/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my anniversary is comming up soon and i need help

Grofica
07-19-2009, 01:31 AM
this is for both males and females.

My darling husband and i have our FIRST anniversary comming up in November and it will take me a little while to set everything up but i would really like to do something for him to show him how much i love and appreciate him (above and beyond normal) so my question is...

ladies do you have any nice ideas for something i can do?

and gentlemen if your wife wanted to do something for you what is something that would really be WOW...

I dont want to spend too much money we just bought our home (a first for both of us) but i would like to do something special...

Also does anyone have any special gift ideas....

Thank you so much :-)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
_PakistaN_
07-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm not married or anything. How about you book a special table for dinner just for the two of you, and order his favorite foods. End of the day you can give him a nice gift.

S_87
07-19-2009, 12:52 PM
hehe might be good in the sisters only room...

well what kind of things does he like? for example would he appreciate a candle lit dinner or is that more you?

Layla454
07-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Well have you asked him what he enjoys? What are his dislikes? Is he picky?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
07-19-2009, 01:08 PM
I agree with the previous posters.
It doesn't have to be expensive at all, as long as you spend quality time together in a joyful and relaxed atmosphere.

I remember hubby and I having picnics on the sitting room floor - nice food, a few laughs and a sense of togetherness and closeness.
Priceless! :statisfie

Grofica
07-19-2009, 04:10 PM
He is not picky at all. he likes pretty much everything... maybe thats what makes it so hard he he he he he he he.

Layla454
07-19-2009, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
He is not picky at all. he likes pretty much everything... maybe thats what makes it so hard he he he he he he he.
Like what has been said, you can try picnics, candlelight dinners, talking a walk somewhere spectacular, go away for the weekend, etc. That kind of thing.

Grofica
07-19-2009, 05:18 PM
That sounds good but what about a gift????

Layla454
07-19-2009, 06:40 PM
That sounds good but what about a gift????
A gift would be nice but what kind? Things like aftershave are just too common in my opinion

gladTidings
07-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Take him for a hot air balloon ride lol

Banu_Hashim
07-19-2009, 07:10 PM
favourite dish! food wins everytime...

Cabdullahi
07-19-2009, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
hehe might be good in the sisters only room...

well what kind of things does he like? for example would he appreciate a candle lit dinner or is that more you?
candle lit dinner?

S_87
07-19-2009, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
candle lit dinner?
yeh...:X

for gifts...again whats he like? a new phone/laptop...a day out hire for some cool car..or his favourite dish eh rarely gets? :)

crayon
07-19-2009, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl
I was just going to say that! Go up in a hot air balloon and have a picnic in the sky!

As for gifts... I have no idea. There isn't much to get guys really, unless they have a particular interest is something specific..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-19-2009, 08:38 PM
:sl:

Secluded area of the beach. Beautiful walk by the water during sunset. Candle-lit (delicious) dinner. Sit with each other near the water under the stars at night.

I was just going to say that! Go up in a hot air balloon and have a picnic in the sky!
Or that. That would be pretty awesome!

The Ruler
07-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Then get him pretty much anything. IMO, giving/doing something is so typical, giving/doing nothing is now special.

nebula
07-19-2009, 09:05 PM
first of all, make him some NICE food maybe his favourite dish... ::thumbs_up

Layla454
07-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Another suggestion is if he likes sports, then buy him tickets to see his team play live :)

alcurad
07-19-2009, 11:12 PM
depends, just make it about both of you, something you can share and enjoy, a few laughs I'm sure are good, just be yourself, and have fun, the setting is really not the hardest thing to get once you start, it's getting to the mood & staying there that should be the focus IMO. if all else fails; snuggle closer, oh and not having something to speak about for a while is ok, just chew on the food :-, then say whatever is in your mind, be spontaneous, but don't over do it..

good luck ^_^

Grofica
07-20-2009, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl

Ha ha ha ha I would not even know where a hot air balloon ride place would be he he he he he.... :-[

aadil77
07-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Come on there must be some islamic perspective on this

Grofica
07-20-2009, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
yeh...:X

for gifts...again whats he like? a new phone/laptop...a day out hire for some cool car..or his favourite dish eh rarely gets? :)
I bought him a new laptop in Decembar and we just got new phones maybe 8 months ago... :-( We will actually be at home for our anniverary... we work away from home so its kind of like our vacation... I just want to do something really nice and sweet since we will be in civilization. :statisfie

Grofica
07-20-2009, 12:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Come on there must be some islamic perspective on this
That would be nice i am open to ideas...

