i didn't know about that honestly, i thought both countries were quite free from this on the political level, hmm.
what's up with Anwar Ibrahim and correcting the government btw? was it just talk la? or maybe the time is not right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bok-1rVRgeQ

also, in Indonesia you guys have this food called telur pindang right? i know it this at least lol
From my observation, the opposition is in a very weak position right now ..as the political parties (PAS, PKR, DAP) are fighting each others for smaller issues

and the current PM is like having a strategy to take over the 4 states won by the opposition...

the people are kinda hating both sides...

but still, the oppositions managed to protest against a draconian law, Internal Security Act (where a person can be detained without trial) on the 1st August

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ean9C...eature=related

ardianto
08-10-2009, 02:06 PM

Telur Pindang

http://www.kitchenfun.withti.com/200...iled-eggs.html

ardianto
08-10-2009, 03:10 PM
In Malaysia too.. the craziest thing that many of those who hate Indonesians are ethnic Malays.. many have Javanese ancestry... I was like how Malaysian Javanese can say nasty things to Indonesians as their ancestors came here from Indonesia too...imsad
Indonesians and Malaysians have a same hobby, blow up a little problem into big.

In example, Indonesians were angry when Malaysians claimed, Rendang as Malaysian food. And Malaysians were angry when Indonesians said Rendang is origin food of Padang.

My opinion ?. No matter where is Rendang come from, Rendang is delicious. :D

Of course, not every Indonesian hate Malaysian, and not every Malaysian hate Indonesian.

north_malaysian
08-11-2009, 04:18 AM
Indonesians and Malaysians have a same hobby, blow up a little problem into big.

In example, Indonesians were angry when Malaysians claimed, Rendang as Malaysian food. And Malaysians were angry when Indonesians said Rendang is origin food of Padang.

My opinion ?. No matter where is Rendang come from, Rendang is delicious. :D

Of course, not every Indonesian hate Malaysian, and not every Malaysian hate Indonesian.
Yeah.. who cares about the origin of Rendang... as long as it's delicious!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.