/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Faith

zza
07-18-2009, 01:48 AM
ASA,

I was brought to this world as a muslim,read the holy book,not understanding a word written,but it is now 20 years later that i want to know more...i want to be a true muslim.Im not to sure where to refer?Are there any suggestions??Y now 20 years later??IL explain
Its really awful.....when you want something and you dont get it....you realize there is only one person you can pray to and who has the power to change anything that has been written for u....
Thats why i feel its a blessing in disguse....i didnt get what i want and as a result of it i have signed up to this forum and i have began to research my religion....
sooo what do u suggest??I need to regain faith....everything happens for a reason rite??and Allah has better things planned for you???
Any comment would be useful
Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-19-2009, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zza
ASA,
wa alaykum us-Salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

I was brought to this world as a muslim,read the holy book,not understanding a word written,but it is now 20 years later that i want to know more...i want to be a true muslim.Im not to sure where to refer?Are there any suggestions??Y now 20 years later??IL explain
Its really awful.....when you want something and you dont get it....you realize there is only one person you can pray to and who has the power to change anything that has been written for u....
errr you mean being :p

sooo what do u suggest??I need to regain faith....everything happens for a reason rite??and Allah has better things planned for you???
ok im not sure how to become a true Muslim, but inshallah i can give you advice on how to increase your faith:

• smile often/be kind (people will warm up to you which means it's a good dawah opportunity :D)
  • research about aqeedah (creed) like who is Allah, His attributes, His messengers, paradise, The fire etc etc etc
  • keep blood ties
  • listen to useful lectures

explore this forum, there's some pretty good stuff around :)

Layla454
07-19-2009, 10:03 AM
ASA,

Thats why i feel its a blessing in disguse....i didnt get what i want and as a result of it i have signed up to this forum and i have began to research my religion....
Jazakallah
:wa:

* Read the Quran and also read the translation in your own language so you have some idea of what you're reading.
* Read articles and listen to lectures.
* Reflect on life and its meaning.

Things like these will help you insha Allah

Ali_008
07-19-2009, 10:40 AM
:sl:
Mashallah sister its a very good news. Allah has guided you to the truth and I recommend you to make the most of this opportunity (desire to seek knowledge). Start with the Qur'an, read the original text and the translation & commentary as well.

Get in touch with Rasoolullah's (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam) Ahadeeth and the immense reward hidden in the simplest of deeds.

I hope that you don't use profanity, if you do resist from it to gain control over your nafs.

Offer all 5 Salaah on their due time.

Keep thinking about death and the afterlife.

Like said above, attend, watch or listen to beneficial lectures.

May Allah keep your heart firm in faith.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zza
07-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Thank you all for all the advice given

Where would you be able to watch or listen to beneficial lectures???

I wowuldnt know where to begin!!!would anyone be able to provide me with links with the lectures on or guide me to who?

Jazakullah

- IqRa -
07-20-2009, 08:44 AM
www.kalamullah.com

http://www.geocities.com/mutmainaa/index1.html

Ummu Sufyaan
07-20-2009, 08:56 AM
:sl:
Thank you all for all the advice given

Where would you be able to watch or listen to beneficial lectures???

I wowuldnt know where to begin!!!would anyone be able to provide me with links with the lectures on or guide me to who?

Jazakullah
there is like over a hundred of lectures on-line which can get a little daunting....so if you have trouble choosing where to begin from, try choosing lectures you thkink you need the most. for example if you have trouble praying on time, maybe you could listen to a lecture about that...so basically, just prioritize! :)

- IqRa -
07-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Start with 5 times a day prayer, HIjaab and Qur'aan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.