/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Lol cats.

UmmSqueakster
07-17-2009, 01:06 PM
As many have probably seen from my signature, I have a cat named Squeaky. Squeaky is, IMHO, beyond adorable, so I take a ton of pictures of her. And, occasionally, those pictures lend themselves to LOL cats. For the uninitiated, visit http://icanhascheezburger.com/

Now, as a muslim, of course I'd like to see my 2 interests - cats and islam - combined. Alas, there are not a lot of muslim lol cats out there. The only other person who makes them, to the best of my knowledge, is Mr. Moo. So if anyone wants to start, you can create an account at icanhascheezburger, browse through pictures and start makin em!

I won't post them all at once (i only have a half dozen or so now), but when I make new ones, I'll post em here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
07-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Sutra?

UmmSqueakster
07-17-2009, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Sutra?
When a person is praying alone, they put an object in front of them to indicate where they are praying. People pass on the far side of the sutra, but not between the person and the sutra

Narrated Nafi:

"I saw Ibn 'Umar praying while taking his camel as a Sutra in front of him and he said, "I saw the Prophet doing the same." [bukhari]

UmmSqueakster
07-21-2009, 04:28 PM

Funny story actually - yesterday, my husband took a nap after work, and was planning on waking up about 10 minutes before maghrib/iftar. 12 minutes before maghrib, Squeaky decided she must march around the apartment, meowing at the top of her little lungs. We joked that she is the adhan cat :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bint-Al-Islam
07-26-2009, 04:17 AM
Salam Alekum
Intersting..

Muhaba
08-01-2009, 09:26 AM
such a beautiful cat you've got, masha-Allah!

UmmSqueakster
08-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks, she is the squishy love of my life :D

- IqRa -
08-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Lol. nice ones.

Fטлку
09-24-2009, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummsqueakster
thanks, she is the squishy love of my life :d

omg! So cute!!

UmmSqueakster
12-30-2009, 10:25 PM

Beardo
12-30-2009, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by UmmSqueakster

LOLOLOLOLOL ;D

That is HILARIOUS!

Love it.

KittenLover
12-30-2009, 10:43 PM

LOL THIS IS FUNNY!!

aw she's cute but my kitten is more cute I think :statisfie I love her to bits lol.

love_mawada
01-02-2010, 01:39 PM
[B]aww bless! mashallah that is one ADORABLE cat im an animal lover too but unfortunatley ive only got a rabbit :'(]

Fטлку
01-02-2010, 02:36 PM
^ :ooh: sweet!
though that kinda reminds me of the poor bunny in bio class :X

Raaina
01-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Pictures of the kitty are beautiful :D

UmmSqueakster
01-18-2010, 02:47 PM
fresh squeaky lol, hot off the presses:

Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or lying on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, saying, “Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire. 3:191

Life_Is_Short
01-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Haha that was funny,

I'm only allowed to have fish. :( They don't do funny things. When a cat keeps looking at you, it's creepy.:><:

Asiyah3
01-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Aww <3<3<3... Your cat is very sweet & lovely ;)

skatteress
02-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Awwwwwww.. mashallah... your cat is soooo ccute!!!
:( iam allergic to cat. however i adore them!!!

UmmSqueakster
06-03-2010, 07:08 PM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Awww This thread is awesome. . .
Your cat is soo cute MashaAllaah.:)
I have a lil kitten shes cute aswell MashaAllaah
The name of ze thread was calling me :D

So yeah :)

cat eyes
06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
awwwwwwwwwww so cute mashallah :p

shuraimfan4lyf
06-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Lolz at all the funny cat pics,especially with the extended hilarious comments. Indeed, All creatures do dhikr and remember Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala!

See you not that to Allah prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and Ad-Dawab (moving living creatures, beasts, etc.), and many of mankind? But there are many (men) on whom the punishment is justified. And whomsoever Allah disgraces, none can honour him. Verily! Allah does what He wills. Surat Al-Hajj 22:18

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-03-2010, 08:34 PM
^MashaAllaah nice Ayah
When will my Kitten begin?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Or does she need to grow a lil bit more?
Like for Insaan the children should start to pray when ever possible right

UmmSqueakster
06-03-2010, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Or does she need to grow a lil bit more?
Like for Insaan the children should start to pray when ever possible right
In all seriousness, you can integrate your cat into your dhikr. We keep the Squeakster locked up (she doesn't mind staying in her carrier, and will in fact often sleep there of her own accord) while we do salat. She's a huge fan of sprawling on our prayer rugs (see previous pictures as evidence), and we found that when we made sujood and stuck our noses where she'd been laying, it would irritate our allergies. Thus, the rugs got washed and Squeaky isn't allowed on them anymore.

