/* */

PDA

View Full Version : asalamu alaykum

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2009, 09:31 PM
i would like to know whether I need to take any permission from my mums husband if my dad can come inside my house to visit me?
(my house not my step dads) because my step dad says that he doesnt want my dad coming into my house. is this allowed in islam ?
havent i got the right to ask my dad to come in because he wants to see his children. and my dad wont even stay for long just for a few minutes to give salam thats all. havent i got the right to do so ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2009, 10:04 PM
If the house belongs to your step dad then I think you do because he is the head of the house.

But I don't see why you can't meet him outside your house, places such as a cafe or park or even your dads house?

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2009, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
If the house belongs to your step dad then I think you do because he is the head of the house.

But I don't see why you can't meet him outside your house, places such as a cafe or park or even your dads house?
No the house doesnt belong to him .. he just moved over recently when he got married to my mum.

Well, my dad use to come to my house before she got married. And i dont mean like he should come and site down and have a conversation .. i mean for example if my dad comes to drop of something or came to give me something .. havent i got the right to ask him to come inside or is that wrong because my step dad didnt want it.

AnonymousPoster
07-20-2009, 10:53 PM
All i Wanna know is that in Islam has he got the right to say that he doesnt want him to come in ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
07-20-2009, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
All i Wanna know is that in Islam has he got the right to say that he doesnt want him to come in ?
Yes because he is the husband and if he doesn't want a man who is non mahram to your mother to come in then I'm sure he has that right and it would be pretty low for a man if he didn't have control over that.

Why would your dad want to come in anyway knowing that he has no relationship with your mother and that there is another man in there?

ardianto
07-21-2009, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Why would your dad want to come in anyway knowing that he has no relationship with your mother and that there is another man in there?
There is ex-wife but there is no ex-child.
A dad will climb the highest mountain or walks through the jungle that full of wild animals if he want to meet his child.
When you have a child you will understand.

- IqRa -
07-21-2009, 09:32 AM
^ Exactly, brother.

Snowflake
07-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I doubt it matters who the property belongs to. The fact is that your step-dad is your mum's husband and has the same rights over her as he would if the house were his. No man would like his wife's ex-husband coming to the house. It would take an extraordinary amount of understanding and willpower to control jealousy to allow something like that.

I think for everyone's sake, it's better and bigger of you, if you didn't invite your dad in. And your dad should understand the new situation too and not expect you to invite him in. Be adult about it and tell your dad that you'd like to invite him in but you don't think it's ok to do that anymore.

Snowflake
07-21-2009, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
There is ex-wife but there is no ex-child.
A dad will climb the highest mountain or walks through the jungle that full of wild animals if he want to meet his child.
When you have a child you will understand.
A father should also realise what is the right thing to do in such circumstances. There is always the option to meet outside. The bro/sis can go and visit the father at his house, no?

If I were in this situation, I would not let my ex come into the house and make my husband feel uncomfortable. I'd send my child out to visit his dad at his house.

AnonymousPoster
07-21-2009, 12:20 PM
I wouldnt let my father come in and he wouldnt want to come in anyway if its me and my mum and my step dad alone in the house .. but what if theres other family members at my house like my grandma from my mums side which is my fathers aunty. Bassically my mum and dad are first cousins.

adil hasnain
07-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Really bro I dont think we are learned enough to know the answer cant you ask your local Imam and tell him the whole story.Thats the best

Salaamoalakum

ardianto
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
A question.
Is your dad still alone or he has married again ?

AnonymousPoster
07-22-2009, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
A question.
Is your dad still alone or he has married again ?
Yes he has and has 3 children

Snowflake
07-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Yes, as head of household, he has that right.

“Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allaah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

Ibn Katheer said:

‘Ali ibn Abi Talhah said, narrating from Ibn ‘Abbaas: “Men are the protectors and maintainers of women” means: they are in charge of them and the woman should obey her husband in the matters in which Allaah has enjoined obedience. Obeying him means treating his family well and looking after his wealth
and your father is a non mahram to your mother, even if they are cousins. So your step-father has even more right to refuse his entry into the house.

ardianto
07-24-2009, 03:58 AM
Yes he has and has 3 children
If he still alone I can give you an advice, stay in his house few days in a month. However, he has a family, you cannot stay in his house.

I hope, other member can give you a right advice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.