/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do we know about the autheticity of Hadith Qudsi? (Isit mentioned in the quran?)

AlexJ90
07-17-2009, 07:05 PM
I am studying my religion, and have strong beliefs with hadith qudsi, as its generally seen as a direct hadith from Allah.

However, are the hadiths qudsi mentioned in the quran? How is one to fully believe where they come from? and how authentic they are?

Please help

Thanks alot brothers

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
07-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Hadith Qudsi are authenticated in the same way as any other hadith. It has similar criteria for checking the chain of narrations, etc.

Any Hadith in which the Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi waSallam says something along the lines of "Allah 'Azza wa Jall says:..." it becomes a Hadith Qudsi.

AlexJ90
07-17-2009, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Hadith Qudsi are authenticated in the same way as any other hadith. It has similar criteria for checking the chain of narrations, etc.

Any Hadith in which the Prophet Sallallahu 'Alaihi waSallam says something along the lines of "Allah 'Azza wa Jall says:..." it becomes a Hadith Qudsi.
thanks bro for the reply, what does "Allah 'Azza wa Jall'' mean in english?

Also isit true there is 40 hadith qudsi, and they hold more importance than other normal hadiths?

Thanks

AabiruSabeel
07-17-2009, 07:20 PM
'Azza waJall is like saying Allah, the Most Honoured or something like that. We can also say Allah SubHanahu waTa'ala.

Yes, there are forty hadith Qudsi compiled by Imam Nawawi (as far as I can remember) in one book, and there are others which are not his book. So the number is not just 40, it can be more.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlexJ90
07-17-2009, 07:29 PM
ok thanks brother.

Is hadith qudsi more important than the other hadiths? Do people place more emphasis on hadith qudsi? because its a direct hadith from Allah subhanu wa talala

AabiruSabeel
07-17-2009, 07:32 PM
I haven't seen anyone placing more importance for Hadith Qudsi than any other authentic Hadith, but I am not sure what the scholars say about it. I don't know.

Beardo
07-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Hadithul Qudsi are the Hadith revealed by the Archangel Jibraeel Alayhe Salaam, if I am not mistaken.

Yanal
07-17-2009, 08:23 PM
^ I think that too.

ahmed_indian
07-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Hadith Qudsi are recorded in Sahih Bukhari also.

so u need not worry brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.