But, after salat, we fold up the rug and let her out. She usually comes to sit by us, and I'll stick her on my lap and pet her while I make dhikr - one phrase with each pet :) She seems quite content to get the attention and I figure hey, one more thing on the day of judgment that will testify to my good deeds ;)

Yes, yes I am a crazy cat lady.

Rhubarb Tart
06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Mashallah your cat is very cute. I am thinking of getting one cat and I want a black cat. But my friends and family have said black cats are haraam. Does anyone know if black cats are Haraam? And why? :s

IslamicRevival
06-03-2010, 08:57 PM
LOL, Is this your cat UmmSqueakster? SubhanAllah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-03-2010, 08:58 PM
^No theyre not haraam, why would they be?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-03-2010, 08:59 PM
In all seriousness, you can integrate your cat into your dhikr. We keep the Squeakster locked up (she doesn't mind staying in her carrier, and will in fact often sleep there of her own accord) while we do salat. She's a huge fan of sprawling on our prayer rugs (see previous pictures as evidence), and we found that when we made sujood and stuck our noses where she'd been laying, it would irritate our allergies. Thus, the rugs got washed and Squeaky isn't allowed on them anymore.

But, after salat, we fold up the rug and let her out. She usually comes to sit by us, and I'll stick her on my lap and pet her while I make dhikr - one phrase with each pet :) She seems quite content to get the attention and I figure hey, one more thing on the day of judgment that will testify to my good deeds ;)

Yes, yes I am a crazy cat lady.
Awww MashaAllaah, Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing. . .

UmmSqueakster
06-03-2010, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Mashallah your cat is very cute. I am thinking of getting one cat and I want a black cat. But my friends and family have said black cats are haraam. Does anyone know if black cats are Haraam? And why? :s
I've read a lot on cats in islam (there isn't that much out there), and haven't ever come across anything from the texts that say black cats are haram. However, I have encountered a general black cat phobia, especially in arab culture. AbuS refused to get a black cat, although he doesn't give a reason other than he doesn't feel comfortable.

It's really too bad, because a lot of people don't want to adopt black cats. The black kitties at our shelter are usually there for much longer than their non black siblings and friends :(

UmmSqueakster
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
LOL, Is this your cat UmmSqueakster? SubhanAllah
It is, that's the Squeakster aka Squeaky Deak, the feline love of my life :statisfie

Rhubarb Tart
06-03-2010, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
^No theyre not haraam, why would they be?
Dont know. I think it is just my culture. I’m half Somali and half Italian. ALL of my somali family have said this time and time again. Weird. I think I might get one still.

Rhubarb Tart
06-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I've read a lot on cats in islam (there isn't that much out there), and haven't ever come across anything from the texts that say black cats are haram. However, I have encountered a general black cat phobia, especially in arab culture. AbuS refused to get a black cat, although he doesn't give a reason other than he doesn't feel comfortable.

It's really too bad, because a lot of people don't want to adopt black cats. The black kitties at our shelter are usually there for much longer than their non black siblings and friends :(
Thanks.

I might get one black cat. Oh I'm not Arab but somali. I wonder why people have a phobia towards Black cats.

UmmSqueakster
06-04-2010, 12:58 PM
I live in a community with a huuuuuuge somali population. I'll see if I can get AbuS to ask a somali sheikh about the matter.

UmmSqueakster
06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Sorry, husband has not yet had a chance to talk to any somali shayookh. Will keep bugging him about it.

New Squeakylol

Ka`b bin Malik (ra) reported: “I saw Messenger of Allah (saws) eating with three fingers (i.e., the thumb, the index finger and the middle finger) and licking them after having finished the food. [Muslim]

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-16-2010, 06:28 PM
^MashaAllaah. .
Interesting :)

Candle
06-16-2010, 06:53 PM
love this thread. I've got an all black cat, and she's ma baybay. :lol:

Candle
06-16-2010, 06:58 PM

UmmSqueakster
06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Those come from the only other muslimlolcat maker (other than me) that I know of, Mr. Moo. This is my favorite:

The story behind why it's funny - the islamic calendar is lunar. People disagree as to when the month actually starts - when the new moon is seen in your locality/country, or when it's seen around the world, or when it's seen in saudi arabia. Because of this, different muslims will often start fasting on different days, and subsequently, will end ramadan and celebrate eid on different days.

So, someone could still be observing Ramadan, while their neighbor is happily wishing them an eid mubarak and shoving a big ol hunk of cake in their mouth ;D

Candle
06-16-2010, 09:52 PM
lol, I know the feeling. As a previously observant Catholic, I spent 40 days a year on a strict Lenten fast. Doesn't feel so good..

Ramadhan
06-18-2010, 07:00 AM

LOL. That cat does not look too happy!

There was one year when me and my brothers ended our ramadhan one day before the rest of our big extended family because of disagreements in Indonesia (as a very large country) of when 1 Syawal started.
We chose the safer option; we did not want to fast on 1 syawal.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.