/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - Need To Read And Complete The Quran

AnonymousPoster
07-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Salaam, Any tips on how i can motivate myself to read the Quran? Im ashamed to say I have not read the complete Quran, cover to cover in all my life :( I have read it but not completed it. (Majority of the blame is due to me and some of it is due to where i used to study)

If my memory serves me right..I have only completed 13 chapters...(Years ago) Now i have to start all over again from the beginning

I've tried reading the Glorious Quran but i am nowhere near as fluent as i used to be (understandably!) :( This puts me off a little.

Ramadhan is near InshAllah and i do not want to blow my big opportunity to repent and please Allah SWT.

Any Tips? Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-19-2009, 07:09 AM
:sl:
listen to and read the quran regularly. im talking about everyday here...

if you want to complete the quran in Ramadhan i think the rate you should be going by is 4/5 pages after each salah...

Ali_008
07-19-2009, 07:46 AM
:sl:
If you can't read it fluently then remember that you'll get dual reward, one for reading the Qur'an and two for striving in reading it. The one who can read the Qur'an fluently receives only one reward and thats just for reading it. So if you start from today itself and complete half a juz everyday you'll be able to complete the Qur'an by the end of Ramadhan. May be one or two days of shawwaal as well. The last two,juz 29(Tabaarakallazee) and juz 30 (amma) have relatively small surahs and each can be completed in a day in an hour to the most. So start riping dual fruits in your stumbling while reading the Qur'an and make Dua to Allah to make the recitation easy for you.
:w:

AnonymousPoster
07-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grofica
07-20-2009, 12:30 AM
If the "reading" part is the problem they actually have the whole koran on CD's and stuff so you can listen to it while you drive around in your car. I dont know if you would want to do that though... i always find a passage or two in there that make me cry. :-) but really they have all sorts of places you can go online where you can buy the audio koran :-) I know sometimes i am a little lazy to pick up a book... (i wear glasses and i hate wearing them, so it really puts me off on reading) just a suggestion. (oh there are cassetts too)

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2009, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
If the "reading" part is the problem they actually have the whole koran on CD's and stuff so you can listen to it while you drive around in your car. I dont know if you would want to do that though... i always find a passage or two in there that make me cry. :-) but really they have all sorts of places you can go online where you can buy the audio koran :-) I know sometimes i am a little lazy to pick up a book... (i wear glasses and i hate wearing them, so it really puts me off on reading) just a suggestion. (oh there are cassetts too)
Salaam

I do listen to the Quran on CD (Sheikh Sudais, Sheikh Shuraim etc) but i want to read it myself and complete the whole Quran cover to cover. I used to read it fluently when i was at mosque but as i haven't read it in years, Ive lost it. The motivation isnt there no more but I'm aware i need to read the book of Allah SWT. It would be a disgrace if i died and not read it :(

May Allah SWT help us all

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Ameen to the duas.

Let me tell you regarding myself. My dad brought me a Qur'aan with tafseer for my 16th Birthday. At that time I was into music, chilling out with my mates in college, chatting on msn (this is all girls by the way, not boys), not reading a lot of Qur'an, just praying the usual prayers, etc. I was way too much into the dunya.

But then when I was 17, something happened in my life that I had to wake up...and submit myself to my Lord completely and not rely on anyone else...that's when I remembered that my dad had brought me a Qur'aan with Tafseer on my 16th birthday, and I went to get it. It was lying on the shelf. I went and picked it up. I opened it and started to read it. Before this time, I never really concentrated on the meanings of the Qur'aan, but now when I started to read is properly, I got really emotional. SubhanAllaah the Qur'aan is so, so beautiful.

I was reading like I was a little child, slowly and trying to join the words and everything - because I only used to read it every ramadan, thats it. But slowly, uit took me nearly half a year, but my speed is back to normal now, alhamdulillah.

I also increased my knowledge of Islam so much Alhamdulillah.

So please brother/sister, do not lose faith in Allaah, read the Qur'aan as much as you can with a true heart, and Allaah will do the rest...

"...And Whom Allah Guides, for him there is none to misguide..."
[Qur'aan, Surah 39, Verse 37]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.