/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I love this girl - She is getting married

_Narmi_
07-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Assalam OæAlaikum

I am in a very odd situation. I liked and still love a girl in the family and wanted to marry her. But due to family circumstances it did not happen. As she is from family I know her attitude towards the deen.

I have never forgotten her and will never. I have a feeling that even she had feelings for me though we never ever talked about it. She is getting married now soon and Iam very saad in this sadness Ive started praying for allahs help and really do want her in my life. But at the same time Iam confused if what Iam asking allah for is right?

My love for her is true and pure without conditions....

Ive asked allah that If i get her as my wife I will completely devote my life in the way of allah.

Please brothers and sisters in islam, advice me

Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-19-2009, 07:16 AM
:sl:
try this thread akhee
http://www.islamicboard.com/family-s...ve-object.html

im also going to advice you and say that since she is getting married, to move on and try to forget her, reason being that if you don't you'll just store up this false hope that she'll be yours but if she cant be yours you'll just pin over her and torture yourself...

optimist
07-19-2009, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _Narmi_
Assalam OæAlaikum

I am in a very odd situation. I liked and still love a girl in the family and wanted to marry her. But due to family circumstances it did not happen. As she is from family I know her attitude towards the deen.

I have never forgotten her and will never. I have a feeling that even she had feelings for me though we never ever talked about it. She is getting married now soon and Iam very saad in this sadness Ive started praying for allahs help and really do want her in my life. But at the same time Iam confused if what Iam asking allah for is right?

My love for her is true and pure without conditions....

Ive asked allah that If i get her as my wife I will completely devote my life in the way of allah.

Jazakallah
salam,

why don't you talk to the parents of the girl directly or through your parents. You have to learn to express your feeling and just keeping it inside your heart is of no meaning.

wassalam

GuestFellow
07-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Assalam OæAlaikum

Maybe you should tell your parents and they can get in contact with the girl's parents. Though I think you need to let it be. You need to accept this and simply move on. Hey probably something good might come out of this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali_008
07-19-2009, 12:24 PM
:sl:
I don't think that you can even think of marrying that girl anymore because her marriage has been already arranged and according to a Hadeeth, it is forbidden for a Muslim to propose marriage to a girl who has been already asked in marriage by another Muslim brother. So the best option for you is to move on.

When you give up something for the sake of Allah, Allah substitutes it with something better.

I'd give you this Dua, use it. It worked wonders for the person who used it and let me tell you who that person was.

Abu Salama (RadhiAllahu Anhu) was on his deathbed when he taught his wife, Umm Salamah (RadhiAllahu Anha) the following dua:

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Raaji'oon, Allahumma jurnee fee museebatee wa akhliflee khairam minhaa
Umm Salamah (RadhiAllahu Anha) recited this dua after the demise of Abu Salamah. Thanks to Allah who accepted this Dua of hers that she later got married to Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam). Allah substituted her husband with the best human ever known. And before getting married to Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam), she received proposals from Abu Bakr Siddiq and Umar Farooq (RadhiAllahu Anhuma) as well but she refused. Here's her story:
May Allah guide you and protect you in this time of trial and bless you with a more beautiful and more pious wife.

Don't make vows as well because Rasoolullah (SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam) didn't really like people taking oaths and asked them to avoid it as much as they could. Have a look at the following page which gives the Ahadeeth of Books of Vows and Oaths from Sahih Bukhari
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/sun...i/078.sbt.html

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-19-2009, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _Narmi_
Assalam OæAlaikum

Jazakallah
but bro... is conditional submission truelly submission?

IF you get her?

whoah... bro...

inshAllah things work out for you, you may love something but ALlah knows what is best for you....

Assalamu Alaikum

_Narmi_
07-19-2009, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
but bro... is conditional submission truelly submission?

IF you get her?

whoah... bro...

inshAllah things work out for you, you may love something but ALlah knows what is best for you....

Assalamu Alaikum
Assalam OæAlaikum

Shukran for everyone who replied my question. your advice is really worth in gold for me. Perhaps I c the right path.

Brother that phrase was perhaps wrongly written. I have already started reevaluate my life and started submissing my life to Allah and come close to him.. Inshallah it will take time but I will fullfil this Aim.

Shukran,

_Narmi_

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.