IslamicRevival
07-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Is he into game consoles? Or any other gadgets? If so there's your answer :)

noorseeker
07-20-2009, 12:48 AM
dont wanna be a spoil sport, but is it permissible to celebrate anniversaries, did rasulallah saw celebrate it.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-20-2009, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
dont wanna be a spoil sport, but is it permissible to celebrate anniversaries, did rasulallah saw celebrate it.
They are from the things of the Dunya, without any religious significance..which vary from culture to culture.

http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=14
http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=14

Grofica
07-20-2009, 01:24 AM
what about a prayer compass or is that cheesy for an anniversary gift????

nebula
07-20-2009, 01:30 AM
nah i think thats really kool, get him a swiss army knife aswell, that would be a gd set,

prayer compass + swiss army knife,

u never know when it might come in handy, if ur in the forest and u need a piece of wood or u need to pray

nebula
07-20-2009, 01:33 AM

KiWi
07-20-2009, 01:42 AM
^ oh wow!!
never knew they had that kind

IslamicRevival
07-20-2009, 01:43 AM

Doubt you can get hold of one even if you had the money! lol

Only 30 built and all sold to pre selected Ferrari customers

Ive gone mad :enough!:

HumbleServant
07-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Lol. this might sound cheesy... but i think ill say it anyway... (oops)

how about you write him a letter... expressing how you feel to him.. and leave it somewhere for him purposely where you know he'll see it (maybe with the gift as well).. letters can mean so much.. (depends on the person though lol)

follow it up with dinner.. his favourite dish.. 3 course meal.. perfectly cooked.. a rose in between you.. and the most happy calming nasheeds playing in the background.. lol

Layla454
07-20-2009, 08:44 AM
what about a prayer compass or is that cheesy for an anniversary gift????

Thats not cheesy at all. If he needs it then he might appreciate it

Sahabiyaat
07-20-2009, 01:18 PM
THE WAY TO A MANS HEART IS THROUGH HIS STOMACH!

:D

As for the gift......do we have to spell it out. :p

CHOCLATE! :D

what did u think i was gna say :p

aadil77
07-20-2009, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Doubt you can get hold of one even if you had the money! lol

Only 30 built and all sold to pre selected Ferrari customers

Ive gone mad :enough!:
lol yeh, but they're not street legal

...but a driving experience gift is always nice

edit: whoops just realised you live in bosnia

Grofica
07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HumbleServant
Lol. this might sound cheesy... but i think ill say it anyway... (oops)

how about you write him a letter... expressing how you feel to him.. and leave it somewhere for him purposely where you know he'll see it (maybe with the gift as well).. letters can mean so much.. (depends on the person though lol)

follow it up with dinner.. his favourite dish.. 3 course meal.. perfectly cooked.. a rose in between you.. and the most happy calming nasheeds playing in the background.. lol
oh i dont cook :-[ or not often... plus i would have to use my mother-in-laws kitchen if i were going to cook... (she is super sweet) but usually when i cook its because she is teaching me to make something... :-[

Layla454
07-20-2009, 06:07 PM
oh i dont cook :-[ or not often... plus i would have to use my mother-in-laws kitchen if i were going to cook... (she is super sweet) but usually when i cook its because she is teaching me to make something... :-[
You could always take him out to eat...

Ansariyah
07-20-2009, 06:41 PM
write him a poem, if ur not a poet, write him a sweet letter? Wear something nice for him.

_PakistaN_
07-22-2009, 05:21 AM
yeah i guess pretty much everybody is saying the same thing. go to a place for dinner, maybe a picnic at a park or beach. end of the day just buy him a nice jacket or a watch or somthing like that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.